Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Windows 8/8.1 Internet Data Consumption- Solution Found - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 8/8.1 Internet Data Consumption- Solution Found (927 Views)

How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options / Do I Really Need An Antivirus For Windows 8.1? / How Can Use Internet Data For My Laptop From My Smartphone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows 8/8.1 Internet Data Consumption- Solution Found by activefibre1(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2015
After trying over and over to reduce the way data is being consumed(1gig exhausted within two days without downloading anything) with my windows 8.1 lapy, i finally found the solution.
1. Click, control + alt + delect= this brings out Task manager
2. Click on task manager and click on the services option at the top of the table.
3. After this, look at the bottom of the service table , you will see option service in blue colour right under the table, click on it.
4. This will take you to a table , look out for '' background intelligence....'', right click on it, you will see a stop button, click on stop, then right click again , you will see properties below, click on it, and click the option that indicates disable.5. You are done, any back ground data consumption activities will be stopped, so even in your idle time, your data will NEVER be consumed. Effectivly managing your money.
N.B this crack may reset itself when you switch off your laptop, so anytime you want to browse do as shown above. Also if you want to upgrade your laptop dont follow the step above as it will block all form of upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Windows 8/8.1 Internet Data Consumption- Solution Found by Ekpees: 9:59pm On May 14, 2015
Thanks for the info.God bless u,others will asked for money but you are giving the info for free.thanks

1 Like

Re: Windows 8/8.1 Internet Data Consumption- Solution Found by activefibre1(m): 11:29am On May 15, 2015
Ekpees:
Thanks for the info.God bless u,others will asked for money but you are giving the info for free.thanks
no wahala my brother...
Re: Windows 8/8.1 Internet Data Consumption- Solution Found by Nobody: 6:03am On May 16, 2015
just disable automatic updates
Re: Windows 8/8.1 Internet Data Consumption- Solution Found by Limus: 7:57am On May 18, 2015
Thanks.it works like magic.

(1) (Reply)

Global Market Share Of Web Browsers Used All Over The World:chrome No 1(31.22%) / Help!!! New Or Old / I Need Help My Ipad 2 Unable To Connect To Cellular Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.