Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS (66708 Views)

Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity / My 10-Year-Old Daughter Is No Longer A Virgin / 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Ralphlauren(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2015
funshiba:

Sensitive topic for me.

Just few months back.... My ex and I broke up due to genotype issues....She is SS and im AS.... till now she hasnt forgiven me...we were meant to get married this year. But I guess I made a decision for us cos she couldnt bear losing me....

The most painful decision I ever made cos I love here dearly but I guess common sense has to prevail....I pray she understands someday and will forever be happy...

funshiba , dude. 'why evils'

why are you on this thread peddling lies on what is medically impossible?

your wife is SS and that is the reason why you have a SS child.

AS + AA can NEVER breed a SS child
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 4:02pm On May 12, 2015
cao:

Typical response from someone who didn't bother to read the whole story.

I read the whole storyangry

Its only possible if the wife had an affair with a blood relative...
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Ekeke1(m): 4:03pm On May 12, 2015
Hw come?
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Ralphlauren(m): 4:03pm On May 12, 2015
bettercreature:
I read your old post it seems your wife is SS so dont come here to lie

you are right !

the dude is a liar.

he is AS and his wife his SS.

Imagine him claiming AA + AS = SS child shocked

people should fear God ooooooo with the lies they peddle on his forum.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by pek(m): 4:10pm On May 12, 2015
MarvellousGod:
The woman don go away match grin grin grin grin

Meanyl, they need to ascertain the authenticity of the tests... maybe have them redone. ..
in trying to be smart, you made a fool of yourself. I guess you didn't read the story.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 4:10pm On May 12, 2015
Ralphlauren:

you are right !
the dude is a liar.
he is AS and his wife his SS.
Imagine him claiming AA + AS = SS child shocked
people should fear God ooooooo with the lies they peddle on his forum.
If a blood relative that's AS has s:ex with the wife..
The DNA will prove the husband as the father cos of DNA similarities..
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by deavicky(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2015
Demichaels:
My friend's 10 year Marriage is about to collapse.

His, my friend's genotype is AA and his wife's genotype is AS but their 4 year old daughter has been confirmed to have SS genotype by not less than 4 different medical experts. He confronted the wife and accused her of infidelity but she vehemently denied having any affair with another man. In other to prove her wrong, my friend subjected the little girl to a paternity test and there he got the shock of his life - the result showed he actually is the father of the girl. At first he accused the doctor of compromise because he is their family doctor and somehow relates to the wife. He then decided to go to another hospital to prove the paternity of the girl child there and then he got another shocker - the first result was actually correct. As It stands, my friend has consulted more than five other doctors outside the state of his residence and all Confirmed that the girl's genotype is SS and he actually is the father of the child despite his and the wife's genotype being as stated above. Even the doctor's are confused by the results as it negate conventional medical norm.

My question now is, experts in the house, is there anything that can lead to such unconventional biological flaw? Under what condition can AS and AA couple have an SS child? Can mutation lead to such condition? My friend insists on divorce because he doesn't believe the wife. Should he go ahead based on what we all know about genotype?

Please I need matured advice on this. This is a REAL LIFE SITUATION AND NO FICTION. I WOULD HAVE MENTIONED NAMES AND ADDRESS OF THE COUPLE BUT I DON'T HAVE THEIR PERMISSION YET. THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT HERE IN PORT HARCOURT OLD GRA WE'RE LIVING
God has done it again
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by greygoblings(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2015
Guys This is possible but not SS. AA and AS can give birth to SC which also has a sickler trait.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Ralphlauren(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2015
GodMode:

If a blood relative that's AS has s:ex with the wife..

The DNA will prove the husband as the father cos of DNA similarities..

Did you read my post at all before quoting me?

Or are you blind or suffering from comprehension issues?

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Ralphlauren(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2015
funshiba:

Hmmmm.... I got scared when i saw this post.... Its with heavy heart I say this is happening in my young marriage....My spouse is AA im AS. We had our baby in America this year they told us this, We asked for a recheck and it was almost same thing.

We decided to come to run our test in Nigeria, A test and a re-run says the same SS. The hospital advised we check again in few months as the infants undergo changes and the result cannot be confirmed.

We will wait till she is 6 months to 1yr old. But you dont have an idea of how scared i'm. I discussed with a medical consultant friend and he told me it is impossible that I should worry and check when she is one. but I'm scared to death and pray about this everyday. Medicine is abit funny cos I dont know possible this is medically and I dont want my only kid to be an example of such. Pray for us. Its not a good thing to happen.

Note that we are 100% sure of our status and had several rerun of test, I also trust my spouse with all my heart, Besides she is the AA.

I will advice this family that made the post to wait and not scatter the home cos of this. Accusation isnt the best and the wrongest approach to go about it.

Thanks

Your wife is SS.

