Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved (12784 Views)

Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo Youth Movement Backs Saraki - (photo) / Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / If You Did Not Get Involved In 80% Of This, You Wasted Your Child Hood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by bilms(m): 2:37pm On Feb 11, 2009
i am interested to be part of this great organization.

i will be back to make my contribution.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2009
So far:

amosexy - Governance and corruption
beneli - health

Please even if you inform by mail take the initiative to also update the list on this thread. People, it is not just joining, sign up for a committee of your interest and get involved. To join post your name on the list in this thread like JJyou just did and email us at ndmnigeria@gmail.com. Do not hesitate to also sign up for a committee by saying so on this thread. This is not just about joining and we have informed that this is not all talk and nothing to show. We have debated these things for too long. Hence people, get involved in a committee because a lot of people have shown interest but few are signing up for the committees where the work begins. Again, i seem to be repeating a lot of the stuff that i have said in previous posts so just read up on explanations if you need more clarity.

Steps:

A - Add your name to the list on this thread
B - email us at ndmnigeria@gmail.com
C - Join a committee

Simple as ABC
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by bilms(m): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2009
what are the commitees that are available?
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2009
bilms:

what are the commitees that are available?

Sky Blue:

Ok, topics/sectors have been chosen as the final topics to address at the general conference on Sunday 15th February. This does not mean more sectors cannot be formed but for now the finalised topics are going to be the main sectors and hence committees are going to be formed around the chosen finalised areas. Each committee has a coordinator. Again, this is necessary for maintaining organisation and these things are not permanent. Committees have dedicated chat rooms on the forum dedicated to this movement. This means that after the conference on Sunday the committees can becomes more independent and feel free to book their own meeting times and chat and contribute in the chat rooms dedicated to them. The topics and committees at this moment are therefore:

1 Education - Coordinator B.O.S.S
2 Special Projects - Coordinator Bhola
3 Governance and corruption - Coordinator Sky Blue
4 Awareness, Image Laundering and Media - Coordinator Sam Milla
5 Health - Coordinator proudly9ja

People are adviced to sign up for committees they are interested in and keep in mind that this is just a start. A serious awareness campaign is in place to raise publicity for the vision much beyond the scope of Nairaland and the internet so please, spread the word. People are free to join more than one committee but are adviced to be dedicated to one committee at any one time. The whole point is to have an integrated system with interdependent committees or groups which are focused on more specific goals and the much larger goal of positive change and impact. This system means committees are focused but can still gain from the larger group through collaboration between committees when necessary. If you join more than one committee it would probably mean more work so get involved and contrinute what you can and take on what you can handle.

The goals and strategies of each committee will be made clearer after the conference on Sunday. So the task now is signing up to committees and hence booking your place in the relevant chat rooms for Sunday. People can't just turn up until they are registered and registration is approved so please understand that you need to signify or notify that you are coming for this conference. Hence, interested people should just notify through posting what committee or area they are interested in now. It is not a permanent placement and people are free to move around but are adviced to sign up where they can contribute most effectively. The minutes and agendas as well as work going on, progress reports, what is being achieved, etc will be posted on the dedicated site and probably here to keep people informed about what is happening in all areas. Now it is up to you, sign up and be counted. Again, this goes for every single person interested in joining hands to work towards a better Nigeria and invitations will always be open. We have talked, now it is time to stand and be counted. Where can you contribute?

PS if your name is not added to the list please notify by adding it to the list or email sincwe this means you have taken the initiamtive and want to join. It would be amazing to have a lot more people but what is sought is people who want to be a part of this and not people who have to be begged. Hence please take the initiative, copy the list of names and add your name as the next number and post cos no one will do it for you. Thanks

Get Involved - the first step is sending an email to ndm and someone will get back to you (ndmnigeria@gmail.com)

Please read previous posts
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by bilms(m): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2009

My Name is Abdulrazaq Oyebanji Hamzat, i am willing to join the organization and i am very interested in joining the Commitee of Governance and corruption.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Moves: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2009
1) jensinmi
2)pixiraver
3)Kenezi
4)Charlesmud
5)latox
6)Naijex
7)youngies
coolproudly9ja
9)Busy body
10)amosexy
11)ajadrage
12)agaba123
13)innocentoh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)beneli
17)ohaechesi
18)Sky Blue
19)cvibe
20)Honeric01
21)Bhola
22)Sam Milla
23)brein
24)fe32
25)Zangief
26)jjyou
27)Moves
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Moves: 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2009
would like to join the education committee
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2009
Moves:

would like to join the education committee

Moves, I'll love to work with you. Could you pelase send an email to ndmnigeria@gmail.com and I'll get back to you? We're holding a conference on Sunday the 16th Feb at 6pm. This is just to officially announce our birth to the people and who we are as well as what we represent.

