Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

I'm Finally Letting Go! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Finally Letting Go! (7507 Views)

1 Reason Your Woman May Stop Letting You Touch Her In Bed / Letting Go Of Past Relationships / Can I Send Him Away Without Letting My Son Knowing The Secret? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by subzidi: 4:14pm On May 14, 2015
steeze:

And what I did was so terrible that it cannot be forgiven? At least I came back inspite of everything. What about all I suffered in the hands of the mother just because I was trying to do the right thing, to which she was a witness?

I've come to realise that men and women think differently. So while a man might express horror and disbelief that I actually stayed and endured all that, a woman would insist that I should have stayed and tried harder. In the other thread there were some comments tearing me up and insisting I go back to that job. That I am wasting a golden opportunity.

Tell me honestly, would you have advised your brother to do the same?
I also remember you said you stayed with her throughout the 8months till when her mom started becoming unbearable right?
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 14, 2015
[quote author=steeze post=33732522][/quote] You did not learn the root of your problem from your last thread instead you went to the top. Like the last time your problem which is impatience and anger will cost you again. Yes men and women are different as you noticed that's why what you saw may not be it, what veave told you prolly was what your son's mum meant. You could have seek the meaning of her actions from a responsible female before you rushed to send that killer text. While men expect forgiveness immediately after sorry, women want more than just sorry. What she did to you happened just once apart from the calls rejection. You really have a long way to go if all you expected was for her to just embrace you because you are the father of her son after the pains of your exit. You were hurt, but she hurts more because you stopped hurting that day you walked out on them but she never did till now. Her actions were expressions of her hurt, she even went further to explain how you hurt her but your impatience wouldnt let you see reason or give you time to cool and see reason. The woman you saw told you her version of the story and it may not have much bearing. The man you saw and are reading meaning may have played a father, grandfather for her son and reliable friend in her hurting times. He may not want your good but it is not enough to conclude yet that your son's mum will stoop to his level if he really want sexual relations with her. Btw, two of you are too immature for each others progress let alone that of your son. I advice you send a text now to retract your statement, state that anger caused it, you didnt mean it and apologise. Maybe you will do with an interpreter of the meaning of your killer text to her to grasp what i'm saying. I'm not saying you should worship her, but after the text give her time, call occasionally to ask about your son's and her welbeing, visit too. Those pushing you to fight for child custody will not be there to fight when it really comes, you say that they are wealthy, perhaps for a while you forgot you are in Nigeria. It will only take one frustrating move from them before your impatience kill your moral. If you behave well, she may not even deprive you from your son. Gush, do you really know she could be reconsidering before your text.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by cococandy(f): 5:09pm On May 14, 2015
You've done your part abeg. So for now don't worry about being an item with her. Just worry about your child.

don't let that man steal your child. Still reach out and insist on being the dad.
Nna your child is your child and since you didn't abandon the child to grow up without you, you have a right to him. A right to be a part of his life if that's what you want.

Don't let anyone intimidate you.
I see that's what that guy is there to do.

1 Like

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Ewuro4: 5:38pm On May 14, 2015
Timbuktou and Bellong have given you an invaluable advice and information. Please heed and move on with your life. Face your work

1 Like

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by spongeisback: 5:44pm On May 14, 2015
OP you're too proud.
Put yourself in her shoes...you left her while she was EIGHT months pregnant, she begged you,you used your own mouth without thinking about her condition to tell her not to call you again. She's just doing what you asked her to. Btw your son may grow up and he wouldn't want to have a relationship with you if he finds out what happened, you better keep on begging because she deserves it.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 14, 2015
congrats on ur job. i know i was tough on u in d other thread but u hv tried by visiting her tho it wasn't pleasant . dat doesn't mean u hv done enuff n shud give up trying to see ur son bc dey won't let u ! dis is ur child we're talking abt here not a piece of furniture u can easily disregard it replace . none of dem hv d right to prevent u from seeing him n if u really want to be a part of his life u won't be so quick to give up now ! as far as I'm concerned u hv't tried yet n hv't exhausted all ur options . someone else gave u some gud advice on other steps u can take. also now wud b the time for u to start recording conversations , like u cud've recorded how d man wad refusing n ur ex refused u from holding ur own son , get a lawyer , get ur family involved . u'r too quick to want to move on , kinda reminds me dat ur heart wasn't in it from d start ( ur other thread ) n still isn't . d guy can't intimidate u if u don't allow him . who d fk is he ? he has no business in wat's going on . dis isn't his child but urs.

