Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (705719 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sleemgeez: 11:48am On Aug 04, 2015
texrem:

share ur transcript!
Transcript as per my visa interview? Sorry I'm new wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sleemgeez: 11:51am On Aug 04, 2015
ifedapsy:

Your passport and I -20. Also, keep your responses straight and brief. No need for stories.

Oh! just like another visa interview? Will I need SEVIS receipt and statement of account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Denvan: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Good day house. I thought d PTA thing is without charge o since I am a customer. First bank is charging me 1% commision and 5% vat. How una see am? Make go ahead? Urgent answer pls!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
profojah:

Haaa.. You wan dey ride bicycle?. Hope you are not a virgin sha

No she is not.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
Denvan:
Good day house. I thought d PTA thing is without charge o since I am a customer. First bank is charging me 1% commision and 5% vat. How una see am? Make go ahead? Urgent answer pls!!!
them even give you sef, make you thank God if u can afford it take it....just few banks give PTA without extra charge
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
sethmayor:
Hallelujah somebody!
Visa Approved this morning I will post my transcript later
Waoooo. Am Hapi 4 u aburo. Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
Abeg house abeg if person hold raw dollars for wallet hope immigration no go worry person? Abeg make una tell me i wan carry some for wallet. Kennyrony how you go take carry your own?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
bartino:
Abeg house abeg if person hold raw dollars for wallet hope immigration no go worry person? Abeg make una tell me i wan carry some for wallet. Kennyrony how you go take carry your own?
I no even put am for wallet, na inside my pocket I put am. 1 security man touch am, den said bros drop something na.. I tell am say I no get.

U don't have any problem in as much as it not more than $10,000. I came in wit $4,000

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bayonino: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
bayonino:
Your advise needed pls:

I sent a mail to a professor requesting if there is space to be part of his research group, because he said he needs masters student to join his research group. I sent my resume along with my experiences in a cover letter. Shortly, after he replied me that i am welcome to join his research group that when i get to the school i should see him so we have a meeting.

Please, what are the things i should expect from our meeting and is there probability of me been funded?, because i don't know how it works over there in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
kennyrony:

I no even put am for wallet, na inside my pocket I put am. 1 security man touch am, den said bros drop something na.. I tell am say I no get.

I don't have any problem in as much as it not more than $10,000. I can in wit $4,000
u too much boss thanks man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ayyyyo(m): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
slimmy05:
I was in Doha for 10mins, my initial stop was for 1:50mins but we had a flight delay in Lagos. I stayed in France for 4hours, nice airport too (Charles de Gaulle airport) I met two nice guys and we are close buddy now. You can use your master card to buy wine (duty free) and also food. French police will come to question you guys. Don't tell them you have goods for anyone or someone assisted you pack your bag else they will go to your luggage and offload everything. A guy from Sudan I guess didn't understand english properly was just answering yes to every question. He went for security screening.
okay boss! Thanks for the heads up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by guiterist: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
teelekan:
Guiterist, congratulations.
What school are you going, if you don't mind my asking?

Mekurexx, how every? I hail o. Thanks for the help.

Thanks man...Concordia University Chicago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by guiterist: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mekurexx:
Congrats @guiterist Very smooth Interview. I guess that didnt last up to 5mins. Thank God for that..... Enjoy your stay! kiss smiley

Thanx man...it sure dint even last up to a min if I can recall correctly. It was jst God all d way...cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cutemorgan(m): 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
bigfrancis21:

This is good chance that he is likely to accept you! Follow up on his email.

Respond by asking him what possible research openings he has in his lab to see which you would be a good fit for.

@others...sirriddy's mail template is the perfect example of a template for those seeking graduate assistantships at their prospective schools. You should never be direct in your search for assistantship or be won't to mention or implicitly imply in your first email that you are looking for an assistantship because of the money.

Thanks boss... NOTED!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ScholarAkassi: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hello All the Gurus in the House!!!!