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by lawyer(m): 6:03pm On Feb 11, 2009
Which commitee wants to toast me to tap my brain, lol! grin
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2009
lawyer:

Which commitee wants to toast me to tap my brain, lol! grin

LOL. Sorry to dissappoint you but this is not about that at all. This is a selfless service, the rewards would be hopefully seeing a better Nigeria and being involved in the work and fight towards progress. Hence, if you are only considering joining for "toasting" or kola nut or "peppersuyaing" then maybe you might like to reconsider. If you are in it to join hands and get proactive in moving the nation forward then we could use your contribution.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2009
Brein - my interest is on EDUCATION @ B.O.S.S i guess this procedures seem streinous to some interested candidates, are these steps to ensure their vocal and comprehensive participation in NDM or what ?? In that case i gues u guys 'ld need to take ur time to better explain to those who are not yet carried along 4 a beta undastanding. @pixiraver, i havent had from u 4 quite a while. @skyblue, Has the NDM website bin created yet? I recall someone whose ready 4 the hosting et al, Am just a call to ur reminder since i fall in the EDUCATION sphere of the topics to be discussed.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2009
The need to partner with several government parastatals who will as well fine interest should also be of utmost consideration, as this will help boost certain objectives and decision. What about laying an agenda throuh, to help PASS A BILL based on our focus come 2011 elections in the house of reps. Am i thinking too wild at this early stage of NDM?? Lol! Its just an idea. Pls do not hesitate to drop / contribute whatever idea, suggestions u got to enable the NDM Board propagate a well furnished abstract come sunday 15th Feb. 2009 by 6pm 9ja time.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ Brein

Meeting is at 6pm UK time.  grin
7pm Naija time.

Could you please get at me on my email on my profile as well? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2009
Come to think of it. NDM would be not only a free fair Movement but also a gigantic and great impact to Nigerians, if only u could picture it from mine own point of view. And this could be achievable if a STRONG SOLID 4SQUARE Capable Board or Board of Trustees /commitee as u may call it, is set to hold and pioneer the affairs of Nigeria Development Movement (NDM) and display a vivid and practical example Of good leadership. I must encourage u guys up there to keep faith. We Would Have a Better Nigeria, (God willing). YES, WE WOULD.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ B.O.S.S ok, thanks 4 the time reminder grin am sendin u a mail.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2009
brein:

Brein - my interest is on EDUCATION @ B.O.S.S i guess this procedures seem streinous to some interested candidates, are these steps to ensure their vocal and comprehensive participation in NDM or what ?? In that case i gues u guys 'ld need to take ur time to better explain to those who are not yet carried along 4 a beta undastanding. @pixiraver, i havent had from u 4 quite a while. @skyblue, Has the NDM website bin created yet? I recall someone whose ready 4 the hosting et al, Am just a call to ur reminder since i fall in the EDUCATION sphere of the topics to be discussed.

Brein, have a little more confidence in the ongoing work behind the scenes. We have been meeting everyday since saturday and working to ensure organisation of even the smallest details. Their is a dedicate forum for this movement already. However the forum serves as a "workspace" for members of the movement. This means that although it has a web address, you can't view the details of the forum unless you are a member. Membership is through approval hence the whole email procedure. This is not to be "exclusive", but to create a more focused environment for committees and the group to operate. Hence it has no joke section or romance section, etc. It is a workspace dedicated to the work of the movement. Meetings are held in chatrooms on the forum and different committees have their own sections and chat rooms as well as general ones, to post rogress reports, meeting minutes, agendas, strategies etc, as well as a section for ongoing projects.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by PapaBrowne(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2009
I'm very impressed with the progress and also the zeal exhibited so far! Very impressive!
Wonderful job!!

