Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,405 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (704958 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Charis12: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
abee86:
Good morning everyone ,am a medical practitioner . Am interested in relocating to America . And I want to start out with my Msc in public or global health before writing my useless. I will really appreciate advise from people who have gone down this lane on good schools to apply to and where to start from . Thank you

Hi, you can start from "http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/search?program=top-public-health-schools&name=
- Pick a couple of schools, go to their website and check their requirements, spend a lot of time doing this
- Prepare to write standardized tests, GRE and TOEFL, your school 'might' waive it if you have loads of work experience but it's advisable to write them anyway for your visa interview
- You will need to write a killer SOP and have some good references/recommendation letters, GPA, undergraduate transcripts
- Email professors if you're interested in their research; should increase your chance of funding
- Check University of Georgia, Tulane school of public health, University of Iowa, John Hopkins school of public health, University of Minnesota school of public health. There are many other schools you can check, here is just my little list.
- The steps outlined are not to be followed in that order
- Make use of Google
- Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
God has favored you bro,go and pick up your visa.shalom!!!
brosdoncome:
No transcripts yesterday and today? May God make me find favour in the hands of the VO tomorrow, Amen!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
SantaClause:

Yes you have to because the vo will ask for it
You are wrong. She doesn't have to. Remember she said d school doesn't require it, she as gotten admission already and she also av 5years working experience. She's covered. She can just take a test of english.

And again don't say d VO will ask for it. U rather say d VO might..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
fregkay:
God has favored you bro,go and pick up your visa.shalom!!!

Amen! God will do it for u too if u are hopeful like me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
is 395dollar ok for a 3 bedroom shared graduate apartment with full amenities...

deetus u were once in valpo,,,pls tell me more about their housing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
vivyval:
Hello house! My name is vivian, I have read through the whole thread; am glad you guys are helping people like me without charges. God bless ya all plenty. I got admission for winter 2016 frm california university of mgt and sc. They dnt require gmat/ gre; therefore I dnt hav any standardised exam. I applied for MCIS; I hav a degree in comp sc, and ccnp certification; have worked here for 5yrs.
Am yet to apply to d embassy. Pls must I write the gre even though my skol don't require it?

The GRE is not required.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
warriboy21:
is 395dollar ok for a 3 bedroom shared graduate apartment with full amenities...

It depends on where you are... College Station, Texas is much cheaper than Miami, Florida.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
warriboy21:

It's okay. Mine is 439 for 4bedrooms with full amenities minus electricity. It's okay bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by spazio: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
Oh! are members not serving us with transcripts

We need it, it keeps inspiring some of us till we also make an attempt at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
LagosNIV:

It depends on where you are... College Station, Texas is much cheaper than Miami, Florida.

chai dis vo too love mwa tongue

no wory i go carry u go waffi go c tins grin

thanks anyways smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
Nabylet:

It's okay. Mine is 439 for 4bedrooms with full amenities minus electricity. It's okay bro.

have u booked urs already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by daret002(m): 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
LagosNIV:

The GRE is not required.

Just curious sir....no standardized test required if the school doesn't demand it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
warriboy21:

Hehehe.

You wanna live at Uptown East? Just budget 415 dollars.

But how did you know i was once at Valpo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
Nabylet:

its okay, i never even ask my roommate (family friend), the guy see sey i young, sey i go dey cook grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sethmayor: 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
Visa Approved today! Here is my transcript
I no greet her she too no greet me
Vo: pass ur documents
Me: I did
Vo: where are u going to
Me: am going to wartburg college in Waverly, Iowa state
Vo: what will u be studying
Me: bachelor's degree in Criminal justice and police science
Vo: what science?
Me: police science. Criminal justice and police science
Vo: why this school?
Me: Actually, of all the schools I applied to, wartburg college came top in terms of best value, tuition, academic and scholarship. And apart frm it bn one of the best schools in d mid west, its also one of the few schools in which students regardless of their major are part of a supportive intellectual social community that building foundation for success and I also got scholarship of $18 thousand
Vo: how did u get this scholarship
Me: my transcript was reviewed together with my waec and I also wrote a personal essay
Vo: did u take any test?
Me: yes, I took the SAT and IELTS
Vo: when did u finish high school
Me: 2012
Vo: what have u bn doing since then
Me: I enrolled into ksu for a one year pre degree program(na lie o, I didn't do any predegree na degree I dey run)
Vo: whose paying ur bills
Me: my uncle
Vo: what does he do
Me: u said?
Vo: what does he do?
Me: oh, he his d General manager of *** * bank and he his also into real estate
Vo: ok, ur visa as bn approved u will need this at the POE pick urpassport up at d circle location
Me: u said?
Vo: Ur visa as bn approved take this(hands over my i-20 and sevis confirmation
Me: with a big smile, thank u

I was even waiting for her to ask me why I have chosen my course.....she for hear Narrative essay.lol

Special thanks to the best brother in d world @kennyrony and a brother from another mother @walspring , also @Nabylet thanks for helping ease my Tension.
However, everyone here as made this testimony possible. Nairaland is like my second home. Am so grateful. God bless Nairaland, God bless Nigeria and God bless America

18 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
Nabylet:

You're heading to Valpo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
DeeTus:
Hehehe.

You wanna live at Uptown East? Just budget 415 dollars.

