Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (705722 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 5:27pm On May 25, 2015
blublahd:
what did you score in your essay?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 5:30pm On May 25, 2015
kaycome:
Walspring do you know about howard university?

Its a private university with high tuition fee but they give out scholarship provided you have the requirement... You will meet Nigerians and black people there.. Check the school website to know more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 5:51pm On May 25, 2015
glitter24:
Visa delayed at abuja embassy on 20th May, 2015 window 9, the woman didn't give anybody that she interview, she spent only 2mins i will share my transcript later guys. My regards to walspring, slimmy and imperiouxx

sorry big boss.. Am sorry about your denial and never give up... Just try do the needful things and you will get the visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 25, 2015
kaycome:
Anyone in howard university? I wish to apply for spring. Please i need information about the skool.
I have two friends who got their UG from there years ago(mid 2000s). Then it was pretty straightforward, hit a 1350/1600 in your SAT and you were almost guaranteed a full ride. I don't know about now. Would encourage you to apply there if you really need funding and you don't mind attending a predominantly black school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by glitter24(m): 7:33pm On May 25, 2015
Walspring:

sorry big boss.. Am sorry about your denial and never give up... Just try do the needful things and you will get the visa.
Amen sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 8:16pm On May 25, 2015
kaycome:

Thanks for the info but do know about howard university admission process. I have checked their site but i want to know about their deadline for fall
d best way to kn is to email dem or beta stil chk dia sites
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 8:18pm On May 25, 2015
my chairmen
pls i just sent my new bank statement for i20 issuance today..pls how long does it normally take for schools to respond to send d i20..esp afta asking for new bank statement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 25, 2015
gys please urgent response ASAP.

i'm about filling my ds-160. assuming i don't have a functioning printer now, and i fill it, will i be able to come back another day and print it out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 25, 2015
good day guys, please i'm really confused. i have gotten my I-20 and my SEVIS has been done. please what do i do next. i'm going for undergradate and i'm below 18 yrs old. please can i book appointment by myself (because of my age)and if so how do i do so. i went to the US embassy website and i saw somewhere dat says i shold book appointment and somewhere i am to fil a DS-160 please can someone explain to me the next step. my dad has paid the visa fee in GT Bank. please rgent response needed guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 25, 2015
jamesflaw:

i'm about filling my ds-160. assuming i don't have a functioning printer now, and i fill it, will i be able to come back another day and print it out
Sure!!

Just make sure you have or write your CONFIRMATION CODE down and go to "Retrieve Application" whenever you want to continue or print your confirmation page slip
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 25, 2015
warriboy21:
my chairmen
pls i just sent my new bank statement for i20 issuance today..pls how long does it normally take for schools to respond to send d i20..esp afta asking for new bank statement?
You too dey [warri] too much grin
Don't [warri], your i20 will be prepared and probably be sent this week,..And You fit get am next week.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 9:57pm On May 25, 2015
profojah:

Sure!!

Just make sure you have or write your CONFIRMATION CODE down and go to "Retrieve Application" whenever you want to continue or print your confirmation page slip
Is it the same number you will required when booking appointment. I don't want to dash another money againooo. Fail to fill in this number the system will automaticaly dash you another number that will not tily with the one on DS-160. shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bayocanny: 10:57pm On May 25, 2015
[quote author=cosxzbay post=34068470]Hello everybody, please any nairalander in University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) or resides around there.[/quozbate]
Contact idazbawz, he's in michigan Ann arbor to be precise

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 25, 2015
udeyokay:

Is it the same number you will required when booking appointment. I don't want to dash another money againooo. Fail to fill in this number the system will automaticaly dash you another number that will not tily with the one on DS-160. shocked shocked
Yes Bro, its the number you will use for booking an appointment....The Confirmation Code (AA00*******) that was generated for you during your initial application should be kept if you are yet to finish up with the filling of ds160.,.so when going back to complete the form, Click on "Retrieve application" enter your confirmation code and other security questions. Then start from when you stopped in previous application...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cosxzbay: 11:54pm On May 25, 2015
cosxzbay:
Hello everybody, please any nairalander in University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) or resides around there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by darkola: 1:58am On May 26, 2015
Hello everyone. I am new on this platform and I salute the quality of info that is being shared.
I was admitted into Indiana University of Pennsylvania for Spring 2015 (Safety Science MS) but was denied in December 2014 based on section 24b mostly like because I used my uncle as sponsor. I have deferred the admission and my dad will sponsor me this time. I would like to know if the basis for the initial denial will be revisited by the VO when i go in june for my interview. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Glocal1: 2:23am On May 26, 2015
bbdd:

