Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved (12786 Views)

Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo Youth Movement Backs Saraki - (photo) / Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / If You Did Not Get Involved In 80% Of This, You Wasted Your Child Hood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2009
Eziachi:

Admire your faith in prayers but all prayers must be realistic before you expect an answer, as you will be wasting your time praying for an ocean in the middle of Sahara desert. We all knew what Nigerian problem is and how we can instantly solve or at least halve it, but we had continued to ignore it, asking for divine help instead and forming meaningless development movements to no avail.

Nigeria is a country of nations that are too much apart in everything you can think of. Horribly divided and loved to hate each other and this elements formed the foundation of Nigeria, that you cannot lay your hand on anything positive in our past history to go back on as the basis for a change.
Americans will positivelyand often invokes their founding fathers when things are bad. Can we do the same? when our own founding fathers are the ones that laid the seed of what the children are reaping today.

I have said this, time without numbers that, you cannot use a similar method all the time and expect a different outcome.
Nigeria is too big, divided and different to exist as a unitary state as obtained today,  even though they still blindly calls themselves a federation.

For a start, we had to revisit Aburi or Addis Ababa accord- Nigeria should be confederated into Arewa, Biafra, Delta and Oduduwa.
And let each confederate unit figure out the type of govt and life they wish to live. The type of economy they will like to pursue. Let us then have a Nigerian Union of these four confederate nations.

Some have argued that it's the same people dominating Nigeria today that will take over their confederate states.
Maybe yes, but let each group now be a burden on their own people and let their own people figure out how to deal with their own leaders without the usual accusation of tribalism injected in between that had allowed rogues to get away for the past 50 years.
If one of the confederate states managed to breaks from the norm and make progress, it might be what others needed to kick them on their backside to start competing.
But today, what we got is collective failure.
There is nothing that bring the best in man and progress than competition for success.

Please, I know this is a free forum for everyone but can we try to stay on topic and if people want to have serious "debates" such can open a thread for that. Permit me to be frank and I hope you don't take offence but you aren't genuinely stating anything new. I don't know you or what you are doing so I would just have to assume that you are trying to do something for your cause if not I am sorry but I don't really see what I am supposed to respect if it yet again ammounts to nothing but having ideals without having the courage to fight for them. Nairaland is full of people with good command of the English language who can write amazing speeches and make seemingly "enlightned" and "quotable" statements. Unfortunately such things don't magically take human form and solve the problems if not coupled with genuine effort on our path that goes beyond yet another "social commentary".

Anyone can have "ideals", thats good and nice but of what real substance are such when they are not even deemed worth working for? People who have signed up for this movement want to do something to impact postively in the lives of the people in Nigeria and such is not compulsory. You mentioned America and brought up the issue of Americans being able to draw from the strength of their founding fathers while ignoring the fact that present day America is made up of mostly immigrants, so what founding fathers do you speak of and who did those founding fathers have to draw "strength" and encouragement from? I hope you don't feel like I am attacking you but I just don't want this thread to be derailed because we are trying to do something here, all are welcome and we could use your help to work towards changing what we can in the country, but again if you are not interested that is fine, its not compulsory. We are working towards improving the lives of the people in the country called Nigeria. If you are actually fighting towards your ideals you are so willing to inform us about and are actually going beyond mere commentary then good luck.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Eziachi is this a plot to make serious and concentrated persons deviate from Focus and Attention or what?? If u're not interested why not shut your trap, please, lipsrsealed @B.O.S.S and @Sam Milla u both tend to adore the exagirations of Eziachi, why? Pls leave dat dude alone with his crap bulletin and lets concentrate on Nigerian Development Movement (NDM) - Get involved.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Sam milla, u equested a mail from me u forgot to lend me your email add, ?? Since am a part of your commitee.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Sam milla, u equested a mail from me u forgot to lend me your email add, ?? Since am a part of your commitee.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by gilgee(m): 10:32pm On Feb 13, 2009
1)Jensen
2)percussive
3)Keens
4)Charlesmud
5)LaTeX
6)Nix
7)Young's
coolproudly9Jae
9)Busy body
10)Ampex
11)acreage
12)Agata123
13)innocent oh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)Bernelle
17)hatches
18)Sky Blue
19)cube
20)Homeric01
21)Bola
22)Sam Millay
23)Brien
24)Fe32
25)Sanger
26)juju
27)Moves
28)PAPABrowne
29)superb
30) Oink
31)abdurrazaq
32)gongo aso
33) Gilgee