1 Like

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by steeze(m): 9:11pm On May 14, 2015
veave:

Women are soft and hard at the same time. Why did you spoil what you wrote first with the. Next two texts...
No need to swear and start saying you are dead except you really want to die.

Women are very soft. Did you expect a drastic change of mind sharp sharp like that? Today's visit was just a seed sown. By the time you left she had already started thinking. Then you went ahead to spoil everything. Its seems like you are not a patient person oh. Let me give you a secret,it takes the grace of God alone to make a woman stop loving the father of her children. Almost nothing can reduce it talk more of taking it away.

I don't know how to advice you again fa

You said a man like you is living with her and instead of you to ESTABLISH your PRESCENSE you ran away and went to send text messages? He even had the audacity to carry your baby and he didn't let you touch him. You no give am black eye you come here to open thread. I see you are not jealous like your God.

Establish wetin? In enemy territory? Na that wan go con dey reign, say I don finally crase finish. And I came for peace not war. If they do not want me to hold him that's fine. That one no fit kill me. And fear of police na another tin, after all na only me waka come...lol

My expectations was that we would meet each other halfway or at least make some concessions here and there and work out an agreement on what the way forward will be for us. How long is she supposed to be mad at me? I am not Ramsey Noauh. You are either in or you're out, and she repeatedly made it clear that she is out. Repeatedly o!

The more I beg the more I prolong matter. Na to park well for one side dey observe. Besides that man gym well well lol

In the end what will be will be. I'm glad I made the effort today. Thanks for caring.
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by steeze(m): 9:26pm On May 14, 2015
spongeisback:
OP you're too proud.
Put yourself in her shoes...you left her while she was EIGHT months pregnant, she begged you,you used your own mouth without thinking about her condition to tell her not to call you again. She's just doing what you asked her to. Btw your son may grow up and he wouldn't want to have a relationship with you if he finds out what happened, you better keep on begging because she deserves it.

You are right, I'm proud. And I should have been proud from the beginning. When you don't price yourself properly people will do the pricing for you. When I was doing the-boy-is-good I know what I faced.

She deserves to be appeased and I did that repeatedly. She say she no do, I hurt her so bad and she's never getting back together with me. Anymore begging from me and I'm just setting myself up to be exploited by them once again.

I had to do what I had to do in order to be a better man for both of us. I had to be proud of the man that I was first if my ex ever wanted to enjoy me at my best (of course how are you going to explain that to her). That was better than agreeing to be railroaded into a marriage in which I would ultimately have no say at all. It really is a very strange experience for me overall.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by steeze(m): 9:29pm On May 14, 2015
cococandy:
You've done your part abeg. So for now don't worry about being an item with her. Just worry about your child.

don't let that man steal your child. Still reach out and insist on being the dad.
Nna your child is your child and since you didn't abandon the child to grow up without you, you have a right to him. A right to be a part of his life if that's what you want.

Don't let anyone intimidate you.
I see that's what that guy is there to do.

Omor this guy was so possessive and aggressive. Lol

Abeg I no fit fight o jare... no time again. I tried.
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by steeze(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2015
aflyingbird:
congrats on ur job. i know i was tough on u in d other thread but u hv tried by visiting her tho it wasn't pleasant . dat doesn't mean u hv done enuff n shud give up trying to see ur son bc dey won't let u ! dis is ur child we're talking abt here not a piece of furniture u can easily disregard it replace . none of dem hv d right to prevent u from seeing him n if u really want to be a part of his life u won't be so quick to give up now ! as far as I'm concerned u hv't tried yet n hv't exhausted all ur options . someone else gave u some gud advice on other steps u can take. also now wud b the time for u to start recording conversations , like u cud've recorded how d man wad refusing n ur ex refused u from holding ur own son , get a lawyer , get ur family involved . u'r too quick to want to move on , kinda reminds me dat ur heart wasn't in it from d start ( ur other thread ) n still isn't . d guy can't intimidate u if u don't allow him . who d fk is he ? he has no business in wat's going on . dis isn't his child but urs.

