Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser (28389 Views)

Share Your Data Usage Screenshot Let's See Who Has Used The Most Data / Top 10 Best Android Web Browsers / 7 Best Android Web Browser 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 13, 2015
That's a screenshot of it

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by kinem(m): 10:46pm On May 13, 2015
UCmini the best in everything. Tested & Trusted

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by afuye(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2015
Sex blog! Yeah... I'm a big fan of it. Are you ?
Ochiske:

I can see sex as a quick URL grin grin
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Oahray: 10:56pm On May 13, 2015
Kemizee:
UC Mini Browser is arguably the best at this.works as a charm and the flashfunction is suspended and therefore all ads are automatically disabled which compresses data a lot.Try it.U can never go wrong with it!!
lol. I so pray. If I didn't have several browsers, I might have been tempted to believe this. It's not for nothing I use opera mini for surfing, it doesn't even support pop-up adds or flash or gifs (they are converted to jpg). The latest version is practically a data saver machine.

Ucmini has the advantage of speed and the inbuilt video player though.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Don33(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2015
Try UC mini browser ,I bet u won't go back to opera mini again .
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 13, 2015
Yea.And there aren't many browsers that have that function.It's very important esp for Android Users as our data reading is unlike the Blackberry.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by LoveDecay(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2015
In this case there are actually two things to consider power consumption and then data compression . Most of the compression is done on images, white space , etc . But it does not kill scripts like Facebook Twitter ads etc, have not used opera in a while but correct me if I am wrong.

But if u are technically apt get a server and install privoxy,tinyproxy or similar kill the scripts and compress the images, and remove the ads this is the only way to get true data saving and power saving and keep ur business ur business if you know what I mean. grin

If you can't stick to opera, nd this trick is only possible on androids , iOS no , windows no, Ubuntu phone if you have one yes
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Lastanza: 11:04pm On May 13, 2015
Tobilastik:
nothing sucks data than that useless YouTube
itz nt useless but very useless, sucking pipls hard earned data lyk they don't care
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by donhils: 11:10pm On May 13, 2015
Xtracoool:

Their data compression doesn't really affect your download that much. When you request pages, it's preproccessed in their servers before being sent to your fone.

I think uc browser saves best
Uc browser mini or the main UC browser?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by tranxo(m): 11:14pm On May 13, 2015
ifydadiva:
I don't use an android *walks outta thread*
Lol. It would have been better if you ''trekked''
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by cupidhero(m): 11:24pm On May 13, 2015
Operamini is the best when it comes to phones but on a PC operamini is a gluttonous RAM eater.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by lordprosh(m): 11:29pm On May 13, 2015
UCmini does d magic for me..
Supports pause nd resume while downloading... Consumes lil data nd is amazingly fast
Operamini is ok but IF U AR NOT USIN UCMINI den U AR A LEARNER

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by davidugotex(m): 11:33pm On May 13, 2015
How do I check this data usage on my phone? I also use Android.

kombats:
Operamini 4 sure.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:49pm On May 13, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Opera Mini all the way, even though i hardly use it, Why would i wanna save data when i have 20GB data monthly to browse my head out ?
20GB?!.what network? What's it worth? Could it be purchased and used on bb?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by nellyswag(m): 11:49pm On May 13, 2015
Don33:
Try UC mini browser ,I bet u won't go back to opera mini again .

Yes oo i agrew with u. See my data compression experience on ucweb mini. Cant believe it

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by femi4: 12:12am On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:

your device model
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by deltateam: 12:25am On May 14, 2015
Mehn this topic comes in handy. Imagine etisalat dashed me 10mb onto say I recharged #200. I didn't open more than 5 websites and both data wey I use dey form big boy and my #200 just waka like that o. cry

Omo come see as I weak instantly. embarassed
Did I tell you I used the phone's normal browser. Android sucks data like water after being in a desert.

BB is far more economical. I tell you the #200 disappeared within 2 seconds. If it were BB atleast I will have about #170.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Nobody: 12:48am On May 14, 2015
ifydadiva:
I don't use an android *walks outta thread*
Hope you paid for this advert? undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Nobody: 12:50am On May 14, 2015
Ochiske:

I can see sex as a quick URL grin grin
Hehe
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by kimco(m): 12:56am On May 14, 2015
Oahray:
he's right. The new opera mini saves data better. Besides the in-app data savings details, I've tested them both with my data manager, and the new version came out tops.

I don't know why the results are like that but the guy you quoted is right, the new opera sucks data like crazy. I deleted it one time after it took down my weekly bundle in a day. This didn't happen with the older one where I cud choose the image quality. This one hasn't got that option.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by kimco(m): 1:00am On May 14, 2015
Chitumu:
is ok but is not for d poor.

Loool. The ucbrowser MINI is different from ucbrowser bros. And "it's for the poor" lool
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Elxandre(m): 1:29am On May 14, 2015
kimco:

I don't know why the results are like that but the guy you quoted is right, the new opera sucks data like crazy. I deleted it one time after it took down my weekly bundle in a day. This didn't happen with the older one where I cud choose the image quality. This one hasn't got that option.
Simply click on the data savings page to get image quality settings.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by mak82: 3:34am On May 14, 2015
grin[b][/b]opera mini is the best.opera mini is the best.opera mini is the best.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by EUGENE4GOO(m): 4:17am On May 14, 2015
femi4:
Any mini browser eg opera mini, ucweb mini

How you take measure this data usage saving in percent? Is it application installed on your android or data usage in settings. Please I want to know to enable me monitor my own too.please somebody should explain.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by EUGENE4GOO(m): 4:21am On May 14, 2015
Like the one below

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by femi4: 6:13am On May 14, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:

How you take measure this data usage saving in percent? Is it application installed on your android or data usage in settings. Please I want to know to enable me monitor my own too.please somebody should explain.
Its in the browser settings. You ll see something like "data usage"
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by rrotims: 6:28am On May 14, 2015
ROI INTERNET DATA.
Buy MTN data bundle at a cheap affordable price.
* 1G = N1,100
*2GB = N2,200
The data can be used on any device including Android phones, iPhones, tablets, iPads, BB10, lumia phones, modems and routers.
Contacts:
BBM : 33030bda, 53389CA1
Whatsapp: 07068855929, 07053686723
Text message: 07068855929, 07069747980 ( transfer mtn credit to this no or send mtn recharge cards)
All our MTN data bundles have between 27 - 30 days validity. i.e not less than 27days. You can confirm before you buy.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Missonas(f): 6:47am On May 14, 2015
Ok but pls how can u chck ur data usage with mtn.called customer care and was tld to send 2 to 131, the response i got sef dint tell me.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ITbomb(m): 7:09am On May 14, 2015
I prefer to use the beta version of both Opera Mini and Opera browser,
It has more options to save data

To conserve data on UC, Disable Cloud boost and “Preload Page” then change the image quality to “Low”
For more tips on Opera, Click Here
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ThunderTrail(f): 7:14am On May 14, 2015
Another Screenshot from my tab

Opera Mini all the way

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Oahray: 7:20am On May 14, 2015
kimco:

it's not the new opera mini you are talking about then. Select the data savings option, and you'd see where to change image quality.

Don't judge what you don't know bro.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by kombats: 7:25am On May 14, 2015
davidugotex:
How do I check this data usage on my phone? I also use Android.

in ur operamini press the option button=>Help=>Data Usage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare / 5 Unmistakable Signs You Are A Phone Addict... / Samsung Galaxy A33 Vs Samsung A23 Vs Samsung A32 Camera Comparison (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.