Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,536 members, 7,801,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (42727 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I Told My Hubby To Stop Using My Money.am I Wrong? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 10:45am On May 12, 2015
I needed to travel for one day to write a professional exam, but my husband refused to let me take our two little kids (aged 1yr 4 months and aged 3 months) to my parent's house for my mum to take care of them. He said he would care for them himself. (Note that his mother was out of town if not I would have taken them to her). I wanted to make my mother-in-law aware of the situation so that I won't be accused of abandoning my kids for my career (you know how judgmental naija society can be sometimes). I tried to call my mother-in-law, she didn't pick up, I sent her a text explaining the situation and then proceeded to call her again. I was surprised to see that she was talking to my husband about the issue on the line that I just tried calling her on, but she hadn't called me back. My mother-in-law refused to take my calls cause apparently she's of the opinion that couples should keep everything between themselves. My husband went ahead to take away my copy of the house keys. He locked the doors and said whenever I was ready to go, he will let me out, in order to ensure that I don't come back when he is out, to take his kids to my parents' house. I had already assured him that I wasn't going to take them away but I was opposed to leaving without a key, since it will be very inconveniencing for me to go on such an exhausting journey, return and not have immediate access to the house. (My husband's whereabouts is usually very difficult to discern on account of the nature of his job-politician). Again, I tried to get my mother-in-law to intervene and ask him to let me have one of the keys but she still refused to take my calls. I sent her another text. I was running late so I proceeded to take my husband's wallet which he left in one of the rooms. My intention was to use it as an exchange item so I can get the keys from him.

Unfortunately, this got him very mad and in a bid to get the wallet back from me, he pushed me and I hit the back of my head on a glass table resulting in a head injury as revealed by a CT scan. In all of this, my mother-in-law still refused to take my calls even though she could hear me shouting and crying through the phone (recall my husband was intermittently on the phone with her while the fracas was going on). Since that day, I haven't called her again, and she hasn't called me either. Even when my parents informed her about my head injury via text (since she wasn't taking their calls), she still failed to give me call to find out how badly hurt I was. She has come to our home one day since the incident, I was taking a bath, by the time I was done and came to the living room, she was gone. I don't think she asked after me but I didn't ask my husband whether she did. This is someone I have loved and respected as a mother all this time, we have never ever had even one disagreement. By refusing to get involved, she has effectively destroyed our cordial relationship. I cannot honestly say that I feel like she cares whether I live or die as long as we obey the golden rule of keeping everything between ourselves as a couple.
My issue is, I'm not happy about the fact that we've fallen into the category of MIL and DIL that do not get along. My question is, am I right to feel aggrieved, and am I right to have not made any effort to reach out to her for more than a month now, considering that this means that she has not interacted with her grand children all this time? What would you suggest I do?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by donbenedict(m): 10:50am On May 12, 2015
I suggest u cast ur burdens to Jesus... He said he will giv u rest.

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by obiak4(m): 10:51am On May 12, 2015
IMO FIRST TRY TO WIN YOUR HUSBAND OVER TO YOURSELF AND APOLOGIES TO HER SIKENA

8 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by supremepapey(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2015
Well first of all I must say sorry for all you went through. I think you should respect your MIL position maybe she has her reasons. But please don't try bargaining with your husband on issues by holding on to something of his. Keep trying to your best to ease things with everyone.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by importexpert(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2015
G
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 10:58am On May 12, 2015
seun, we need frustrated section on nairaland, especially in the family section. seems the marriage institution is going to the dustbin.

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by kweenkong(f): 11:02am On May 12, 2015
Yes you are right to feel aggrieved , but i am still at a loss as to why your mother in law reacted that way. you need toanswer some questions.
1) why do you think your husband disagreed with taking the kids to your own parents?
2) Are you sure there is not a deeper rooted issue?

If i were you, i would forgive her but never forget , and when i take stock of my well wishers she will not be included. Would treat like a long distance relative. No unnecessary fraternizing. i greet her ,serve her what i have to offer and disappear into the inner reccess of my room. And honestly you were wrong trying to force your husbands hand by siezing his wallet. That was a direct challenge on is authority. Did you eventually write the exam as scheduled?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 11:28am On May 12, 2015
kweenkong:
Yes you are right to feel aggrieved , but i am still at a loss as to why your mother in law reacted that way. you need toanswer some questions.
1) why do you think your husband disagreed with taking the kids to your own parents?
2) Are you sure there is not a deeper rooted issue?

