Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706143 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 3:53pm On May 22, 2015
imperiouxx:

U.S do under administrative processing when the presented statement looks bogus.
That one guy that told us last yr he has 90 million in his account cheesy cheesy. I don forget hin name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 22, 2015
Just to clear the air. Deetus is correct. Though a recent Bank Statement makes more sense but going with a (at most) 3 month statement is acceptable too. You have nothing to worry about if the account's inflow and outflow is great.

I know a couple of people who used same Statement of Account in applying for admission and they also took it to the embassy for interview - which was like 1-3 months interval.

It doesn't hurt to take a recently printed SoA to the embassy. If you can get it, great. But if you can't, go with what you have and hope for th best. They might place you on Admin. processing (which happens rarely) if they have doubts.

Good luck.
Your bro from Canada smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 22, 2015
PussySandie:
Pls gurus in the house, i am filling my DS-160 online and in the passort page, i was asked passport book number,pls throw more light on that cos i do not understand, is it the number of pages on the passport or the number below the passport page like <NGAXXXX<<XXXX<XXXX<<<<<
AXXXXXNGXXXX0?
Also, in the pry occupation, should I put d schol I was deployed to for my Nysc
I used my dad bank statement for my i20 but he has travelled since lastmont,can I use my mum statement for intervw at d embassy cos d i20 indicate family fund and my mum don't have up to 37000$ in her account
Sandraaa, Oro to ni ki baba ma gbo, Baba lo shi ma pari e... I hope you understand my proverb,..Slimmy05 will interprete in Igbo for you

Anyways, on the passport book number, click on "Does not apply", and you can put your PPA as your primary occupation, but me no know wetin you fit do with the bank statement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 3:59pm On May 22, 2015
eatwell423:
There is no point stressing the Bank Statement issue, sandy already stated the funds is not enough. Why is it that during interview peoples sponsor are always not around? I'm tired of hearing this particular excuse for having a 5 months old statement? Do I need my dads presence to get his statement? No in most cases, what he does is, he calls his account officer and you get to have his statement. So that usual story of my dad or my sponsor traveled is a stale news. If your education or travelling is important to your dad, within 48 hours you should get his statement.

You're so right. May God bless you and yours.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 22, 2015
@Jchi9876, cheesy dem don nack you ban , you don add 1 put for your moniker lol cheesy Jchi19876

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by eatwell423: 4:02pm On May 22, 2015
OjaP:

You're so right. May God bless you and yours.
Bless you too brotherly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 22, 2015
DeeTus:
The US does not check if the money is there. But UK, Norway, Korea, Finland and Sweden do.
Make I address you as "Boss"
Boss, you don reach all this countries ' embassy before shocked
You reminded me of my NL friend Joeniceawake who shuffle Germany, USA and China
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 22, 2015
Amefrica:
Just to clear the air. Deetus is correct. Though a recent Bank Statement makes more sense but going with a (at most) 3 month statement is acceptable too. You have nothing to worry about if the account's inflow and outflow is great.

I know a couple of people who used same Statement of Account in applying for admission and they also took it to the embassy for interview - which was like 1-3 months interval.

It doesn't hurt to take a recently printed SoA to the embassy. If you can get it, great. But if you can't, go with what you have and hope for th best. They might place you on Admin. processing (which happens rarely) if they have doubts.

Good luck.
Thanks Ame!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 22, 2015
jchi19876:

na today i done dey chop ban from that nairaland robot i be customer na
Ohhboy!!!... grin grin You too funny, Your next moniker na JchiSlimmysfriend19876 grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:25pm On May 22, 2015
zeezahbee:
That one guy that told us last yr he has 90 million in his account cheesy cheesy. I don forget hin name

Abi na. Why any VO wouldn't want to see the 90M?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 22, 2015
DeeTus:
Thanks Ame!

No problem man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by joxxy01(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2015
testing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:41pm On May 22, 2015
DeeTus:
The US does not check if the money is there. But UK, Norway, Korea, Finland and Sweden do.
That's d more reason y d SOA as to be up to date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:47pm On May 22, 2015
Amefrica:

Good luck.
Alright bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 10:22pm On May 22, 2015
imperiouxx:

I dey, how are you and what next?

I'm doing great, sir. Na University of Wisconsin, Madison, be the next o. #Fulbright
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Idazbawz(m): 10:34pm On May 22, 2015
imperiouxx:

No be you run? What's good?
lol.. We thank God.. Been trying to survive Michigan's weather.. Thank God for summer cheesy.. How your side nau?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by onuawuchi: 11:09pm On May 22, 2015
I just received an offer of scholarship of a (meager) sum of $4k. I want to know if it's really worth mentioning during visa interview, since I can show my sponsor is able to take care of the full cost of my education?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by NeeYoh(m): 11:26pm On May 22, 2015
Salutations from a new nairalander. Pls if you know anyone currently studying in Minnesota state university Mankato or is planning on going there this year kindly reply. I need some info. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cosxzbay: 11:51pm On May 22, 2015
Idazbawz:
lol.. We thank God.. Been trying to survive Michigan's weather.. Thank God for summer cheesy.. How your side nau?
please check your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:05am On May 23, 2015
NeeYoh:
Salutations from a new nairalander. Pls if you know
anyone currently studying in Minnesota state university
Mankato or is planning on going there this year kindly
reply. I need some info. Thanks

You need to pm rocky rozay on that.. He belong to that school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:07am On May 23, 2015
profojah:

Make I address you as "Boss"
Boss, you don reach all this countries ' embassy before shocked
You reminded me of my NL friend Joeniceawake who shuffle Germany, USA and China

You too badt ooo.. Where the guy come dey now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:10am On May 23, 2015
profojah:

Sandraaa, Oro to ni ki baba ma gbo, Baba lo shi ma pari e... I hope you understand my proverb,..Slimmy05 will interprete in Igbo for you

Anyways, on the passport book number, click on "Does not apply", and you can put your PPA as your primary occupation, but me no know wetin you fit do with the bank statement

I cant shout ooo.. Who will translate it to Hausa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:16am On May 23, 2015
onuawuchi:
I just received an offer of scholarship of a (meager) sum of $4k. I want to know if it's really worth mentioning during visa interview, since I can show my sponsor is able to take care of the full cost of my education?
Bro, is it from MTSU?,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:19am On May 23, 2015
Walspring:

You too badt ooo.. Where the guy come dey now
Joe should be in Germany by now!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by onuawuchi: 12:21am On May 23, 2015
profojah:
Bro, is it from MTSU?,
Yes brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:37am On May 23, 2015
onuawuchi:

Yes brother
Kindly send me a mail on profojah@gmail.com...I'll reply as soon as I see it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:41am On May 23, 2015
Slimmy05, nice job on the other thread, but i was unable to view the link, maybe justwise removed it,...You're a thick detective grin
Jobelo in kingsport cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.