Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

She Switched Her A.c On Always.. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / She Switched Her A.c On Always.. (28259 Views)

Skin Creams And Positive Effects Of Vitamin C On Our Skin / Is The Water Coming Out From An A/C Clean And Hygienic? / How The Use Of Car A/c Can Cause Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by VickyRotex(f): 8:55pm On May 13, 2015
eleko1:
Ok Nurse Vickyrotex.

Nurse ke??

angry cheesy
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by eleko1: 9:29pm On May 13, 2015
Nurse are beautiful undecided.
VickyRotex:

Nurse ke??
angry cheesy
sad
VickyRotex:

Nurse ke??
angry cheesy

1 Like

Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by VickyRotex(f): 9:41pm On May 13, 2015
eleko1:
Nurse are beautiful undecided. sad

Yes they are smiley

Forensics Expert are more beautiful tongue smiley
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by obstead200(m): 8:04am On May 14, 2015
[size=14pt]a lot of questions shud come to mind in dis case;
In what kind of facility did she give birth? How safe was her birthing process?
Was a comprehensive post natal check up made immediately after delivery?
How did she handle the pregnancy herself? Was she sickly and all that?
U see, a lot of infants die due to ailments that cud have been detected at birth and controlled. A lot of kids are born jaundiced and often require intensive post natal care.

My second son was an example. Thank God he is OK now
[/size]
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by daveP(m): 4:33pm On May 14, 2015
repogirl:
Ac doesn't kill babies, never heard of it. I have three and all three were spoilt rotten by AC. The last one sef is restless when there is no electricity.

Even if it were the AC, there should have been some form of sickness.

Did she sleep with the baby on same bed, hope she didn't smother the baby by mistake being a first time mother.

There are cases of babies dying in their sleep in bed, they call it cradle death or something like that, not sure now. There is no known cause yet, it could be becaus of positioning, maybe the baby wasn't getting enough air cos of its sleeping position.

Finally, lemme tell you the African way, I hope someone did not do something to the kid. You know as visitors and seeming well wishers come to greet the mother and child, not everyone has good intentions.

I never left my babies alone or unattended with any person without my mom watching and and made sure the kid is always fully clothed before they pinch here, rub something or insert something somewhere....I have heard stories.... Plus na prayer also o, I always commit them to God from infant even till now. I guard them jealously, because the heart of men is very wicked oooo!
african way!! Hmm.

It was a trend with the same outcome that's making me to feel it was the a.c 3/3 isnt a walk-over.

Good one though.
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by apatheticme(f): 7:27pm On May 15, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by LordReed(m): 8:15am On May 18, 2015
Lagusta:
Sudden infant death syndrome..

AC is not good for children under five years old, cos it predisposes them to respiratory infections, especially pneumonia...

Fanning the poor baby would've sufficed...

The baby might have also aspirated some mucus that built up because of the cold....

Anyway, God knows

Read this:

Air Conditioning Messes with Your Sleep

True. This one is true, but not in a bad way;
air-conditioning has actually been shown to
improve people’s sleeping habits. It has also
been shown to prevent SIDS (Sudden Infant
Death Syndrome)
among babies. The cooler you
are at night, the deeper you will sleep, and we
all know that the better you sleep, the healthier
you are.

www.horizonservicesinc.com/blog-posts/air-conditioning-services-2/does-your-air-conditioner-make-you-sick
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by Lagusta(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2015
LordReed:

Read this:

Air Conditioning Messes with Your Sleep

True. This one is true, but not in a bad way;
air-conditioning has actually been shown to
improve people’s sleeping habits. It has also
been shown to prevent SIDS (Sudden Infant
Death Syndrome)
among babies. The cooler you
are at night, the deeper you will sleep, and we
all know that the better you sleep, the healthier
you are.

www.horizonservicesinc.com/blog-posts/air-conditioning-services-2/does-your-air-conditioner-make-you-sick

Who wrote that article, is he/she a doctor

If its not a colleague I'm not buying it....

Moreover, with the old ACs we still have here in Nigeria, with their faulty filters, God knows what our babies have been sniffing in...

If you like, reduce the temperature to freezing levels and tuck in a baby close to it, wallahi e no concern me...
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On May 18, 2015
Lagusta:

Who wrote that article, is he/she a doctor

If its not a colleague I'm not buying it....

Moreover, with the old ACs we still have here in Nigeria, with their faulty filters, God knows what our babies have been sniffing in...

If you like, reduce the temperature to freezing levels and tuck in a baby close to it, wallahi e no concern me...

It is funny how people get so defensive when their ideas are challenged. What in my post requires this passive aggressive reply?

A quick Google fact check for ideal sleep temperatures for babies will tell you anywhere between 65°F to 75°F which is about 18°C to 24°C, please tell me which city in Nigeria gets this temperature level steadily especially during summer/rainy season.

