Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (705938 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
ferdiii:

old boy...na B1/B2 him carry enta.
Oh ok. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sorbital:

Somebody should answer me please
Planning to book flight now that I can afford it...Visa would be approved on 17th....planning to travel on 22nd to meet up with 24th Resumption date...how feasible are my plans
Guy, get an extension letter from your school first, and you'll have atleast a little more time to plan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sorbital:

Somebody should answer me please
Planning to book flight now that I can afford it...Visa would be approved on 17th....planning to travel on 22nd to meet up with 24th Resumption date...how feasible are my plans

Typically, within 3-5 working days. Most likely, for an interview on Friday (17th), getting your visa before 22nd could be somewhat unlikely. But who knows, you could get yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
amanze15:
my dad told i can marry any girl i want i like if she aint my type, that i can even teach a latino to cook nigerian food if i like cheesy, buh chick"s mum already doing as if i go come marry the girl immediately undecided even a 15 dollar/ hour person in the US can own a brand new car grin thanks bigfrancis21 the very first question my folks here sorted for me, getting SSN is the koko, my family get wedding by 24th you go still dey chi-town?! grin
No, my flight is for 17th, would be back 16th of December
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sorbital:
Entering the states with $1000....GA and full tuition waiver...how well can I cope b4 I start receiving the stipend...If $1k wouldn't be enough, how much more do I have to hustle for b4 coming grin

My family, make una answer me a beg...

With $1k after sorting accommodation and some other things? If yes, you should be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
slimmy05:
No, my flight is for 17th, would be back 16th of December
maybe Christmas then chicago is 2 and half hours from here though, am heading out on the 11th to missouri
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
amanze15:
maybe Christmas then chicago is 2 and half hours from here though, am heading out on the 11th to missouri

Where you dey go for Missouri?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
Stewee:

Where you dey go for Missouri?
rolla!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by chidexhenry: 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
slimmy05:
3 Kolanut, 1 alligator pepper, 2 green lizard and a leopard head.

Your slip is enough to get your passport if it is Lagos or Abuja
Lol...thanks boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
godG:

Typically, within 3-5 working days. Most likely, for an interview on Friday (17th), getting your visa before 22nd could be somewhat unlikely. But who knows, you could get yours.

17th is actually on a Monday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sorbital:

17th is actually on a Monday
Oh, pardon me. Then I think you stand a chance. 22 go be Saturday right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
amanze15:
My travel transcript flight DL55 to ATL and DL5576 to Peoria, IL

