Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man (20493 Views)

Abusive Man Beats Wife, Wife's Fit Male Gym Buddies Beat Him Up Too In Revenge / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Kentrasso(f): 6:01pm On May 14, 2015
Cool
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by ayus7(m): 6:01pm On May 14, 2015
Na by force. He nor know say she nor dey educated b4 he mawi am. Just sayin!
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Helkayklassic(m): 6:02pm On May 14, 2015
With the trick i used, i still don't make front page...The poster above me also fall victim...Let me go back and read it very well, will come back to comment based on the topic.

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 14, 2015
Tallesty1:
Search for the emboldened in her post and you will see the kinda mindset some women go into marriage with.

She didn't lie cause I have experienced something similar.

They are more difficult to be manipulated, lied to, fooled or cheated on because they apply their skills, training, technology and savvy to the relationship.

Now you know why marriages these days suck.

These daughters are out to lie, fool, manipulate and cheat on their partners.

A lady once said to me.

Leo, I don't see this our relationship going anywhere because I can't date a guy that knows my every move. Someone that i can't deceive or lie to.

It is pathetic how some of them reason.
I can't deal meehn.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 14, 2015
jaybee3:
What happens when the wife is equally as Intelligent

Marriage/dating ought not to be a game IMO. The tenets of successful relationships are none other than honesty, integrity, caring and genuine love
Well said.

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 14, 2015
olaxco2f:
k
Helkayklassic:
Maczeelly:
Ok
adedam007:
G
Is it compulsory you must be on the first page?? It'll be better if you read through before posting what you posted up there.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 14, 2015
Woged2005:
How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life of An Educated professional Man

Sometime we ladies think it’s easy dating/marying an intelligent, educated professional. We easily get attracted to the power suits but forgetting we are dealing with people who will read and think 5 steps ahead of any step we take. They are more difficult to be manipulated, lied to, fooled or cheated on because they apply their skills, training, technology and savvy to the relationship. My hubby who’s an internet security expert shocked me one day when he logged in and showed me all my chats on Whatsapp and Facebook for the past one year. I was very embarrassed, and thanked God we have such a good rapport and I didn’t upload anything unbecoming. That day I learned that ‘delete’ does not mean ‘wipe’ in IT. grin

Here are some help to manage your educated professional man better:

1. Report Yourself: Just assume he knows or one day will find out everything you did or doing, especially if he is the technology savvy type. Therefore learn to either report yourself with humor or respect yourself before you are shocked like me. Never assume your chats are not being read. In IT it's called 'footprints'. There are software out there that can monitor ur IT footprints. Just let him know there's this faceless seriousness person u chat with sometime. It's better than being busted.

2.The talking ones are far better than the quiet ones. You have to understand that both are intelligent otherwise they won’t be where they are today. But we ladies are attracted to quiet, calm men during dates but we forget that back in the house that also means that you can never tell what he has in mind or what he’s thinking. I prefer those who talk. They are livelier and easier to predict. You know when there’s trouble or not.

3. Research your words carefully before you use them: What you think they mean may not mean what you think. They may also mean different things in different areas. It’s popular for girls in Nigeria to use the phrase ‘I need a break’ erroneously thinking it means they need to slow down the tempo of the relationship. In USA and elsewhere it’s a coded word to communicate you want to either end the relationship, or you want to start seeing other men. Once you use that phrase it’s difficult to come back again because it looks like you’ve gone to oil your grove and now want to come back. It’s always better to have a discussion on what you want in a relationship than using this borrowed phrases on smart people.

5. Don’t demand honesty rather demand respect. Honesty ends a relationship, it’s respect that keeps it going. There is no honest man in a relationship. Honest people are blunt people. 80% of ladies cannot handle blunt people except you want someone who will tell you bluntly one hot afternoon that you are smelling…LoL! Respect is being mindful what he does or doesn’t do in your presence and to your knowledge; being mindful how he addresses you when he’s upset. It’s respect that keeps a relationship going and not honesty. Stop harping on you want him to be honest. If he respects you other things will fall in.

6. Seek for happiness and not his wealth. People accumulate money hoping they can use it to buy happiness. If you have a very funny man who keeps you happy and makes you laugh for hours, you are getting the same feeling (if not better) that a wealthy man tries to get by drinking expensive wines with you, or taking you on a vacation to a beach island just to be happy for a moment. There are many things money can’t buy otherwise millionaires won’t be committing suicide. If a man can make you happy without spending, why cry for those who will spend to achieve same goal.