I'm in!!!

I would love to join the Education and Special projects committee!

I believe we can make things happen.

@B.O.S.S
Thanks big for the compliment on page one.

Wow, there are already a hundred and something members on facebook??WOOOOW!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2009
@skyblue, i quite agree with ur plight and that there is a web address, but has it bee lunched yet ? Et al,
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Bhola(f): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2009
Wow Brein. This is the type of excitement we need. Yes there will be a website and much more.

Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 10:30pm On Feb 11, 2009
brein:

@skyblue, i quite agree with ur plight and that there is a web address, but has it bee lunched yet ? Et al,

LOL, the forum is not an issue, we had a meeting there today : ). The forum is where the conference is going to be held. Again, everyone should please sign up for committees if they have not already done so. And please, help us spread the word in anyway you can.

Get Involved.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2009
PapaBrowne:

I'm very impressed with the progress and also the zeal exhibited so far! Very impressive!
Wonderful job!!

I'm in!!!

I would love to join the Education and Special projects committee!

I believe we can make things happen.

@B.O.S.S
Thanks big for the compliment on page one.

Wow, there are already a hundred and something members on facebook??WOOOOW!!!!!!!

you know the deal, add your name to the list on this thread too. People abeg read through posts so there is no need for repeats, LOL.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ Skyblue, i guess i should be on the campaign train for change in Nigeria, would u nominate me the pioneer? Lol lol. Is there a way of merging the 1st thread on this topic with this one for d benefit of new comers to read tru.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ Papabrowne

Please add your name to the list or send an mail to ndmnigeria@gmail.com. We wouldn't like Nairaland to think we have alterior motive for this project hence the means developed so far.

It'll be cool to have a joint collaboration on the education sector. We just want to mobilise our citizens and hey, there's power in numbers. Our facebook group is still going strong and bearing in mind that we only started adding people two days ago, I must say we've not done badly either. Our tenacity would definitely not fail us.

[center]NDM - Get Involved[/center]
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SamMilla1(m): 12:24am On Feb 12, 2009
We all witness what have been going on in our country since we gained Independence from the British. We have witnessed military men rule us to doom, then changed their clothes to look like civilians and continued where they stopped. We have seen Greedy politicians push our money overseas, bought houses here and there and killed innocent people just to protect their selfish interests.
Should we fold our hands and keep hoping that things will be better one day when our politicians made it clear in more ways than once, that all they care about is money?
The greatest threat facing our generation is that we are afraid to tell the leaders what they are doing wrong.
What they do is that after they finish their tenure according to the constitution they engineered by themselves, they hand over power to whoever they chose to continue their evil against humanity.
If a great Nation like Nigeria with abundant human and natural resources cannot feed her children, what are the hopes of the smaller Nations that has no resources?

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze us, they're supposed to help us discover who we are and what we can do or become.

We accept the verdict of the past until the need for change cries out loudly enough to force upon us a choice between the comforts of further inertia and the irksomeness of action.
Its time to take the action. Not violently or politically but to have enough Nigerians that can someday match up to the Govt house and tell them we are fed up with their policies.

I know that so many Nigerians, Millions of us, rate the government below average. Why is that?
The bigger question is ''Why dont i do something about it'' ?
The much bigger question is '' how can i do something about it'' or what can i do about it''

Fellow Nigerians, i tell you this '' If you and i keep watching from the sidelines, and keep making noises on the papers and internet without creating a force that can effect these changes, These changes will not come''

We will all live in poverty caused by bad Governance from greedy politicians.
I have never seen a power outage in Europe since i came here.
I have never opened my tap without hot water and cold water coming out of it.
I have never seen a pothole in the middle of the road.

Do we have to allow people who cannot correctly identify the locations of our states on the map to rule us like cattles?

