Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? (4813 Views)

Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car / Which Of These Cars Can I Do Away With: Landrover Discovery 04 Or Nissan P 07 / Several Dead As Trailer Crushes Commercial Bus At Ketu, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by Terry1(m): 1:18am On May 13, 2015
Please I need a car expert to tell me which of these cars (Honda Odyssey 2003, Nissan Quest 2004, Madza MVP 2002) is best for commercial use in Nigeria. Please if you do not mind, give break down. Points such as fuel economy etc should be put in consideration.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by DECOtech(m): 9:26am On May 13, 2015
Terry1:
Please I need a car expert to tell me which of these cars (Honda Odyssey 2003, Nissan Quest 2004, Madza MVP 2002) is best for commercial use in Nigeria. Please if you do not mind, give break down. Points such as fuel economy etc should be put in consideration.

Thanks in anticipation.

I see you don't want to look the Toyota Sienna direction.

Of the three options you have in mind, I will prefer the 04 Nissan Quest. My reasons are that it has a more spacious interior than the others and comes with a 3.5L engine that would deliver more power than the other two which comes with 3.0L engines. Although the MPV has the highest ground clearance of the three.

Generally, I see the Nissan as a more rugged ride than the other two. I have used the quest, a friend of mine owns an MPV and another owns an odessy so I know what I'm saying.

Cheers
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by Terry1(m): 10:09am On May 13, 2015
Thanks DECOtech. I appreciate.

So Toyota Sienna is better than all I listed in terms of commercial?

How about fuel consumption? Again in terms of getting Mechanics easily and spare parts? Please throw more light on these if you can. Thanks again
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by Nobody: 10:25am On May 13, 2015
None of the above.

2 Likes

Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by DGD1(m): 9:01pm On May 13, 2015
Terry1:

How about fuel consumption? Again in terms of getting Mechanics easily and spare parts? Please throw more light on these if you can. Thanks again

don't disturb yourself too much, buy a good fairly used sienna and your smile to the bank.
have you ever wondered why from 1999 model even till 2013, they are used for transport, but the car is strong and you know this Nigeria mentality about Toyota.
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by DECOtech(m): 4:17am On May 14, 2015
Terry1:

I don't think Toyota is better. Its just the popular brand in the region. For instance, Ibadan prefers the Mazda brand, Edo prefers Audi, Northerners favour honda.... And so on.

As for fuel consumption, the Nissan is good. Remember that driving style also affects fuel consumption. Spares are available.

1 Like

Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by abatically(m): 7:34am On May 14, 2015
Why would someone even consider a Honda Odyssey for transport? Not saying its a bad car but for transport? Don't even try it. The transmission is sensitive. And Nissan quest? Op get urself a sienna or Mazda MPV.

2 Likes

Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by idu1(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2015
Sienna or forget it....
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by DECOtech(m): 4:39am On May 17, 2015
idu1:
Sienna or forget it....

Sienna is not the only car in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by chidooh1: 1:46pm On May 17, 2015
Volkswagen sharan is the best among them all when it comes to transport and commercial issues, try it and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
chidooh1:
Volkswagen sharan is the best among them all when it comes to transport and commercial issues, try it and thank me later.

What makes you say so. Can you enlighten us more?
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by lawsta(m): 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
MPV would be more economical with good clearance, and less fuel consumption. it is the best if d distance is not more than about 120 kilometers/75miles.
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by diportivo: 7:36am On Jun 14, 2016
lawsta:
MPV would be more economical with good clearance, and less fuel consumption. it is the best if d distance is not more than about 120 kilometers/75miles.

What makes it consume less fuel to the rest?
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by princemillla(m): 8:45am On Jun 14, 2016
Quest for me, but then u need to equip it with catalyst and good o2 sensor. Otherwise, you are going to bankrupt
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by WeNoGoDie(m): 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
princemillla:
Quest for me, but then u need to equip it with catalyst and good o2 sensor. Otherwise, you are going to bankrupt

Please can you enlighten me more. I have quest that is giving me problems.
What is catalyst and O2 sensor and what do they do in a quest.

Thanks in anticipation of your help
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by charlesadeoye(m): 11:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
DECOtech:

Of the three options you have in mind, I will prefer the 04 Nissan Quest. My reasons are that it has a more spacious interior than the others and comes with a 3.5L engine that would deliver more power than the other two which comes with 3.0L engines. Although the MPV has the highest ground clearance of the three.

Generally, I see the Nissan as a more rugged ride than the other two. I have used the quest, a friend of mine owns an MPV and another owns an odessy so I know what I'm saying.

Cheers

You dont know what you are saying....
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by princemillla(m): 7:29am On Jun 16, 2016
WeNoGoDie:

Please can you enlighten me more. I have quest that is giving me problems.
What is catalyst and O2 sensor and what do they do in a quest.

