Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice (64512 Views)

Swift 4g Lte Data Usage / Swift 4g Lte Very Sloww / Queen Kong Is Here By Kezy Swift - (king Kong Cover) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by TayoDIGITAL: 11:05am On May 13, 2015
Good day guys,

Please i am looking for a reliable and cost effective ISP for my company. i have done a little research and came about Spectranet, SMILE and SWIFT 4G LTE.

Now i need those who have actually used any of these to give me experiences....i need reliable information please since i am loooking at a 12 months subscription. Thanks as you contribute.

You as well as well suggest other reliable ones that are cost effective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by dawnomike(m): 11:56am On May 13, 2015
For high speed that is reliable but kinda costly----- choose smile
For cheaper 4G moderate speed----- choose spectranet
For an unreliable network tht u will hv to call d network office to sometimes fix---- choose Swift
Note: dis is myv opinion which may not not be generally valid in ur location. grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by TayoDIGITAL: 12:20pm On May 13, 2015
dawnomike:
For an unreliable network tht u will hv to call d network office to sometimes fix---- choose Swift
Note: dis is myv opinion which may not not be generally valid in ur location. grin

Thanks @dawnomike....which of them do you make use of? and what city? thanks
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by dawnomike(m): 4:25pm On May 13, 2015
Smile network in the city of Ibadan, oyo state.
TayoDIGITAL:

Thanks @dawnomike....which of them do you make use of? and what city? thanks
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by 2baga(m): 6:51pm On May 14, 2015
I know SWIFT has a 60gig bundle for #25k monthly...... It has been satisfactory so far.

Never used any of the others tho

1 Like

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Rogbese(m): 5:06pm On May 17, 2015
dawnomike:

I'm sorry but you have not been objective in your assesment.

Swift has been VERY reliable and stable for me and I have not once called them in my nearly 3 years of using them. I use it in 3 locations in Lagos; Ogba, Surulere and Iju. it has worked flawlessly. Download speeds are phenomenal!

My neighbour uses swift and smile. He says the connection and speed is only good for him on the island with the Smile mifi. The only reason he bought the Smile mifi was because swift had sold out on their own nomad.

Spectranet I have not tried but I do hear a lot of dismal reviews about them. I'm thinking about buying their mifi and trying them out. I think they have a promo on for the mifi with 5gb for 12k

1 Like

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by TayoDIGITAL: 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
Thanks for your contribution
2baga:
I know SWIFT has a 60gig bundle for #25k monthly...... It has been satisfactory so far.

Never used any of the others tho
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by TayoDIGITAL: 9:34pm On May 17, 2015
Thanks too...I really appreciate....although I am yet to make choice
Rogbese:

Swift has been VERY reliable and stable for me and I have not once called them in my nearly 3 years of using them. I use it in 3 locations in Lagos; Ogba, Surulere and Iju. it has worked flawlessly. Download speeds are phenomenal!

My neighbour uses swift and smile. He says the connection and speed is only good for him on the island with the Smile mifi. The only reason he bought the Smile mifi was because swift had sold out on their own nomad.

Spectranet I have not tried but I do hear a lot of dismal reviews about them. I'm thinking about buying their mifi and trying them out. I think they have a promo on for the mifi with 5gb for 12k
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by DukeNija(m): 12:11am On Jul 14, 2015
Rogbese:

Dont ever buy spectranet. Worst network ever. coming from someone who made d terrible mistake. Smile is far better

1 Like

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Rogbese(m): 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
DukeNija:

Dont ever buy spectranet. Worst network ever. coming from someone who made d terrible mistake. Smile is far better

It's funny you say this as I have been using spectranet now for the past 3 months and their service is EXCELLENT. I live in Iju and work in Surulere and the speed is BLAZING fast.

I stream youtube at upto 720p without buffering so I don't see them as being as bad as you say!
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by bily(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
Rogbese:

It's funny you say this as I have been using spectranet now for the past 3 months and their service is EXCELLENT. I live in Iju and work in Surulere and the speed is BLAZING fast.

I stream youtube at upto 720p without buffering so I don't see them as being as bad as you say!

Since you're using both or you've recently used both, which do you prefer between swift and spectranet? What are their respective pros and cons?

I'm currently using swift and was thinking of getting spectranet, but the reviews are scary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Rogbese(m): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
bily:

Since you're using both or you've recently used both, which do you prefer between swift and spectranet? What are their respective pros and cons?

