Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,038 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:53 AM

Journey To The Left Of My East. A Short Poem. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Journey To The Left Of My East. A Short Poem. (698 Views)

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / MY JOURNEY TO Eko(lagos). Part1 Episode 1 Story By Kelly9ice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journey To The Left Of My East. A Short Poem. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:37pm On May 13, 2015
This is a fictional poem.

I woke up and the sun was shinning brightly but only half visible on the horizon.
I started moving in the direction of false hope and my shadow was leading the way.
The farther I go the nearer my shadow approaches.
I know that darkness awaits me at the end on the day.
Finally I arrived and a simple look filled me with despair.
Surrounded by laziness, dirt and rusting metal, my whole body rejected my surrounding.
Met a fighter with marks showing the "bravery" of conquest of wild beasts and asked for kindness for a weary traveller.
The fighter said he has land to sell.
I had no money so I gave the fighter the content of my bag.
He said he had never seen such fine ornament and exchanged it for his land and some money.
The fighter sent me to a bush surrounded by lagoons and told me that's the land I bought.
The fighter also gave me 20 shillings.
I was grateful and put the cash to work.
Soon 20 became 21, 21 became 25, 25 became 45, 45 became 70, 70 became 115, 115 became 190, 190 ... ... became 23485579410.
I put up wall to defend myself.
I cleaned up the mess around me.
My metal did not rust.
The fighter came to visit me. I received him warmly. Offered him colanut and fine wine. The fighter said he's my host and that the time has come for me to leave his land.
Fighter said my house is better than his.
Host he is but my metal is not rusted.
Host he is but a visitor outdoes him.
My host, dear fighter, did we not have a deal?
Did I not pay for the land?
Did you not give me 20 shillings extra as I overpaid with the prized ornaments of my ancestors?
My host please do not be a cheat.
Please wake up and work.
Do not backstab me oh host of hosts.
Have I not turned your lagoon to liveable land oh host?
Have I not built your roads, oh host?
Have I complained about your laziness oh host?
My host, please it is too late to evict me.
My host there are fertile lands elsewhere, please go and make yourself useful.

1 Like

Re: Journey To The Left Of My East. A Short Poem. by alnino94(m): 5:24pm On May 13, 2015
nice
Re: Journey To The Left Of My East. A Short Poem. by drtwist(m): 5:44pm On May 13, 2015
nice work from you but the message was not well defined
Re: Journey To The Left Of My East. A Short Poem. by Ezemust: 2:25pm On May 19, 2015
Kai mallam
Re: Journey To The Left Of My East. A Short Poem. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:05pm On May 19, 2015
Ezemust:
Kai mallam

Ewu ohia. Na your uncle be mallam.

(1) (Reply)

Words To Avoid When Writing Formally / 100 Motivational Quotes / And She Became Invisible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.