Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ (35310 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2015
I decided to travel from Makurdi, Benue state to Portharcourt, Rivers State. Will be updating the house but my picture quality may be bad as am travelling with what I can easily forget incase of loss or we get robbed.

Ticket goes thus: #1,200 for 2nd class and #1900 for first class.

The first class is equipped with AC as I was told.

Also, insurance for both First class and Second class is #10.

5 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 13, 2015
pix or shut up

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2015
Its 22:56pm and we were told the train has left lafia, Nassarawa state.

2 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 11:06pm On May 13, 2015
From the information at my disposal, we are expected to arrive P/H between 3-4pm thursday.

Train leaves Portharcort to Makurdi enroute Khafanshan Tuesdays and Khafanshan-Portharcort Wednesday to arrive Thursday.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by akunjohn(m): 11:12pm On May 13, 2015
So,u no fit waka like D rest of dem?.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 11:14pm On May 13, 2015
rafhell:
pix or shut up
Train is yet to arrive.

16 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by bigtt76(f): 11:26pm On May 13, 2015
Nor be day one train coach we Jon and his boys de parade countriri during last election? grin sure say e go come? Area snap de departure hall make we see jaaaare

kelvin1191:

Train is yet to arrive.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 11:34pm On May 13, 2015
akunjohn:
So,u no fit waka like D rest of dem?.

Ehmmmm! The train ride is as good as walking/trekking. The only difference is that this one is not going to Abuja nor Otuoke. Maybe, am heading to Portharcort to do the following;

(1) Thank Amechi for providing the platform that CHANGED the parade.
(2) To show him some pictures of Monorail-Euro-standard- train that Akpabio just commissioned.

5 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 11:41pm On May 13, 2015
bigtt76:
Nor be day one train coach we Jon and his boys de parade countriri during last election? grin sure say e go come? Area snap de departure hall make we see jaaaare

Guy, departure hall is same as it was in the 70s only say they put tiles and rub paint for the wall. There is no light there now as NEPA carry Light. Same old building. Its raining an am not inside the hall. Dey feel myself for one joint close to Exclusive wine bar as today na Ladies night. So many girls waiting for ....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by DisGuy: 12:15am On May 14, 2015
pictures or .... you're still pricing street girls..

3 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 1:37am On May 14, 2015
From the Public address system, the train will arrive in less than 20min. The slow movement is as a result of rain fall.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 8:03am On May 14, 2015
The train don derail @ Utonkon. Left Makurdi 3am, arrived otukpo 06:15am and derail @ Utonkon @7:25am.

Cause, weak and old sleepers. Only the engine and first coach managed to pass before it all ended.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by bigtt76(f): 11:47am On May 14, 2015
Ha... are you serious? Hope no one hurt or die o! undecided

kelvin1191:
The train don derail @ Utonkon. Left Makurdi 3am, arrived otukpo 06:15am and derail @ Utonkon @7:25am.

Cause, weak and old sleepers. Only the engine and first coach managed to pass before it all ended.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2015
bigtt76:
Ha... are you serious? Hope no one hurt or die o! undecided

None! The driver was careful and on low gear
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 7:50pm On May 17, 2015
We are cleared to go now but will be on low gear as the drivers light is not bright

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by DisGuy: 9:06pm On May 17, 2015
Bros, you are still on this journey?? When Adamu has gone to sokoto and back home chopping Tuwo

9 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 1:39am On May 18, 2015
Hahahaha! Its fun. My wares are in the train. We arrive ENUGU 00:36am. We shall move tomorrow morning with ENUGU-PORTHARCORT passengers. Its fun!

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:47am On May 18, 2015
No pictures?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by suyamasta(m): 7:45am On May 19, 2015
Na pix i wan see o!
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 9:52am On May 22, 2015
First class coach from outside

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2015
Inside first class

7 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2015
More

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2015
First class is fully air conditioned

equipped with two cctv

And 240volt ac power supply

2 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by cityAdventures: 12:13pm On May 22, 2015
nice. two weeks after you started this journey, you finally show us pictures. but wait, you left makurdi on the 13th, and by 22nd, you are still in enugu? thats a 4 hour drive by road

13 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2015
cityAdventures:
nice. two weeks after you started this journey, you finally show us pictures. but wait, you left makurdi on the 13th, and by 22nd, you are still in enugu? thats a 4 hour drive by road

Nope! Am back to base since after selling my goods. I stopped to update since I couldn't upload pictures. Still having many pictures including the derailment and railing of the Loco but am finding it difficult to upload

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 4:01pm On May 22, 2015
The train derailed at Utonkom with the LOCO and three coaches affected

This rail bus brought workers from Enugu to rail the train and convey passengers to Enugu

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by DisGuy: 11:05pm On May 22, 2015
How market bros?

Thanks for the update, was beginning to get worried you got lost on the rails

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 1:27pm On May 23, 2015
Hahaha! StoppeD updating as pictures refused to upload. still have more pix but e no gree upload

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by okooloyun1(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2015
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by efilefun(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2015
Imagine what some people were celebrating... So from benue to rivers state took OP almost 3days, I wonder how many years it would take from benue to Lagos.

GEJ must return to otuoke from Abuja by train hopefully he should be home by June 30th mtchheeeeeeew

17 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driver Burnt As His Car Catches Fire While Transporting Gas Cylinders In Lagos / Four Die, Many Injured In Fatal Auto Crash In Delta / Pictures And Video From The Ibadan Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.