I'm glad you were tough. Some of it hurt but that's what the truth does.

My heart was in it from the start o, or else na D&C tins straight up (just being honest). Just that with all that happened anyone's heart sef fit pack up. We were never on the same page.

My family's stand has remained the same. Leave the girl and face your life. When the child grows older he will look for you. If not, tough luck. If they knew that I went over there today they might have a panic attack.

In any case, her mom called me this evening, after ignoring me all this while. Gave me about 4 missed calls. I did not pick the call. My business was supposed to be with her daughter and she has already made her position clear.

The fact that I can't seem to get anywhere with her without her mother's interference/involvement even after everything that had happened makes me feel like it's pointless.

I hope you realise that the more I clamour for my son, the more they will be invested in withholding him from me? Na to just assume a siddon look disposition for now...

2 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Timbuktuo: 10:40pm On May 14, 2015
steeze:

Timbuktuo God will really bless you for this. Starting from the end of this month I will follow this approach. I bet they will all be very surprised. Minimum of 5k na small tin na.

I've already Googled some Child Welfare services in Lagos. It's looking good. God bless us all!

Sure you can. Please do, this will a move in the right direction. After the payment I think they give you a receipt sef. You can control the direction of that boy's life to a large extent. What school he goes to, etc. The only advantage she has over you now is that he's too young to live without his mother, not like you can breastfeed or dedicate huge chunks of your time to diaper changes and such.

Every kobo you give the boy should be through Welfare Services.

This will put a limit to the kind of stories they can cook up to paint you as the bad guy and discredit your persona. At least, they can't say you abandoned him and never cared for him. And in seven years you can go claim your tin. Cikenan.

Again, good luck.
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Nobody: 12:08am On May 15, 2015
steeze:
On my way home I sent her a series of texts which I have copied and pasted below:

Revenge is a dish best served cold. I understand the need to pay someone back in his own coin and hurt someone who has offended u. My apology still stands. If u want to ignore everything that really happened that's fine. I will take all the blame. It's all my fault. Still, there is no sin that is too great to be unforgiven, there is nothing that justifies denying a father the right to see or hold his son, or give him a real family.

It is clear to me that ur family has turned ur heart fully against me, and that is no problem. Family first, I only wished that we would start one of our own just like we always dreamt. All I know is that I've tried and I really wanted us to work. I want to promise you that this is the last time you will ever hear from me, I swear on my grandmother's grave.

You can tell my son that his father is dead, or he abandoned him, or he never really cared, because the way I see it you are already heading in that direction. Or u can tell him that someone else is his real father. Do whatever u want sweetie, let that rest on ur conscience if u have any left. Wish u all the best!

am from a single home raised by a single parent.about that generational cycle of ur gf family raising children single Handley I can associate with that.in my family broken homes are rampant.most if my cousins are from broken homes.try getting custody of ur pikin else them go brainwash that child.if u can't get custody try contributing one way or d other to d child.and as for ur gf,don't marry her.she z not ur type.dont bring her into that perfect world u are trying to create.shebi na her mama way she wan follow.her mama go die leave am.guy I tell u don't marry her.try n contribute to ya child life.if he is truly ya child he will even leave that ya gf later n come meet u cus him go day feel ur paro.remain blessed

2 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Nobody: 3:33am On May 15, 2015
steeze:
Hey guys, update on what's been happening. I've got a steady job now. Pays about 60k plus accommodation. I'm starting on Monday by God's special grace. At least it's a start.

Now, since I put up the last thread concerning what's been happening with me and my girl (check my profile), I've been trying to make amends. Been trying really really hard. Most times she wouldn't pick my calls, sometimes she would pick and allow my credit to burn out, other times she would pick up and scream at me to leave her alone to move on with her life. No one from her family picks my calls now, they are in ignore mode. Eventually, I had to make out time to buy a few baby clothes and some jewelry for her and went to meet her at her house earlier today.

