Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,109 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS (66702 Views)

Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity / My 10-Year-Old Daughter Is No Longer A Virgin / 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by rattlesnake(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2015
Behira:
Why
cos I need
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by jomoh: 5:11pm On May 12, 2015
Demichaels:
My friend's 10 year Marriage is about to collapse.

His, my friend's genotype is AA and his wife's genotype is AS but their 4 year old daughter has been confirmed to have SS genotype by not less than 4 different medical experts. He confronted the wife and accused her of infidelity but she vehemently denied having any affair with another man. In other to prove her wrong, my friend subjected the little girl to a paternity test and there he got the shock of his life - the result showed he actually is the father of the girl. At first he accused the doctor of compromise because he is their family doctor and somehow relates to the wife. He then decided to go to another hospital to prove the paternity of the girl child there and then he got another shocker - the first result was actually correct. As It stands, my friend has consulted more than five other doctors outside the state of his residence and all Confirmed that the girl's genotype is SS and he actually is the father of the child despite his and the wife's genotype being as stated above. Even the doctor's are confused by the results as it negate conventional medical norm.

My question now is, experts in the house, is there anything that can lead to such unconventional biological flaw? Under what condition can AS and AA couple have an SS child? Can mutation lead to such condition? My friend insists on divorce because he doesn't believe the wife. Should he go ahead based on what we all know about genotype?

Please I need matured advice on this. This is a REAL LIFE SITUATION AND NO FICTION. I WOULD HAVE MENTIONED NAMES AND ADDRESS OF THE COUPLE BUT I DON'T HAVE THEIR PERMISSION YET. THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT HERE IN PORT HARCOURT OLD GRA WE'RE LIVING

Let them do a DNA test. It is the surest test to determine the true paternity.

If after the DNA it still comes out to be the mans own, then he should accept the outcome as God's miracle.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by jaz(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2015
VILLAGE WITCHES IN ACTION
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Dozzmani(m): 5:25pm On May 12, 2015
Lordave:

No, not because of the SS status but because a certain AS guy owns the child
If u say because a certain AS guy owns d child,its just as if u have concluded that the wife cheated,and if that's d case here,y are u here to seek for our opinion?
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by abdulkayus(m): 5:37pm On May 12, 2015
bettercreature:
Shut your mouth if he trust his wife doesnt mean we should trust her,why do you think police normally beat people to confess,reffer me to one book or link that prove its possible for AS and AA to give birth to SS,the fact still remains the baby is not his baby

U are such a big time fooooool, didn't u read where the OP said they have went for DNA test and result shows that he is the real father of the baby gal. Read, una no go read. That is how u guys fail exams.

2 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by cao(f): 5:39pm On May 12, 2015
GodMode:

His actions won't have consequences... Its better to be sure than to live in denial..

His actions will have consequences, if his wife is indeed telling the truth, he's too quick to push the divorce button, the DNA tests have given him fact, but he still doesn't want to believe.

GodMode:

Yes.. But further tests must be done with the brother present...
Hope you read that part
I even mentioned that in my post, it really isn't hard to read...Since he is a doubting Thomas, then he should ask for further tests, if he has brothers then he should bring them forward, if his father is still alive he can even bring him forward...he might as well, since he doesn't trust his wife. Let him keep tarnishing his image to his wife and child. And if after all of this proves his wife's fidelity, his reputation will forever be tarnished to his wife. Let's hope he's not treating the child differently 'cause that will also tarnish his reputation with his child.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by MrOlai: 5:39pm On May 12, 2015
Medically for now, when the husband's genotype is AA and that of the wife is AS, then, the genotype of their child should either be AA or AS.

However, Science is ever dynamic. Aristotle raised Telegony some centuries before B.C. It was considered a lie at the beginning of study of Genetics. What does modern Science say today about Telegony?

At the beginning of the study of Aeronautic Engineering in the late 19th century, the association of the entire Engineers in UK unanimously agreed that a metal cannot fly in air after series of experiments i.e aeroplanes, jets, not possible. But what do we have in the world today?