If i were you, i would forgive her but never forget , and when i take stock of my well wishers she will not be included. Would treat like a long distance relative. No unnecessary fraternizing. i greet her ,serve her what i have to offer and disappear into the inner reccess of my room. And honestly you were wrong trying to force your husbands hand by siezing his wallet. That was a direct challenge on is authority. Did you eventually write the exam as scheduled?

yeah i know i was wrong to have taken my husband's wallet, but i got desperate cos i was at a loss at what to do, my husband was not budging, my MIL wasn't taking my calls, i was trying not to involve my parents cos I know my husband doesn't like my mum and I was really running late. exam was at 7am the next day and it was almost evening and I hadn't left my city. I finally got the the exam city at 1am and was taken straight to the hospital. I was able to do the exam after pleading with the doctors to discharge me from the emergency room that morning. luckily i passed. Thank God

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by thorpido(m): 11:31am On May 12, 2015
I can only say that there are deeper issues between you and your husband and the parents-in-law.What issue does your hubby have with your mum?Was your husband aware of this exam ahead of time and did he support you?
I think there is a communication issue between you and your husband that got escalated.

Next time avoid things that could result in violence.Don't seize his belongings.

15 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Enoquin(f): 11:32am On May 12, 2015
Do you guys have a maid? I am asking because I don't understand your husband saying you could come after he had gone out to pick them up especially as he later seized your keys

Is your husband in support of your professional course?

How was the tone of your text, when narrating to your mother-in-law?
I ask because except it resulted into a fight where you had to narrate, I don't see why you couldn't have sent a 'Mama good evening, I have been trying to reach you. I wanted to know if you were around/in town' as opposed to 'mama, your son doesn't want me to carry the children to my parents'
PLEASE, I am not implying you wrote it that way; but you claimed to have sent a text narrating the whole thing so I am sure your frustration spilled through.

I am also trying to reconcile how things quickly escalated to key seizure and your fall on the table.

Your MIL is not also picking your parents call means something is afoot but while trying to worry about what could possibly be wrong and keeping your distance, I think you should worry more about your home.
Worry about why your husband's reaction was that way even after you had reassured him and why he isn't bothered about the frosty relations between you and his mother

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 11:36am On May 12, 2015
obiak4:
IMO FIRST TRY TO WIN YOUR HUSBAND OVER TO YOURSELF AND APOLOGIES TO HER SIKENA

Thanks for your suggestion, but what exactly should I say I'm sorry about when I apologise? cos i believe you should be sorry about something when you're making an apology otherwise it's just empty words.

when I got back, my husband came up to me, kissed me passionately and gave me a box of new clothes and stuff he ordered from Italy that had just arrived. I told him i was tired of fighting. i guess that's us making up. he has never really told me sorry before so that's as much apology as I can ever expect. i think the only people who haven't made up are my MIL and I.

13 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 11:43am On May 12, 2015
thorpido:
I can only say that there are deeper issues between you and your husband and the parents-in-law.What issue does your hubby have with your mum?Was your husband aware of this exam ahead of time and did he support you?
I think there is a communication issue between you and your husband that got escalated.

Next time avoid things that could result in violence.Don't seize his belongings.

Yes, he was aware of the exam and I reminded him like 4 different times. he knows i'm passionate about my career and I'm very good at it. we weren't talking to each other for a day prior to this event cos I was upset with him for not coming home the night before and not calling to give me a heads up. but we didn't have an argument, we just gave each other the silent treatment and I left his food on the dining table. I guess that's the communication issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by obiak4(m): 11:48am On May 12, 2015
good he has apologised by buying you things just move o but try as much as possible not to let your misunderstandings get to a third party solve your issues before it get to a third party
for your MIL just pay her a surprise visit stay with her and probably tell her you missed her"cool story"
and you are sorry SIKENA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by winetapper: 11:51am On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

Yes, he was aware of the exam and I reminded him like 4 different times. he knows i'm passionate about my career and I'm very good at it. we weren't talking to each other for a day prior to this event cos I was upset with him for not coming home the night before and not calling to give me a heads up. but we didn't have an argument, we just gave each other the silent treatment and I left his food on the dining table. I guess that's the communication issue.
create that bond and understanding between you and ur hobby that would make him not want to see you hurt.. You did it before the marriage you can do it again..!

