Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 (34509 Views)

Pictures From The Boat Regatta Held For Lagos@50 / Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 12, 2015
jaybee3:

Na back pain ooooo my sista. you know see as their bobby just full like kilode!
Okay grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 12, 2015
Not too bad but the participants population is too small.Our population in Trinidad is a mere 1.3 million but for Carnival the streets are crazy and filled to the brim especially with Foreigners.Lagos has at least 15 million folks they should be capitalizing on that population.

I think Lagos should invest more heavily into Carnival as it brings in valuable foreign currencies once it reach a certain level of exposure especially as they want to go into Tourism.

Perhaps they should let a Brazilian or Caribbean person institute some changes to bring it up to par to the ones in Brazil and the Caribbean.More work need to be done on the costume making but again not bad.They can learn costume making from us but not adopt the naked style our Carnival has progressed to.Introducing Carnival for the little children is a nice idea also..we call it Kiddies Carnival here btw grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 12, 2015
obailala:
..But seriously, shouldn't Nigeria be doing a massive parade of masquerades and cultural dances instead of these Caribbean parties?

#JustAsking lipsrsealed

It can be a part of the Carnival also.I like the fact they had Gelede...they just need to improve the costume making and try to incorporate more traditional costumes which would make their Carnival unique to others since it is infused with their respective traditional masquerades and cultural dances .
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by kolajoo(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2015
Me self no carry last grin

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by Queenybliss(f): 8:26pm On May 12, 2015
nice tho ..I cnt wait to join d calabar carnival itz more colourful
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 1:43am On May 13, 2015
The theme of this year's carnival was "Eko For Show". The theme of last year's carnival was "Bringing Brazil Back To Lagos".

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 1:45am On May 13, 2015
Emeralds

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 1:50am On May 13, 2015
Surulere

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 1:52am On May 13, 2015
Ikeja

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 1:55am On May 13, 2015
Ikorodu Itunla

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 2:17am On May 13, 2015
Ilasamaja

Construction workers building the new Wapic headquarters had a great time dancing with the participants. I think their bosses might not like this, so I' m only going to show a back view of one of the workers.

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 2:19am On May 13, 2015
Afri-Caribbeana.

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 2:20am On May 13, 2015
Healers/Orthodox and Traditional Medicine (doctors, nurses, herbalists, etc)

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 2:38am On May 13, 2015
Inside the Tafawa Balewa Square.

The Governor entered the arena on foot as he always does. Crowd control was much better this year (but some spectators did knock down a barrier on the arena floor. It was quickly re-erected by security). I don't know who performed this year, because, as usual, I left the arena early. Past performers have included 9ice, Olamide, Wizkid and M.I.

The carnival is usually a family affair on the streets, but it's usually a teenagers affair in the arena. Teenagers start trooping into the arena from around 5 o'clock.

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by UjSizzle(f): 2:45am On May 13, 2015
Naptu2 you're late for the meeting. Leave NL alone tongue
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 3:23am On May 13, 2015
UjSizzle:
Naptu2 you're late for the meeting. Leave NL alone tongue

grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 3:23am On May 13, 2015
Water regatta

Water regatta has been staged in Lagos for more than a hundred years. Memorable editions include the water regattas staged in the mid-1980s as part of the National Festival of Arts and Culture (NAFEST) and the water regatta that was staged to mark the 25th anniversary of Oba Oyekan's obaship in 1990.

In more recent times, the water regatta has been held on Easter Sunday. However, this year, the water regatta was staged on April 19th, due to the elections.

The regatta features display of colourful boats, boat races, jet ski races, picnics, etc. I took lots of pictures and videos, but unfortunately I can only upload a few pictures.

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by naptu2: 3:58am On May 13, 2015
Children's carnival.

The children's carnival usually starts earlier than the main carnival. It usually kicks off from the National Museum Onikan (while the main carnival kicks off from Giwa Barracks Ikoyi). The children's carnival was not held this year because the carnival had to be moved several times because of the elections and Neco examinations. What I missed the most are the various creative floats that usually accompany the children's carnival. Here are pictures of children's carnival floats from the 2012 carnival.

Moving telephone

The dragon

Spidermobile

RRS

Bumblebee

Swan

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 by mployer(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Hosts Emir Of Kano Lamido Sanusi In His Palace In Osun State. Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi Observing Eld Prayers In Ile-Ife / Olori Adebukola Ogunwusi, Wife Of Ooni Of Ife In Stunning Makeup Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.