Hello people,
Have always had this Idea, but haven't been bold enough to share it with others just like you guys are doing here.
I am so glad to be a part of this, we are sure gonna impart changes if we all work together with one mind and spirit. The impact must be felt!
I love you all!!!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SamMilla1(m): 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2009
brein:

@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 3:35am On Feb 14, 2009
As at the time of this post there are approximately 36 hours to the general conference on Sunday and at present 36 people are registered on the forum and geared for conference on sunday. It must be stated though that not everyone who added their names on the list on this thread have registered. In fact I would say probably not up to 20 people on the list on this thread are registered.

It is preferred that people sign up for committees when they register just to give an indication of what to expect, however such is not essentially compulsory becuse there would be a general meeting and address in the general chat room on Sunday before all disperse to their committee chat rooms. Hence people who are not signed up to any committees can make up their minds then.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by youngies(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2009
Damn, I have been relegated to the background just because i went off for a few hours. Sky Blue and BOSS! grin

NDM - Get Involved!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2009
youngies:

Damn, I have been relegated to the background just because i went off for a few hours. Sky Blue and BOSS! grin

NDM - Get Involved!

We couldn't keep waiting for people so things had to be set in motion and you have been off for more than "a few hours", lol. Your contribution is still valuable and i believe an attempt at contacting you was made, a lot of work has been going on behind the scenes and we have been meeting pretty much everyday at length. You can get basically updated by reading through this thread. Glad to know you are still among the living so get involved : )
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by youngies(m): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2009
LOL. . . yes I'm still among the living. I have read the entire thread, kudos to y'all.

I need to be part of the daily meetings, I have also inform Sam that my new account with the NDM forum seem to have been suspended, deleted, banned or something ugly.

My interest is on "Awareness, Image Laundering and Media."

Tommorrow is the day.

Get Involved!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2009
youngies:

LOL. . . yes I'm still among the living. I have read the entire thread, kudos to y'all.

I need to be part of the daily meetings, I have also inform Sam that my new account with the NDM forum seem to have been suspended, deleted, banned or something ugly.

My interest is on "Awareness, Image Laundering and Media."

Tommorrow is the day.

Get Involved!

You weren't banned, if you registered just when the forum went up, we were still trying to iron out the chinks in the system and at a point everyone had to reregister cos of an error, but that was quite a while ago and happened when the forum had only been up for about a day. Reregister and I will approve : )

By the way, I hope you have reliable internet connection.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by youngies(m): 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2009
Aiight boss!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by youngies(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2009
Thanks buddy
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2009
24 hours to conference, so far 43 people registered. Don't forget to register if you haven't already done so.

NDM - Get Involved
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2009
Is this another "ROTFLMAO" Nigeria movement? embarassed
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Bhola(f): 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2009
HF, how about you register, and come find out yourself? Come on in and share with us. We will be glad to have you.

I am sure you have the best interest of Nigeria at heart.

Thanks,

Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2009
Bhola:

HF, how about you register, and come find out yourself? Come on in and share with us. We will be glad to have you.

I am sure you have the best interest of Nigeria at heart.

Thanks,

How am I to register for something I don't know about?

Lord knows if I'm even signing up for a ritual cult.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by bawomolo(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2009
shawap or sign up if you want to. isn't their registration free
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2009
bawomolo:

shawap or sign up if you want to. isn't their registration free
Kiss me where the sun don't shine!

Nigerians sha, them no care what they're signing up for o, as long as the registration is free embarassed
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Bhola(f): 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2009
HF, good question. We do not expect you to register for something you do not know anything about. We have explained what we are doing on the pages of this particular thread. If you go to the health section, we have a write up there too.