I arrived at MMA international wing at about 3.30pm local time after our driver had taken us to the domestic wing unknowingly, he said he only knew the Oshodi axis entry into the airport, so we came in through Maryland, the “WE” is because I travelled with my Mum coincidently…lol, after several checks and oversized luggage thanks to mum, she ended paying for extra luggage not the official fee though ( naija things, she aint corrupt though), gave customs another 3k, she was well prepared for them , I just stood forming accompanist or personal trolley( all my elbows still dey pain me sef) , we left for boarding gate D44 where the delta DL55 was waiting for us, immigration was super slow, traffic was really high, we scaled through without any “wahala” lots of children and students heading back to school I couldn’t start of conversion with some, meet one girl ending to Connecticut, and three other in Syracuse college in NYC I guess, inflight entertainment was very cool, recent movies and music was loaded in the seat back screens, “get hard” was onboard fav for most of the passengers,11.00 was departure time 12 hours from lagos to Atlanta wasn’t boring though, landed at the world famous Jackson international airport 5.00 local time , I TRIP we dey learn for Nigeria GOD HAVE MERCY, POE was smooth ;
Customs officer: how are you doing?!
Me: am great
Customs; where are u from?
Me : Nigeria
Customs : where are you guys going ?!
ME: (my mum signed me to run the tape)….Peoria, she visiting her daughter so I want to accompany her but in 24 days I should be in school, he cuts in “ whose paying for your school” I answered “my cousin” customs officer : Nigerians you guys like huge families even your next door neighbor is family whosssh
Me: yeah we hold onto family values a lot
Customs officer: I know, four fingers please,
Customs officer: so mum your first visit?!
MUM: fourth visit in which I spent 6 months at each visit
Customs: y’all welcome to the states, he stamps
We headed to pick baggage claim, and headed to green folder for food products checking, met a one MR SEUN Fanioki working for customs , he helped us, and admonished me to further as much as I can gave me his number we then took a Train as in ATRAIN (o boi I trip die) to our connecting flight boarding gate, I met a biologist, I couldn’t collect number, (mum was in my face all the time) women are super friendly here, they would incite the conversation even you smile and look good, we took two cups of café au lait(a black girl at the café shop seems nice , she liked the fact I dressed in my full native attire) and even test ran my fidelity “one world” card while we waited for our flight, I took short stares at beautiful “amelika” girls white chicks are prettier, and akata are bootylicious since its was summer they worn crazy shorts chaiiiiiiiii, we got to peoria,IL at about 2 pm local time, lovely airport, CATAPILLAR showed they own the town right from the airport where my bro in law works,
Am in still in awe, I still can’t believe am here, shopping here is so cheap and easy, bought some cosmetics for a customer back in Nigeria I used a self pay machine at Walmart I TRIP
“Electronic gadgets, sex, cars, shopping is nothing here life is so easy here and extremely stressful but you would be good, you need to be very purposeful and have fun once in a while, as soon as you pay in your first year tuition be calm and study well to be in the good books your SSN would come smooth, its really good here”.,…my brother in law
Whatever you are coming to do in the states, just be prepared cos you are black and having an accent is already a setback but being super educated is the American dream for me and should be yours too, my nephew telling me network is slow while we were watching nolly tv through a Samsung smart TV, i laughed this one is over fast for me o cheesy
Brother, there is no Biggie about SSN, get a paid job and you go get your SSN. There is nothing special in having one at least an F-1 student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
wizzy11:
I think I can now share.
To God be all the Glory and praise.
I finally arrived Yankee yesterday after a long trip.

I would start by saying, it's all by God's grace. Not what u think u know or what money you have.

I'm sharing this testimony and that's all I want to do. Because of you who seems disturbed, Abt admission, scholarship, and visa Delay.

I would summarize as much as possible.

I got admitted for an MSc degree, got a scholarship (covers tuition + stipend),
Information is great, but the key to all is God.
It may interest you to know my score was 287(gre) TOEFL (91)
Got admitted to all the schools I applied to anyway.
A brief profile: PMP (pmi), itil foundation (v3), itil intermediate (service ops), ccna, ccnp, lean six-sigma(yellow belt), 2years work experience.

Now what?
I got delayed visa twice, got it on a 3rd attempt. Same abj. Guess what, all this happened in May (a week after but put on A.p which ran into june), June, July.
Your surprise: I was placed on A.p on 2nd attempt b4 d delay( don't use deny, a man with dreams calls it delay).
To shock you, Same lady who delayed 2nd was same that approved on 3rd attempt.
And on 3rd attempt interview did not exceed 3 minutes. (But truly speaking, God settled it in the spirit. And the Heavens was all over on that day.)
I actually did not know Abt this thread until after my first delay.
In all, trust God, my case was a mix up though, honestly speaking I changed sponsors, using a different sponsor from what I had on my I-20( cos sponsor was out of country on conference). He returned and I supplied his SoA again.

Truth is, never let people run u down, or have a pity party on your case. Never give up, impossible becomes possible if you don't give up, or retire to people's opinion. We all were not born same day, so who tell u that what happens to twin A, would happen to twin B. Hear what people say, but a man with dreams never give up. Some had said I should defer n wait till next year. Many said I should forget it.
I did it a 3rd time, not looking at their faces, or standing on their opinions, but I knelt before God in prayers. So he settled it.

My sincere advice is. Work hard, get information, get enlightened, but kneel before God who perfects it all.

Never ever let people talk you down in a course you believe in and believe is just.

I finally arrived yesterday and it's indeed a blessed country. I'm a reserved person, so pardon my not being so active. Work as well was demanding.
Just work and pray. Above all be truthful to thy own self, first and then hand it all to God, knowing you can't help yourself.