You may not even be asked to produce it.
Guy work on your responses, boldness, confidence and body language and print whatever gre you have o.
Congrats bro, n enjoy ur scholarship. Did u do any MSc in Naija or u just applied with d B. Pharm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:00am On May 26, 2015
darkola:
Hello everyone. I am new on this platform and I salute the quality of info that is being shared.
I was admitted into Indiana University of Pennsylvania for Spring 2015 (Safety Science MS) but was denied in December 2014 based on section 24b mostly like because I used my uncle as sponsor. I have deferred the admission and my dad will sponsor me this time. I would like to know if the basis for the initial denial will be revisited by the VO when i go in june for my interview. Thanks
the uncle that you used, where does he reside? How are you sure it was the statement from your uncle? There is nothing wrong in your uncle sponsoring you in as much as you can give a cogent reasons why he is sponsoring you. Your previous case doesn't have any issue with the next. You can give your interview transcript

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:05am On May 26, 2015
darkola:

It is highly likely!
Be sure you have a good reason why your dad is now sponsoring you(it sounds like a stupid question, I know) but trust me you wana make sure you have a good reason that everyone will agree.
What you've been doing before your previous denial till this one is also crucial.
Rehearse, Rehearse and Rehearse your answers till you know it tooth and nail.
Pray and Fast too.

#Bless

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:11am On May 26, 2015
EdetMavo:
pls anyone in Rhode Island?

I'll be in Pawtucket, Rhode Island for summer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:13am On May 26, 2015
repsin:
Hi guys

See this man!
Where you go hide?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:19am On May 26, 2015
profojah:

Agent Agent Agent Agent....Agent of Darkness

LMFAO!
Serious Agent of destruction!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:23am On May 26, 2015
slimmy05:
don't fret, I did same, nothing happened. Go online and book your connecting flight if you're scared.

Don't be!
If you have done everything right nothing can go wrong.
...Student don't always arrive in the same city their school is.
I didn't arrive in the city my school was... although I arrived in the same state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:24am On May 26, 2015
pcbo:
Just found out ,there is no US immigration in Dubai ,it is only in Abu Dhabi ,which offer pre clearance and since it is new ,they are very ultra strict

What are they even doing in Abu Dhabi?
Do they have jurisdiction?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:27am On May 26, 2015
slimmy05:
you guys should stop dashing this US embassy free money unnecessarily. Apply to a better school and a good course, when you get here, you can go and study horticulture or Appalachia

Hahaahahahaahahahah...serios horticulture in Appalachia.
...for the record,i have friend that arrived last week to the US with a CO i-20. Had his interview at abuja though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:31am On May 26, 2015
onuawuchi:
I just received an offer of scholarship of a (meager) sum of $4k. I want to know if it's really worth mentioning during visa interview, since I can show my sponsor is able to take care of the full cost of my education?

$4000 is not meagre.
I take God beg you!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2015
DeeTus:
Up to 3 months is also cool.

Sorry. How should i address you? Lol. Is Sir okay for you?

LMAO
Una get wahala!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:52am On May 26, 2015
Walspring:

public school or public toilet or public transportation or public marketing

gringringringringringringrin

check my previous post i posted 3 schools there.

LMAO!
All dis blud dat ya sharing!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 6:56am On May 26, 2015
Glocal1:
Congrats bro, n enjoy ur scholarship. Did u do any MSc in Naija or u just applied with d B. Pharm?

Bpharm oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:06am On May 26, 2015
jamesflaw:

Aside from what Profojah posted, you can save it on your computer with pdf file and you print it later.. Or you email the confirmation to your email address and print it from there later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:09am On May 26, 2015
kennyronny, Abeg call me, your number isn't going...pls very important
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2015
Boss, please reply my sister's mail..Thanks
bbdd:

Bpharm oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.