She was surprised to see me but still was reiterating everything that happened for which I'd apologised a million times over before. I just feel that a man has to be a man, not under anybody. She was bathing the baby, and when she finished she wouldn't let me hold him, not even once.

There is a man staying with her in the house - her mother's boyfriend's elder brother (it's that complicated). He was most emphatic on refusing to let me hold my baby. He seemed to have grown so attached even. I sat there looking so confused not knowing what else to say or do. Sure I messed up, but is there any sin that is too great to deny a father his son? Or the chance to start a real family? Or another chance with his mom?

In the last thread I mentioned that my girl's mother was a single mom and couldn't seem to hold a man down as they always ran off eventually and never returned, and a lot of people almost ate my head off, as if the attributes of the mom would hold no bearing or impact on the daughter. I mentioned something about breaking a generational cycle but I can see that I have already failed. She has determined to raise the child without me, and another cycle is now in effect. I know the effect not having her dad (he never cared a bit for them) around had on her in our earlier years.

Eventually she asked me to leave as she had some business to attend to. As I hung around forlornly, wondering whether to leave or not, I met a woman who recognised me and asked where I had been all this while. She told me that the man (her mom's boyfriend's elder brother) and my girl had been living together like a couple since I'd left and anytime she asked about me they would say I traveled or I went to school. Soon the story changed to them telling her that the man staying with her was her husband and I was his younger brother. Eventually the situation changed to them avoiding her altogether, and she soon got the message and learned to mind her business too.

The man should be 47 years but has a youthful look and could somewhat pass for my elder brother since we are both fair skinned. The way he held my baby like it was his, I can only estimate that it's just a matter of time before they start sleeping with each other. I may be wrong but at this point I don't really care anymore. I am only saying things as they happened. I asked her if she really wanted the baby to grow up without the father and she told me that he (the baby) is not complaining. She said a lot of other stuffs, but I will take it sha.

Questions:

Was I wrong to want to stand on my own two feet as a man?

Was I wrong for accepting the responsibility for the pregnancy in the first place? (The baby is mine please, there's no question about that)

Was what I did so bad to be undeserving of forgiveness and reconciliation?

Come to think about it, why was there so much pressure for me to take the job in the first place? (I already had my vision and career path mapped out and I'm currently on that path by God's grace)

My salary while working for the mom was 25k, and she rubbed it in my face at every turn that she doesn't pay anybody else in the company such a huge amount of money and made it seem like she was doing me a huge favor, acting like I had never held 25k in my life. Please note that I do not in any way seem wretched, desperate or poverty stricken. So even if I wanted to continue to tough it out and work with her, there was no motivation. The money I make on the streets and while hustling far exceeds that. In time I never even had time to work for myself, only the mom - for 25k. And I had my pride and self dignity to protect. While leaving to sort my life out in February, I never collected that month's salary to show the mom that that wasn't my problem. My girl was 8 months old at the time. No one acknowledges the fact that I stuck by her for so long through all the degradation and humiliation while she lapped up all her family's love and support. I was in a strange territory and she couldn't see the sacrifices I was making for her. She was the one that eventually succeeded in making me take the job.

I repeat - N25,000... Not N250,000.

I'm willing to answer any questions you may have for me. If you want to insult me and judge me that's fine as well. I just want to know what the public opinion is. Remember there is a child's life at stake here.

Please do NOT move this to frontpage. Thank you all.

First of all I give it up to you and your writing skills
Many nairaland men write so poorly and it's torture reading a two liner from most young men here let alone a long tale like yours.it's a breath of fresh air reading you.

Now to the issue,you shouldn't have taken this trip alone
You should have gone with a family member of yours and informed them you were coming before you did.
I believe you have a right to see and bond with your son so let your family approach her family to come to that agreement
That is the way forward
Whether she wants to be with you is another story but you shouldn't be denied access to your son
Don't give up on trying to make that happen

4 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by pickabeau1: 3:49am On May 15, 2015
With the current information and disclosure of the lady who seems has decided move on wittout u...

