Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47485 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by Bhuumhite(f): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2015
Touchmeder...u're jst too much,i love d way u make d story appear....u made it so real.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Paradise163(f): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2015
Touchmender it's been over 4 days that you were last seen online. Hope you're fine? Hope you're doing good? Just checking on you

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2015
Touchmeder, I miss you. Your updates too!
Re: The Cul De Sac by hopilo4life(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2015
@Touchmeder,thanks for ur regular update and the wonderful story.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
Thanks for your patience everyone. It's good to be back.

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
FORTY NINE

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
Later that weekend, Pearl found herself in front of a familiar house. She knocked at the gate until a young boy with pimple riddled face opened the gate ‘’how can I help you?’’ Dennis asked.

‘’I would like to speak with your mother’’ Pearl replied. She opened her mouth to say something else but she began to cry instead.

Dennis looked at her in pity but he was under strict instruction (from his father) and could not disobey so he started to lie ‘’I’m sorry but my mother is not around’’ he claimed.

‘’Please don’t say that because you know she is in. I’ve been coming around since she arrived. Please just tell her I am at the gate’’

Dennis opened his mouth to say something but a voice yelled from inside the house ‘’Dennis who is it?’’ Professor Buwa asked.

‘’It’s the woman selling akamu’’ Dennis lied.

‘’Don’t waste time diddling around; you know your mother bought some yesterday''

''Really? I didn’t know oh''

''Please come in, your mum has been calling your name’’

Then pearl reached out and touched Dennis fingers through the open gap ‘’help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeee’’ she begged.

Immediately he flinched and stepped back ''I'm sorry ma but I must go'' Dennis replied. It looked like he wanted to help her but he had not say in the matter.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
‘’Again?’’ Nogie asked in disbelief.

‘’Are you sure you spoke to her on my behalf?’’

‘’My sister, would I lie to you in this kind of condition? I spoke to Mrs Buwa and she assured me she would meet with you. She was reluctant at first but she finally caved in. I don’t know why she has done a 360 again’’

‘’Perhaps it's because prof was at home. I heard his voice from the gate’’

‘’Now you are talking; that could have been the reason. He usually goes to his club meeting by this time. I’m sure Mrs Buwa’s hands were tied. Please be patient, I will give her another call later this evening. I will fix another time for you and by God’s grace it will work out fine’’

''Please call her today not tomorrow and book another visit for me. Nogie, you are my only hope of reaching Mrs Buwa. I swear, I am clutching at straws here. My lawyer is speaking big grammar and running around but I'm not seeing the desired result. My in-laws call me virtually every day and I have nothing new to tell them. My husband has been away for over a month and the madness has refused to stop…''

''Hush now! Don’t give yourself HBP'' Nogie hissed. She held Pearl's hand and the woman continued to cry. In that moment, Pearl realized Nogie was her last hope. She never thought a day would come when she would need Nogie’s help like this. It was a good thing she remained casual with her regardless of how she felt about the nosey woman.

Nogie hugged her and kept whispering comforting words to her neighbour ‘’its okay mummy Ose'' she said. ''I have a good feeling it would end soon. That last time we prayed, I was convinced in my spirit it would end well’’

‘’Thank you so much Nogie. You have been a rock within these last few weeks. You may not know what you are doing but it’s a big deal to me. Only God can bless you for all you’ve done for my family’’

Then Nogie smiled at her and whispered ‘’its okay. What are neighbours for?’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
FIFTY

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
‘’Insomnia is a terrible thing and if it’s a real concern, we need to address it. You can't be swallowing medicine on your own. I don’t know who sold that drug to you the other time. You dad told me about it and…’’

‘’It’s okay. It’s in the past and I’m not doing it again. Can we stop talking about it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!’’