Nigerian Development Movement is not about one person or group of people. It is about everyone. The key is action. Less talk and more action. We all know the problems facing Nigeria. We can all write about them all. Now, we want action and that is what the movement is about. It is a peaceful movement. We are not going to fight or resolve into violent. We will do the best we can. We want positive move in Nigeria and we welcome you. We also know, you have your ideas and you will contribute your quota.

Thanks,
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by ajadrage: 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2009
Please, I would rather that serious minded folk disregard and ignore posts made by those who are intent on causing confusion up in here. Lets keep the thread clean and maintain the focus that we share. Do not dignify such posts with response as it merely encourages more replies. This is an appeal, I implore all to hearken to smiley

Lets keep doing what we're doing, okay. This is Naija, what does one expect?
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by honeric01(m): 9:31pm On Feb 14, 2009
We don't have to respond to post diving out of points here,

By the way, It's just less than 24hrs to our first conference meeting,

I'm prepared. PLEASE BEG PHCN FOR ME, so My laptop can be fully charged. grin
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Eziachi: 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2009
beneli:

And your solution is dividing Nigeria into 4 confederating units.

What informs your choice of 4? Why not 6 or 8 or 250?
Are each of the units you've identified homogenous? That is, If ethnic homogeneity is what you seek. If it's not ethnic homogeneity, then what? Even in Biafra, there would be rivalry between the Northern Igbo's and the Southern ones. Or between those who claim to be the true Igbo's and the fringe ones.

And what makes you think that the fundamental problem that have caused Nigeria to fail will not remain within those your confederating units, even if they are able to overcome the problems of inter-ethnic rivalry, because believe me, it will continue to exist.

In Abia State for instance, the Ngwa's believe they've been marginalised by the Northern Abians and the agitation for inclusion could potentially boil over into something else. And yet Abia State is just a mere state-probably a fifth of the Biafra you propose.

Biafra and its scars is a tragedy. A Nigerian tragedy. It's story can fill one with nostalgia of what might have been. But then, we don't know what might have been, because the guns went silent on January 15, 1970 and Biafra ceased to exist. Maybe the dream of it still lingers in the minds of some, and maybe some people bare the scars from that tragic time in our collective history, but people are moving on.  

While we are still together, some people are daring to believe that inspite of our tragic past and the pessimisms of the moment, that we can still salvage a future from the mess called Nigeria. That is what this movement is about-that while we are together, we should demand better from those (from all the ethnic groups in Nigeria) who lord it over us. That is why we have come together, irrespective of our ages, ethnic or religious backgrounds, level of education, country of residence. We have come together because we deserve better.

You see, you and i know that the cause of the problem is not something other than ourselves and our attitudes to development. It has absolutely nothing to do with breaking up into regions.

If we do not change ourselves then even within those confederating nations we would still fail to develop. You see, development is in the mind and that is what we need to change.

For your information:

India at a glance:
31 States
1618 Languages
6400 Castes
6 Religions
29 Major Festivals
1 Country

Nigeria deserves better. So join us, to make it better.

Exactly my point, typical Nigeria, critical another person idea without his own to back it up. My solution may not be the answer and I had never claimed that it is, but what is yours?And let compare and you might even convince me that yours is the best but you got non.

I mentioned 4 confederated units and you don't like it, well what is yours? That is how people make progress. Make a suggestion to be compared with that of others. I used the yardstick of 4 because that is how it was from the the begining of Nigeria 60s. Today they had formed it into 6 units and I don't have problem with that by any shape or form but siddon look, do nothing, say nothing and hopefully gods will the something is not in my language.

And you are invoking Ngwa people! What do you know about Ngwa people? Even brothers of the same parents don't often agree or quarrel but that doesn't mean that they live in each others pocket to show that they love each other. That is why when we reach certain age, we leave our parents nest, get married and form our own nest. You cannot say there will be no Germany, Britain, Italy, France etc and their individual identities just because they got European Union, which is exactly what Nigeria had been doing for the past 50 years thinking that burying peoples identities will bring peace.