7 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by thorpido(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2015
It's a good thing your hubby has tried to make up with you.You said he doesn't like your mum.When you and your hubby are loveydovey again,talk to him on the need to get him to develop at least a civil and cordial relationship with her.She's his MIL and by marriage his mother now.

Try to let go of some things in marriage and not try to always prove right.If your hubby said he could take care of the kids,let him.He has the burden to deal with.

Try to find time to visit your MIL(with the kids if possible).She may not be warm towards you initially but seek reconciliation.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 11:55am On May 12, 2015
Enoquin:
Do you guys have a maid? I am asking because I don't understand your husband saying you could come after he had gone out to pick them up especially as he later seized your keys

Is your husband in support of your professional course?

How was the tone of your text, when narrating to your mother-in-law?
I ask because except it resulted into a fight where you had to narrate, I don't see why you couldn't have sent a 'Mama good evening, I have been trying to reach you. I wanted to know if you were around/in town' as opposed to 'mama, your son doesn't want me to carry the children to my parents'
PLEASE, I am not implying you wrote it that way; but you claimed to have sent a text narrating the whole thing so I am sure your frustration spilled through.

I am also trying to reconcile how things quickly escalated to key seizure and your fall on the table.

Your MIL is not also picking your parents call means something is afoot but while trying to worry about what could possibly be wrong and keeping your distance, I think you should worry more about your home.
Worry about why your husband's reaction was that way even after you had reassured him and why he isn't bothered about the frosty relations between you and his mother

Yes, we have a maid. that's why he felt I will come back in his absence to take the kids.

my tone in letting my MIL know was more like the first scenario you put out, i wish i could screen grab it for you to see. i was totally calm cos like I said, I really respect her and i'm pretty easygoing.

It wasn't really key seizure per say, we have a place in the house where we keep all our keys, door, car keys and all. he simply went there and took them away. the wallet and fall on the table were the ones i didn't see coming, it just happened so fast.

my MIL didn't take my parent's calls because she had told them that as a church marriage counsellor, she is of the opinion that couples should keep things between themselves so if they wanted her to interfere in a marriage, she wasn't willing to talk to them.

I'm sure my husband would rather have me have a good relationship with his mother cos he's really close to her but surprisingly, he hasn't brought it up since that day, and I haven't either

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Enoquin(f): 12:22pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

Yes, we have a maid. that's why he felt I will come back in his absence to take the kids.

So, if you really wanted to take the children without his permission, you would have; what then was the intention for the key seizure? Also, why did you insist on having the key since there's a maid that would let you in once you get back? I ask because you wrote that as a politician he kept late hours and you didn't want to come back stressed with no access to the house

my tone in letting my MIL know was more like the first scenario you put out, i wish i could screen grab it for you to see. i was totally calm cos like I said, I really respect her and i'm pretty easygoing.

Good to know, no need to screengrab

It wasn't really key seizure per say, we have a place in the house where we keep all our keys, door, car keys and all. he simply went there and took them away. the wallet and fall on the table were the ones i didn't see coming, it just happened so fast.

I guess you were angry and hot words were exchanged, that's why this part happened pretty fast

my MIL didn't take my parent's calls because she had told them that as a church marriage counsellor, she is of the opinion that couples should keep things between themselves so if they wanted her to interfere in a marriage, she wasn't willing to talk to them.

Even though your MIL has a right to her stance, she was wrong not to out of courtesy pick your parents call especially as she was speaking with your husband and especially since violence occured

I'm sure my husband would rather have me have a good relationship with his mother cos he's really close to her but surprisingly, he hasn't brought it up since that day, and I haven't either

And my worry is still with your hubby. How he reacted after the incidence and his reaction now. If he hasn't brought up the cold relations between you and his mother, bring it up yourself

4 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by bukatyne(f): 12:29pm On May 12, 2015
@OP:

What about your exams?
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Lumpyy(f): 12:31pm On May 12, 2015
Wow....all this is rilly deep.how much force did hubby use dt ur head got smashed?please dnt leave the issue of sleeping out too just cos of the kiss and gifts,u have to address them in a loving way+wat if something tragic had happend?how did he react after seing u wounded?i like that u didnt let all dt happned deter u frm travelling for the test,though i dnt see what u will appologose to MIL for as shes d one in d wrong but if thats what is needed for peace,pls do it!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 12, 2015
[quote author=Enoquin post=33659743][/quote]

we have a maid, but the plan was to take the kids to my parent's house and give the maid the day off. and i expressly made him aware of this. that's another reason not giving me a key didn't make any sense to me. like why would you keep 2 keys while i travel without any? he ended up caring for the kids himself, with the help of his male cousins and his PA that came around. There is no way i'm letting a maid spend the night in my house in my absence. i trust my husband but these girls aint loyal lol

