Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning (14937 Views)

Tomfrench Wins Mr. Nairaland Contest 2015 / Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 {campaign Thread} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by ronald4lif(m): 10:02pm On May 11, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

One of the reasons I deliberately stayed away from all of the madness. Not surprised anyway, last year's was a conspiracy; this year wouldn't be any different. E-mails have been exchanged , group chats are ongoing. The 'winner' already knows herself. She already boasted about it...and SHE ISN'T BEAUTIFUL. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME FOLKS - IT'S BEEN CONCLUDED BEFORE IT EVEN BEGUN. smiley

Get on with your cyber lives.

Doubt me? Do your researchsmiley.

Well, I don't know but I believe you must have your reasons for saying this as someone who experienced the past event(s). Whether they are genuine or not is debatable though. This is my first time of witnessing the competition and so far I have some scepticism which I prefer to inhume to myself for now.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 11, 2015
ronald4lif:
That number 1 rule though. I hope some mischief makers won't go about opening campaign threads with bogus accounts on their perceived adversary behalf so their votes get deducted, for their preferred contestant advantage. Some campaigners mean real business and they seem to be on every section with their ads.

Very true.

This is something the organizers should consider. Something similar happened while I was still in d Uni. D rule was dat any candidate with a visible banner after official end of campaigns would be disqualified. Some other candidates went to produce banners of the leading candidate and then displayed it somewhere conspicuous. Despite his protestations, the guy was very nearly disqualified.
If I want to bring a candidate down, nothing stops me from spamming front page threads with posts about dat candidate so dat she can be penalized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 11, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

One of the reasons I deliberately stayed away from all of the madness. Not surprised anyway, last year's was a conspiracy; this year wouldn't be any different. E-mails have been exchanged , group chats are ongoing. The 'winner' already knows herself. She already boasted about it...and SHE ISN'T BEAUTIFUL. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME FOLKS - IT'S BEEN CONCLUDED BEFORE IT EVEN BEGUN. smiley

Stop spreading rumors
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by yorubaboiy: 10:43pm On May 11, 2015
tori kinni.........
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by mirexxx(f): 11:00pm On May 11, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by MizMyColi(f): 11:01pm On May 11, 2015
smiley
teeoo:

Stop spreading rumors
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by kradleber: 11:06pm On May 11, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

That's why its called 'Campaigning' ...
If Buhahi didn't campaign, would he win the election?
Exchanging of e-mails, group chats are all to enhance campaigning and all these seemly unimportant internet stuffs are subliminally affecting people positively in their lives. Either in public speech making or in human relations.

so just because this type of activity isn't your thing doesn't make it 'Madness' cos its actually fun and a learning tool. You could easily ignore instead of badmouthing .

And you have no right whatsoever to say someone isn't Beautiful unless you moulded them yourself.
. That's the most retardedd and pained filled comment ever, and the winner of the contest is far from being known yet. Even a blind Bat can see that this year is way different from past editions ..
We know you are a buzz-kill but try seeing jokes and the fun in stuffs instead taking things too serious.
You'd live longer that way.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 11, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

awwww like seriously,u must b kidding i guess cheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 11, 2015
kradleber:

Exchanging of e-mails, group chats are all to enhance campaigning and all these seemly unimportant internet stuffs are subliminally affecting people positively in their lives. Either in public speech making or in human relations.

so jst because this type of activity isn't your thing doesn't make it 'Madness' cos its actually fun and a learning tool. You could easily ignore instead of gossiping and badmouthing .

And you have no right whatsoever to say someone isn't Beautiful. That's the most retardedd and pained filled comment ever. and the winner is far from being known yet.
We know you are a buzz-kill but try seeing jokes and the fun in stuffs instead taking things too serious.

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Dotwillis1(m): 11:23pm On May 11, 2015
mirexxx:
hmmmmm
o bleeped up o
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by tosyne2much(m): 11:43pm On May 11, 2015
Noted dygeasy cool

Btw, why do people pick quarrel for everything ?
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Kenneth205(m): 11:45pm On May 11, 2015
H,MMMMMMM
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by tosyne2much(m): 11:45pm On May 11, 2015
ronald4lif:
That number 1 rule though. I hope some mischief makers won't go about opening campaign threads with bogus accounts on their perceived adversary behalf so their votes get deducted, for their preferred contestant advantage. Some campaigners mean real business and they seem to be on every section with their ads.
Some campaign managers and their surbodinates can go extra miles at the expense of disqualify their counterparta

I just hope we won't start seeing newly registered monikers trying to cause mischief
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Dygeasy(m): 11:47pm On May 11, 2015
ronald4lif:
Valid point.

The rules are there to put everyone in check. We wouldn't do anything to hurt any contestant unjustly.

Keep calm.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Dygeasy(m): 11:48pm On May 11, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Proof please...

