Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... (26693 Views)

Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers / Travel Tips For First Time Flyers / Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by onuwaje(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2015
njays24:
That's my ancestral home! Warri is not as bad as people think. Whenever I visit I enjoy myself;moreover if you can live in Lagos,why not warri..
Tell dem o. Warri bad make dem go stay north na
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 12, 2015
flickers72:

Bro how have things change, I have left Warri now for 12 years and I'm planning to Visit when Next I visit Nigeria. My mum keep telling me not to come, can I have more up to date info was up with Warri this day. I grew up between Iyara and Ogedegbe..Obire to be precise...

Mate, Lots have changed.... Warri is now sane to some extent... Igbudu has been sanitized, Ekpan youths have been squeezed out. Uvwie boys are all out of the town now or doing something tangible. Little insanity still exist but it's a quiet town now. YOU WELCOME ANYTHING
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by flickers72(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2015
Freemanan:

Mate, Lots have changed.... Warri is now sane to some extent... Igbudu has been sanitized, Ekpan youths have been squeezed out. Uvwie boys are all out of the town now or doing something tangible. Little insanity still exist but it's a quiet town now. YOU WELCOME ANYTHING

Thanks for that bit of info, I miss Hausa Quaters I did attend College of Commerc, same set with AY and loads of others, then I go die was our junior in School...Man I miss Warri die no be small but my mumsie no wan gree make Man enter
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Dominicpupuru(m): 5:51pm On May 12, 2015
if you haven't been to or lived in warri, don't come here with your misconceptions, everything listed here is a misconception, warri is a peaceful city to live in and visit( for first timers) You'll actually laff your belly full as a visitor in warri, so pls Mr Op, stop giving wrong impressions about my home tow
n! Areeeeeeeeeea!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by darlenese(f): 5:52pm On May 12, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Do not go to this part of Warri, namely; Igbudu/Iyara/Merogun/Hausa Quarter...b Dem go thief you leave only ur underwear

Cc: lalasticlala

U can lie cry

1 Like

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by jaz(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2015
it is cos of posts like this that ppl like me wont dare go to warri for anything. see as the donts full everywhere

1 Like

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 12, 2015
flickers72:

Thanks for that bit of info, I miss Hausa Quaters I did attend College of Commerc, same set with AY and loads of others, then I go die was our junior in School...Man I miss Warri die no be small but my mumsie no wan gree make Man enter

Hailings!!!! Mingwo bros!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by flickers72(m): 5:55pm On May 12, 2015
Freemanan:

Hailings!!!! Mingwo bros!!!!
Vren doh,no matter where I dey I still dey represent and the blood still dey there,ogoro no dey jump go back but my own dey jump ohhh
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Kingsasian(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2015
I have been living in warri since I was given birth to, I don't and have not encountered such exaggerations. Lagos is 100 times worse than warri. We have a lot of people including kids who speak good English and none was and has been taking for a JJC. The people of warri are more coordinated than the people from other cities most especially Lagosians and benin. We observe road signs and obey traffic lights unlike the mad drivers of benin. So therefore those negative attributes of warri by celebrities are invalid. I represent Delta Steel Company (DSC) Housing complex, Ovwian, Orhuwhorun in Udu lga.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by tit(f): 5:58pm On May 12, 2015
warri is the best peaceful and progressive city in Nigeria.
with plenty of handsome boys and pretty ladies.
i grew up in the barracks there.
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by flickers72(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2015
tit:
warri is the best peaceful and progressive city in Nigeria.
with plenty of handsome boys and pretty ladies.
i grew up in the barracks there.
Tell them for me,we complete both babe's and guys
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 12, 2015
flickers72:

Vren doh,no matter where I dey I still dey represent and the blood still dey there,ogoro no dey jump go back but my own dey jump ohhh

Lwkmd... These Warri men... Good to have you aboard.... following...
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by LasoulMacuby(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2015
Input:
I won't blame the op for this negative stereotype about the oil rich city of Warri, the blame goes to'I go die' and all the Nigerian comedians for painting Warri as a danger zone.

The most painful is that some of these upcoming comedians haven't been to Warri but they will use it to joke just for their joke to sell.

To the whole world Warri isn't as bad as people and the media made us to believe.
So u mean I go die has never been to warri
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by boix(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2015
Warri is as safe as every other part of nigeria and dangerous like anywhere too don't see why the op painted warri in such a bad light, am commenting from jakpa junction now as usually normal activities are going whoever wants to visit shouldn't take what the op said serious because this things happen every where
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by flickers72(m): 6:01pm On May 12, 2015
Freemanan:

Lwkmd... These Warri men... Good to have you aboard.... following...
Warri is in the blood even if I enter Mars or Jupiter I will still represent,warri made me who I am and will forever be loyal to that town,my solidity nah because I grow up in warri.
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 12, 2015
flickers72:

Warri is in the blood even if I enter Mars or Jupiter I will still represent,warri made me who I am and will forever be loyal to that town,my solidity nah because I grow up in warri.

