Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. (39397 Views)

HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD / Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by MKO4ever(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2015
over 90% of the banks in the country will not accept HND in their graduate trainee program. these same set of banks will also not accept anything less than 2.1 from BSc
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by BUSHHUNTER: 1:36pm On May 14, 2015
bia neba which experience do you have OP ? You know nothing about job market
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Jagabanthelion: 1:41pm On May 14, 2015
olaolu39:
With my experience so far in the job market, it is not a new thing that the opportunities created for an HND holder are getting wider than B.Sc holder who's got below a Upper second class.

Reason:
Many companies do not see a reason why they'd hire a graduate with high cost incurred when HND holders are there to give them a cost minimizing effort, more so a 2.2 graduate may not do any better.

Nowadays, Companies are found of hiring a contract staff whom HND holders are only invited/suitable, leaving behind the so called University graduates.

Somebody asked, 'why am I clamouring about having a University education in the first place??'

The truth:
1. There's always be 2.2 products no matter how.

2. Opportunities can be created with whatsoever qualifications you've got.

3. There is a job for everybody.

4. There is always a time for everybody's career breakthrough.

5. If with your certificate you are still stagnant, you may end up not getting a suiting job forever, no matter your qualification and grade.

6. If you have a 2.2 grade and people tell you how unlucky you would be in the job market and you believe them instead of devising your own strategy, it can even kill your own morale of achieving and aiming high.

Lesson:
1. If you are still in school, and people tell you it's not about grade, but people you know, and you believe them, I guess you might end up joining the groups of unemployed/under employed citizens.

2. You had better start thinking of how practicable your course can become when you graduate.

3. If you are a serving corps member and you are swayed away by the activities of NYSC, and not life afterwards, I pity you. The truth is that by the time you finish and just starting, you might end up frustrated, unlike if you start scouting as a corper, you won't be under any pressure.

......Tip of the iceberg by PstLao.

Expect more...My thought and findings

Y the unnecessary attack on 2.2 graduates? This post is just full of rubbish. Do u knw the number of first class n 2.one graduates still at home for yrs? Apart from few banks,a few financial n tax firms and a few top E&P oil coys,every other coys I've seen accept 2.2. Even those who dnt accept, accept it with masters. U only mentioned HND to conceal ur true intentions which is to rubbish 2.2 grade.Some holders of 2.2 deserve first class,just the school system n personal circumstances affected their grades.If u have first class and u fail d job tests,a 2.2 graduate can get d job ahead of u.Just shut ur trap if u have nothing useful to post on NL.

2 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by MKO4ever(m): 1:41pm On May 14, 2015
kaeforum:
dont let anyone talk u down on grades when i was wrting jamb i heard of guys who scored 300, 400 but when they enter skool we dont hear about them, same applies to the so called first class graduates, what value have they brought to the nation.

Education is all about creating value , its more than academics.
who are the richest people in this planet, they dont have degrees, if u have money, u can even own your own univrsity and ll the phd people will be your errand boys and gals.

think guys, dont be fooled by the academic hype cheesy

The problem in Nigeria is that without good credentials, it is difficult to get an opportunity to prove your worth because nobody will invite you for test or interview in the first place. So my dear, if you must go to school, this is my advise"
--Go to a university
--Read well and make nothing less than 2.1
--There is a huge opportunity difference between 2.1 and 2.2 nowadays
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 14, 2015
There's nothing like being the Boss of yourself. Self employment is the best. Proudly Entrepreneur / Netpreneur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by tk4rd: 1:45pm On May 14, 2015
Make your course of study your passion.. Know the topics very well.. Learn more about them... Understand them.. And try to find a way of using them in your normal everyday life, (even when you are still a student).. In this way, you don't just graduate with only good grades, but you also graduate with the real stuff well grounded inside you..
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by heryeendey(m): 1:45pm On May 14, 2015
omanifrank:
i have not actually used my B.Sc to work since i graduate anyway.. blogging has been paying my bills
..I Wanna B A Blooger 2 Oo..Pls Hw Du I??..08095052800 Whatssap ..Tanx
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by akeensbussy(m): 1:47pm On May 14, 2015
Anybodie:
GRADE MATTERS.
No matter the skills you have upstairs, First class will be employed be 2.2 so how do you get to showcase you skills, especially Skills without certification

Certificate does not matter, it is what u have upstairs and skills you possessed.

am not a graduate but am an IT expert. I have trained a lot of graduates and CEOs of companies. Currently, am training a Dr. with several companies. I had worked with Dana Group, Infoage Night Ltd and others.
I just registered my business name and resigned from where I worked last. I know what I have achieved so far. I have several skills. am a graphic designer, web design and management, estate agency, name it I can do anything. and I collect any job. today I just took a painter to execute a job I got and after that carpenter will do his job too. I collect any job and delegate it.

