Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away (4842 Views)

Beautiful Sister Of Socrates Uduk Passes Out From National Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by adebayour26: 11:05pm On May 12, 2015
Guinness World Records has learnt with great sadness of the passing of Isobel Varley, world record holder for Most tattooed senior citizen (female), who died yesterday at the age of 78. An iconic figure within the body modification
community, Isobel had an incredible 93 per cent of her body covered with tattoos. Born in Yorkshire (UK) before eventually moving to the south of England as a youngster, Isobel was surprisingly something of a latecomer to body art, having had her first tattoo when she was in her late 40s.

A visit to a tattoo convention at London’s Hammersmith Palais in 1986 saw her go under the needle for the first time, kicking off an obsession which saw her have an incredible 200 pieces of body art inked over a ten-year period. During that time Isobel estimated she spent over 500 hours having her body decorated. Explaining how her interest in body decorations developed, Isobel said: “Originally, I was only ever going to have one - a small bird - but I fell in love with it, and developed an addiction.' “The only areas not completely tattooed is my face, the soles of my feet my ears and some area on my hands."
A regular at tattoo conventions around the world, she entered her first competition in 1989 "for a tattoo on my back., but that's when I first heard of the "full bodysuit" category" Isobel’s record was confirmed during an appearance on Italian TV programme Lo Show dei Record, back in April 2009. The clip below shows an appearance Isobel made on UK TV show Guinness World Records back in 1999 when just 72 per cent of her body was covered in tattoos.

Despite her numerous pieces of body decoration, Isobel drew the line at having her face completely tattooed. 'I want people to be able to see what I look like,' she explained. Isobel’s death was confirmed on her Facebook
page yesterday by her family, who have invited followers to share their experiences and photographs with her on the page as a tribute.

Copyright: guinnessworldrecord.com

Cc: dejt4u
lalasticlala
himkers
drniyi
Ben1975, nairalife, egopersomified, Seun, farano, rokiatu, Collinchini, FlirtyKaren, pearlO, loomer, pinkiedearie, may01, gbaghan, adesegun121, megpita, akonibobo, davidgodwin

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by mhizpeaarl(f): 11:14pm On May 12, 2015
And the tattoos passed on too.. Rip mama
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 12, 2015
Rest in tattoo grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by akunjohn(m): 11:48pm On May 12, 2015
Shey na pesin be dis abi na evil spirit?

Well,rest in peace...

U go don dey tell baba God say na u do ur bodi like dat as u no like how him give u beta skin b4.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by loomer: 7:07am On May 13, 2015
adebayour26:
Guinness World Records has learnt with great sadness of the passing of Isobel Varley, world record holder for Most tattooed senior citizen (female), who died yesterday at the age of 78. An iconic figure within the body modification
community, Isobel had an incredible 93 per cent of her body covered with tattoos. Born in Yorkshire (UK) before eventually moving to the south of England as a youngster, Isobel was surprisingly something of a latecomer to body art, having had her first tattoo when she was in her late 40s.

A visit to a tattoo convention at London’s Hammersmith Palais in 1986 saw her go under the needle for the first time, kicking off an obsession which saw her have an incredible 200 pieces of body art inked over a ten-year period. During that time Isobel estimated she spent over 500 hours having her body decorated. Explaining how her interest in body decorations developed, Isobel said: “Originally, I was only ever going to have one - a small bird - but I fell in love with it, and developed an addiction.' “The only areas not completely tattooed is my face, the soles of my feet my ears and some area on my hands."
A regular at tattoo conventions around the world, she entered her first competition in 1989 "for a tattoo on my back., but that's when I first heard of the "full bodysuit" category" Isobel’s record was confirmed during an appearance on Italian TV programme Lo Show dei Record, back in April 2009. The clip below shows an appearance Isobel made on UK TV show Guinness World Records back in 1999 when just 72 per cent of her body was covered in tattoos.

Despite her numerous pieces of body decoration, Isobel drew the line at having her face completely tattooed. 'I want people to be able to see what I look like,' she explained. Isobel’s death was confirmed on her Facebook
page yesterday by her family, who have invited followers to share their experiences and photographs with her on the page as a tribute.

Copyright: guinnessworldrecord.com

Cc: dejt4u
lalasticlala
himkers
drniyi
Ben1975, nairalife, egopersomified, Seun, farano, rokiatu, Collinchini, FlirtyKaren, pearlO, loomer, pinkiedearie, may01, gbaghan, adesegun121, megpita, akonibobo, davidgodwin

This one na cloth o
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by HKhouseofhello: 7:21am On May 13, 2015
Crazy. Do you know a famous brand of handbag named Toyboy?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by adebayour26: 8:54am On May 13, 2015
HKhouseofhello:
Crazy. Do you know a famous brand of handbag named Toyboy?
Lolz...so u ar insinuating she looks like one.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by adebayour26: 8:56am On May 13, 2015
akunjohn:
Shey na pesin be dis abi na evil spirit?

Well,rest in peace...

U go don dey tell baba God say na u do ur bodi like dat as u no like how him give u beta skin b4.

It's true oooo, is dis how she will look like wen she get to heaven,?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by Nancydearie(f): 9:41am On May 13, 2015
Madness at its peak!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by adebayour26: 11:12am On May 13, 2015
Nancydearie:
Madness at its peak!
I can't imagine d lesson she would teach her children & grandkids
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by peteruuu(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2015
SMH undecided
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by sonikstargirl(f): 10:34pm On May 13, 2015
madness
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by adebayour26: 11:10pm On May 13, 2015
sonikstargirl:
madness
You can say that again grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by OYAY(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2015
Of what advantage is this her tattooed body to her immediate environment? With all these she still die with her body like Ojuju calabar! Yeyenatu. Anyway may her soul R I P tori olorun!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by adebayour26: 3:32pm On May 14, 2015
OYAY:
....... Anyway may her soul R I P tori olorun!

How I wish her Soul will rest indeed??
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by soomie: 6:05am On May 19, 2015
Ajukuti..com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Most Tattooed Female Senior Citizen Passes Away by gbengus26(m): 8:08pm On May 19, 2015
May her soul rest in peace

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Amarachi The Got Talent Winner / Meet Prickasso, The Australian Artist Who Paints With His Dick / Man Tatoos Gone Viral Blue-black Dress On His Hand (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.