I wish u d best

Can you clarify what u mean by the other man wanting to be a father to your child

Is he impotent

Steeze
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Nobody: 4:12am On May 15, 2015
steeze:
On my way home I sent her a series of texts which I have copied and pasted below:

Revenge is a dish best served cold. I understand the need to pay someone back in his own coin and hurt someone who has offended u. My apology still stands. If u want to ignore everything that really happened that's fine. I will take all the blame. It's all my fault. Still, there is no sin that is too great to be unforgiven, there is nothing that justifies denying a father the right to see or hold his son, or give him a real family.

It is clear to me that ur family has turned ur heart fully against me, and that is no problem. Family first, I only wished that we would start one of our own just like we always dreamt. All I know is that I've tried and I really wanted us to work. I want to promise you that this is the last time you will ever hear from me, I swear on my grandmother's grave.

You can tell my son that his father is dead, or he abandoned him, or he never really cared, because the way I see it you are already heading in that direction. Or u can tell him that someone else is his real father. Do whatever u want sweetie, let that rest on ur conscience if u have any left. Wish u all the best!

Stop being childish please

3 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by sisisioge: 5:30am On May 15, 2015
Wowzer! Life is just too short for all these complications allowed. Good decision...move on. However, keep a place opened in your heart for your son. The little guy will sort you eventually. Trust me, he would.

So go make a good life for yourself, have a proper family and never forgets he exists. Good luck bro, may God help you chose right.
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Lumpyy(f): 6:24am On May 15, 2015
steeze:

And what I did was so terrible that it cannot be forgiven? At least I came back inspite of everything. What about all I suffered in the hands of the mother just because I was trying to do the right thing, to which she was a witness?

I've come to realise that men and women think differently. So while a man might express horror and disbelief that I actually stayed and endured all that, a woman would insist that I should have stayed and tried harder. In the other thread there were some comments tearing me up and insisting I go back to that job. That I am wasting a golden opportunity.

Tell me honestly, would you have advised your brother to do the same?
Please dont bother with comments like this,if u were a woman,theyd av sent u money to run away from such degradation and limitation.
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by redgem(f): 6:49am On May 15, 2015
charijee:
Hey barbie.....been a while I saw you....how's you?

I'm good dear, how are you?
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by steeze(m): 7:27am On May 15, 2015
sisisioge:
Wowzer! Life is just too short for all these complications allowed. Good decision...move on. However, keep a place opened in your heart for your son. The little guy will sort you eventually. Trust me, he would.

So go make a good life for yourself, have a proper family and never forgets he exists. Good luck bro, may God help you chose right.

Thanks sis. Doing that already.
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Nnemuka(f): 7:32am On May 15, 2015
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by charijee(f): 7:38am On May 15, 2015
redgem:

I'm good dear, how are you?
I'm very well girlie
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Yesinde(f): 7:43am On May 15, 2015
ayolight:
Bro. I ve to read tru d former post ti undstnd ur pains. Bro yr decision is rit. but make sure u contribute seriously to d care if d baby. keep a tab on dem Evn if Dey chnge environment. fget abt d moda but not abt d child. do tins dat ll make her crazy. like paying ur child a visit wit wonderful gifts (God ll provide for u), make it clear during yr visits tru ur actions dat u careless abt d mother but ur child. dnt allow her to slip frm ur crow. the future has a beta destiny for u. a friend was once stuck BTW her hubby nd mother she wisely choose her hubby which helps to define d mother boundry. so bros pls dnt fget ur child I beg u in d name of God. u can Evn visit with a lady friend who can act well and tell her to act as a caring girlfriend toward d child. a girl friend who can really get on d nerve of a bitter person. Evn if she dnt allow her to touch her let her show her care nd love wit action nd pricking words. I wish u luck
mbanu o, d going with a girlfriend stuff is nt advisable in my opinion o. Make dem no go break d babe head o

1 Like

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by veave(f): 8:55am On May 15, 2015
Make sure you go with your friends next time if you dey fear. Don't ask to carry the baby, just lift him from were ever or who ever hands he's in. Play with him very well. Then pass him to anyone around. Look round for anything you can do for her, even if its his cloths, trust me there will always be soaked clothes at the corner. By the time you do this twice, she will be looking forward to your visits because she knows you will help. Do not go empty handed.