In the early study of Chemistry, Dalton propounded 5 theories about atom as follows:
1. Atom is the smallest indivisible particle of an element.
2. Atom can neither be created nor destroyed.
3. Atoms of the same element are alike in every aspect.
4. When atoms react, they do so in simple ratio.
5. A chemical reaction is a rearrangement of atoms.
Alas! What do we have in the world today? All his hypotheses are lies! So, Science is ever dynamic.

For those of us that are either Christians or Muslims, we do believe that Adam and Eve were the first two persons created on the Earth. What was the genotype of Adam? What about his wife Eve?

Is it not possible for evolution to have taken place and still taking place in the types of genotype we have? Here, I don't mean the evolution that says human beings, gorillas and chimpanzees are brothers!

So, let's be careful! Don't let us rush into conclusion based on the present medical theories.

The man could still be the father of the child with the status quo.

3 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by ogawisdom(m): 5:58pm On May 12, 2015
Demichaels:
My friend's 10 year Marriage is about to collapse.

His, my friend's genotype is AA and his wife's genotype is AS but their 4 year old daughter has been confirmed to have SS genotype by not less than 4 different medical experts. He confronted the wife and accused her of infidelity but she vehemently denied having any affair with another man. In other to prove her wrong, my friend subjected the little girl to a paternity test and there he got the shock of his life - the result showed he actually is the father of the girl. At first he accused the doctor of compromise because he is their family doctor and somehow relates to the wife. He then decided to go to another hospital to prove the paternity of the girl child there and then he got another shocker - the first result was actually correct. As It stands, my friend has consulted more than five other doctors outside the state of his residence and all Confirmed that the girl's genotype is SS and he actually is the father of the child despite his and the wife's genotype being as stated above. Even the doctor's are confused by the results as it negate conventional medical norm.

My question now is, experts in the house, is there anything that can lead to such unconventional biological flaw? Under what condition can AS and AA couple have an SS child? Can mutation lead to such condition? My friend insists on divorce because he doesn't believe the wife. Should he go ahead based on what we all know about genotype?

Please I need matured advice on this. This is a REAL LIFE SITUATION AND NO FICTION. I WOULD HAVE MENTIONED NAMES AND ADDRESS OF THE COUPLE BUT I DON'T HAVE THEIR PERMISSION YET. THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT HERE IN PORT HARCOURT OLD GRA WE'RE LIVING

D only possibility here ws dt d woman was impregnated by her AS
EX boyfriend. It is impossible for u with AA to b responsible for her pregnancy except u r AS. D chance of AA n AS marriage producing SS is Zero. If u had difficulties trying to conceive then its more likely ur wife tried to b smart n got bursted undecided forgive her wen she confesses its nt easy to wait to conceive after 6yrs

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by spoilerx: 6:25pm On May 12, 2015
maybe the wife slept with his brother
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Datanet: 6:26pm On May 12, 2015
I think the information as presented is correct and the Man is indeed the Father. Mendel law is not always right and i can prove it.

Take the case of my family for example. My Father is AS, my Mother is AS. they both have four kids. All four of us have genotype AS, AS, AS, AS. None of us is AA and neither do we have an SS in the family. Medically, that is impossible.

We have conducted test in Government Hospitals and Private Hospitals as well as in the UK. Any time we work out of the hospital, we leave the Doctors scratching their heads because they have not seen this case before. No Doctor has yet explained our rare case to us.

My 2 cents.

4 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 6:30pm On May 12, 2015
cao:

His actions will have consequences, if his wife is indeed telling the truth, he's too quick to push the divorce button, the DNA tests have given him fact, but he still doesn't want to believe.

I even mentioned that in my post, it really isn't hard to read...Since he is a doubting Thomas, then he should ask for further tests, if he has brothers then he should bring them forward, if his father is still alive he can even bring him forward...he might as well, since he doesn't trust his wife. Let him keep tarnishing his image to his wife and child. And if after all of this proves his wife's fidelity, his reputation will forever be tarnished to his wife. Let's hope he's not treating the child differently 'cause that will also tarnish his reputation with his child.