‘’Okay so would you like me to make Bournvita? That may help’’

Then Dennis smiled weakly and mouthed the word no. She looked at him for some seconds and decided it was time to leave the young man alone. As Mrs Buwa closed the door she heard him calling her again. She walked back into the room and sat by the side of his bed ‘’what is it son? I know you and I can tell something is eating you. Talk to me’’

Dennis sighed heavily and let out air from his mouth ‘’I think you need to see Dr Ebosele" he said. "She came again today and she was crying. I felt so sorry for her’’

‘’She could have spoken to me earlier. I met her once or twice after that incident. She came to this home to commiserate with me but she said nothing now it’s convenient for her to cry because her husband is in prison. At least she gets to see the man. What about me? What about us?’’

''Mummy what has happened has happened. It is only God that knows. It’s a pity she said nothing then. I’m sure it was fear. I just felt sorry for her. At the end of the day, no one can bring Maureen back. Locking her husband up is not the solution’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
When she got there, she opened it and a wry smile appeared at the corner of her mouth. She never thought about it but that could be the reason. Dennis’s room was directly overlooking the spot where Maureen lay that night. It gave an excellent view of the gate, road and even Chief Okao’s compound.

Was it possible Dennis might have seen something that night? She stared on for a long time until tears clouded her eyes. Then she wiped them with the back of her hands and moved away from the window.

She walked towards her son and sat by the edge of his bed. As she watched him, he continued to cry then she held his arm and whispered ‘’did you see her that night?’’

‘’Yes’’ he replied in a muffled tone.

‘’Did you see it when it happened?’’

‘’Yes’’

‘’Is there something you saw that I should know?’’

‘’Yes’’

‘’Don’t you think it’s time to talk son?’’

4 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
What did Dennis see on that night?
Re: The Cul De Sac by chrisviral(m): 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
I had to comment, please ride on, I can't sleep tonight if I don't know what Dennis saw shocked

Please please

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by eitsei(m): 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
watevr he saw just come n say it
Re: The Cul De Sac by Abuklaw(m): 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
p;ease tell us what dennis saw that night touchneder
Re: The Cul De Sac by gal10(f): 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
I knew it!!
Re: The Cul De Sac by labaski(f): 11:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
Na real wa ooo. thanks touchmeder
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 2:23am On Jul 03, 2015
O ga ooooooo! Nice one
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 2:24am On Jul 03, 2015
O ga ooooooo! Waiting patiently to know the bottled up words in Dennis mind. Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 7:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Jeruosobo saw and the devil himself felt pity for what he passed through afterwards, well I am not saying Dennis will experience the same but a ray of light is about to flash through all those happenings and it will make things transparent.
Re: The Cul De Sac by jrhymez: 8:36am On Jul 03, 2015
This touchmeder sabbi suspense oooooooo

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by ADUKKY(f): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2015
Touchmeder, abeg release me from this imprisonment biko embarassedTouchmeder, abeg release me from this imprisonment biko
Re: The Cul De Sac by may01(f): 11:13am On Jul 03, 2015
Touchmeder pls come and tell us what he saw oh
grin
Nice job dear, still following
Re: The Cul De Sac by OsoDupe(f): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
Uhmmmm, well well, it might be the other brother that pushed her sister, who knows.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by arabaribiti(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
This is very good I love the twist to the drama
Re: The Cul De Sac by Essyprity(f): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
He must have seen Maureen running out without looking. Hmmmmm
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mr Buwa may not be innocent afteralllipsrsealed.....He might just be using His children for sacrificelipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedtongue

Nor be mhi talk am ohundecided
Re: The Cul De Sac by Dahmum(f): 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
God please I dont want to develop a HBP on dis story.. ....aba!!! suspense want to killi mi.weldon @OP.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
jrhymez:
This touchmeder sabbi suspense oooooooo

Really? At the start of this story, someone actually said I should utilize suspense more so I decided to work harder at it. I take it i'm not doing badly ehn...

@everyone thanks. With this story, I feel I've been blessed with some of the best readers (very mature opinions) since I started writing on Nairaland literature session. I'm not sure why; perhaps its because the story made front page - dunno. Anyways as the story slowly grinds to a halt, I want to thank you all again. [s]Try not to be too excited cos I may just put you in suspense again tonight.[/s]
Re: The Cul De Sac by SULBELL(m): 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
What a twist. So full of suspense. Nice one touched

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

Selfless Desires / The Child Bride / Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.