If you answer '' NO'' to the above question, send -i want to be involved- to ndmnigeria@gmail.com.
Someone will get to you as soon as possible.
Remember :
WE MUST NOT LET GO OF OUR DREAMS.
IF WE HAVE DETERMINATIONS AND BELIEF IN OUR DREAMS,
WE WILL SUCCEED IN SPITE OF OUR DESIRES TO LET GO, sam milla
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by PapaBrowne(m): 12:51am On Feb 12, 2009
1) jensinmi
2)pixiraver
3)Kenezi
4)Charlesmud
5)latox
6)Naijex
7)youngies
coolproudly9ja
9)Busy body
10)amosexy
11)ajadrage
12)agaba123
13)innocentoh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)beneli
17)ohaechesi
18)Sky Blue
19)cvibe
20)Honeric01
21)Bhola
22)Sam Milla
23)brein
24)fe32
25)Zangief
26)jjyou
27)Moves
28)PAPABrowne
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 6:17am On Feb 12, 2009
People signing on from nairaland should please notify on the email what their naiaraland id is please. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by boladez(m): 6:39am On Feb 12, 2009
Im all in, mail sent.

LONG LIVE NIGERIAN DEVELOPMENT MOVEMENT AND THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 6:44am On Feb 12, 2009
boladez:

Im all in, mail sent.

LONG LIVE NIGERIAN DEVELOPMENT MOVEMENT AND THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steps:

A - Add name to the list on this thread
B - email us at ndmnigeria@gmail.com
C - Join a committee

Simple as ABC
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 9:29am On Feb 12, 2009
Steps:

A - Add name to the list on this thread
B - Bless us with your email at ndmnigeria@gmail.com
C - Confirm any committee of interest on our form

Now that's simple as ABC

Plus facebook is still going strong. Approaching 200. We can only say thanks to you all. If you haven't confirmed your interest yet, please do. No idea is too small and no idea is a foolish idea.

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by proudly9ja(m): 11:11am On Feb 12, 2009
HEALTH

To say there are good hospitals in Nigeria is almost like saying there is constant power supply! They just dont exist. It is sad that in the 21st century, many people in Nigera still suffer from diseases that have long been forgotten in the advanced world. Malaria, Diarhea, Cholera, the list is endless. Our people do not only ack access to basic health facilities, we are also so prone to contacting these diseases due to our sad and deplorable living conditions. Things are so bad that even the President of the Nation cannot be treated at home and has to fly abroad for treatment. While the rich and affluent go abroad to be treated, the average Nigerian is left to his fate to die in the hands of quack doctors and self medication. It is so bad now that people no longer die because diseases are incurable, they die because they cannot afford the drugs. A visit to a Nigerian people will open our eyes to see people dying or suffering from diseases that can be cured with as little as 1000naira (4 pounds, 8USD!).

It is one of the so many reasons why the Nigerian Development Movement has decided to have Health as one of its focal points. The health of the citizens of a Nation is as important as the wealth of that Nation. A people of sound body, will have sound mind and then be able to think clearly. Our aim is not only to see ways of making suggestions to govt on how the heath sector can be improved, but also seeking ways of helping as many people. You will be surprised how many lives can be saved by digging one borehole here and another there, in villages and local communities. You will also be surprised at how many lives can be saved by volunteering in hospitals (for medical doctors). The movement is also open to suggestions on ways to contribute and seriosuly affect the Nigerian Health sector. As always, continue to post your suggestions on this thread and sign up on ndmnigeria@gmail.com if you are interested in joining the Health group or any other available group. It should be noted, this is a movement. We are not prepared to make too much noise, the aim is to do as much as we can, your support is needed.

Let it be known, that we may not be able to build thousands of hospitals, we may not be able to raise the standard of living of the average Nigerian, we may not be able to give out free drugs to the Nigerian on the street, but I assure you, WE WILL DO OUR BEST!

Nigeria Develeopment Movement - Get involved
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by bilms(m): 11:16am On Feb 12, 2009
is the conference holding just meant for the commite on education or all the committe on the organization.

where is the conference holding?

I will like to add one more note.

i think we should like create an awareness in all the 36 states of Nigeria. trying to allow free anf flow of information

just like the politicl parties. from there we can extend to both town and villages.

and i think all should be in the plab from start tp avaoid unnecesary distraction as we goforward
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by kaygee1234: 11:21am On Feb 12, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. / Professionals Bombing Oil Installations – Buhari / Obasanjo Didn't Succeed With 3rd Term, Buhari Will Also Fail - Ozekhome

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68