Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,594 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (705005 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Congrats. Book your flight with Emirates, and ensure that your travel date is on a Tuesday to take advantage of the cheapest fares possible.

Ensure that the travel date is Tuesday? or ensure to do the booking on a Tuesday? which of the above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Congrats. Book your flight with Emirates, and ensure that your travel date is on a Tuesday to take advantage of the cheapest fares possible.
@bigfrancis, Thanks so much for your support, am highly indebted to you. Please how do i get to book on Emirates, most of their flight prices are on the high sides, or is there any other ways i can get to book ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
Sorbital:

Ensure that the travel date is Tuesday? or ensure to do the booking on a Tuesday? which of the above

Ensure that your day of travel is a Tuesday, not the day you are booking your ticket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
briefty:
@bigfrancis, Thanks so much for your support, am highly indebted to you. Please how do i get to book on Emirates, most of their flight prices are on the high sides, or is there any other ways i can get to book ?

http://fly4.emirates.com. Tuesday this week was 7/28. Other upcoming Tuesdays are 4, 11, 18, 25 etc. of August. Check the air fare on those days to see how cheaper they are compared to other week days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
I've only been to Benin republic in my travel history and it was during my NYSC in 2012, but I do not have their stamp on my passport. Hope this won't be a red flag to the VO. I filled Benin as my travel history on my DS-160.

The trip was just for pleasure with my friends and we came back the third day.

Anyone with experience on this ish? @Bigfrancis21
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
sirRiddy:
Thanks a lot. So, the clinical practicum
is part of the requirements for earning your degree?
Yea Na, if you are doing something in the health care, you must do clinicals by force. It could be done as CPT or anyhow they want it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The last time I checked Mr. Ibu is single and desperately searching. I heard he's got US citizenship. cheesy
can you do me a favor ??

Gerrarahere mehn shiTtt cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:
can you do me a favor ??

Gerrarahere mehn shiTtt cheesy grin cheesy

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
meritdee:
I've only been to Benin republic in my travel history and it was during my NYSC in 2012, but I do not have their stamp on my passport. Hope this won't be a red flag to the VO. I filled Benin as my travel history on my DS-160.

The VO would definitely need to see evidence of your travel to Benin republic and they would need a visa on your passport to confirm that and since you said you don't have a visa, you are better off not mentioning Benin in your travel history at all. I smell possible denial because of this because Nigerians are known to claim travel history or fake visa stamps which the VOs have a way of detecting real from fake stamps.

Go ahead and fill out a new DS160, don't include a Benin Republic travel history whatsoever and submit. Then update the new DS160 number on your visa booking profile (you might have to cancel and reschedule your interview date to do that, based on recent changes seemed to be made). Having no prior travel history is not that much of a reason to deny you your visa. Many people who have US visas today had never been outside Nigeria before till they got their US visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The VO would definitely need to see evidence of your travel to Benin republic and they would need a visa on your passport to confirm that and since you said you don't have a visa, you are better off not mentioning Benin in your travel history at all. I smell possible denial because of this because Nigerians are known to claim travel history or fake visa stamps which the VOs have a way of detecting real from fake stamps.

Go ahead and fill out a new DS160, don't include a Benin Republic travel history whatsoever and submit. Then update the new DS160 number on your visa booking profile (you might have to cancel and reschedule to that, based on recent changes seemed to be made). No prior history is not that much of a reason to deny you your visa. Many people who have US visas today had never been outside Nigeria before till they got their US visa.

Jeeez! Benin does not require visa and I didn't have a passport when I went to Cotonou. WTF!!! sad sad sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

http://fly4.emirates.com. Tuesday this week was 7/28. Other upcoming Tuesdays are 4, 11, 18, 25 etc. of August. Check the air fare on those days to see how cheaper they are compared to other week days.
Thanks so much, will check and get back to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:
OPT is an optional training and it run for 12-17 months depends on your course. You can only start OPT after you graduate. You are required to leave the USA 60days after the end of OPT

Summer internship could be CPT, you could earn credit for it. It could also be called IT ( like naija IT) and you resume the next semester to continue classes. The summer internship will be a job related to your course and it could also be unpaid.

OPT = after graduation

Summer internship ( CPT or iT ) = before graduation
@sirriddy adding to the above..If you land a job on CPT and your CPT expires, but your employer still wants to keep you for a little longer, you can take part of your OPT time (Pre-OPT).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
LagosNIV:

The MAVNI program is one route to citizenship, but you have to meet the recruitment criteria. And then you have to do your term of enlistment in the military. I did several years in the Army and will tell you that it is not for everyone.

