Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man (20492 Views)

Abusive Man Beats Wife, Wife's Fit Male Gym Buddies Beat Him Up Too In Revenge / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by damola1: 7:37pm On May 14, 2015
Respect for the poster
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by spiralwedge(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2015
woged2005 its a beautiful piece. GBU
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by glorex(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2015
nice one op.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by zynzyn(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2015
Wait O! I thought this thread will get 2 million views! wink
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by goodgood2(m): 7:48pm On May 14, 2015
Op, I no go lie, I gbadu your write-up. You're so spot on. I'm a silent guy and I like being alone. That part of me seems to scare the ladies around me. Speaking of being intellectually ahead of ladies, I put so much effort to equip myself- read books, watch movies, try complex maths, and THINK.

I once dated a very pretty lady. There was a huge gap between us and she didn't feel secure in the relationship. I seemed to know everything she did in the recent past, how she felt at a particular time, when she was lying, her likely actions after a particular incident... For her, she was my prisoner- and I behaved like a Psychologist who was using her to further his experiment, not like her lover. I understood her very well, read her the way I read medical books...Again, for her, it was more or less a psychological warfare, and I was miles ahead. She didn't like it. I pictured that she would not fit into my plans. I'm very ambitious and hardworking, while she's lazy and believes her looks and bottom can get her what she wants. I told her I was going to leave her, and I did. I liked her so much, and as a matter of fact, I still melt when I bump into her and nearly breakdown when she smiles at me; but I can't get back to her. Strangely enough, that hurts so much. While we were together, I tried to help her out, by way of encouraging her to read books, teaching her all kinds of stuff and engaging her in intellectual discourse. She didn't really welcome that. I want the world to know that I still love her, and that I'm hurt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 14, 2015
This thread reminds me of someone.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by hedonistic: 8:18pm On May 14, 2015
"Educated professional man" indeed. As if being a so-called "professional" makes one more enigmatic and worthy of more effort than other men. Interesting thread, but very ridiculous topic.

4 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Kimoni: 8:22pm On May 14, 2015
Woged2005:

Same thing, sweetheart - She is more difficult to be manipulated, lied to, fooled or cheated on because she applies her skills, training, technology and savvy to the relationship. Lying and manipulating an educated woman is outright insulting because when you do that you are questioning her intelligence and education. Mutual respect is the key. Respect her! An African adage says "it's respect that makes two dogs to lie down and roll for each other, not that they are afraid of a fight"

You know I kind of disagree with this...

Being book smart is entirely different from being street smart. There are two different skills altogether.

A lady who is street smart (and vice versa) will lie, fool, cheat and manipulate a guy who is only book smart and not street wise (vice versa).

One has to have both skills to detect a lying or cheating partner.

4 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Chinoble(f): 8:22pm On May 14, 2015
noted.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Ngokafor(f): 8:32pm On May 14, 2015
...I really dont get some points outlined by the op for the so called 'Educated Professional man'..

...so basically,its only the Educated Professional man that deserves respect and honesty from his partner or what? kiss..

..Number 6 is even more laughable...so silent treatmen is okay for the non-educated,non-professional man?...I am yet to wrap my head around that lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Ngokafor(f): 8:37pm On May 14, 2015
hedonistic:
"Educated professional man" indeed. As if being a so-called "professional" makes one more enigmatic and worthy of more effort than other men. Interesting thread, but very ridiculous topic.

..My points exactly...quite discriminating and unfair i must say.

...Educated Professional Man indeed!

..so the Educated and non professionals as well as the non-Educated and non-professionals should all take a hike....smh.

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Chubhie: 8:59pm On May 14, 2015
An educated scientific and spiritually gifted man is the most difficult man to fool with.

Nothing is hidden.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by InvertedHammer: 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
/
Nothing works in marriage.

Just assume that it is God's way of punishing you for all your sins, and you will be fine.

Not wealth, intelligence, aesthetics, etc. can make a good relationship because both parties will be coming from different backgrounds.

I never liked marriage. I think it is an emotional scam.
Well, unless you intention is to have children. That is the only unifying factor.
/

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by pythondjango(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2015
goodgood2:
Op, I no go lie, I gbadu your write-up. You're so spot on. I'm a silent guy and I like being alone. That part of me seems to scare the ladies around me. Speaking of being intellectually ahead of ladies, I put so much effort to equip myself- read books, watch movies, try complex maths, and THINK.

