Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:24 AM

Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu (12363 Views)

Apply For Season 3 Of The Free Jireh Vegetable Training / Free On Farm Vegetable Practical Training For Farm Managers. / Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:48pm On May 11, 2015
The month of May Fruits and Vegetable practical training for farmers and intending farmers started on the 4th of May 2015 in Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA.

1 Like

Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:52pm On May 11, 2015
Some trainee resumed on Sunday the 3rd of May while others came in days afterwards. Its been an exciting experience. More updates and pictures coming
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Fhemmmy: 12:38pm On May 12, 2015
Let me take a chair, light my candle to read well with orange juice in my hand....
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Kalusam(m): 8:40pm On May 12, 2015
Training the participants on Farm planing and effective management, Agribusiness Management.

Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Soloxam(m): 8:49pm On May 12, 2015
Kalusam:
Training the participants on Farm planing and effective management, Agribusiness Management.
Nice one.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 8:53pm On May 12, 2015
Fhemmmy:
Let me take a chair, light my candle to read well with orange juice in my hand....
lol.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On May 12, 2015
jethro2:

lol.

Cant wait to see pix and do some e-learning
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 10:38pm On May 12, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Cant wait to see pix and do some e-learning
Lots and lots of learning and pictures. So unfortunate network has not been that favourable. But will try to do some justice
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 10:44pm On May 12, 2015
First day was introduction, familiarity network e. t.c
We have trainee from Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin and to my amazement some trainees from Anambra and Delta.
One of our trainee who could not later meet up due to circumstances travelled from Benin.
Now i believe if given the oppourtunity and the back up our Nigerians are hard workers.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:00pm On May 12, 2015
Training proper begins by the second day starting with our Nursery making.
40% of expected yield from our vegetable planting can be achieved through good and proper management starting from the nursery.
Most farmers use broadcasting methods of making nursery.
Some of the disadvantaged of broadcasting method is that
1. Vegetables competes for the nutrients that is available
2. The strongest broods tramples on the weaklings in the struggle for sunlight and water
3. The germination rates are greatly reduced
This methods is also referred to as survival of thr fittest.
New methods of vegetable nursery making was introduced.
Each trainee now has the mandates to prrepare their own nursery beds for diferent vegetables.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:16pm On May 12, 2015
Last week training pictures will be uploaded as soon as the network allows. We hope to get that across tomorrow by Gods grace

1 Like

Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Fhemmmy: 1:29am On May 13, 2015
jethro2:

Lots and lots of learning and pictures. So unfortunate network has not been that favourable. But will try to do some justice

Dancing already and eyes are itchy
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by korede101(m): 12:56pm On May 13, 2015
jethro2:
Last week training pictures will be uploaded as soon as the network allows.
We hope to get that across tomorrow by Gods grace

This is the pictures of some of the nursery. And the cucumber staking. Still in progress. Later its time for group staking.

Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Fhemmmy: 1:19pm On May 13, 2015
Nigeria for sure is on the brink of change . . . Youth and women ready to farm and not just suit and tie . . .

1 Like

Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by korede101(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2015
Yesterday staking and mulching with my collegues for cucumber and the other pics been for transplanting.

Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Fhemmmy: 3:29pm On May 14, 2015
Awesome
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 3:59pm On May 14, 2015
practical on farm training .
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jayoverus: 4:10pm On May 14, 2015
Hello Jhetro... Your thread on "Tomato Marketing and Trading" has actually got me to register on Nairaland for the first time in years although I have always been the non-participatory type. I read that thread from page 1 to 19 and stumbled upon this one when I was searching for a more recent/active thread as with regard to the training.

I am currently a poultry farmer with a keen interest on breaking my phobia/barrier on vegetable/crop farming. Please keep us updated on the forth coming training as you are guaranteed to have a candidate from Rivers State for subsequent trainings.

