Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,865 members, 7,806,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose (23529 Views)

I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Ekiti Gov Ayo Fayose Replies PDP Chairman Muazu On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by temitopeajayi: 8:51am On May 12, 2015
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, says the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, was not totally committed to the party during the elections, claiming that Mu’azu even had a secret meeting with the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

Fayose said this during a programme on Channels TV titled, View from the Top, on Monday.

He said, “Shortly before my election, he (Mu’azu) was to see me and I waited for him in his house for about five hours and then he came out to say he was sorry and that we should give him space. He said the Yoruba people should give him some space because he was expecting someone who did not want to see any Yoruba man.

“I left his house but kept a tab on him. His house is like a ring road and I came back to find out who had come to see him and the person was Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. That is the truth. When I returned to his house, he told me that I should not be annoyed that it was Tinubu that came to visit him.

“I was worried because the Ekiti election was just five days away and I almost lost my breath.”

Fayose stressed that Mu’azu was not committed to the party as he was often absent when the party needed him the most.

He noted that the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, won the presidential election because Nigeria wanted a change.

He, however, argued that Buhari garnered a majority of the votes in the North because the people of the North felt it was their turn to rule and President Goodluck Jonathan, who is from the South, should not have been in power because the late President Umaru Yar’Adua did not complete his tenure.

Fayose said despite Buhari’s massive northern support, the PDP should have been able to get more than 10 per cent of the total votes cast in Bauchi State.

He wondered why the PDP failed to get up to 10 per cent of the votes in Bauchi State despite the PDP having a sitting governor, a minister and the national chairman as indigenes of the state.

He said, “The day the presidential election held, the chairman was not in the country. On the day the names of our candidates were to be submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission, our chairman was in Lagos, on his way to Singapore.

“I was with President Jonathan on that day and I told him to call him. The President did not know that Mu’azu was in Lagos on his way to Singapore. Even when he travelled recently, he said he had a problem with his left hand and wanted to travel abroad for treatment.

“However, he called some people and told them that he had deceived the President. You must be consistent in character. I am saying everything on camera; let him come out to deny these allegations. I don’t want to be in a PDP where we have betrayers of all sorts.”

While reacting to the Ekiti ‘rigging tape’, Fayose said it was his voice that was recorded on the tape but argued that it was edited in such a way that could mislead Nigerians. He also noted that the then Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, was part of the meeting.

Mu’azu, however, denied ever meeting Tinubu. He further advised Fayose to concentrate on governance and leave him alone.

Mu’azu, who considered Fayose as a younger brother, said he was not interested in exchanging words with him on the pages of newspapers.

The PDP national chairman who spoke through his Special Adviser on Media, Tony Amadi, said, “I will advise Fayose to concentrate on raising the Internally Generated Revenue of Ekiti State so that he can pay workers’ salaries and deliver the dividends of democracy instead of dissipating his energy chasing shadows. Tinubu has never been to the chairman’s office. I don’t know where he got that from.

www.punchng.com/politics/muazu-met-tinubu-before-ekiti-gov-poll-fayose/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Feranchek(m): 8:56am On May 12, 2015
Foolish e-diot. So you knew your fellow party member was scheming against the party and you were busy talking ill of the other party. Shame on you. Your mouth no go stop to run like river benue. No wonder all your siblings are keeping you at arms-lenght. Some don even change their surname cos of your immaturity and mumurism. Pomo head!

BTW, FTC dey sweet oo0o0!!! And I dedicate it to Muazu (Umuazu cheesy) for his supposed role in helping Nigeria cos his help has brought #CHANGE grin

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Nobody: 9:00am On May 12, 2015
Ayo Fayose no get sense.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by lyntiffany(f): 9:04am On May 12, 2015
temitemi1 your wanted here cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Nobody: 9:04am On May 12, 2015
Feranchek:
Foolish e-diot. So you knew your fellow party member was scheming against the party and you were busy talking ill of the other party. Shame on you. Your mouth no go stop to run like river benue. No wonder all your siblings are keeping you at arms-lenght. Some don even change their surname cos of your immaturity and mumurism. Pomo head!

you will look very foolish to believe that junk story from Nigeria media.

how many of them have a name and a means of livelihood that is not traceable to the state government.

who are this his faceless siblings that we dont see on tv but only hear about in print media.

Muazu sold out and that is a fact. this is the first time a PDP party chairman with all the available resources will lose his local govt to an opposition. Fayose is not the only one accusing him, he is the only bold and fearless of them all and i love him for that.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by bruno419(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2015
What d f*u*c*k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by dunkem21(m): 9:06am On May 12, 2015
Another uppercut from MY ROLE MODEL ..I have always maintained that Muazu worked behind the curtains for APC ..

Somebody should give me ONE reason for Muazu to remain chairman of the PDP ..grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Feranchek(m): 9:09am On May 12, 2015
aguiyi:

how many of them have a name and a means of livelihood that is not traceable to the state government.

who are this his faceless siblings that we dont see on tv but only hear about in print media.

Muazu sold out and that is a fact. this is the first time a PDP party chairman with all the available resources will lose his local govt to an opposition. Fayose is not the only one accusing him, he is the only bold and fearless of them all and i love him for that.