I'm currently using swift and was thinking of getting spectranet, but the reviews are scary

So far, Spectranet has been FANTASTIC. Even when the first mifi sold to me went bad, they replaced it immediately for me. No questions asked. As of today Saturday 18th, I still have 4gb left over and it will expire on monday 20th!

I have read a lot of discouraging reviews about spectranet but honestly I have found the reverse to be the case. Like I said before, I stream upto 720p youtube videos with no buffering.
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Ejayla: 9:29am On Jul 27, 2015
I hope you've made a choice by now. But if you've not, I would like to contribute here that in my own opinion, the three broadband internet service providers are awesome because I've used all three. The problem only happens to be with the location of the users. Just as it is the case with our mobile networks in Nigeria. But so far I enjoyed smile the most, probably because the customer base is yet to expand since its the most recent of all three.

3 Likes

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Rogbese(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2015
Ejayla:
I hope you've made a choice by now. But if you've not, I would like to contribute here that in my own opinion, the three broadband internet service providers are awesome because I've used all three. The problem only happens to be with the location of the users. Just as it is the case with our mobile networks in Nigeria. But so far I enjoyed smile the most, probably because the customer base is yet to expand since its the most recent of all three.

Very well said! Location matters. Etisalat data, for example, is great for me in Iju but very bad in Surulere. Spectranet is off the chain in Iju but I get only one bar in Surulere.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by vickifeanyi47(m): 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
How many mb would I get when I recharge 2000 on swift 4G broadband?
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Rogbese(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
vickifeanyi47:
How many mb would I get when I recharge 2000 on swift 4G broadband?

Go to their website and check!

1 Like

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by hotmolo(m): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2015
my office uses smile. quite reliable
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by domack99(m): 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
I have smile for sale if you are interested,

This all depend on location, i will advice you go for swift if you can confirm that the network is reliable in your locality, i have used both smile and swift (Aguda Surulere Location) and sincerely i see no much difference, smile seems to do well when downloaded from torrent sites and co but streaming youtube seems to be poor compare to Swift.

I download a lot, with Smile i can download a data of 1.5Gb under 15 minutes and same date size under 25 minutes using swift, but smile data plan is expensive, smile offer 5.5Gb for N5000 while Swift offer 14Gb for N7000. Swift also do a lot of bonanza and promo.

Let to me, if swift or spectranet are good in your locality i will advise you go for them, they are all 4G LTE

3 Likes

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by SmileBelo(m): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2015
I want to choose either of the providers, but I also know location can define a lot. Which of them will work effectively at Jakanda, just by the round about. Smile or Spectranet or Swift...
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by JSayin(f): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2015
Hello everyone. The answers I read here are very helpful but please, I do not want to throw money down the drain so I need advice.

Is there anyone who knows whether Swift/Spectranet/Smile is best for someone living towards VGC/Ajah?

I want to go for Spectranet because of the offer they have on free GB if you purchase a modem and the fact that they offer rollover but I do not know their network coverage and the nearest office seems to be in VI.

I know one or two people towards this access who are using Swift (which has an office at Igbo Efon) but they are not heavy internet users and they are fine with what they are getting.

I use Visafone 10GB N6,000 but I have noticed they 'chop' my money every two weeks. It's no longer convenient for me. Please help your sister with info.
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Rogbese(m): 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
I have gone as far as Chevron with my spectranet and it worked. Your best bet would be to call each provider and ask where their coverage reaches.
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by java002: 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
JSayin:
Hello everyone. The answers I read here are very helpful but please, I do not want to throw money down the drain so I need advice.

Is there anyone who knows whether Swift/Spectranet/Smile is best for someone living towards VGC/Ajah?

I want to go for Spectranet because of the offer they have on free GB if you purchase a modem and the fact that they offer rollover but I do not know their network coverage and the nearest office seems to be in VI.

I know one or two people towards this access who are using Swift (which has an office at Igbo Efon) but they are not heavy internet users and they are fine with what they are getting.

I use Visafone 10GB N6,000 but I have noticed they 'chop' my money every two weeks. It's no longer convenient for me. Please help your sister with info.

I tried Spectranet in June 2015 and it did not work in my area and they returned my money both for the device and data though it took some month. However you can get in touch with them and ask them to send an engineer to your house to test before you make a purchase which i did not do. If the device does not work they will send an engineer to your house to confirm that the device did not work and only then will you be entitled to a refund.