Stop coming here to spread lies just because you want to get "likes".

Go back and read your posts as far back as 2013. U were fully aware your wife is SS and you admitted that you are AS.

I don't understand what you hope to gain by coming here to lie in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by cao(f): 4:20pm On May 12, 2015
GodMode:

I read the whole story:>(

Its only possible if the wife had an affair with a blood relative...
Funny how folks forget what DNA means, when you run tests pertaining to parentage, the results can be used to tell whether the man is the father or a close familial relative as well. Eg if I run a DNA test with my brother, it will show that we share certain patterns* with each other that will prove we are siblings.

Now, I'm no professional in genetics & it's been a long time since I studied biology, but I do know that even identical twins don't have the same fingerprints even though they were spilt from the same fertilised egg, while also possessing the same alleles. The human body is a funny thing, mutations are known to happen, it would appear genetic quirks will always turn up one way or the other.

From this story, when DNA tests have proven he is indeed the father, the simple fact he doesn't appear to trust his wife, makes me not trust the man, his behaviour is rather suspicious...

*for the life of me, I'm trying to spell the word that they always use starting with a...**googles** allele! That's the word I was looking for.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by pek(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2015
Something that has a.0001 chance of happening will happen.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Abali1(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2015
LyfeJennings:

Oga,
Are U my father?
My father is AA
I am AA
My sister is AA
My brother is AS
My last born is SC

Its a rare gene. Science doesnt have the answer to every question.
If your Father is truly AA and your mum is truly AS, how come your last born is SC?
I don't want to really argue, but ask others in the medical field.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 4:26pm On May 12, 2015
cao:

Funny how folks forget what DNA means, when you run tests pertaining to parentage, the results can be used to tell whether the man is the father or a close familial relative as well. Eg if I run a DNA test with my brother, it will show that[b] we share certain patterns* [/b]with each other that will prove we are siblings.

Now, I'm no professional in genetics & it's been a long time since I studied biology, but I do know that even identical twins don't have the fingerprints even though they were spilt from the same fertilised eggs, while also possessing the same alleles. The human body is a funny thing, mutations are known to happen, it would appear genetic quirks will always turn up one way or the other.

From this story, when DNA tests have proven he is indeed the father, the simple fact he doesn't appear to trust his wife, makes me not trust the man, his behaviour is rather suspicious...

*for the life of me, I'm trying to spell the word that they always use starting with a...**googles** allele! That's the word I was looking for.

You said it yourself "we share patterns"...

Once a Nigerian dr sees similar patterns they'll conclude instead of studying more..

Its possible that the child and the husband are not 100% match.. But they are a match..
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by oluwasegun007(m): 4:36pm On May 12, 2015
Well, dis is where ur landlord coms in.... :DWell, dis is where ur landlord coms in....
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by oluwasegun007(m): 4:37pm On May 12, 2015
Well, dis is where ur landlord coms in....
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by cao(f): 4:38pm On May 12, 2015
GodMode:

You said it yourself "we share patterns"...

Once a Nigerian dr sees similar patterns they'll conclude instead of studying more..

Its possible that the child and the husband are not 100% match.. But they are a match..

A father would certainly share more genetic traits and alleles with their child than his uncle ever would. There's a reason why DNA tests are used to determine paternity of a child. Any old matching does not work, if that were the case, it would never be used as a viable option in court cases. Those doctors who ran the tests would have told him if he was a mere relative or the father. So please y'all need to stop spreading disinformation and maybe do more reading.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 4:44pm On May 12, 2015
cao:

A father would certainly share more genetic traits and alleles with their child than his uncle ever would. There's a reason why DNA tests are used to determine paternity of a child. Any old matching does not work, if that were the case, it would never be used as a viable option in court cases. Those doctors who ran the tests would have told him if he was a mere relative or the father. So please y'all need to stop spreading disinformation and maybe do more reading.

You should stop reading crap on google and know that this is Nigeria... Some people are incompetent...

Hospitals can hire people that know nothing about health of a human being to save costs.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Fratello(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2015
Behira:
Which body
...the body smooching the gate on yo DP. undecided
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Chigorkizz(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2015
Mutation has occured.
The child is a mutant.

2 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 4:52pm On May 12, 2015
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by cao(f): 4:56pm On May 12, 2015
GodMode:

You should stop reading crap on google and know that this is Nigeria... Some people are incompetent...

Hospitals can hire people that know nothing about health of a human being to save costs.
Of course, you rather let disinformation reign instead? There's a big difference between incompetence and disinformation. A doctor not doing his job right is incompetence, folks spreading false information is disinformation. The fact remains that the man has done at least two DNA tests from two different hospitals (where the story pointed out he went to another hospital to get a second opinion) does not negate the fact that the man does not trust his wife...Plus, is his untrusting nature due to the fact he might be hiding his own skeletons? Who knows...