People like you had always mistake this fact that the likes of me want a Nigerian formed from individual identities of NATIONS that make up of it, and that is how you will get mutual understanding when you allow people to be themselves in their own perculiar ways, just like the English, Wales, Scots and northern Irish does within the united kingdom.
Just look at, London 2012, the U.K may not present a united football team because both the Scots, Wales, and nothern Irish people don't want anything that will interfer with their independent football associations afterwards.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Eziachi: 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2009
Sam Milla:

As it stands now, i do not subscribe with anybody who proposes division of a country struggling to unite. There is hope. Someone will have to make the hope come true,
@eziachi,
your opinions can bring immiediate solutions to small problems. USA as they are is made up of so many states with different people and different lifestles. So is INDIA- CHINESE.
Europeans are uniting with speed. What do you think is going on,
We are not interested in dividing anything. Infact i am more interested in bringing the whole of Africa together as one nation, (we will still be less than the population of the chinese).
I also believe that you should be thinking towards how to solve the solution at hand instead of bringing in more ideas that is practically impossible. We have enough human and natural resources to sustain all of us if properly managed.
Drown your division ideas and accept the fact that the name of our nation is Nigeria. I am from biafra too but we have different ways of dealing with the problem of Nigeria. We will be better in times to come, far more better if we stick together as a nation

The United state as a nation has no single resemblance to Nigeria or any sort of bearing. U.S is a cosmetic migrant nation formed by the Europeans disaffected migrants, slaves and others. The make up of Nigeria are indigeneous people at their own right who had existed where they are now probabaly thousands of years with their different indentities, culture and way of life and before 1914 almagamation has little or no contact at all with each other and some don't even know the existence of each other before the coming of the Europeans.

So if want them to form a country, it has to be mutual, just like marriage, every Dick and Harry understand why he is there, what he is bringing and what he gets in return. I don't know why people can't understand this simple analogy, thinking otherwise will divide Nigeria and ask how can you divide Nigeria when Nigeria is not in any way united?
If you are in a marriage but live in constant fear of divorce, what is the point of the marriage? You have no relationship at all.

If you want to measure Nigerian structure with other nations, use United Kingdom for instance, it comprise of four different people with their own identities but they had agreed to live as a nation within the United Kingdom under the king/queen of England. But still keep their identities and independent very crucial, that is why all of them had powerful regional powers in Cardiff, Edinburg, Belfast and in England powerful mayors in London, Manchester and Barmingham.

People should get over this morbid fear of Biafra, it just a name coined from its geographical location (bight of Biafra) and had existed before the name Nigeria was even dreamed of. People had no problem calling themselves sons of Oduduwa or having Arewa all over the place but once they hear of Biafra, they get ants inside their pants. Get over it! It's just a name for God's sake!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 10:46am On Feb 15, 2009
At 7pm Nigerian time (6pm UK time, 1pm New York and Canadian Time) people who have registered should please go into the general chat room for a general address. The allocated time for the general address is 30 minutes including question and answers. In order to make meetings effective and efficient please let us endeavour to be concise in our discourse and follow the chat decorums outlined. Each chat room would have its own dynamics depending on coordinators and due to the fact that different topics might require different directions of approach. I don't believe I have to bring up the issue of respect and being courteuous to others. Please let us be on time, at current there are 45 people registered. This thread and others on other sites would be updated to keep people informed, the invitation is always open for people who want to join together with others to go beyond mere discourse and work towards progress and making a positive impact in Nigeria.

NDM - Get Involved
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SamMilla1(m): 10:59am On Feb 15, 2009
@eziachi.

you picked USA, thats smart, what about INDIA AND THE CHINESE.
Formed by immigrants too i guess,

I have said this b4, I refuse to be swayed by your ideals,

Tell me, who is not crying out for marginalization in Nigeria?
The Central bank Governor happens to come from our part of the nation.
The moment it is shifted to the North or west, people like you will start to cry foul as if others are not Nigerians.
Why do you refuse to fall in love with the name Nigeria?