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by akeensbussy(m): 1:49pm On May 14, 2015
Anybodie:
GRADE MATTERS.
No matter the skills you have upstairs, First class will be employed be 2.2 so how do you get to showcase you skills, especially Skills without certification

Certificate does not matter, it is what u have upstairs and skills you possessed.

am not a graduate but am an IT expert. I have trained a lot of graduates and CEOs of companies. Currently, am training a Dr. with several companies. I had worked with Dana Group, Infoage Night Ltd and others.
I just registered my business name and resigned from where I worked last. I know what I have achieved so far. I have several skills. am a graphic designer, web design and management, estate agency, name it I can do anything. and I collect any job. today I just took a painter to execute a job I got and after that carpenter will do his job too. I collect any job and delegate it.

after my O level I enrol for an IT certification. A+ Computia is only certificate I have.

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by whodohgeepee(m): 1:56pm On May 14, 2015
omanifrank:
i have not actually used my B.Sc to work since i graduate anyway.. blogging has been paying my bills
teach me howtta blog! Am ready! Tx
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by changevirus(m): 2:03pm On May 14, 2015
number 3 saved me...after my nysc in 2012,i and a frie
nd rented our own flat before he later rented his personal apartment..i was only unemployed for about two months after service and have been working since then....i wish corp members will listen nd resolve to work hard and forget about the fun fun fun in service
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Anthrophile(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2015
Seems the op is a HND holder. Have you forgotten HND certificates have grades too apart from the rep your school had established ?

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Anybodie: 2:05pm On May 14, 2015
akeensbussy:

after my O level I enrol for an IT certification. A+ Computia is only certificate I have.
You have certification to show for your IT skills and that is what am saying

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Ojochegbe1(m): 2:08pm On May 14, 2015
The first interview i attended that gave me this job lasted for more than 1hr, all are practical questions, grade may become important when it comes to ur field of study, or to some banks and oil companies, the killing part is not even 1.1, 2.1 or 2.2 my dear is experience 3yrs above. Those in I.T like me will get it better #teamHND..I.T..2.2. in the field of I.T is professional cert. and technical skills that matters not all this bulls**t.
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by HH(m): 2:15pm On May 14, 2015
literarymathy:
Do not be deceived! There's nowhere in the world where HND and B.Sc compete. HND is a middle man technical degree whereas B.Sc is a managerial theoretical based degree. They both have their uses but a they can never be called equals. Even a 3rd class B.Sc holder stands a better chance of employability into certain firms than HND. Besides HND holders will find it extremely hard to enter into the lecturing profession unlike B.Sc holders. There's no way anyone can say these two certificates are equal. Saying so would yield to delusive thinking.
However, I do agree that HND holders have a better technical know how and stand a much higher chance of employability in practical, on-the-field jobs. However, B.Sc holders will end up being their supervisors. That's the sad truth of this bifurcation.
As for the 2.2 stuff; second class lower division is an average result. Granted, many of them may not stand as much chance as do 2.1 or 1.1 graduates or even given the opportunity to prove themselves, they are still much better than HND lower credit holders.

see your poor English. na dat one you want take supervise person.......
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Gydion(m): 2:15pm On May 14, 2015
Mehn there are many 1.1 and 2.1 still on street hustling but no job o.

I just think it is favour o. To me I will say

"Always strive to crave a nitch for excellence in any task or project you do".

May God help us... Sharp!!!
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by mightycrown1(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2015
olaolu39:

Many companies do not see a reason why they'd hire a graduate with high cost incurred when HND holders are there to give them a cost minimizing effort, more so a 2.2 graduate may not do any better.

6. If you have a 2.2 grade and people tell you how unlucky you would be in the job market and you believe them instead of devising your own strategy, it can even kill your own morale of achieving and aiming high.

OP WHY ARE YOU CONDEMNING AND CONSOLING IN A SINGLE THREAD?

YOU THE ONE THAT WILL SAY 2.2 GRADE IS USELESS
YOU ARE STILL THE ONE THAT WILL SAY 2.2 HOLDERS SHOULD NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE UNLUCKY

SO WHERE DO YOU BELONG?