This question is specifically directed to the Gurus Abroad. Please what means do you think is the cheapest to make calls from USA to Nigeria. (Note: My family do not have access to good internet connection in Nigeria). I have been surfing the internet and I came across calleasy, nonoh, google voice, viber, skype, rebtel but I will like to hear from the gurus.

Secondly, is it better to change Naira to Dollar before travelling at the Bank or the Black market? If the former is the best please what are the processes involved? I am currently debating this issue with my parents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
ScholarAkassi:
Hello All the Gurus in the House!!!!

This question is specifically directed to the Gurus Abroad. Please what means do you think is the cheapest to make calls from USA to Nigeria. (Note: My family do not have access to good internet connection in Nigeria). I have been surfing the internet and I came across calleasy, nonoh, google voice, viber, skype, rebtel but I will like to hear from the gurus.

Secondly, is it better to change Naira to Dollar before travelling at the Bank or the Black market? If the former is the best please what are the processes involved? I am currently debating this issue with my parents.

I called you. Didn't go through.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
Djmakson,

I still have you in mind bro.
Just exercise some patience, I'm currently working on it.
Cheers man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
sethmayor:
Hallelujah somebody!
Visa Approved this morning I will post my transcript later

Congratulations, boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by oyeg(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hello Friends,

I will be leaving for school in the US next week.

1. For those already in the U.S, pls what the existing USD/NGN conversion rate for transactions done with naira master card.

2. I am looking to purchase a new phone and phone line when I arrive the states. Which contract offer the best rates?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
Those that got their visas yesterday and today should share their interview transcript naaaa.haba!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
bbdd:
Djmakson,

I still have you in mind bro.
Just exercise some patience, I'm currently working on it.
Cheers man.

My brother no issues. Thanks and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
guz..pls dis roommate thingy...hw does it work

do i wait til i get to sch or start using craiglist
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
No transcripts yesterday and today? May God make me find favour in the hands of the VO tomorrow, Amen!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vivyval(f): 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hello house! My name is vivian, I have read through the whole thread; am glad you guys are helping people like me without charges. God bless ya all plenty. I got admission for winter 2016 frm california university of mgt and sc. They dnt require gmat/ gre; therefore I dnt hav any standardised exam. I applied for MCIS; I hav a degree in comp sc, and ccnp certification; have worked here for 5yrs.
Am yet to apply to d embassy. Pls must I write the gre even though my skol don't require it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
vivyval:
Hello house! My name is vivian, I have read through the whole thread; am glad you guys are helping people like me without charges. God bless ya all plenty. I got admission for winter 2016 frm california university of mgt and sc. They dnt require gmat/ gre; therefore I dnt hav any standardised exam. I applied for MCIS; I hav a degree in comp sc, and ccnp certification; have worked here for 5yrs.
Am yet to apply to d embassy. Pls must I write the gre even though my skol don't require it?

Yes you have to because the vo will ask for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
dicapino how far na?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by dicapino: 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
sirRiddy:
dicapino how far na?

Bro I dey oooo.....I dey find info for funding...bro....yu know as I dey go....how yur nysc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
NYSC dey ok, just boring small with same life from
monday to friday sha. Make we relate for facebook when you free.
dicapino:

Bro I dey oooo.....I dey find info for funding...bro....yu know as I dey go....how yur nysc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by dicapino: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
sirRiddy:
NYSC dey ok, just boring small with same life from
monday to friday sha. Make we relate for facebook when you free.

Aiite bro would buzz ya!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vivyval(f): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
Pls how much does the GRE exam cost? And can anyone here pls help with the dumps? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
visit ets.org for basic info about GRE. you can email me
for 'dumps'.
vivyval:
Pls how much does the GRE exam cost? And can anyone here pls help with the dumps? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Yes please.
sleemgeez:

Transcript as per my visa interview? Sorry I'm new wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.