The threads are still there.

Emails are being exchanged between who and who?

Expatiate and bring out your proofs or remain silent forever.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Dygeasy(m): 11:51pm On May 11, 2015
ronald4lif:

Well, I don't know but I believe you must have your reasons for saying this as someone who experienced the past event(s). Whether they are genuine or not is debatable though. This is my first time of witnessing the competition and so far I have some scepticism which I prefer to inhume to myself for now.
He has no reasons trust me.

He's willing to start a conspiracy himself. I wonder why people like him didn't protest at the time the winner was announced last year.

What exactly is the problem with these people? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by ronald4lif(m): 12:07am On May 12, 2015
Dygeasy:

He's willing to start a conspiracy himself. I wonder why people like him didn't protest at the time the winner was announced last year.

True to that. Anyone who was skeptical about any phase of the last competion and the process on which emerging winners were crowned should have made it known during that period.
Dygeasy:

Valid point.
The rules are there to put everyone in check. We wouldn't do anything to hurt any contestant unjustly.
Keep calm.

Noted Sir. Sceptics can sure bank at the emboldened.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by mirexxx(f): 12:23am On May 12, 2015
Dotwillis1:
u bleeped up o
me?? shocked how??
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Johneyhaz: 2:34am On May 12, 2015
Noted

We hear you
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Dotwillis1(m): 6:40am On May 12, 2015
mirexxx:
me?? shocked how??
you didn't contest!sad smiley
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by ireneony(f): 7:44am On May 12, 2015
Dygeasy:
This is a special notice to all Contestants and Campaign Managers. Below are stated rules guiding campaigning for this year's edition of the Miss Nairaland Contest. We have just a few days to the start of the contest, can we at least just make it a healthy gearing up to and make it fun for us all? Thanks.

Please read slowly and read again for total understanding and comprehension;

1. Any thread opened in Favour of any contestant will attract a deduction of 15 votes in the first round for the contestant and a lengthy ban for the poster.

2. Insulting any contestant/judge/moderator is highly prohibited. Defaulters will be banned.

3. No contestant should make demeaning/derogatory comments about others or the contest. Make sure we don't see it because if we do, 30 of such contestant's votes will be deducted. 

4. All posts related to campaigns must be made on the campaign thread, defaulters risk a lengthy ban. Just make sure we don't see the Frontpage Topics spamming. You're only putting your contestants at risk.

There's a place and time for everything which is why we have this thread.

Kindly help us make this worthwhile for all of us and adhere strictly to these rules.

To avoid confusion and mischief, Campaign Managers should forward a mail to mrdygeasy@gmail.com. Let's know who's who.

Thanks.

Hope you all are having a good evening. smiley

CC:
MizMyColi
Dechandel
Friedplantain
Kachisbarbie
Ivyy
DaveP

CC:
Adeh39
Mariamferanmi
KashyBaby
Maureensylvia
Aipete2
Milaby
Mziceberry
Sandrahnaub
Takim107
Tohpahz
SubbieD
Trypa
Twaci
Lurlah2014
MzLaurel
Vickydera2

Thanks
u are becoming so annoying..
whats up with those clueless tag.

why must u say a lengthy ban, maybe u dont know ishil..ove is cos she ready to give lengthy ban.
whats so special abt this contest anyway, that u have to sit down compose this baseless rules.

nor be ur property, better be careful
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Dygeasy(m): 7:59am On May 12, 2015
ireneony:

why must u say a lengthy ban, maybe u dont know ishil..ove is cos she ready to give lengthy ban.
whats so special abt this contest anyway, that u have to sit down compose this baseless rules.

The same thing that's special about it that made you change your signature is why I sat down to make these rules.

Any defaulters will face a lengthy ban that'd span the whole of the contest.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by MuguliciousMUGU: 8:25am On May 12, 2015
Dygeasy:
The same thing that's special about it that made you change your signature is why I sat down to make these rules.

Thanks.
confirm... Keep the good work up... This is gonna be one of the best beauty contest ever.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Jambsupport(f): 8:26am On May 12, 2015
ireneony:

what's she saying again?
every game has rules, must u be everywhere? just saying
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:34am On May 12, 2015
kradleber:

so just because this type of activity isn't your thing doesn't make it 'Madness' cos its actually fun and a learning tool. You could easily ignore instead of badmouthing .

And you have no right whatsoever to say someone isn't Beautiful unless you moulded them yourself.
. That's the most retardedd and pained filled comment ever, and the winner of the contest is far from being known yet. Even a blind Bat can see that this year is way different from past editions ..

It's a few days away, right? She's dark-skinned. Hopefully I'll remember your moniker to give you the I-thought-I-told-you moment. A few days from now, señor.smiley

P.S: I chose not to reply you with scathing remarks. I know you thought I would. I am not that predictable, sirsmiley.