YOUR TYPE CAN MAKE 3.49 2.2 HOLDERS COMMIT HEART SUICIDE O
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by amanze15(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2015
Everyman for himself, HND go need postgraduate diploma before masters even with 2.50 as a BSc 2:2. If u get ur money u would be a graduate assistant in one of IVY leagues in lil time, do u know how many americans have associate/ technical degrees or indians or chinese abeg lets find a means to our problems abeg......so u mean sey all ur lecturers na 2:1 dey take commot yeah rite, grin grin grin cheesy
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Ojochegbe1(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2015
HH:

see your poor English. na dat one you want take supervise person.......
killers squad
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by chizzyboss57(m): 2:30pm On May 14, 2015
missKiffy:
Sometimes grade matters, sometimes it dont
pls it does,if it does nt y do d sharp guys block
think of it........
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by danbrowndmf(m): 2:35pm On May 14, 2015
omanifrank:
i envy u broda...i dnt wish to wrk wif ma result...
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nasri100(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2015
olaolu39:
With my experience so far in the job market, it is not a new thing that the opportunities created for an HND holder are getting wider than B.Sc holder who's got below a Upper second class.

Reason:

Nowadays, Companies are found of hiring a contract staff whom HND holders are only invited/suitable, leaving behind the so called University graduates.

Somebody asked, 'why am I clamouring about having a University education in the first place??'

The truth:
1. There's always be 2.2 products no matter how.

2. Opportunities can be created with whatsoever qualifications you've got.

3. There is a job for everybody.

4. There is always a time for everybody's career breakthrough.

5. If with your certificate you are still stagnant, you may end up not getting a suiting job forever, no matter your qualification and grade.

Lesson:
1. If you are still in school, and people tell you it's not about grade, but people you know, and you believe them, I guess you might end up joining the groups of unemployed/under employed citizens.

2. You had better start thinking of how practicable your course can become when you graduate.

3. If you are a serving corps member and you are swayed away by the activities of NYSC, and not life afterwards, I pity you. The truth is that by the time you finish and just starting, you might end up frustrated, unlike if you start scouting as a corper, you won't be under any pressure.

......Tip of the iceberg by PstLao.

Expect more...My thought and findings

You lost me when you compared HND with B.Sc. You are really drunk.

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by RolePlay(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2015
DavidGodwin:
I always advice my fellow youths to be creative, search within themselves. There is a potential in there, other than the course they are reading. I keep teasing my course mates dat when I graduate, I'll hand over my certificate to my uncle and tell him, "sir, U sent me to school; here's Ur cert. I don't need it". They always laugh at me but its true cos I feel school is delaying m.
A good student is one who allows school to pass through him and not the other way round

NB: Abeg b4 U crucify me, am in my final year and I have a very strong 2.1. My quote above hasnt in any way made me lazy in school. Thank u.

Which one is strong 2.1 again now

3.51 is equal to 4.49

Forget all those things

3 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Codyt(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2015
DavidGodwin:
I always advice my fellow youths to be creative, search within themselves. There is a potential in there, other than the course they are reading. I keep teasing my course mates dat when I graduate, I'll hand over my certificate to my uncle and tell him, "sir, U sent me to school; here's Ur cert. I don't need it". They always laugh at me but its true cos I feel school is delaying m.
A good student is one who allows school to pass through him and not the other way round

NB: Abeg b4 U crucify me, am in my final year and I have a very strong 2.1. My quote above hasnt in any way made me lazy in school. Thank u.
A ti gbo!
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Saintremmy8(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2015
U might b ryt bt destiny hv its own part on it... Dey r many offices lesser grade operates.. All na so God want am
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Codyt(m): 2:53pm On May 14, 2015
All I know is I'd never allow my certificate determine my future. Believe in yourself. Do something!! !! cheesy
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 14, 2015
RolePlay:

Which one is strong 2.1 again now

3.51 is equal to 4.49

Forget all those things
na so una dey talk... If there is a job appointment in the school, I bet they'll consider 4.49 as u have said, before considering 3.50.
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 14, 2015
Codyt:
A ti gbo!
interpret. am not Yoruba
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Codyt(m): 3:02pm On May 14, 2015
DavidGodwin:

interpret. am not Yoruba
Well understood. Thank me later
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Vincad: 3:05pm On May 14, 2015
If you want to work with your certificate, grades matter. My dad always said try to come out with at least 2:1 so that when someone wants to help you the person won't get discouraged by by your grades.
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by butanep(m): 3:08pm On May 14, 2015
DavidGodwin:

guy come out from sch first... there re difference between the sch life and the outside world...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queen Of England Honours Nasir Yammama, CEO Verdant Agri-Tech (Pics) / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / Nigerian Police Uniform In 1948

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.