Thanks to great guys who have been contributing to this thread, Profoja, Slimmy, and many others. Your advice has helped a lot of folks. (My self inclusive).

One last thing I observed is that, many folks who sometimes come in here have not really taken time to read n research. For instance, you want to go to ETSU, but you have not spent at least 20 to 30 hours reading and finding out about the school, the professors in your dept. The application requirements and all required details.
Some folk nicknamed me Google, because, I always told him Google, when he ask me for some information which I know he ought to know or have an idea of.

Thank God for your life, strength and resilience.

Hard work surely pays!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
amanze15:
rolla!

Oh seen!
Is that where your school is?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
amanze15:

ma real guy...thank God for safe journey o....joining u soon smiley

ur travel transcript wan make me quick quick shift my flight date to 2days time o grin
chai america grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Queenfogs: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
Please I'm ignorant about what a public notary is and where I can find them I was asked to get my letter certified by a notary public how do I do that I live in warri delta state who has an idea of how I can go about it and also I was asked to take my waec result to the ministry of education and foreign affairs thereafter to sign and approve it I'm confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Naso my brother.
slimmy05:
white men with tiny dicks and weak sexual prowess? The white girls in Chicago would tell you, once you go black you never want to go back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
godG:

Oh, pardon me. Then I think you stand a chance. 22 go be Saturday right?

Yeap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by chidexhenry: 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
profojah:

And some people made an oath with their babes here in naija that they'll never leave them when they go amelika.
oath! in this generation? God help us sa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
Please, a friend brother has D7 in maths but with distinction and credits in other subjects, what are his chances of undergraduate admission? walspring, amanze, pcbo and other guru's
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
goryorhal:

Whatsapp con ?

Did not get your Pm..resend it or drop ur digits make i add una..Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by chidexhenry: 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sorbital:
Assuming there's no delay or any form of problem, how long does it take for the visa to be ready after a successful interview...
72hrs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
slimmy05:
Some of them didn't come with more than $300 with the mind of My uncle, my aunty. At least, we have one that was left hanging at the airport, the people he hid his coming from are the ones that rescued his ass.

Nothing is free in U.S., it's hard for people to pay your bills, no everyone can afford it. If not for scholarship I would be in CC, that's what I can afford.

$300 Kee?Shey people think say them dey pick money untop ground for Amerika nii?Some People are just not enlightened at all. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
happney65:

$300 Kee?Shey people think say them dey pick money untop ground for Amerika nii?Some People are just not enlightened at all. grin
No, they feel having a family in US automatically means its all well. They don't know that life in US is hard.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 11:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
chidexhenry:
oath! in this generation? God help us sa.
depends on his course of study....its a no no for a science related course,,

he shud try n rewrite waec or neco
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
Stewee:

Oh seen!
Is that where your school is?
yeah missouri university of science and technology, just chilling at peoria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
chidexhenry:
72hrs.

Thanks...God has just settled my case...My success stories, thanksgiving and testimonies piling up... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
slimmy05:
No, they feel having a family in US automatically means its all well. They don't know that life in US is hard.
lol, if them tell u how they work hours just to pay bills smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by purplesummer(f): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
Queenfogs:
Please I'm ignorant about what a public notary is and where I can find them I was asked to get my letter certified by a notary public how do I do that I live in warri delta state who has an idea of how I can go about it and also I was asked to take my waec result to the ministry of education and foreign affairs thereafter to sign and approve it I'm confused
Visit law firms in your area. Ask to see a notary public and get your document notarized for a fee.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
slimmy05:
Please, a friend brother has D7 in maths but with distinction and credits in other subjects, what are his chances of undergraduate admission? walspring, amanze, pcbo and other guru's
the best D7 in maths can get you is a foundation program and that's in the UK,"as par sey na US" most schools require a converted GPA,only if the school requires him to do so his chances are good , but he needs at least a "C" to look good.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
amanze15:
the best D7 in maths can get you is a foundation program and that's in the UK,"as par sey na US" most schools require a converted GPA,only if the school requires him to do so his chances are good , but he needs at least a "C" to look good.....
You mean evaluating his GPA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.