Two different engineers came to my house one came to test the nomad and the other the modem but neither worked. The second time i literally went to their office to drag an engineer to my house after i got in touch with the MD at the branch. Hope this help a sister if you are still in need of this info.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by ooduque(m): 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
In case you're yet to make your choice. I have a SWIFT MiFi (Nomad) modem, for sale at an affordable price

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Rogbese(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
Spectranet rules! 720p and sometimes 1080p with no buffering.
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Toelu(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
how much?

ooduque:
In case you're yet to make your choice. I have a SWIFT MiFi (Nomad) modem, for sale at an affordable price
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Amy4eva: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Spectranet can simply be described as '' rogues''. They have started practising their fraudulent practices by increasing the rate of data depletion.This was noticed when we had a meeting on Friday,15th Jan,16 and our laptops were idle, the data depleted by 6G and when we complained, the rate of depletion decreased..Under NO circumstances should anyone think of using Spectranet as their ISP.
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Rogbese(m): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Amy4eva:
Spectranet can simply be described as '' rogues''. They have started practising their fraudulent practices by increasing the rate of data depletion.This was noticed when we had a meeting on Friday,15th Jan,16 and our laptops were idle, the data depleted by 6G and when we complained, the rate of depletion decreased..Under NO circumstances should anyone think of using Spectranet as their ISP.

Hmmm.... I must say I have had a FAR BETTER experience with them.

They have been spot on with data consumption on my side and I monitor my data usage VERY CLOSELY.
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by xkizer: 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Amy4eva:

Check what is eating your data. It's a common occurrence for staff to give out wifi passwords to close friends, who in turn give it out to their own close friends. Someone may be using your wifi while you were away.

Secondly, a staff of your company may be playing foul. In my work place, some people start downloading all their torrents and movies once they connect to the office network. Someone among you may have been using the data without the knowledge of the rest.

Spectranet provides a basic rundown of browsing sessions on their selfcare portal.

While not the nest network out there, Spectranet has been very good for me (Swift was way better). Though my Swift is a lot more stable than Spectranet (I think Swift has stronger network coverage), Spectranet has a higher spike speed, sometimes reaching speeds of 2.3MB/s, which is amazing really, considering the competition. Spectranet is also WAAAAAY cheaper than the rest. I am on 50GB plan (14,500 naira).

We use Smile and Swift at the office. Swift seems better at my home (Badore) than at the office (Ikota/VGC). This is possibly because of network congestion inside Ikota, as more than 3000 businesses are there.

We have had all manner of problems with Smile at the office, to the extent we now call it "frown". A lot of times it picks and chooses websites it will open, and blatantly refuse to open other. We are a tech company, we use lots of network tools, and Smile seems to block lots of network ports. Port 22 (SSH), 21 (FTP), and a host of others. We end up switching to our personal networks whenever we need to do any SSH-related stuff (git, etc).

Also, Etisalat, MTN, Glo and Airtel are cheaper than Smile. For a dedicated ISP, Smile is TOOO costly. For the price of 20GB on Smile, I can get 50GB on Spectranet and have some change. Even the price of 3GB on Smile can buy you 4.5GB on MTN. It doesn't make sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
Spectranet is good and i have been using them for up to a year without issues. i will dump them for swift because of their recent nearly 90% increase.
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by toyin80: 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
dawnomike:

I have to agree with you in this. I haven't tried Smile but have used Swift and Spectranet. I got a Swift modem - the small ones you can carry about and it stopped working within months of purchase. I gave up on Swift after months of 'backing and forthing' trying to get it fixed at their office and stuck with GSM for my data needs. They eventually replaced the small mifi modem with a fixed router WHICH WOULD WORK FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN PACK UP. After more than five trips to their Alausa office and three router swaps within one month, I totally gave up on them. No issues with data speed - just that their fixed routers seem to lack durability.

Spectranet has been okay so far. They also just started offering the one thing that made Swift have an edge over them - free night browsing.
Re: Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice by Kaycee7(m): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Guys, please do any of these ISPs work in the east, specifically Enugu?
Rogbese:
Spectranet rules! 720p and sometimes 1080p with no buffering.
dawnomike:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Dies In Car Accident In Asaba, Three Days After His Wedding (Photos) / Big Snake Seen Inside A Toilet (WC) In Ekpoma, Edo State (pics/video) / Man Runs For His Life After Snake He Was Trying To Kill Aimed For His Joystick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.