Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. (4974 Views)

Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) / If You Are A Genius, Answer This Question! / You Are A Genius If You Have The Solution To This Equation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 12, 2015
This will really make your brain sweat, its for 14 year old students.

Albert and Bernard just met Cheryl. “When’s your birthday?” Albert
asked Cheryl.
Cheryl thought a second and said, “I’m not going to tell you, but I’ll give
you some clues.” She wrote down a list of 10 dates:
May 15, May 16, May 19
June 17, June 18
July 14, July 16
August 14, August 15, August 17
“My birthday is one of these,” she said.
Then Cheryl whispered in Albert’s ear the month — and only the month
of her birthday. To Bernard, she whispered the day, and only the day.
“Can you figure it out now?” she asked Albert.
Albert: I don’t know when your birthday is, but I know Bernard doesn’t
know, either.
Bernard: I didn’t know originally, but now I do.
Albert: Well, now I know, too!
When is Cheryl’s birthday?

1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 11:32pm On May 12, 2015
July 16 undecided
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by subbieD(f): 11:59pm On May 12, 2015
August15
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 5:41am On May 13, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 7:30am On May 13, 2015
VickyRotex:
July 16 undecided
I guess the answer is everywhere.
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 7:31am On May 13, 2015
subbieD:
August15
Nah
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by adexx1(m): 11:05am On May 13, 2015
may 19
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by adexx1(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2015
may 19..d secluded date
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 11:22am On May 13, 2015
shiningme:

I guess the answer is everywhere.

Yes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 11:24am On May 13, 2015
shiningme:

Rs.95 *** 19 Apples
Rs.3 *** 1 Mango
Rs.2 *** 80 Bananas

19+1+80= 100

Total = RS.100.

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 13, 2015
VickyRotex:

Rs.95 *** 19 Apples Rs.3 *** 1 Mango Rs.2 *** 80 Bananas
19+1+80= 100
Total = RS.100.
cheesy grin cheesy
You again? Lol. Be expecting more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 13, 2015
VickyRotex:

Rs.95 *** 19 Apples Rs.3 *** 1 Mango Rs.2 *** 80 Bananas
19+1+80= 100
Total = RS.100.
cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 12:54pm On May 13, 2015
shiningme:

cheesy cheesy Bring it on grin

The 2nd one is quite easy.

Tho, seen it before cheesy

I love such questions. They multitask my brain grin
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 13, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy Bring it on grin
The 2nd one is quite easy.
Tho, seen it before cheesy
k. LOADING.....................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 12:59pm On May 13, 2015
shiningme:

k. LOADING.....................

Kindly mention me when loaded.. smiley
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by ispeaklight(m): 1:03pm On May 13, 2015
shiningme:
This will really make your brain sweat, its for 14 year old students.

Albert and Bernard just met Cheryl. “When’s your birthday?” Albert
asked Cheryl.
Cheryl thought a second and said, “I’m not going to tell you, but I’ll give
you some clues.” She wrote down a list of 10 dates:
May 15, May 16, May 19
June 17, June 18
July 14, July 16
August 14, August 15, August 17
“My birthday is one of these,” she said.
Then Cheryl whispered in Albert’s ear the month — and only the month
of her birthday. To Bernard, she whispered the day, and only the day.
“Can you figure it out now?” she asked Albert.
Albert: I don’t know when your birthday is, but I know Bernard doesn’t
know, either.
Bernard: I didn’t know originally, but now I do.
Albert: Well, now I know, too!
When is Cheryl’s birthday?
Nice question friend, you could also take this question down to www.wasiki.com (Nigerian student online resource website) and make it more interesting.
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 13, 2015
VickyRotex:

Here is it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 5:43pm On May 13, 2015
shiningme:

Here is it.

lol cheesy

Solved something similar

0=0
2=6
4=20
6=42
8=?

0x0+0=0
2x2+2=6
4x4+4=20
6x6+6=42
8x8+8=72

I hope I can apply similar idea to solve this?

1x1x1 (1+1 ) = 2

2x2x2 (8+2) =10

3x3x3 (27+3) =30

4x4x4(64+4) =68

5x5x5(125+5)= 130
smiley undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 6:40am On May 14, 2015
VickyRotex:

lol cheesy

Solved something similar

0=0
2=6
4=20
6=42
8=?

0x0+0=0
2x2+2=6
4x4+4=20
6x6+6=42
8x8+8=72

1x1x1 (1+1 ) = 2

2x2x2 (8+2) =10

3x3x3 (27+3) =30

4x4x4(64+4) =68

5x5x5(125+5)= 130

I'm really impressed. You deserve the "miss nairaland".
How come you have solved everything before? I still know what to give you. cheesy
VickyRotex:

lol cheesy

Solved something similar

0=0
2=6
4=20
6=42
8=?

0x0+0=0
2x2+2=6
4x4+4=20
6x6+6=42
8x8+8=72

1x1x1 (1+1 ) = 2

2x2x2 (8+2) =10

3x3x3 (27+3) =30

4x4x4(64+4) =68

5x5x5(125+5)= 130

How come you have solved everything before? I still know what to give you. lolz

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 8:01am On May 14, 2015
shiningme:

How come you have solved everything before? I still know what to give you. cheesy

How come you have solved everything before? I still know what to give you. lolz

Smiles

I've never solved Number 1 before, I only saw it once, and I dont even understand the explanation given to it. But I know I saw the answer as July 16th. That was why I wrote July 16th, with no further explanation.

The 2nd question, yes I've seen it before, just like I stated earlier on. And it was quite easy, just tasking cheesy

As for the 3rd question, never seen it before, but I've solved something similar, that was why I stated it as an example before answering the question.