We loyal... Following your footsteps all the way...
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by IceDude(m): 6:03pm On May 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Wetin I dey find?

warri ko, worry ni undecided
We nor need ofurukpe like u b4. Dey ur lane!
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by flickers72(m): 6:05pm On May 12, 2015
IceDude:
We nor need ofurukpe like u b4. Dey ur lane!
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by mayorkyzo: 6:06pm On May 12, 2015
These negative review about warri is bad...here are some things u need to know from a guy born and bred in waffi.
1-warri is relatively safe and crime free..just some rough slums...
2-for warri we no like fight na mouth we get
3-warri people are friendly
4-we no dey kidnap for warri again...kidnap stories are more rampant in the east and western part of nigeria these days
5-for warri we like enjoyment o nobody get power to fight....
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by flickers72(m): 6:07pm On May 12, 2015
mayorkyzo:
These negative review about warri is bad...here are some things u need to know from a guy born and bred in waffi.
4-we no dey kidnap for warri again...kidnap stories are more rampant in the east and western part of nigeria these days

Bro tell them
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by LKO(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2015
Input:
I won't blame the op for this negative stereotype about the oil rich city of Warri, the blame goes to'I go die' and all the Nigerian comedians for painting Warri as a danger zone.

The most painful is that some of these upcoming comedians haven't been to Warri but they will use it to joke just for their joke to sell.

To the whole world Warri isn't as bad as people and the media made us to believe.

Thank u jare. Most of the commentators so far have not in their lives step their foot in Warri, but u can see their review of the city. Pathetic.

Warri like every other urban city in Nigeria has its challenges ranging from crime in selected parts of the town, filthy environment and touting behaviour from illiterate boys etc, but surely what is being painted about the town is pure falsehood and some simple people take these funny stories as gospel truth.

All we need is visionary leader in the likes of Fashola, Oshiomole etc to put in place the right infrastructure that would make the town a true oil city.

Besides, Shoprite is opening a branch in Warri on Thursday.

Proudly Waffarian.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by flickers72(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2015
LKO:

Thank u jare. Most of the commentators so far have not in their lives step their foot in Warri, but u can see their review of the city. Pathetic.

Warri like every other urban city in Nigeria has its challenges ranging from crime in selected parts of the town, filthy environment and touting behaviour from illiterate boys etc, but surely what is being painted about the town is pure falsehood and some simple people take these funny stories as gospel truth.

All we need is visionary leader in the likes of Fashola, Oshiomole etc to put in place the right infrastructure that would make the town a true oil city.

Besides, Shoprite is opening a branch in Warri on Thursday.

Proudly Waffarian.

How can we get some pictures of Warri on here...I'm missing that place die..I'm seating at the Office on my desk and my head just dey vex...I want to trek from Effurun roundabout to Iyara when I come no showing off, no speaking of big grammer
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by dsylvo(m): 6:11pm On May 12, 2015
Area..... Warri nor dey carry last. Kpatakpata na bracket first.
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Kingsasian(m): 6:11pm On May 12, 2015
mayorkyzo:
your teeth complete jare.
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by ccchris(m): 6:12pm On May 12, 2015
Warri isn't as bad as the Op. Portrayed it,i sch in pti warri,i can tell u,i prefer warri more to lag where I stay...op #whoUhelp
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by flickers72(m): 6:13pm On May 12, 2015
ccchris:
Warri isn't as bad as the Op. Portrayed it,i sch in pti warri,i can tell u,i prefer warri more to lag where I stay...op #whoUhelp

Nah wah, I left PTI 1994 gone are those days when PTI be PTI eh

1 Like

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Dekatron(m): 6:25pm On May 12, 2015
If i can survive at lasgidi, i will survive at warri

waferians self know that lasgidi is the HQ as FP is NL'S HQ
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by dennismukoro(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2015
warri nah d best place to stay. leave @okere grin grin grin grin of wafarians i greet u nairalandically
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 12, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Do not go to this part of Warri, namely; Igbudu/Iyara/Merogun/Hausa Quarter...b Dem go thief you leave only ur underwear

Cc: lalasticlala

gringrin
especially iyara and Hausa quarter...enerhen junction na another wahala place... Lol I miss warri

1 Like

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by dennismukoro(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2015
wrong dem go do u take.
Dekatron:
If i can survive at lasgidi, i will survive at warri

waferians self know that lasgidi is the HQ as FP is NL'S HQ
Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by olokpa11(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2015
Quite unfair the way u guys paint warri, cos it's one of the most peaceful towns eva,so Pls stop all these lies about enerhen junction and stuff, and Pls want to correct a very big lie here, WARRI PPLE DON'T LIVE LIFE IN A HURRY. I would pick warri over any other city.

1 Like

Re: 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 12, 2015
dennismukoro:
warri nah d best place to stay. leave @okere grin grin grin grin of wafarians i greet u nairalandically

Lol you Dun too listen to oga richi of Crown FM...
abeg me too follow greet all of ona warrilistically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

La Campagne Tropicana - What's Your Experience? / Pictures Of Most Haunted Places In The World / 20 Dead As Dams Burst In Bahia, Brazil As Region Hit By Floods(photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.