Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706083 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by RuuDie(m): 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennyrony:

It not a must. It advisable u book a one way ticket.

Thanks man... but you're absolutely certain!? I got that bit from a ticketing agency.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
RuuDie:

Thanks man... but you're absolutely certain!? I got that bit from a ticketing agency.
Return ticket is only compulsory 4 pple on visiting Visa. As a student u are not expected to come any moment, a one way ticket is allowed. Do u want to book ur returning ticket 4 2017? Or u want to come home during ur studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

It is possible but she would need to provide proof of economic hardship. Though she might not really need to file for economic hardship if her school can permit her to take the fall semester off to work.

However, the EAD is valid for 1 year, after which it would need to be renewed with proof of continued economic hardship.
Is it actually easy to get Ead through economic hardship? One India babe told me uscis rarely approve. You even have to pay $380
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by RuuDie(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennyrony:

Return ticket is only compulsory 4 pple on visiting Visa. As a student u are not expected to come any moment, a one way ticket is allowed. Do u want to book ur returning ticket 4 2017? Or u want to come home during ur studies

Thanks again... I didn't actually think a return was necessary until, like I said, a ticketing agent told me so. The original plan was a one-way, I guess we will just stick to that. Gracias!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Elparaiso(m): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
mbeenox:

Goodluck, just be confident, No denial in Jesus Name
I got it o ..
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Elparaiso(m): 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
wynaskawai:

success......
Thanks I got it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
Elparaiso:

I got it o ..
Thanks
Congratulations bro. Share ur transcript

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Elparaiso(m): 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennyrony:

Congratulations bro. Share ur transcript
transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by charzyh2: 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
Elparaiso:
transcript?
I congratulate you on your success today. However,the culture here is you post your interview questions & answers after your visa interview. Since you just discovered this thread today, you are not mandated but help your brothers by posting your interview transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
Elparaiso:
transcript?
Yea, u tell us how d interview went.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alani55(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
Elparaiso:
transcript?

Yeah, you need to share your transcript. Your encounter with the visa officer, you know, for others to see. Esp aspiring interviewee like us. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by hardeyswaggz: 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
gurus, from what i have read so far, i can see that one of the supporting documents at the embassy includes bank statement of my sponsor. i initially wanted to go with a reference letter from the bank only. thanks to u guys. But my questions are>>>>

1. from when do i start printing the statements of accounts, i only made use of march SOA for my admission and ma interview is this month.?

2. i am going for an undergraduate course tho i have a degree already, kindly give me insights on how to tackle this.

3. my school never requested for any standard examination like TOEFL, SAT etc whatsoever so i didnt even bother doing one. i am really worried as many pple i have read about here had these results one way or the other.

pls help......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Elparaiso(m): 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
Alani55:

Yeah, you need to share your transcript. Your encounter with the visa officer, you know, for others to see. Esp aspiring interviewee like us. Thanks
kennyrony:

Yea, u tell us how d interview went.
charzyh2:

I congratulate you on your success today. However,the culture here is you post your interview questions & answers after your visa interview. Since you just discovered this thread today, you are not mandated but help your brothers by posting your interview transcript.
OK I will this evening....
But please make sure the documents are complete....
VO: Good Morning
Me:Good morning sir (with a smile)
VO: why are you going to America?
Me: For studies
Vo: Graduate or undergraduate?
Me: undergraduate.
Vo: what secondary schools did you attend?
Me: bleep at 200* and bleep at 200*
Vo: what course are gonna study?
Me: elect elect engr
Vo:why elect elect(while looking at me intently, study me I think)
Me:because I love robots and I believe they are the future...everything is automated this days(while returning the look)
Vo: how are you going to pay for the course
Me: I was awarded a partial scholarship due to my score on Sat (shows him i-20)
Vo:but that's just bleep amount, how about the rest(looks at me again)
Me: my mum would pay for the rest(returns look)
Vo: what does she do?
Me:she sell clothes. She imports and sells them in Nigeria..
Vo:how much does she earn?
Me: I don't know but o brought her statement of account for 2015 (brings out statement of acct from file and gives him)
Vo: (reads it a lil bit, returns it) have you taken any advanced tests or exams
Me: yes ,I took the SAT (hhands him sat printout)
Vo: (reads it) what was your score?
Me: bleep
Vo: ok ,your visa has been approved and would he ready for pick up in a weeks time...
Me: thank you very much, can I have my passport please grin
Vo: no you can't, it will be picked up with your visa...
Me: thank you sir... ( bounces out like a boss)

Brethren that's how it went down....
I didn't have a reason for picking elect elect....
Just formed one on the spot...
Also I had chronic cough that I battled with throughout the interview....
Thanks

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
Elparaiso:

Thanks I got it

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kobe79: 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
Elparaiso:

