Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

My Dell Laptop Screen Flickers When On Battery. Any Solution? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Dell Laptop Screen Flickers When On Battery. Any Solution? (690 Views)

Replace Your Damaged Or Broken Laptop Screen Here At Cheap Price / My Laptop Screen Flickers. What May Be The Cause? / Laptop Shutting Down Without Warning On Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Dell Laptop Screen Flickers When On Battery. Any Solution? by miracle4(m): 10:27am On May 13, 2015
I got a 9 cell battery recently which seems to have messed up my PC.

When I inserted the battery and charge to 100%, I removed it to see how long it is going to last on battery, the laptop worked fine for some minutes but had the screen flickering after a while.

I turned off the PC and ran on battery again, the issue repeated itself, I thought it could be an issue with the drivers - so I updated all my drivers mostly battery and graphics related ones without success.

Now I figured the issue can't be with the drivers because the screen flickers when left on bios windows or even when the PC is cold-booting - The worst of it all is that the laptop now behaves this way when I insert the old battery which wasn't the case when I was troubleshooting the issue initially.

Now I'm lost because new battery might not be the solution. How can possibly resolve this issue? Any positive suggestions?

See video for this issue at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ZZEcRnkqQ

(1) (Reply)

Should I Get A New Laptop Or Change The Board Of My 5 Year Old Laptop? / I Need A Laptop That Can Run 16GB RAM Or Above. Anyone Wt Experience In This? / A London Used Dell Inspiron 6000 Is For Sale At #23,000(negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.