And I hope I got it smiley

Thanks, bring it on. But it seems to be getting tougher. angry grin
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 9:34am On May 14, 2015
VickyRotex:

Smiles

I've never solved Number 1 before, I only saw it once, and I dont even understand the explanation given to it. But I know I saw the answer as July 16th. That was why I wrote July 16th, with no further explanation.

The 2nd question, yes I've seen it before, just like I stated earlier on. And it was quite easy, just tasking cheesy

As for the 3rd question, never seen it before, but I've solved something similar, that was why I stated it as an example before answering the question.

All the same, I remain impressed.
Thougher ones LOADING.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by eleko1: 9:47am On May 14, 2015
undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided nah ojoro/expo,micro tintin u use joh.
VickyRotex:

Smiles

2 ge 4 abi sad tongue
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 11:02am On May 14, 2015
shiningme:

All the same, I remain impressed.
Thougher ones LOADING.........

smiley cheesy I'm impressed too.. You seem to be good at tasking people's brain cheesy

Waiting, and I hope I dont dissapoint you smiley

eleko1:
undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided nah ojoro/expo,micro tintin u use joh.2 ge 4 abi sad tongue

2 oge 4 kan kan... embarassed
Eleko1, abeg come, lets solve the next question jare... grin
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by ERCROSS(m): 11:15am On May 14, 2015
VickyRotex:
July 16 undecided

Sis... Sorriey ooo..hw u take knw say na July 16
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by adexx1(m): 11:54am On May 14, 2015
ow is it july 16..?
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 12:41pm On May 14, 2015
ERCROSS:

Sis... Sorriey ooo..hw u take knw say na July 16

I already stated this above.

VickyRotex:

Me sef, no fit explain that one... I guess Shiningme can explain that to us. smiley
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 14, 2015
VickyRotex:

A scientist gathered four math students. They were then lined up so that
each one could see the one in front of them but not behind them. Each
had a hat placed on their head.
So the student in the back could see the hats of the three students in
front, but the student in front could not see any hats.
"There is a red hat, a white hat, a blue hat, and a hat that is a duplicate of one of those
colors," the scientist said.
Starting with the one in the back, each student was asked what color hat they were wearing.
They all gave the correct answer!
What was the arrangement of the hats that made this possible?
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 7:14am On May 15, 2015
shiningme:

A scientist gathered four math students. They were then lined up so that
each one could see the one in front of them but not behind them. Each
had a hat placed on their head.
So the student in the back could see the hats of the three students in
front, but the student in front could not see any hats.
"There is a red hat, a white hat, a blue hat, and a hat that is a duplicate of one of those
Starting with the one in the back, each student was asked what color hat they were wearing.

Wooow. Okay this seems tactical.

Let's assume the duplicate is a blue hat. The 1st and 2nd person, is putting on a blue hat while the 3rd and 4th puts on red and white.

With that the last student will know he/she is putting on a white hat, cos he can see all the students in front, and the 3rd student seeing that the 2 students in front are putting on blue, will automatically know he is putting on a red hat.

Ai je raison? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by Nobody: 9:43am On May 15, 2015
VickyRotex:

Let's assume the duplicate is a blue hat. The 1st and 2nd person, is putting on a blue hat while the 3rd and 4th puts on red and white.

With that the last student will know he/she is putting on a white hat, cos he can see all the students in front, and the 3rd student seeing that the 2 students in front are putting on blue, will automatically know he is putting on a red hat.

Ai je raison? undecided

Most questions I have come across on threads are the type anybody could easily decipher at the very first attempt, but so far, you have impressively untangled the calibre of questions not just anybody could dare.
Nice doing business with you. cheesy
Whenever I come across any tricky puzzle, I would be glad to share with you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by stlaibrowne(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2015
VickyRotex:

Ai je raison? undecided

Actually I disagree with this the puzzle request how was the arrangement to allow the students to name the color of their hat correctly. Starting from the known of course the last person could see all the three on front of him which means he could be the duplicate but can't tell exactly the color but he can tell he's putting on a duplicate of one of the 3
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 11:09am On May 15, 2015
shiningme:

Most questions I have come across on threads are the type anybody could easily decipher at the very first attempt, but so far, you have impressively untangled the calibre of questions not just anybody could dare.
Nice doing business with you. cheesy
Whenever I come across any tricky puzzle, I would be glad to share with you.

smiley Black me blushing cheesy

Nice trying to solve your puzzles aswel. It has helped me to stretch my brain once more...
I
I'd be here whenever you come across any. I hope I dont disappoint you smiley

Cheers
Re: Are You A Genius, Then Answer This Question. by VickyRotex(f): 11:17am On May 15, 2015
stlaibrowne:

Actually I disagree with this the puzzle request how was the arrangement to allow the students to name the color of their hat correctly. Starting from the known of course the last person could see all the three on front of him which means he could be the duplicate but can't tell exactly the color but he can tell he's putting on a duplicate of one of the 3

shiningme:

I disagree with your explanation. Look at the bolded, they were asked "what colour" that means they ought to be specific. What's the use of the puzzle if the 3rd student can't tell the exact colour he/she is putting on, but knows it's a duplicate. The question ain't solved that way. They were meant to be specific. And that's why the real answer is what I've explained earlier on. The 3rd and 4th students knows their colour, cos the two people in front of them are putting on same colour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Secondary School Abeokuta Boyz / Have You Been Jamb(ed) 2-4times? Move To An Open University Www.nou.edu.ng / Snake Swallowed A Full Grown Adult (video /gore)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.