But please make sure the documents are complete....
VO: Good Morning
Me:Good morning sir (with a smile)
VO: why are you going to America?
Me: For studies
Vo: Graduate or undergraduate?
Me: undergraduate.
Vo: what secondary schools did you attend?
Me: bleep at 200* and bleep at 200*
Vo: what course are gonna study?
Me: elect elect engr
Vo:why elect elect(while looking at me intently, study me I think)
Me:because I love robots and I believe they are the future...everything is automated this days(while returning the look)
Vo: how are you going to pay for the course
Me: I was awarded a partial scholarship due to my score on Sat (shows him i-20)
Vo:but that's just bleep amount, how about the rest(looks at me again)
Me: my mum would pay for the rest(returns look)
Vo: what does she do?
Me:she sell clothes. She imports and sells them in Nigeria..
Vo:how much does she earn?
Me: I don't know but o brought her statement of account for 2015 (brings out statement of acct from file and gives him)
Vo: (reads it a lil bit, returns it) have you taken any advanced tests or exams
Me: yes ,I took the SAT (hhands him sat printout)
Vo: (reads it) what was your score?
Me: bleep
Vo: ok ,your visa has been approved and would he ready for pick up in a weeks time...
Me: thank you very much, can I have my passport please grin
Vo: no you can't, it will be picked up with your visa...
Me: thank you sir... ( bounces out like a boss)

Thanks

hmmmmmmmm i smell a rat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Elparaiso(m): 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
kobe79:

hmmmmmmmm i smell a rat
What's suspicious...?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Glocal1: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

If 'she' wink decides to get admission to switch schools, she would not be released by her current school until she pays off all debts owed. Her current school would not release her SEVIS records for the new school to pick until she offsets her debts. The possibility of her switching schools while owing over $17k in debt in the previous school is almost zero.

Her best bet can be to take one full year off from school work, to come up with the money, pay off the debt AND SEEK A CHEAPER SCHOOL TO SWITCH TO.

I know a student (an undergraduate) who was in a similar situation but the amount he owed was about $7k. He found a cheaper school (community college) and wanted to transfer but his university would not release him to his new school until he paid off his debt. His new school wouldn't accept him either because he still owed the first school tuition. There's no way the new school could access his SEVIS record without it first released by the first school. If he didn't pay up, he stood the risk of falling out of status which scared him to death. Lucky for him, it was the spring semester ending and he had summer coming (time to work). It took several weeks of pleading and shedding of tears to convince the admission officer to release him, who accompanied him to his new school himself to request that the new school let him enrol on the condition that by the ending of summer (of last year) that he would offset his tuition debt at his first school and his SEVIS records would be released to the community college. This poor boy worked his butt off the entire summer last year, and with about $2k from home he came up with the $7k and cleared his tuition debt. He's at the community college now where tuition is way cheaper and he can afford to come up with the tuition at least every summer break, if he doesn't get any support from home.

I've always advised those coming into the US with barely 1 full semester of tuition to avoid enrolling in school at all to avoid incurring the heavy debt of tuition and fees. It is a terrible situation to be in to owe school fees and be unable to pay it off. If you don't have money for tuition, leave school for now, focus on getting your residency after which you can always go back to school on loan available to you as a US permanent resident, but unavailable to international students. Going to a top school here in US does not really matter. What matters is having a US degree in the first place. Getting a good job here in US depends on how well networked one is (connection) and one's personality as a person.

I can't say this enough. Anybody planning on coming to the US to study without tuition money and expecting miracle to happen is in for a serious issue. I strongly recommend that you go for a cheap school and have at least 1 or 2 semester (s) tuition money.
What r d ways or means of securing d US citizen's permanent residency within d period of student F1 visa validity?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
Glocal1:
What r d ways or means of securing d US citizen's permanent residency within d period of student F1 visa validity?

Marry a citizen shikena
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
Pls help a brother here,is there any school is US that give admission for postgraduate program (masters) without Gre and Toefl.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
I just got a text now that's passport is ready for pick up,interview was in abuja June 12th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
bartino:
I just got a text now that's passport is ready for pick up,interview was in abuja June 12th
congrats.....don't know why things are slow here in Lagos undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
SantaClause:

Thanks Kenny..how much is the tuition per semester we talking about here?

Lol... You need to check your school website and you will see it there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
briefty:
Thank so much for the reply.

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Busconductor:

congrats.....don't know why things are slow here in Lagos undecided
just be patient....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by esperiense(m): 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks bro

bigfrancis21:

The statement should have an amount strictly equal to or greater than 8 million naira.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
bartino:
just be patient....
Alright thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
Elparaiso:

Thanks

Congratulations, boss!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 12:24am On Jun 30, 2015
biikeys:

which state is that?

NEW yORK

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.