I once dated a very pretty lady. There was a huge gap between us and she didn't feel secure in the relationship. I seemed to know everything she did in the recent past, how she felt at a particular time, when she was lying, her likely actions after a particular incident... For her, she was my prisoner- and I behaved like a Psychologist who was using her to further his experiment, not like her lover. I understood her very well, read her the way I read medical books...Again, for her, it was more or less a psychological warfare, and I was miles ahead. She didn't like it. I pictured that she would not fit into my plans. I'm very ambitious and hardworking, while she's lazy and believes her looks and bottom can get her what she wants. I told her I was going to leave her, and I did. I liked her so much, and as a matter of fact, I still melt when I bump into her and nearly breakdown when she smiles at me; but I can't get back to her. And, that hurts me so much. While we were together, I tried to help her out, by way of encouraging her to read books, teaching her all kinds of stuff and engaging her in intellectual discourse. She didn't really welcome that. I want the world to know that I still love her, and that I'm hurt.
Hello my acquaintance, greetings! pls can i be your friend pls.And if possible, can we start talking soonest.I love books,i love being intellectually empowered and because of this line of interest, i humbly want to lean on you for intellectual schooling. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by scholarosisi(f): 10:12pm On May 14, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/

Just assume that it is God's way of punishing you for all your sins, and you will be fine.

Not wealth, intelligence, aesthetics, etc. can make a good relationship because both parties will be coming from different backgrounds.

Well, unless you intention is to have children. That is the only unifying factor.
/
can't stop laughing lord have mercy!

1 Like

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by cherish21(f): 12:15am On May 15, 2015
Nice 1, I do agree wit dis
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by yomide: 4:22am On May 15, 2015
Nice piece OP. God bless you
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by tpiadotcom: 4:24am On May 15, 2015
hedonistic:

where does one even start with, with nlers?
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by tpiadotcom: 4:25am On May 15, 2015
Ngokafor:

...I really dont get some points outlined by the op for the so called 'Educated Professional man'..

...so basically,its only the Educated Professional man that deserves respect and honesty from his partner or what? kiss..

..Number 6 is even more laughable...so silent treatmen is okay for the non-educated,non-professional man?...I am yet to wrap my head around that lipsrsealed

I think she has her subject matter confused with how to date and marry a celebrity/sportsperson/etc. She has the professions mixed up.

otherwise she'd know her thread is insulting.

although, I cant speak for IT people sha, since she specified an IT professional.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by castro316: 4:50am On May 15, 2015
Spaxon:
hmmmmm
so u expect me to say NICE WRITE UP undecided
Say the truth and shame the devil.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Spaxon(f): 4:56am On May 15, 2015
castro316:
Say the truth and shame the devil.
grin
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by uzoexcel(m): 7:01am On May 15, 2015
I think I understand..anyways I'm in a new relationship with one nw...wat program does she like watching, and its 'kim phucking kardashian'
She doesn't like reading books or novels...why don't people luv reading novels
Sometimes I wonder how imma explain d intricacies of a robert ludlum novel or the insights ted dekker provides in his books..

Oh yes,I'm an ICT professional,specifically wireless communications systems..I dnt even v d nerve to talk abt my field with her..she may jst sleep offf and na dat one go kimme

I'm still gettin to knw her though cheesy

goodgood2:

I once dated a very pretty lady. There was a huge gap between us and she didn't feel secure in the relationship. I seemed to know everything she did in the recent past, how she felt at a particular time, when she was lying, her likely actions after a particular incident... For her, she was my prisoner- and I behaved like a Psychologist who was using her to further his experiment, not like her lover. I understood her very well, read her the way I read medical books...Again, for her, it was more or less a psychological warfare, and I was miles ahead. She didn't like it. I pictured that she would not fit into my plans. I'm very ambitious and hardworking, while she's lazy and believes her looks and bottom can get her what she wants. I told her I was going to leave her, and I did. I liked her so much, and as a matter of fact, I still melt when I bump into her and nearly breakdown when she smiles at me; but I can't get back to her. And, that hurts me so much. While we were together, I tried to help her out, by way of encouraging her to read books, teaching her all kinds of stuff and engaging her in intellectual discourse. She didn't really welcome that. I want the world to know that I still love her, and that I'm hurt.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by uzoexcel(m): 7:03am On May 15, 2015
Add me to ur club

**i hope there's no discrimination against a confused atheist/agnostic
pythondjango:
Hello my acquaintance, greetings! pls can i be your friend pls.And if possible, can we start talking soonest.I love books,i love being intellectually empowered and because of this line of interest, i humbly want to lean on you for intellectual schooling. Thanks.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 7:37am On May 15, 2015
uzoexcel:

I think I understand..anyways I'm in a new relationship with one nw...wat program does she like watching, and its 'kim phucking kardashian'
Sometimes I wonder how imma explain d intricacies of a robert ludlum novel or the insights ted dekker provides in his books..