That being said, your best bet is to talk to a recruiter. They are filling quotas for different positions all the time and you will have to take the ASVAB to find out what positions you would even qualify for. And the military is in the process of downsizing as well...
Okay but how long does it take to obtain citizenship through this process?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
meritdee:

Jeeez! Benin does not require visa and I didn't have a passport when I went to Cotonou. WTF!!! sad sad sad

How then do you prove you actually went to Benin Republic? I know that Nigeria and Benin Republic are ECOWAS countries and one only needs a Nigerian passport to travel to any ECOWAS country from Nigeria, visa free. Except that would be your alibi. But also, your travel date to Benin Republic has to fall after the date you first obtained your passport because you need an international passport to travel to outside Nigeria, even to visa-free countries, right? Correct me if i'm wrong.

How did you go to Benin Republic?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
happney65:

Of.course bro..Even if na War people.still dry.survive..But people still dey die naaa..And coupled with the fact that I no go fit fuk woman for only god knows how long...Abegi I no.wan die yet..
Hahahahahaha. People are talking about how to survive but you're busy talking about something else. Isn't that funny?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
DeeTus:
Okay but how long does it take to obtain citizenship through this process?

3 to 6 months I think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

3 to 6 months I think.
Oh that sounds cool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
biikeys:

@sirriddy adding to the above..If you land a job on CPT and your CPT expires, but your employer still wants to keep you for a little longer, you can take part of your OPT time (Pre-OPT).

Can one land a job using CPT? Because then the student is still in school and is not expected to be working while in school. A few students are lucky to obtain job offers on completion of their 3-month internship or CPT period but their start date is usually after their last semester of graduation, then during which the student can start on OPT while the company sorts out their H1B visa sponsorship. Because basically, you cannot go on CPT after you've graduated, only when you're still in school.

I don't think CPT is a valid work authorization permit for international students. OPT is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kellycute(m): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
@briefty congrat but you need to post your transcript for everyone to learn from it too. You learnt from other people transcripts so you gotta have to do the needful you know what I'm saying?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

How then do you prove you actually went to Benin Republic? I know that Nigeria and Benin Republic are ECOWAS countries and one only needs a Nigerian passport to travel to any ECOWAS country from Nigeria, visa free. Except that would be your alibi. But also, your travel date to Benin Republic has to fall after the date you first obtained your passport because you need an international passport to travel to outside Nigeria, even to visa-free countries, right? Correct me if i'm wrong.

It was more like a fun trip and I used my NYSC ID Card. sad sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
innovativeame:
Djmakson, what the God in heaven will do for you, you won't be able to say it all. I can only say thank you. Ese gidi gan! Bigfrancis21, I'm still loyal to your authority, keep being good cos it pays to be.

Amen brother!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
meritdee:

It was more like a fun trip and I used my NYSC ID Card. sad sad
NYSC ID Card is not a passport. Do not give VO the opportunity to smell a rat on your visa application. You have only less than two minutes to convince him or her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Sorry all that sent me PM's. I've been so busy lately, I've not even had time for myself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
DeeTus:
NYSC ID Card is not a passport. Do not give VO the opportunity to smell a rat on your visa application. You have only less than two minutes to convince him or her.

Thanks bro and BigFrancis21... I'll just do the needful and hope for the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I entered Cotonou with no form ID, paid 200 nairaland then at the border.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
meritdee:

Going to Benin doesn't help ur case in front of the VO, if u include just be ready to answer questions abt it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
meritdee:

Don't fret!
Just fill a new DS-160 form and update... It's better you just say you don't have travel history.
For oyibo people, it's not what you know but what you can prove...

Don't let this throw you off!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

By Freight! grin
Damn I couldn't help it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
DeeTus:
Oh that sounds cool.

Very cool, but the war front they scare me, chai good thing no easy. Na to go hide when fight come, come dey claim survivor after fight done finish grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by derrickcruz68: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
@bigfrancis I have received message I my email... Thanks for helping out bro I really appreciate ur effort. @akin3102 thanks for putting my mind at rest I appreciate ur guys bigger u I pray and let's keep balling
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
mbeenox:

Going to Benin doesn't help ur case in front of the VO, if u include just be ready to answer questions abt it.

Stewee:

Don't fret!
Just fill a new DS-160 form and update... It's better you just say you don't have travel history.
For oyibo people, it's not what you know but what you can prove...
Don't let this throw you off!

I can't update without canceling my scheduled appointment and I stand the risk of losing my date if I try that.

@mbeenox, I was just being honest while filling the form. I've read cases where people with visa to first world countries were denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
meritdee:

I can't update without canceling my scheduled appointment and I stand the risk of losing my date if I try that.

@mbeenox, I was just being honest while filling the form. I've read cases where people with visa to first world countries were denied.

Bro, just let me know in case you decide to cancel and reschedule... I have been so dying to get a date earlier than 18th August....that way, you know where your "lose" entered.... Your brother's pocket, huh?
Would be a win-win for all of us... I can pay back in another form kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.