People keep perpetuating myths and talk as if they are experts SMH.
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by Lagusta(m): 2:08pm On May 18, 2015
LordReed:

It is funny how people get so defensive when their ideas are challenged. What in my post requires this passive aggressive reply?

A quick Google fact check for ideal sleep temperatures for babies will tell you anywhere between 65°F to 75°F which is about 18°C to 24°C, please tell me which city in Nigeria gets this temperature level steadily especially during summer/rainy season.

People keep perpetuating myths and talk as if they are experts SMH.

Lord reed....

I know u very well from the phones section, and I respect you a lot

If my previous reply was a tad insultive or agressive, I'm sorry

Now let me tell you some facts

1) google is not a doctor, and if you believe he/she/it is one, then please, ask him/her/it for a dose of pep pills....

2) the USA has two basic climate zones; the temperate zone and the warmer "tropical" zones... So how does your temperature range apply to those babies havestaying in Miami, phoenix and Houston

3) moreover, they would surely use newer air conditioners with better filters and climate control technology, not those dirty mechanical stuff that likes blowing all sorts of dusts to poor lads...

4) I know I'm not an expert, but I'll surely tell the truth, even if its bitter...

Well, that's that for now....
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by LordReed(m): 3:23pm On May 18, 2015
Lagusta:

Lord reed....

I know u very well from the phones section, and I respect you a lot

If my previous reply was a tad insultive or agressive, I'm sorry

Apology accepted.

Now let me tell you some facts

1) google is not a doctor, and if you believe he/she/it is one, then please, ask him/her/it for a dose of pep pills....

LoL I am really amazed you'd post this. Is it that you don't know how the Internet works or are you trying to be sarcastic?

2) the USA has two basic climate zones; the temperate zone and the warmer "tropical" zones... So how does your temperature range apply to those babies havestaying in Miami, phoenix and Houston

Funny again. They told you people in those places do not use air conditioning?

3) moreover, they would surely use newer air conditioners with better filters and climate control technology, not those dirty mechanical stuff that likes blowing all sorts of dusts to poor lads...

This is just like saying the only vehicles on the road are rickety danfos or maybe you are accusing Samsung, LG, Thermacool, Panasonic, Beko, etc of selling substandard products that don't have proper filters and climate control.

4) I know I'm not an expert, but I'll surely tell the truth, even if its bitter...

Well, that's that for now....

I have no problem with the truth but anecdotes dressed up as science will be challenged.
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by Lagusta(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2015
LordReed:

This is just like saying the only vehicles on the road are rickety danfos or maybe you are accusing Samsung, LG, Thermacool, Panasonic, Beko, etc of selling substandard products that don't have proper filters and climate control.

What I am trying to say is, the air conditioners here in Nigeria are the terribly old ones, where their radiators, filters, and even the air vents are so dirty and dusty, and the AC would blow the dust into the air, and it will circulate so that adults, children and babies would inhale the dust, bacteria, etc....

Nice chatting with you bro
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by LordReed(m): 12:36pm On May 19, 2015
Lagusta:

What I am trying to say is, the air conditioners here in Nigeria are the terribly old ones, where their radiators, filters, and even the air vents are so dirty and dusty, and the AC would blow the dust into the air, and it will circulate so that adults, children and babies would inhale the dust, bacteria, etc....

Nice chatting with you bro

You are still making a fallacy of generalisation. Is every AC in Nigeria a terrible one? And again how will an AC that is not a terrible one lead to SIDS?

Same here.
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by cecegorz(m): 1:12pm On May 20, 2015
While it is possible that AC induced cold can be fatal, even to adults. Only a confirmed autopsy report can factually determine the cause of death.
I have it on good authority that AC is good for babies. But then, AC temperature control runs from 16 to about 30 degrees celsius, you need to regulate it appropriately to avoid freezing to death.
There are some nights when I'll wake up to urinate and discover my body temp has dropped badly, and I'll have to increase to 20 degrees up from 16.
Another mistake people make, even you find it in some hotels, is mounting the AC to face the bed directly, this is dangerous as it can lead to freezing if you're not properly covered in thick duvet.
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by mencade5(m): 9:13pm On May 24, 2015
daveP:
african way!! Hmm.

It was a trend with the same outcome that's making me to feel it was the a.c 3/3 isnt a walk-over.

Good one though.
wetin u cook? tongue
Re: She Switched Her A.c On Always.. by daveP(m): 5:20pm On May 25, 2015
mencade5:
wetin u cook? tongue
wetin "revive" you?

You be undertaker? Where, when and how, which area?

grin oga na you mustu resume cos that long break of silence..... You need to catch up. Welcome back to diced salmon republic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China / Helpless Accident Victim At National Hospital Abuja / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.