Reputation only matters to people that are insecure...
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by cao(f): 6:38pm On May 12, 2015
GodMode:

Reputation only matters to people that are insecure...

Story. He does not trust his wife and at the end of the day, if he's found to be wrong and/or AS/AC, then his wife will certainly no longer trust him. His reputation will be tarnished due to his own insecurities.

2 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 6:44pm On May 12, 2015
cao:

Story. He does not trust his wife and at the end of the day, if he's found to be wrong and/or AS/AC, then his wife will certainly no longer trust him. His reputation will be tarnished due to his own insecurities.

You're seeing this from your own opinion..

Women and men have been cheating for thousands of years...

Been divorced is not a bad thing...

Reputation does not matter... Because no one cares..

they'll move on with their lives..
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by a2personal2013: 6:46pm On May 12, 2015
You are wrong here. You got the laws twisted. The law is just a ratio. Your parents kids could either be AA, AS or SS. It could come in any ratio. All 4 kids could be AA, AS or SS. But in the case being deliberated, its possible AC or SC are being misdiagnosed here.

I'd advice that they go to PAT-CARE where we could be more comfortable with result.

Lastly, where was the paternity test done ? So many questions here that makes me doubt the details of the write up. Either way, the investigations should all be repeated with a seasoned Laboratory where trusted results can be obtained.

I once had a similar scenario where the husband is my friend and this picture occurred. I spoke with the wife who confided in me that she had an affair out of wedlock. Anyway, I never discussed it with the husband whom is very close to me knowing that he will find out someday. I do hope your friend is not the same friend I have.

Datanet:
I think the information as presented is correct and the Man is indeed the Father. Mendel law is not always right and i can prove it.

Take the case of my family for example. My Father is AS, my Mother is AS. they both have four kids. All four of us have genotype AS, AS, AS, AS. None of us is AA and neither do we have an SS in the family. Medically, that is impossible.

We have conducted test in Government Hospitals and Private Hospitals as well as in the UK. Any time we work out of the hospital, we leave the Doctors scratching their heads because they have not seen this case before. No Doctor has yet explained our rare case to us.

My 2 cents.

4 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by cao(f): 6:48pm On May 12, 2015
GodMode:

You're seeing this from your own opinion..

Women and men have been cheating for thousands of years...

Been divorced is not a bad thing...

Reputation does not matter... Because no one cares..

they'll move on with their lives..
That's why it's my opinion, just like you're seeing it through yours. It is your opinion that the man will not/does not care about the outcome, it is my opinion that the man is bulldozing the trust his wife has for him.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by AXYZ: 6:50pm On May 12, 2015
Oahray:
probable SS child? Probable girl? I feel like giving you a slap from here to kick-start your brain.

Una no even dey take time dey scrutinize a so called testimony before believing. No wonder dem dey use una head anyhow.

i have not seen but only heard bro. you never say never afterall.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by AXYZ: 6:52pm On May 12, 2015
pbs4real:
so God wil change an AA child to SS?dnt fink xo our God is nt a wicked God. .
the reverse is almost always the case bro--dont really know.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by GodMode: 6:53pm On May 12, 2015
cao:

That's why it's my opinion, just like you're seeing it through yours. It is your opinion that the man will not/does not care about the outcome, it is my opinion that the man is bulldozing the trust his wife has for him.

Okay.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Lordave: 6:55pm On May 12, 2015
Dozzmani:

If u say because a certain AS guy owns d child,its just as if u have concluded that the wife cheated,and if that's d case here,y are u here to seek for our opinion?
Check again, it's not me
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by STEVENcrack(m): 6:56pm On May 12, 2015
Trust me, the problem is from the man not the woman..he is either AS or SS.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by oshotemi19: 7:14pm On May 12, 2015
OP, your friend's experience is not far from the truth. My family is also a victim of such. My father and mum were Aa and As respectively but unfortunately, their second child happens to be Ss. All other offsprings of the marriage are Aa and As. However, Medicine was unable to decipher what actually went wrong about the irregularity. God is the perfect medicine/scientist. I will advice your friend to embrace his wife and daughter. He should move on,,,,,...