7. You can be tough and still be soft. Simply stop yelling and stop arguing with him. Let him yell, that’s what they do in soccer and football fields. Ladies don’t yell. Have your unique way to get his attention or communicate you are upset. Don’t just yell because your friend, Jane, yells. Be unique in certain ways by developing your own brand. I have the habit of sitting quietly at the corner of the couch or lying on the bed reading my bible or a novel when I want to let him know I’m upset. He gets the message and will almost, always come to sit or lie next to me. I achieve the same thing people who yell achieve.

8 Don’t drag your silent treatment. Don’t let it ever go beyond 4-6 hrs. The idea of silent treatment is to communicate your displeasure, once he gets the message end it. Some women have destroyed their relationships and marriages by prolonging ‘silent treatment’. When you create avoid you give room for another woman. Be careful.

9. Be Content: I laugh when ladies say they are independent women yet turn around to say they ended a relationship because a man was not giving them money. An independent woman works for her own money. Do you know that men who give ladies money don’t respect women? They don’t see ladies as partners rather they see themselves as the boss who needs to take care small or needy women. Gifts are ok ( I don’t care how expensive) but as long as you keep asking for transport fare, money to buy food and clothes you are needy and a servant to the boss; you will never get that respect you deserve.

10. Be versatile. Be current in your field and world events so you can converse intelligently. Pick up books and read so you can fit into professional and academic discussions. Some of our sisters are just lazy. Some have never opened a book to read for the past 2 years. I laughed when a lady who introduced herself as an English major kept mute all evening when we hung out with our men and their buddies. She looked like a village girl coming out for the first time because she didn’t know what to contribute to the discussions.

11. Don't give room to suspicion. Don't do things that can kill trust and the respect he has for you. Once the trust is dead, the relationship is either in trouble or over. Negotiate what you want. If you want to date non-exclusively till he marries you, discuss it that you don't wanna put all your eggs in one basket. He should make up his mind fast or allow you to have 'bench-warmers' (chikers). It's better than cheating, sneaking around and being creepy. When you get exposed, normally you lose respect and lose both men.

Please are you married and for how long?
Are these your words and opinion or you copied them from somewhere
All these rules and regulations
Makes marriage seem like a chore

10 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Helkayklassic(m): 6:12pm On May 14, 2015
iAmCharis:
Is it compulsory you must be on the first page?? It'll be better if you read through before posting what you posted up there.

Neither do u comment about what this post is all about too.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by dayosaurus(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2015
Tallesty1:
Search for the emboldened in her post and you will see the kinda mindset some women go into marriage with.

She didn't lie cause I have experienced something similar.

They are more difficult to be manipulated, lied to, fooled or cheated on because they apply their skills, training, technology and savvy to the relationship.

Now you know why marriages these days suck.

These daughters are out to lie, fool, manipulate and cheat on their partners.

A lady once said to me.

Leo, I don't see this our relationship going anywhere because I can't date a guy that knows my every move. Someone that i can't deceive or lie to.

It is pathetic how some of them reason.

Bruv.. You're on point!!!.... This was why my ex left
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by CzarChris(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2015
I never knew that ladies need a handbook on how to date(deceive] professionals....ha guys we are in trouble.
What's next? How to date a yahooboy? Or how an illiterate wealthy businessman should be handled? Either way we are in trouble guys. cry

2 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 14, 2015
Helkayklassic:

Neither [size=20pt]do u comment[/size] did you comment about what this post is all about too not relevant.
I don't usually do this but I've decided to take an exception with you.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Sunnymarc(m): 6:19pm On May 14, 2015
Seriously? From your research here,its hard to believe you are a 21st century woman...this is the best post have read from a woman about relationships...you must be as intellectually savvy as your husband

2 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 14, 2015
Instead of all these rules and regulations with handouts
Give me a mumu with money let me manage him

5 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 14, 2015
why would you want to deceive,manipulate,cheat and lie to a man you claim to love?
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 14, 2015
CzarChris:
I never knew that ladies need a handbook on how to date(deceive] professionals....ha guys we are in trouble.
What's next? How to date a yahooboy? Or how an illiterate wealthy businessman should be handled? Either way we are in trouble guys. cry

Abi o
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by somegirl1: 6:26pm On May 14, 2015
jaybee3:

The few that I know all believe in the union called marriage
They are usually guided by words written in the holy books
They are strong advocate of total submission
Above all, it’s hard to notice manipulation when you are madly in love

BTW: Intelligent folks embraces the power of communication. I know it’s a different ball game to actively listen but at least they don’t play games as the OP is trying to make us believe. That’s the point I’m trying to make

Our interpretations of manipulation are different.
Yes, women love whole heartedly and some consciously allow the man to feel like he's manipulated/ manipulating them. They see it as a small price to pay for a need being met/ to be met i.e the security of marriage and having children in wedlock.