I have questions for you,

how many states do you intend to take along as Biafra?
I guess RIVERS, BAYELSA, DELTA who are not IGBOS ARE INCLUDED,
Because they have oil.
You greedy man. Biafra will be like DUBAI as soon as they have Independence,
Did you hear me say that we are no more interested in division, we are more interested in addition.
That means that if you can convince TOGO and BENIN REP to join us, you will become  hero,
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by bilms(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2009
Lets put God first.

and am sure we will suceed
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Gamine(f): 11:39am On Feb 15, 2009
You guys cant even get your names right. . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by beneli(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2009
ajadrage:

Please, I would rather that serious minded folk disregard and ignore posts made by those who are intent on causing confusion up in here. [b]Lets keep the thread clean and maintain the focus that we share. Do not dignify such posts with response as it merely encourages more replies. [/b]This is an appeal, I implore all to hearken to smiley

Lets keep doing what we're doing, okay. This is Naija, what does one expect?
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by asha80(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2009
I think i have to address some issues here

you picked USA, thats smart,  what about INDIA AND THE CHINESE.
Formed by immigrants too i guess,

If i am not mistaken pakistan and india where the same country under the british until british left them.Why did they have to seperate to form different countries?Was it some kind of referendum that did that?
India is getting there acts together now.Is it because after that referendum the components that make up india decided to believe in india?

China does really practice democracy.People ruling china despite believing in economic and technological success of the nation do not care about peoples feeling on the way they go about it just like stalin of USSR was.

Why do you refuse to fall in love with the name Nigeria?

People need to question what the are falling in love with.

how many states do you intend to take along as Biafra?
I guess RIVERS, BAYELSA, DELTA who are not IGBOS ARE INCLUDED,
Because they have oil.
You greedy man. Biafra will be like DUBAI as soon as they have Independence

I have friends from delta and rivers who call themselves igbo and just because some igbos find themselves in these states DOES NOT make them non igbo.Let us not turn this into they are igbo or not.As for having oil why is nigeria at the moment not dubai since these oil producing area are in nigeria at the moment?

Please anambra has large deposit of oil and gas if not why is orient petroleum building a refinery at nsugbe?Have yo not heard that addax has found the largest onshore oil well at njaba in imo state?All this is to prove that this is not all about oil or no oil.To me oil is even a curse in nigeria and not a blessing.

Did you hear me say that we are no more interested in division, we are more interested in addition.
That means that if you can convince TOGO and BENIN REP to join us, you will become  hero,

Nobody is interested in division as long as people existing in nigeria have collectively decided on how to live in the geographical nigeria.I mean things like quota system,indegenship,real federalism or confederation.

As for addition you are talking about addition we can as well join ghadafi to push for united states of africa.People always refer to EU.Countries that are in EU are their for ECONOMIC REASONS AND ON THEIR OWN TERMS.Why is that norway and switzerland are not in EU?Why is that UK despite being in EU has not yet dropped their pound sterling and started using EURO?
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Naijex: 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2009
)Jensen
2)percussive
3)Keens
4)Charlesmud
5)LaTeX
6)Naijex
7)Young's
coolproudly9Jae
9)Busy body
10)Ampex
11)acreage
12)Agata123
13)innocent oh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)Bernelle
17)hatches
18)Sky Blue
19)cube
20)Homeric01
21)Bola
22)Sam Millay
23)Brien
24)Fe32
25)Sanger
26)juju
27)Moves
28)PAPABrowne
29)superb
30) Oink
31)abdurrazaq
32)gongo aso
33) Gilgee
34)Kola

I recruited Kola and added his name to the list because he not a nairalander
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2009
Naijex:

)Jensen
2)percussive
3)Keens
4)Charlesmud
5)LaTeX
6)Naijex
7)Young's
coolproudly9Jae
9)Busy body
10)Ampex
11)acreage
12)Agata123
13)innocent oh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)Bernelle
17)hatches
18)Sky Blue
19)cube
20)Homeric01
21)Bola
22)Sam Millay
23)Brien
24)Fe32
25)Sanger
26)juju
27)Moves
28)PAPABrowne
29)superb
30) Oink
31)abdurrazaq
32)gongo aso
33) Gilgee
34)Kola

I recruited Kola and added his name to the list because he not a nairalander

just make sure he mails and registers on forum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates / Anxiety As Supreme Court Moves To Sack 5 Governors In Landmark Judgement / Jonathan's Name Has Brought Good-Luck To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.