Oh yes,I'm an ICT professional,specifically wireless communications systems..I dnt even v d nerve to talk abt my field with her..she may jst sleep offf and na dat one go kimme

cheesy cheesy
I can't imagine dating someone who doesn't like reading books at all.

Why don't you ask her about books, or what books she finds interesting?
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 7:51am On May 15, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/

/

grin
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by goodgood2(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2015
She's a Nollywood freak- and you know what N'freaks can't do without: gisting, gossip and chatting on social media, especially Whattsup, BB and FB.
uzoexcel:

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by goodgood2(m): 9:47am On May 15, 2015
goodgood2:

I once dated a very pretty lady. There was a huge gap between us and she didn't feel secure in the relationship. I seemed to know everything she did in the recent past, how she felt at a particular time, when she was lying, her likely actions after a particular incident... For her, she was my prisoner- and I behaved like a Psychologist who was using her to further his experiment, not like her lover. I understood her very well, read her the way I read medical books...Again, for her, it was more or less a psychological warfare, and I was miles ahead. She didn't like it. I pictured that she would not fit into my plans. I'm very ambitious and hardworking, while she's lazy and believes her looks and bottom can get her what she wants. I told her I was going to leave her, and I did. I liked her so much, and as a matter of fact, I still melt when I bump into her and nearly breakdown when she smiles at me; but I can't get back to her. Strangely enough, that hurts me so much. While we were together, I tried to help her out, by way of encouraging her to read books, teaching her all kinds of stuff and engaging her in intellectual discourse. She didn't really welcome that. I want the world to know that I still love her, and that I'm hurt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by uzoexcel(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2015
She said 'I dnt like readin books'.. sad
In her words, 'all this borin things u r readin sef,wat do u even use dem for'.

Joavid:

cheesy cheesy
I can't imagine dating someone who doesn't like reading books at all.

Why don't you ask her about books, or what books she finds interesting?
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by bukatyne(f): 12:21pm On May 15, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/

/

Well then, if you want to get married... ensure you do not sin a lot so you are punished hard tongue
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 15, 2015
uzoexcel:
She said 'I dnt like readin books'.. sad
In her words, 'all this borin things u r readin sef,wat do u even use dem for'.

What do you have in common? I mean, something must have attracted you to her.

You are agnostic, avid reader, tech/science guy and you seem like a very quiet person.

When you prefer to watch NatGeo or discovery channel, she wants to watch E! Or fashion TV.
When you want to watch a sci-fi movie, she wants a comedy.

You can't have the type of conversation you would like to have with her cos you fear she would doze off.

I guessing she must be a wonderful cook, no?

Sorry, if it seems am psychoanalysing your relationship but....
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by chibic(m): 3:43pm On May 15, 2015
Woged2005:

5. Don’t demand honesty rather demand respect. Honesty ends a relationship, it’s respect that keeps it going. There is no honest man in a relationship.
this is a very dumb assertion!

You should have just said " no human is honest in a relationship" because women are the most trickish and dishonest, sneaky and never wants their men to know their moves whilst they'll be monitoring their men's every move. Use yourself as an example...where you honest in your marriage when you were busy flirting with other men in social media until your hubby busted you?

Tallesty1:

Leo, I don't see this our relationship going anywhere because I can't date a guy that knows my every move. Someone that i can't deceive or lie to.

It is pathetic how some of them reason.
this is what I'm talking about. They will want to freely jump from one man to another. Flirting is like a food to their souls. But they wouldn't want you to do the same. They'll accuse you first to cover their tracks, they'll monitor you all the time but they'll want you to be their mumu who doesn't know about their dirts. They always want to eat their cake and have it.
Re: How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man by uzoexcel(m): 4:50pm On May 15, 2015
Lol....its a new relationship...I'm still in dat heart thumping,pulse racing, fingers tingling, stage;those feelings can't be quantified cheesy...and I really do luv her.. sad

Of course the scales may/will soon fall out...but till then,happy jonzing cool cheesy

Joavid:

What do you have in common? I mean, something must have attracted you to her.

You are agnostic, avid reader, tech/science guy and you seem like a very quiet person.

When you prefer to watch NatGeo or discovery channel, she wants to watch E! Or fashion TV.
When you want to watch a sci-fi movie, she wants a comedy.

You can't have the type of conversation you would like to have with her cos you fear she would doze off.

I guessing she must be a wonderful cook, no?

Sorry, if it seems am psychoanalysing your relationship but....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Debunks Reports That Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Are False / Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / My Brothers Gambling Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.