2 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by ggrin(f): 7:16pm On May 12, 2015
KingTom:
Ketekete Oshi! Ode ni e, Kabuki ni e! Opolobaby! Opolo oshi ni e! Ode ido, o ra dodo ni ido, o je dodo ni ido, o wa fi owo dodo pa omo oni dodo ni idodo! angry angry
e pain amu tongue gringringrin
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by tpiadotcom: 7:18pm On May 12, 2015
pek:
Something that has a.0001 chance of happening will happen.

You're into murphy's law?

This is not it though
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by galantjoe(m): 7:28pm On May 12, 2015
may the woman cheated with her husband immediate family like husband brother or cousin. Paternity test is like correlation express in percentage. although there is no 100% except identical twins. let ur friend check the correlation rate of paternity test carefully and critical. something is wrong somewhere. 1+1 is always 2. no two ways about it.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by DrAify(f): 7:39pm On May 12, 2015
I am here now wink

There are 2 alpha and 2 beta globin chains - the pair, and there is a normal way the chains are supposed to be structured.
The error happens when a protein substitution occurs in any one of these chains - but particularly in the globin chains.These errors of substitution are called "THALASSAEMIAS". In reality, a substitution will occur at any point along either the alpha or beta chains.This is a case of Thalasaemia and that is if the Genotype and Paternity test were done properly
pbs4real:
lemme call draify. . Oya wre u @?

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by simdam500(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2015
Not possible but it can happen...

The couple should check themselves well, not just well but a well doctor lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by DrImprover: 8:46pm On May 12, 2015
In situations like this, both parents need to confirm their haemoglobin genotype. A faux passe might have been made in calling the parents either AA or AS. For this they need Haemoglobin electrophoresis to genuinely confirm their genotype. Also for furher clarification, they need a blood grouping test done. Blood grouping can tell if one is not the father but not otherwise

...... I op d info was helpful
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by eprynce(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2015
tpiadotcom:

only if a spiritual husband practiced unsafe sex, or else if the child was procured from a baby farm.

In addition, there's a blood type called AC which also passes on sickle cell (SC).

http://sicklecellna.org/faq.html

Your friend needs to visit the link provided and then inquire further from there
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by funkyfrevy(f): 9:01pm On May 12, 2015
cipslim:
@Op
I have heard about this situation before, Its really strange.
Similar situation happen to another family, They are in the United States now.
After testing the child in Nigeria and the result comfirms SS in 3 different Hospitals. The Parent took the child for further test abroad and found out that their daughter is neither AA, AS or SS. There are some other rear genotype, I can't remember exactly what her genotype is... but if your so called friend can researched other genotype and ask more foreign expert about it.
Please don't quote me wrong, I am not saying the Doctors or tests are wrong, I am just telling on what I have heard before in the past.

Cheers
u are very correct cos my elder brother is AC. Very rare. It was confirmed in d uk in 1991. My parents are both AA.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by DrImprover: 9:15pm On May 12, 2015
Datanet:

My 2 cents.

I guess the doctor's u've been to are not experienced in deciphering the mendel's law. The cross linking for sickle cell is expressed in terms of probability as a percentage. Meaning if two AS/ AS copulate, there is a 25% probability of having AA, a 50% probability of having AS and 25% for SS which applies to every pregnancy. Looking at the probability AS seems more likely. I.e both parents have a 50% chance of having AS for every pregnancy which is more than 25% for AA or SS.

I op d info was helpful
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by DisGuy: 9:17pm On May 12, 2015
so the DNA/ paternity test proves the Man is the father of the baby...

How the mother/woman must be feeling by now...with everyone pointing to her as the culprit!!

If I'm the one I will divorce the man after full checks Abroad...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lady Who Survived Breast Cancer Shares Shirtless Photo / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents / Abuja Law School Student Slumps And Dies On New Year’s Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.