Thanks in anticipation of your help

https://www.nairaland.com/3090468/scanned-vehicles-here-codes

Read the comments, it will do you good sir
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by kolnel: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2016
Mazda mpv of all the listed
I still own one right now, never given me any issue
I once own quest 04, it's a fuel gulper and the body structure is massive
Sienna would have been better, but the heat inside is always crazy
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by DECOtech(m): 8:03am On Jun 17, 2016
charlesadeoye:

You dont know what you are saying....
Oya, lecture me about my own opinion
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by charlesadeoye(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2016
DECOtech:

Oya, lecture me about my own opinion

Well my oga, the oddyssey comes with a 3.5liter J35a engine that produces close to 240hp,(known for transmission failures but stands the test of time if well maintained with the right fluid) compared to the mpv. The mpv comes 3.0 AJv6 engine. (The least powered of all the vans listed here). The quest comes with VQ35DE engine found in murano and the likes. The quest is a thirsty van plagued with many problems. Like most people have mentioned the sienna would have been the best. But out of this them all. I would give it to the oddyssey, (cheaper parts than others and comparing gas mileage with the power it delivers makes it outstanding).placing gas mileage vis a vis power in mind.
@op. In a nutshell. If you are looking for power and economy. The oddyssey is the van but looking for more economical and moderate power. I advise you go for the MPV. But i will never advise you to buy the quest. My two cents grin
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by xpensivealex(m): 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
try toyota sienna or Toyota previa,
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by DECOtech(m): 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2016
charlesadeoye:

Well my oga, the oddyssey comes with a 3.5liter J35a engine that produces close to 240hp,(known for transmission failures but stands the test of time if well maintained with the right fluid) compared to the mpv. The mpv comes 3.0 AJv6 engine. (The least powered of all the vans listed here). The quest comes with VQ35DE engine found in murano and the likes. The quest is a thirsty van plagued with many problems. Like most people have mentioned the sienna would have been the best. But out of this them all. I would give it to the oddyssey, (cheaper parts than others and comparing gas mileage with the power it delivers makes it outstanding).placing gas mileage vis a vis power in mind.
@op. In a nutshell. If you are looking for power and economy. The oddyssey is the van but looking for more economical and moderate power. I advise you go for the MPV. But i will never advise you to buy the quest. My two cents grin

Imagine after all you have typed to air your view, I quote you and say "you don't know what you are saying" ...just cos I have a different opinion from urs.

You have had ur experiences with these vehicles and I've had mine. You are free to disagree with what I have said but pls never tell me that I don't know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by charlesadeoye(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
DECOtech:

Imagine after all you have typed to air your view, I quote you and say "you don't know what you are saying" ...just cos I have a different opinion from urs.

You have had ur experiences with these vehicles and I've had mine. You are free to disagree with what I have said but pls never tell me that I don't know what I'm saying.

Bro. No hard feelings but you got it all wrong saying the honda comes with a 3.0 liter engine (get your facts right before advising someone who came up asking for your advise)and do you think quest seems to be most advisable out of these 3 minivans which should be used as transport?leaving the fact that vehicle has been plagued with different problems.I dont drive an oddyssey neither a quest or a mpv but i have had my experiences working on them. Like i said. Stay out of the quest@op. I wouldnt want you purchasing a vehicle that you either end up having sleepless nights on

1 Like

Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by DECOtech(m): 1:24am On Jun 19, 2016
charlesadeoye:

Bro. No hard feelings but you got it all wrong saying the honda comes with a 3.0 liter engine (get your facts right before advising someone who came up asking for your advise)and do you think quest seems to be most advisable out of these 3 minivans which should be used as transport?leaving the fact that vehicle has been plagued with different problems.I dont drive an oddyssey neither a quest or a mpv but i have had my experiences working on them. Like i said. Stay out of the quest@op. I wouldnt want you purchasing a vehicle that you either end up having sleepless nights on

please, which year of Odessy do you have in mind?

I currently drive a quest and I can trust it to the moon. I have clients who use the odessy and the MPV. I'm not here to exchange or words argue with you. The point I am trying to make here is that when you have a correction to make, pls go ahead and do that. You should not tell me that I don't know what I am saying. Are we fighting over something?
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by charlesadeoye(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=DECOtech post=46706092]

please, which year of Odessy do you have in mind?

I currently drive a quest and I can trust it to the moon. I have clients who use the odessy and the MPV. I'm not here to exchange or words argue with you. The point I am trying to make here is that when you have a correction to make, pls go ahead and do that. You should not tell me that I don't know what I am saying. Are we fighting over something?[/quotte

Oga!

A 1999-2003 oddyssey if that answers your question. Trusting your quest to the moon doesnt make it exactly better than the above listed minivans(some others trust theirs to the moon as well) i wouldnt know if you find my words by saying 'you dont know what you are saying' offensive. I made points by illustrating to you the differences in this vans which you clearly stated wrongly and also corrected your impressions about what you thought the specs and reliabilites on the other vans were . I dont intend to insult you with my choice of words and i dont intend to argue with you but i think the essence of typing on this thread is to make things clear and also enlighten the op. I wouldnt know what your motives are asides this.
Re: Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? by lawsta(m): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
diportivo:

What makes it consume less fuel to the rest?
it has a 2.0 smaller engine than the others 3.0

(1) (Reply)

BMW Recalls 11,700 Diesel Cars After Installing Wrong Engine Software / Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual / I Need Matured Advice, Am I Too Young Too Own A 7series???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.