But how did you know i was once at Valpo?

u mentioned it ere...den u sed u wer working at valpo....
is d uptown east close to campus.....
im also considering d graduate housing...hw is that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
warriboy21:

u mentioned it ere...den u sed u wer working at valpo....
is d uptown east close to campus.....
im also considering d graduate housing...hw is that
I did not work at Valpo but my friend did.

Graduate Housing is cool. You will enjoy it there but start reducing your cost too so you wouldn't run out of money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
warriboy21:

chai dis vo too love mwa tongue

no wory i go carry u go waffi go c tins grin

thanks anyways smiley
Lol cheesy. You fit carry VO go waffi if to say VO deny you. #funny warriboy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
profojah:

Lol cheesy. You fit carry VO go waffi if to say VO deny you. #funny warriboy

lol oga prof..
if she deny sef.na who she help grin

i hail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
warriboy21:

lol oga prof..
if she deny sef.na who she help grin

i hail
Haha cheesy. She no help anybody o.#Veryfunny guy
I remembered the day you wrote your GRE, wey you cram almost One thousand GRE words but na only two you meet on the exam day cheesy

Enjoy and Flex America bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Sethmayor.. Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
profojah:

Haha cheesy. She no help anybody o.#Veryfunny guy
I remembered the day you wrote your GRE, wey you cram almost One thousand GRE words but na only two you meet on the exam day cheesy

Enjoy and Flex America bro
lmao..obob as in en ..dat day en...lol..if not for paper exam gre wen make giraffing easy....i swear i for sue magoosh undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
DeeTus:
I did not work at Valpo but my friend did.

Graduate Housing is cool. You will enjoy it there but start reducing your cost too so you wouldn't run out of money.
deetus i hail o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
plss...1/8th mile is like how mny minutes/hr walk from a partcular location??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jenns(m): 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Feels good to check back on this forum that God used to grant me my visa. Special thanks to all the guru's in the house with advice and courage to go face the VO back then.
I have been anxious to check on the guys granted visa and those delayed(delay is not denial) but school work no gimmie chance. Well, i have had my own BitterSweet experience within the 2 month i got here but if there's one thing i can assure guys coming here, SERVE GOD DILIGENTLY and BE SMART. I came here with absolutely $200 usd but now, am living averagely good with the help of GOD and the redeemed christian family. It pays to serve God.
Please where is coodboy and innovativeme, need your contacts , we need to roll.
P.S My sis just got granted this morning at the Lagos Embassy, i hope she comes to share her transcript soon, i can't speak for her right now. I only got a message from her this morning. EVEN IF YOUR PASSPORT NA VIRGIN, E NO MEAN ANYTING, I AND MY SIS NEVER EVEN REACH MURITALA MUHAMMED AIRPORT BEFORE.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
Nabylet:

wahala plenty for this rubbish shared apartment. All those your spicy "iru" won't be accepted o. You'll basically live on rules. Go get your own apartment and get a roommate. You live better and confortable that way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
jenns:
Feels good to check back on this forum that God used to grant me my visa. Special thanks to all the guru's in the house with advice and courage to go face the VO back then.
I have been anxious to check on the guys granted visa and those delayed(delay is not denial) but school work no gimmie chance. Well, i have had my own BitterSweet experience within the 2 month i got here but if there's one thing i can assure guys coming here, SERVE GOD DILIGENTLY and BE SMART. I came here with absolutely $200 usd but now, am living averagely good with the help of GOD and the redeemed christian family. It pays to serve God.
Please where is coodboy and innovativeme, need your contacts , we need to roll.
P.S My sis just got granted this morning at the Lagos Embassy, i hope she comes to share her transcript soon, i can't speak for her right now. I only got a message from her this morning. EVEN IF YOUR PASSPORT NA VIRGIN, E NO MEAN ANYTING, I AND MY SIS NEVER EVEN REACH MURITALA MUHAMMED AIRPORT BEFORE.
My brother, the shirt go soon small as you grow. Don't run out of status o. As e dey sweet na so e dey biter kwa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
warriboy21:
plss...1/8th mile is like how mny minutes/hr walk from a partcular location??
1 mile should be 10min to 15mins depending on your walk speed. But you as you be waffy boi, you leg suppose get tyre.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jenns(m): 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
ScholarAkassi:
Hello All the Gurus in the House!!!!

This question is specifically directed to the Gurus Abroad. Please what means do you think is the cheapest to make calls from USA to Nigeria. (Note: My family do not have access to good internet connection in Nigeria). I have been surfing the internet and I came across calleasy, nonoh, google voice, viber, skype, rebtel but I will like to hear from the gurus.

Secondly, is it better to change Naira to Dollar before travelling at the Bank or the Black market? If the former is the best please what are the processes involved? I am currently debating this issue with my parents.

Yea,i would advice you to change naira to dollar before coming, and also, never do as if you came here with alot of cash cos boiz here will try to take advantage of you big time.
When you get here try buying a LYCAMOBILE SIM, It is cheap and reasonable, 23$ or 10$ subscription according to your pocket. I buy international calling card online.
try checking callingmart.com All you need to know about networks and international caling cards are explained better.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
Anyone in Colorado? Please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jenns(m): 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
slimmy05:
My brother, the shirt go soon small as you grow. Don't run out of status o. As e dey sweet na so e dey biter kwa.
lols...NEVER WOULD I DO SUCH. I would not even advice my enemy to do such ooo cos once you go out of status, NA WAR BE THAT OOOO.
There are legit ways to remain in status even with a pending school fee. grin
slimmy..play come texas naah, babes and shayoo plenty oooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.