Bro, I've got one working in the same company with me. Met him at the bar before the election. His friends were like "lagbaja your brother don come again oo0oo" and he just laughed saying "oni kaluku pelu toun" (all man for himself) I asked a friend of his that I knew very well and he told me bout the dude and Fayose.

5 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Nobody: 9:17am On May 12, 2015
Feranchek:

Bro, I've got one working in the same company with me. Met him at the bar before the election. His friends were like "lagbaja your brother don come again oo0oo" and he just laughed saying "oni kaluku pelu toun" (all man for himself) I asked a friend of his that I knew very well and he told me bout the dude and Fayose.

why are they faceless when making such comments.

cant they show their face on TV lets atleast know that for real what we read about them is true

4 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Feranchek(m): 9:22am On May 12, 2015
aguiyi:

why are they faceless when making such comments.

cant they show their face on TV lets atleast know that for real what we read about them is true

Show their faces on TV?? To what end na??

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Nobody: 9:37am On May 12, 2015
Feranchek:

Show their faces on TV?? To what end na??

FOR THE WORLD TO SEE THAT THEY ARE NOT FACELESS FAMILY MEMBERS.

4 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by dridowu: 9:42am On May 12, 2015
temitemi1 your role modem (model) is here I am enjoying this PDP crisis Just a matter of daz PDP would go into extinction

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by omenka(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2015
Instead of being the opposition to APC, they are an opposition to themselves! grin

I can see the hand of God in all this.

#death to PDP.

#Long live Nigeria.

#Long live APC.

Goodluck APGA. smiley

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by helpee(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2015
Fayose
Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by MarvelJ: 9:57am On May 12, 2015
OP..have you forgotten our dear president Jonadunce also tried so hard to meet the Jagaban?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Bayswater: 10:19am On May 12, 2015
Fayose has spoken the plain truth. Muazu is the incarnate of Judas Iscariot. The betrayal is why some of us are still angry with PDP leaders from a particular section of the country. It beats me why anybody would want to lead a party he/she planned its destruction. Away with Muazu, he has to be disgraced out of office.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by tociano009(m): 10:22am On May 12, 2015
grin
Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Feranchek(m): 10:23am On May 12, 2015
aguiyi:

FOR THE WORLD TO SEE THAT THEY ARE NOT FACELESS FAMILY MEMBERS.

And who cares about that?? Only politicians does things like that for no just cause. A man that has a family to cater for and has a hob he's doing doesn't have time for such spotlight

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Nobody: 10:29am On May 12, 2015
Feranchek:

And who cares about that?? Only politicians does things like that for no just cause. A man that has a family to cater for and has a hob he's doing doesn't have time for such spotlight

yea but have time to criticize the governor again and again in print media only, abeg carry pepe soup gist comot.

Muazu should go to channels and refute fayose claims or invite him to a live debate and presentation of facts.

FAYOSE HAS STREET CREDIBILITY AND THAT IS HIS SELLING POINT.

4 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by tolu4you: 10:37am On May 12, 2015
PDP was sold... thats the fact.... but i wish my governor just keep his mouth shut and face the real business.
Fayose was/is the best governor..

3 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by alrahmanonline(m): 10:48am On May 12, 2015
***Dancing skelewu mixed with azonto, you're wondering why? I'm just celebrating PDP burial in advance... leeeelelewu¶¶

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by zimoni(f): 10:49am On May 12, 2015
Adonbilivit.

2 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by JingoOAU(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2015
Thought he has video or pictorial evidence??

What a moronic governor

1 Like

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by DVanguard: 10:58am On May 12, 2015
aguiyi:

You sound funny, you call the news that don't go down well with you junk. Lets leave that for the gods. (the challenge during his fathers funeral is also junk).
Back to you calling Muazu a sell out, it tell you are not a good man of Nigeria Political History. All elections conducted in Bauchi State except for 2007 Buhari has always won with wide margin. In 2011, GMB did not have the financial muscle and party structure like APC provided him in the last March election, yet GEJ could not score 19% of the total vote. Total vote cast at 2011 presidential election is 1,610,094. CPC scored -1,315,209 while PDP scored - 258,404. while in 2015 Vote Cast - 1,039,775: APC - 931,598, PDP - 86,085, with a better structure how do you expect GEJ to score better with respect to the believe that GEJ is the alleged sponsor terror against their people. The state governor declared curfew, the citizens defiled it and guard the INEC office for 3 days. In 2011 PDP would have lost the governorship election also but due to the election violence, the PDP capitalised on it to clamp down on most of the opposition by arresting them and putting them in the coolers till after the governorship election.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by PassingShot(m): 10:58am On May 12, 2015
The Bauchi state that PDP only managed to get 19% in 2011?

4 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by okooloyun1(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Nobody: 11:03am On May 12, 2015
Ook
Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Nobody: 11:04am On May 12, 2015
Ayodele piter Fayose is ida biting more than he can chew or chewing more than he can bite. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by oluwamile(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2015
hw e take concern u,pay ur workers oga

1 Like

Re: Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose by Tenim47(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara, Atiku, Others Will Soon Return To PDP – Nnaji / Hameed Ali And Saraki Meet Behind Closed Door / 2019: What Did Tinubu See In Buhari That Other Nigerians Don't See?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.