12 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Enoquin(f): 12:46pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

we have a maid, but the plan was to take the kids to my parent's house and give the maid the day off. and i expressly made him aware of this. that's another reason not giving me a key didn't make any sense to me. like why would you keep 2 keys while i travel without any? he ended up caring for the kids himself, with the help of his male cousins and his PA that came around. There is no way i'm letting a maid spend the night in my house in my absence. i trust my husband but these girls aint loyal lol

His PA is male? Lol.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 12, 2015
Lumpyy:
Wow....all this is rilly deep.how much force did hubby use dt ur head got smashed?please dnt leave the issue of sleeping out too just cos of the kiss and gifts,u have to address them in a loving way+wat if something tragic had happend?how did he react after seing u wounded?i like that u didnt let all dt happned deter u frm travelling for the test,though i dnt see what u will appologose to MIL for as shes d one in d wrong but if thats what is needed for peace,pls do it!

for the staying out all night, I've come to accept that it comes with the nature of what he has chosen to do for a living. all i can do is trust him and pray. all i've asked is that he let's me know at night, when he realises that he won't be coming home. at least for my peace of mind. so far he hasn't done it again so lets hope that he has changed.

as for my MIL apology, somewhere in the back of my mind, I know that's what some ppl will advise me to do but I really don't if I have it in me. I feel like all this time she's been acting so nice to me, like maybe it wan't really genuine?

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 12, 2015
Enoquin:

His PA is male? Lol.

lol yes oh. he is. i have a good man. me no trust them gyals

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by VintageCocktail(m): 12:51pm On May 12, 2015
Women sabi worry. Guy wants to take care of his kids you blew the lid....chaii.
Why not tell him simply that those girls ain't loyal so that he will understand Give your MIL time and don't judge her hastily and harshly.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 12, 2015
bukatyne:
@OP:

What about your exams?

i aced it. i'm so glad. if i had failed, that would have been like the last straw mehn. cos i havn't failed any exam in my life. passing it kind of pacified everything in my heart.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 12, 2015
VintageCocktail:
Women sabi worry. Guy wants to take care of his kids you blew the lid....chaii.
Why not tell him simply that those girls ain't loyal so that he will understand Give your MIL time and don't judge her hastily and harshly.

did you see that one of the kids was a 3 month old? for someone who has barely changed a diaper since she was born, the motherly instinct in me was like hell no!! how can i leave her with you. (i didn't say it like that oh, just saying what was going through my head)

7 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by bukatyne(f): 1:05pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

i aced it. i'm so glad. if i had failed, that would have been like the last straw mehn. cos i havn't failed any exam in my life. passing it kind of pacified everything in my heart.

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by VintageCocktail(m): 1:06pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

did you see that one of the kids was a 3 month old? for someone who has barely changed a diaper since she was born, the motherly instinct in me was like hell no!! how can i leave her with you. (i didn't say it like that oh, just saying what was going through my head)
I didn't know that na.... you have underlying fear. Sorry madam

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Jahblessme: 1:15pm On May 12, 2015
I wonder why you are focusing on your mil?
Your husband is the one who pushed you and you sustained a head injury.

Your husband is the one who locked you out of the house.

Your husband is the one acting like your parents can't care for your children.

You both have issues which are deeper than you are letting on and I feel the focus on mil is a way to deflect.Take care to discuss with hubby that getting physical is something you will not accept! You too be careful what you do.

Your husband and his mother have huge plans for your kids,with you in the picture or not.You are not even allowed to make decisions on the care of your own children.Locking out of house And you are busy focusing on MIL

You'd best start sorting this out before the river will swallow you.
You are the woman of the house,better solidify your position there.You can ignore or patch up with MIL later,your choice.Of course you will be forced to say sorry for something you aren't guilty of,forced to say sorry for her disrespecting your parents too.That's the naija method...total humiliation.

What did your parents do that they are not allowed to care for their own grandkidsThey will be cut off very soon unless you stand up for them and refuse to allow this nonsense.Abi they are not as rich as your hubby and therefore underlings??

Good luck,you will need it!!

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 12, 2015
Jahblessme:
I wonder why you are focusing on your mil?
Your husband is the one who pushed you and you sustained a head injury.