Lastly, I hope students will get to meet you during the training sessions because for me, that is priceless. Kind Regards

1 Like

Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by adelekeniola(m): 7:43pm On May 14, 2015
Pls, post article papers, document for. the training.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Pavore9: 9:01pm On May 14, 2015
Love seeing our youths getting so engaged.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Drogbotel(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2015
OMG! didn't hear this before now. I really wish to be there. pls try to update me if there'll be any coming up soon.OMG! didn't hear this before now. I really wish to be there. pls try to update me if there'll be any coming up soon.OMG! didn't hear this before now. I really wish to be there. pls try to update me if there'll be any coming up soon.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:04pm On May 14, 2015
I have been battling with uploading the training pictures from my side. I guess i may have to leave it for the trainee to do justice to that at their leisure.
Will still find a way to post later
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:12pm On May 14, 2015
jayoverus:
Hello Jhetro... Your thread on "Tomato Marketing and Trading" has actually got me to register on Nairaland for the first time in years although I have always been the non-participatory type. I read that thread from page 1 to 19 and stumbled upon this one when I was searching for a more recent/active thread as with regard to the training.
I am currently a poultry farmer with a keen interest on breaking my phobia/barrier on vegetable/crop farming. Please keep us updated on the forth coming training as you are guaranteed to have a candidate from Rivers State for subsequent trainings.
Lastly, I hope students will get to meet you during the training sessions because for me, that is priceless. Kind Regards
I am glad you are motivated by the tomato thread.
We are rounding up the second week for the one month training. Hopefully next training has been schedule for the month of July. Precisely first week of July.
We will be looking forward to meeting you at the training.
By Gods grace I will be fully on around for the training period to interact with students.
You are highly welcome
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:16pm On May 14, 2015
adelekeniola:
Pls, post article papers, document for. the training.
Most of what we do is practical. Infact almost 90% practical.
We believe seeing is believing
We can only speak to you in pictures which we already have numerous collections.We will find a way to post them batch by batch
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:17pm On May 14, 2015
Pavore9:
Love seeing our youths getting so engaged.
Time for us to take the lead
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:18pm On May 14, 2015
Fhemmmy:
Awesome
Thank you
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:19pm On May 14, 2015
Drogbotel:
OMG! didn't hear this before now. I really wish to be there. pls try to update me if there'll be any coming up soon.OMG! didn't hear this before now. I really wish to be there. pls try to update me if there'll be any coming up soon.OMG! didn't hear this before now. I really wish to be there. pls try to update me if there'll be any coming up soon.
The next training has been scheduled for July. Resumption is first week of July.
Thank you
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 11:55pm On May 14, 2015
During the first week of the training we prepared nursery for
1. Tomatoes
2. Sweet Pepper (Yellow and green variety)
3. Cabbage
4. Onion
Each students were given guidelines to prepare their own nursery for the above mentioned vegetables.

As a group we sow radish on 2 beds.

The first tomato nursery we made was pretty good. It came out fine. The rate of germination was good
The Onions also survive and was doing fine but the cabbage were superb.
hmnnn.
Wish i can post the pictures as i writes.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by jethro2: 12:06am On May 15, 2015
And then begins the series of attack by ants.
Our sweet pepper are not spared at all.
Each time we re plant its always destroyed by ants.
They suck the inside and leave the carcass. Not funny.
We re plant adding ashes to the seeds because the general believe is that ashes are repellants to ants.
Did the sweet pepper survive?
hmbnnnnnn
Capital No.
What else could we use??
Some suggest we locate the sweet pepper nursery in another area.
hmnnnnn
Imagine you were only able to secure a plot of land.
How do you move from place to place?
Yet we need to nurse our sweet pepper regardless of ants?
So what do we do?
Find out tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by kazy01(m): 3:48am On May 15, 2015
hi
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by sheyi86: 6:33am On May 15, 2015
@jethro,May God bless u ma, pls can i come 2 u 4 d training anytime i'm chanced coz i wl quit my casual job by middle of august.thanks.
Re: Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu by Fhemmmy: 11:48am On May 15, 2015
Following the thread bumper to bumper.... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pig Farming Equipment / Become A Successful Online Agric Merchant / FG Launches Startup Nigeria To Promote Agribusiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.