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by mayorbaron(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2015
awesome article jare.
but someone being a quiet type of guy doesn't mean he is boring to be with. like me, my rate of communication depends on who am with and where am at.

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by luckyz4rea(m): 6:31pm On May 14, 2015
I love this! If only ladies would prayerfully take this before God, He will even show them more besides all the points listed above! If you were the one that cooked this up, Woge, keep it up and even if it's not you, the fact that you brought such an excellent write-up here shows what's in your heart!
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Raxxye(m): 6:32pm On May 14, 2015
This OP lady is really intelligent!
Good writeup there!
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Kennybix(m): 6:33pm On May 14, 2015
I should share this with my girlfriend. Sometimes, i know what she is up to but i just keep quiet letting her to be the smart one. Two minutes with anyone's phone is enough to know everything you need to know

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by tpiadotcom: 6:39pm On May 14, 2015
Smh
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by bankai2015(f): 6:45pm On May 14, 2015
today, one mumu dey say she no fit date guy with bad English and she herself no fit write simple English,

THE foolish mod put am for front page

last upper week one woman/girl dey write list on how you go take differ boys from men in relationship, she just dey yan piss and mess.

THE SAME foolish mod put am for front page

now this one dey write how to take deceived men or marry educated men,

THE same foolish mod put am for front page,

if you understand the flow of life, you will understand that this world is in two dimension,

just find who is compatible with your nature, and everything will take care of itself,

the truth of the matter besay men na the most complicated human being on earth, you can't just understand them completely,

3 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Ewuro4: 6:55pm On May 14, 2015
Just accord me a well deserved respect and you'll get thesame back. Simple . Everybody will be happy.

I'm too old for all these relationships ABCs

3 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Ewuro4: 6:59pm On May 14, 2015
Many OP's points to counter but I'm lazy.

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by MizMyColi(f): 6:59pm On May 14, 2015
jaybee3:
What happens when the wife is equally as Intelligent

Marriage/dating ought not to be a game IMO. The tenets of successful relationships are none other than honesty, integrity, caring and genuine love

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by dubylhover(m): 7:01pm On May 14, 2015
lemme wait for all dose feminists pipo..by the way op,you nailed it. grin
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 14, 2015
" Do you know that men who give ladies money don’t respect women?" Says who?
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by bukatyne(f): 7:06pm On May 14, 2015
pretty050:
"Why do u think intelligent women allow themselves to be manipulated"

There are majorly two types of manipulation....

1. You know you are being manipulated However give in Anyways. You know the person's end game but still follow through. E.g.: Your dad probably knows you want something.when you start dancing awilo around him and giving him extra attention but he will still play along and give you What you want/need (If it is within his reach and he feels it is right). There is love in such manipulations with nobody feeling used.

2. You might or might not know you are being manipulated and you have no choice. It can be simply called emotional abuse.

Not all manipulation is bad and most intelligent ladies that allow themselves to be manipulated fall in no 1.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Donpizzle(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2015
@op,Talkin bout happiness, ladies dnt care hw funny u re.gals ain't loyal. If u lyk mke her laff frm nw to nxt yr, if she wan leave u she no go luk back.
BTW, hw can u evn mke her laff wen u hv no money...wen dere is money, anytin u say is funny. Buh if money no dey, if u lyk crack joke pass basket-mouth she no go laff. She fit jst help u wit smile.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by micronut(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:
hmmmmm
so u expect me to say NICE WRITE UP undecided
And what else do you call this? Thrash?? smh!

I reserve my comment. Good one @OP........its simply informative.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by abbey621(m): 7:30pm On May 14, 2015
All these one type fits all advice never works when it comes to the typical 9ja relationships. People often forget that intelligence is completely different from being smart. Some of the most intelligent people in the world are also the most manipulated, just because you know to recover Data from a computer or mobile device, doesn't mean you'll develop the initiative to do it. I've always preferred smart women to the intelligent ones because smart women are visionaries. The intelligent ones are not flexible, they operate solely on methodology and are often focused on rights and equality instead of fairness. While the smart ones are willing to compromise, they don't always aim for equality but fairness. They study their partner and realize that the best way to get him or her to do something is by appealing to their pathos (Emotional side). The truth is no matter how intelligent you think you are, you can still be manipulated.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / My Brothers Gambling Problem / Fire Kills Family Of 5 In Bauchi (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.