Your husband is the one who locked you out of the house.

Your husband is the one acting like your parents can't care for your children.

You both have issues which are deeper than you are letting on and I feel the focus on mil is a way to deflect.Take care to discuss with hubby that getting physical is something you will not accept! You too be careful what you do.

Your husband and his mother have huge plans for your kids,with you in the picture or not.You are not even allowed to make decisions on the care of your own children.Locking out of house And you are busy focusing on MIL

You'd best start sorting this out before the river will swallow you.
You are the woman of the house,better solidify your position there.You can ignore or patch up with MIL later,your choice.Of course you will be forced to say sorry for something you aren't guilty of,forced to say sorry for her disrespecting your parents too.That's the naija method...total humiliation.

What did your parents do that they are not allowed to care for their own grandkidsThey will be cut off very soon unless you stand up for them and refuse to allow this nonsense.Abi they are not as rich as your hubby and therefore underlings??

Good luck,you will need it!!

Thanks, I love your no nonsense approach, you've given me a lot to think about. my husband and his family are packing when it comes to the money aspect. I guess that's why there is a tendency to try to trample on the rights of people who are not so fortunate. (my parents are not paupers though, but compared to my inlaws, there's a big diff). I was really upset at my husband but I guess it was easier to forgive him cos of the bond we have between each other. (we were like so in love when we got married). I guess it's easier to forgive him cos I can point out at least one thing i did wrong (the wallet thing). but for my MIL, I can't seem to fathom out why she treated me that way. It's almost as if she was willing to let me miss my exam (an exam i have been preparing for, for like ages), let my husband maim me, all for the sake of keeping up her marriage counsellor principles of non-interference. i guess that's why its harder to forgive her

4 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Jahblessme: 1:50pm On May 12, 2015
I understand what you mean my dear..but believe me when I say that if you fix things in your home front,then your husband will be able to coax /bring your MIL in order or at least shield you.

Its unfortunate your parents are being treated this way, its up to you to address the anomaly.Excess money or lack of it isn't what determines how a person should be treated.Integrity and self respect matter most.

Why I'm interested in your parents is because I see a point where their time with your kids will be limited or disappear completely for no just cause.You sef may become cut off from them.

The best thing to do is address the pushing and the parents issue first.You can discuss about MIL with your husband but I doubt it will do any good cos she has already by her inaction shown that whether you are dying or not she doesn't care..all in the name of not interfering.

I don't know why she's done this but at least its clear to you how she feels about you.A cordial relationship can follow,you can forgive as that's what's expected but never forget that when the chips are down,you will be the loser.

Good luck!! I'm glad you aced your exams.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

Thanks, I love your no nonsense approach, you've given me a lot to think about. my husband and his family are packing when it comes to the money aspect. I guess that's why there is a tendency to try to trample on the rights of people who are not so fortunate. (my parents are not paupers though, but compared to my inlaws, there's a big diff). I was really upset at my husband but I guess it was easier to forgive him cos of the bond we have between each other. (we were like so in love when we got married). I guess it's easier to forgive him cos I can point out at least one thing i did wrong (the wallet thing). but for my MIL, I can't seem to fathom out why she treated me that way. It's almost as if she was willing to let me miss my exam (an exam i have been preparing for, for like ages), let my husband maim me, all for the sake of keeping up her marriage counsellor principles of non-interference. i guess that's why its harder to forgive her

She was already interfering when she took your husband's call and listend to just his own side of the story. So she was on the phone with him all through and heard him beating you up? was she the one advising him to do that

True you have a bond with your husband, but you have neglected to realize that she has an even greater bond with him . . . that of a mother and child. Only truly unique MIL's will choose their DIL's over their sons. And that can only happen when she is very sure you are the best thing that happened to her son.

You, on the other hand, (for reasons I still can't understand) have refused to protect your own mother. Why on earth does your husband 'not like' your mother? And you allowed that to fester Do you support his resentment towards your own mother?

I know people with money tend to be over-bearing, but c'mon, this is your own mother.

If your in-laws cannot trust your own children with your own mother, then something is definitely wrong. And your husband gave you a head injury and his mother still didn't care

Lady you are in for more troubles than you even realize. SMH!

46 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bird Escorts Bereaved Man Directly To His Mum's Grave At A Cemetery (video) / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? / Man Dumps Wife, Marries Policewoman Who Assisted Him In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.