Now if this woman has indeed made James Bond style moves to go out of her way to deceive her husband, then she should face the consequences and maybe apply for espionage work...But the way I see it, I believe the father is honestly setting himself up for serious grief, because his actions will definitely have consequences in the future.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by LyfeJennings(m): 4:58pm On May 12, 2015
Abali1:

If your Father is truly AA and your mum is truly AS, how come your last born is SC?
I don't want to really argue, but ask others in the medical field.

This matter na Yankee dem go finish am o. Na there dem go do the DNA o. One of the best hospital in NY so bros, I know what I am saying
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by darvic1515(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2015
Due to my experience as a medical personnel, its not possible and it can never be possible, I'll advice you tell your friend and his wife to go to a good lab and doctor to re do all the tests, i'll suggest 1 of dis teaching hospitals or any standard government hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by ayus7(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2015
Ask d wife where pikin come frm!
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by cao(f): 4:59pm On May 12, 2015
GodMode:
Cao

Since u like reading.. Read this..

www.dnacenter.com/blog/can-a-paternity-dna-test-distinguish-between-brothers/
And the answer still said yes, did it not? Further tests can still be run to determine it, if said brothers share a lot of markers, as that post suggests. So what exactly is your point? DNA tests will still tell who the father is.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by mechanics(m): 5:02pm On May 12, 2015
He n his wife shud both check their genotype again, dat condition is nt normal 4rm ur elementary biology on genetics.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by xoctic: 5:03pm On May 12, 2015
It can occur if the recessive sickle gene of the man is expressed. This is rare but can happen. He better not divorce his wife oh, it's a natural but rare occurence.....speaking as some1 in the field. seek medical counsel and take care of ur child

2 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 5:07pm On May 12, 2015
cao:

And the answer still said yes, did it not? Further tests can still be run to determine it, if said brothers share a lot of markers, as that post suggests. So what exactly is your point? DNA tests will still tell who the father is.

Yes.. But further tests must be done with the brother present...

Hope you read that part
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 5:08pm On May 12, 2015
cao:

Of course, you rather let disinformation reign instead? There's a big difference between incompetence and disinformation. A doctor not doing his job right is incompetence, folks spreading false information is disinformation. The fact remains that the man has done at least two DNA tests from two different hospitals (where the story pointed out he went to another hospital to get a second opinion) does not negate the fact that the man does not trust his wife...Plus, is his untrusting nature due to the fact he might be hiding his own skeletons? Who knows...

Now if this woman has indeed made James Bond style moves to go out of her way to deceive her husband, then she should face the consequences and maybe apply for espionage work...But the way I see it, I believe the father is honestly setting himself up for serious grief, because his actions will definitely have consequences in the future.

His actions won't have consequences... Its better to be sure than to live in denial..
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 12, 2015
I wonder why some fools will just talk anyhow about what they know nothing about...

How in the world can an AS and AA give birth to an SS? How? It has never happened and it can not start today...

The woman slept with another man...it's as simple as that..!!

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by jomoh: 5:11pm On May 12, 2015
Demichaels:
My friend's 10 year Marriage is about to collapse.

His, my friend's genotype is AA and his wife's genotype is AS but their 4 year old daughter has been confirmed to have SS genotype by not less than 4 different medical experts. He confronted the wife and accused her of infidelity but she vehemently denied having any affair with another man. In other to prove her wrong, my friend subjected the little girl to a paternity test and there he got the shock of his life - the result showed he actually is the father of the girl. At first he accused the doctor of compromise because he is their family doctor and somehow relates to the wife. He then decided to go to another hospital to prove the paternity of the girl child there and then he got another shocker - the first result was actually correct. As It stands, my friend has consulted more than five other doctors outside the state of his residence and all Confirmed that the girl's genotype is SS and he actually is the father of the child despite his and the wife's genotype being as stated above. Even the doctor's are confused by the results as it negate conventional medical norm.

My question now is, experts in the house, is there anything that can lead to such unconventional biological flaw? Under what condition can AS and AA couple have an SS child? Can mutation lead to such condition? My friend insists on divorce because he doesn't believe the wife. Should he go ahead based on what we all know about genotype?

Please I need matured advice on this. This is a REAL LIFE SITUATION AND NO FICTION. I WOULD HAVE MENTIONED NAMES AND ADDRESS OF THE COUPLE BUT I DON'T HAVE THEIR PERMISSION YET. THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT HERE IN PORT HARCOURT OLD GRA WE'RE LIVING

Let them do a DNA test. It is the surest test to determine the true paternity.

If after the DNA it still comes out to be the mans own, then he should accept the outcome as Gods miracle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents / Abuja Law School Student Slumps And Dies On New Year’s Day (Photos) / Man’s Affairs With Five Married Women Ends In Mysterious Skin Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.