Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

How Can I Become Oracle 9i Dba Cert. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Become Oracle 9i Dba Cert. (1231 Views)

[Advice] Please How do I become a Programmer? / Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? / What Kind Of DBA (Database Administrator) Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Become Oracle 9i Dba Cert. by shadoghale(m): 11:48am On Sep 12, 2006
Please I read Bus Admin and wants to add IT to my Cert. can any one help me in Oracle DBA, I have a computer and some Oracle ebooks but can't afford "en-ai-ai-Tee"!, send any assistant to me at luckyoghale@yahoo.com (eBooks, Software, advice, any thing etc) I will appreciate. Thanks
Re: How Can I Become Oracle 9i Dba Cert. by sbucareer(f): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2006

It would be ok to assume that you are ok with programming or at least script language. What to do to becoming Oracle DBA coming from Business Administration are:

1. Learn SQL (Structured Query Language)
2. Because it is Oracle learn PL/SQL
3. Learn database design and development, which includes normalizing database.
4. Install Oracle databas 10g and practice a lot
5. Register to yahoo or any popular forum for Oracle certification past question and test.
6. Since it is an investment into your life buy some online certification test exams and books (Recommendation, ebay, amazon and etc)
7. If money is not an issue try and join a none virtual community i.e. school or lessons.

When you finish get a job as a database assistance and start from there. Within two years you can become fully Oracle DBA. Good luck
Re: How Can I Become Oracle 9i Dba Cert. by Panache(m): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2006
In addition to Sbucareer's suggestion, I will suggest that you download Linux or any other version of Unix and install your oracle on it, that way you won't end up as a Windows DBA.
Re: How Can I Become Oracle 9i Dba Cert. by shadoghale(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2006
Thanks sbucareer, Panache,, I appreciate you guys' effort and thanks to Nairaland too. But I have Oracle 9i installed in my system, I had planned to purchase a multi-media self training CD on Oracle 9i b4 moving up to 10g. Someone said that most Nigerian Cos have not upgraded yet, What do you guys Think
Re: How Can I Become Oracle 9i Dba Cert. by Panache(m): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2006
Even in the US, some companies are still on 8i, the only probem is that Oracle usually give them a time frame to migrate to the new version otherwise they stop supporting them.
Re: How Can I Become Oracle 9i Dba Cert. by samo(m): 2:47am On Sep 27, 2006
Hello shadoghale, you may check this school out they offer training on the latest version of Oracle and also give you a job abroad. Pls go to this webpage: http://www.nigeriaglobalpromo.com/infotechschool.htm

(1) (Reply)

Ruby On Rails/javascript App For Learning Japanese Characters / PHP Help: Problem With Database Output Display / Are There No C++ Proogrammers In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.