Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt (1098 Views)

Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt by terzurum5(m): 8:32am On May 12, 2015
Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero for Man City shirt.
AfricanFootball.com has specially learnt that Nigeria starlet Kelechi Iheanacho has turned down a chance to go on loan from top EPL side Manchester City, preferring instead to battle the likes of Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko for a first-team place at City.
An inside source at City told AfricanFootball.com Iheanacho, who has been granted his work permit in the United Kingdom, was given the option to go on loan so as to play regular first-team football and then return to the club a lot more experienced.
But he turned down this chance, insisting he would rather stay back at the club and fight to make the first team.
“He refused to go on loan. He and his representatives have told City he would rather battle the likes of Aguero and Dzeko for a place in the first team,” revealed the source.
“His compatriot, Chidiebere Nwakali, opted for a loan move away to Malaga because his management team believe he has to gain experience outside the club before he could really challenge for a place in the City main team.”
The 18-year-old Iheanacho, who is bound for this month’s FIFA U20 World Cup with Nigeria, was a big hit during City’s pre-season tour of the USA in the summer.
He has fully recovered from injuries to score goals for Manchester City U19 and U21 teams recently.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt by Keavei7: 11:29am On May 16, 2015
Re: Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt by whytepawn1(m): 4:29pm On May 16, 2015
this sounds really foolish.. I think that guy is dreaming.
Re: Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt by seankay(m): 8:27pm On May 16, 2015
Do you mean d nigerian version of aguero "mohammed gambo" ? undecided
Re: Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt by ammyluv2002(f): 11:11pm On May 16, 2015
seankay:
Do you mean d nigerian version of aguero "mohammed gambo" ? undecided
whytepawn1:
It's okay to dream big grin
Re: Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt by seankay(m): 7:34am On May 17, 2015
ammyluv2002:
It's okay to dream big grin
I want the guy to be better than Aguero myself but the hype at the moment is just too much
Re: Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt by terzurum5(m): 10:16pm On May 18, 2015
Calm dawn op
whytepawn1:
The guy knows the stuff he is made of, that is why his work permit was made possible through the special talent.................
Re: Iheanacho Will Battle Aguero For Man City Shirt by kliq(m): 8:03am On May 19, 2015
He should come battle for a place in Keshi's squad first undecided

(1) (Reply)

closed / Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo: Is Brazilian Now World's Best Player? / Meet The Nigerian Who Almost Beat Usain Bolt In Men's 200m In Rio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.