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by funlord(m): 8:39am On May 12, 2015
kradleber:

grin
kradleber:

Mr INTERPOL! Lmao!

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by funlord(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2015
ireneony:

grin
ireneony:

Mrs ORUBEBE! Lol
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by mirexxx(f): 8:54am On May 12, 2015
Dotwillis1:
you didn't contest!sad smiley
yeah! i....
grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:01am On May 12, 2015
Dygeasy:

Screw your ban threats and wisecracks, mister.
The son of Mark can never be cowered into retreating by any of those - you should know that already

Since you made yourself the attorney I'd direct it to YOU. If you really are as saintly as you are really trying hard to emphasize, then;

1. Why haven't there been measures to curtail the laid down rules of punishing defaulting candidates? Preferential treatment for the preferred 'candidate', huh? Yes, one of them bragged that's she the winner already.

2. Why aren't the suppose judges neutral? Yes, we know the 'judges' (two females in particular) are (e-)friends with a particular contestant? They've never hidden the fact that that candidate is their FRIEND. Where lies the required default neutral stance(s) of the supposed umpires?

3.What is the basic criterion for emerging as the winner? Highest number of likes? Proof that it is just a popularity contest.

4. If this is really a BEAUTY/INTELLIGENCE contest as against a POPULARITY contest, why does the afore-stated criterion in number 3 above hold true?

5. Can the said umpires vouch publicly that they haven't been in contact with each other and that contestant off Nairaland?

You negate my assertions that this has been a premeditated conspired contest? Answer those questions or forever hold your peace and hide your tail between your wobbly legs. You all can decide to get the mods to trail my every activity here but I am unfazed. smiley

Let those umpires/judges deny my claims and let me reveal more or maybe get the mods to ban me in your usual cowardly manner.
LET'S LET IT ALL OUT. TOO LATE TO RETREAT smiley.

Cc:

Ronald4lif
Agarawu23

[/b]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by MizMyColi(f): 9:12am On May 12, 2015
Dygeasy:

Thanks.

Boss!!!cheesycheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Dotwillis1(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2015
mirexxx:
yeah! i.... grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Rules For Campaigning by Dygeasy(m): 9:22am On May 12, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Screw your ban threats and wisecracks, mister.
The son of Mark can never be cowered into retreating by any of those - you should know that already
I have no reason to threaten you with bans or whatnot. The rules of this contest should be respected and that's all.

Since you made yourself the attorney I'd direct it to YOU. If you really are as saintly as you are really trying hard to emphasize, then;
By all means fire away.

1. Why haven't there been measures to curtail the laid down rules of punishing defaulting candidates? Preferential treatment for the preferred 'candidate', huh? Yes, one of them brag that's the winner already.
You mean the rules I posted yesterday? Are we to stop any contestant from bragging about her possibility of winning? That's not an offense. Who's this preferred candidate you're talking about?

2. Why aren't the suppose judges neutral? Yes, we know the 'judges' (two females in particular) are (e-)friends with a particular contestant? They've never hidden the fact that that candidate is their FRIEND. Where lies the required default neutral stance(s) of the supposed umpires?
As long as the judges are members of this forum, there's definitely a possibility of being friends with the contestants but trust me when I tell you the decision of anyone to contest wasn't influenced by any judge or the supposed friendship between them. Aren't familiar people supposed to judge? What's your point really? We shouldn't participate online? You people will accuse us of staying away from our tasks. I'm confused by your confusion honestly.

3.What is the basic criterion for emerging as the winner? Highest number of likes?
This totally confirms your ignorance. I thought you were a part of this last year. I can choose to ignore you henceforth cos you don't know jack about this contest.

4. If this is really a BEAUTY/INTELLIGENCE contest as against a POPULARITY contest, why does the afore-stated criterion in number 3 above hold true?
Bla Bla. They vote in real beauty pageants too.

Can the said umpires vouch publicly that they haven't been in contact with each other and that contestant off Nairaland?
No we can't. We have to be in constant contact with them for the purpose of the contest and receipt of necessary stuff. Would you rather do all the work and send them to us?

You negate my assertions that this has been a premeditated conspired contest? Answer those questions or forever hold your peace and hide your tail behind your wobbly legs. You all can decide to get the mods to trail my every activity here but I am unfazed. smiley

Let those umpires/judges deny my claims and let me reveal more or maybe get the mods to ban me in your usual cowardly manner.
LET'S LET IT ALL OUT. TOO LATE TO RETREAT smiley
.Feel free to let whatever out.

Cc:

Ronald4lif
Agarawu23

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

TOGO: Girl Dances Without Pants In The Sitting Room To Please Her Man And Friend / Endowed Ladies, Upload Your Backside Pic,let's Rate You / LOL! Guys Started Releasing When Cynthia Morgan Posted This Photos On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.