If I hear say you run. You no get akpobi friends ne?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by dinachi(m): 9:50am On May 15, 2015
@ Steeze.My guy, you are finally getting the message. Your baby mama and her witch of a mother are on a mission to make your life miserable. Don't let them! Any woman asking you to stick it out with all the trash you have been put through is just a total replica of your baby mamas mother. For emphasis do not for your life pay any attention to any iota of advice from babyosisi. She has wrecked so many homes of gullible people who were stupid enough to pay any attention to her evil advice. The more I read about the life of your baby mamas mother, the more I see the true babyosisi. There is absolutely no difference between the two. Taking any advice from babyosisi is like taking advice from your baby mamas mother.
The social welfare angle is a smart move I think you should make. Please hold your head high anywhere you go. Do not let anyone judge you. Your family is right too. I have seen it so many times. The child will always look for their father and will eventually hate their mother for keeping him from you. In the end you emerge the winner. Keep ignoring them but try and be sending money via the social welfare route to your child. I bet you after sometime, she too go tire and start begging. Happy, you got a job now.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by freecocoa(f): 10:18am On May 15, 2015
But na wa o.

This your babymama is hearted sha, yea, you messed up big time by leaving when you did, then you asked her not to call again, that's a major foul, agreed, but at what point will you be considered human? Does she not realize that, just like herself, you can also hurt and make irrational decisions? I think that we all deserve to be cut some slack at some point, therefore, I believe the punishment is just about enough and is becoming unnecessarily too much, haba! angry

OP please take Timbok's advise and see how the welfare people can help you, please please please, don't abandon your child, never stop trying to be in his life and keep records and proof any way you can, just incase she decides to deny like I suspect she would. I don't like people who act as if they are above sin, she can decide not to be with you anymore, no one blames her for that but she has no right to keep your child from you, a man stayed with you for 8 months, taking bull from your mum and in a moment of weakness he caved, and after a while came back to his senses, been begging for forgiveness for ages and you can't find a tiny place in your heart to let him hold his child for a minute? Abeg that girl has issues jare, I wish you luck in your quest jor OP.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by freecocoa(f): 10:20am On May 15, 2015
veave:
Make sure you go with your friends next time if you dey fear. Don't ask to carry the baby, just lift him from were ever or who ever hands he's in. Play with him very well. Then pass him to anyone around. Look round for anything you can do for her, even if its his cloths, trust me there will always be soaked clothes at the corner. By the time you do this twice, she will be looking forward to your visits because she knows you will help. Do not go empty handed.

If I heat say you run. You no get akpobi friends ne?
Funny lady.grin grin grin
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Nobody: 10:47am On May 15, 2015
Ah! Op, another man denied you access to your own baby and you stood there looking... Please, go and learn Taekwando, boxing, wrestling, anything.. Go and eat Akpu, Okpa, Eba, go and lift weights and grow big muscles abeg. Hian! Next time you go visit, take me along, I am a wrestler writer grincheesy
You should hold your baby, even if it's just once, despite all Your mistakes, you are human after all. Even if your baby mama won't forgive you, just don't abandon your baby please.
Btw, I read through your previous thread and this one, after all has been said and done, it's still important to note that in our humanity, lies our frailty. You are human, you are young, you were proud and heady, you don't also know that condoms is very cheap undecided You have wronged your baby mama, but try not to hurt your son too.

If you need to swallow your pride and make peace with all parties, please do, for the sake of your child. It is not an absolute need that you get back together with your babymama, esp as she doesn't seem to want you back; but whatever you do, remember your son and do NOT abandon him.

As for those judging the OP and calling him names, it is easy to judge people on a faceless forum as long our own dirty linen is well hidden and stinky, where we have them hidden.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by veave(f): 11:53am On May 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Funny lady.grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by redgem(f): 12:06pm On May 15, 2015
charijee:
I'm very well girlie
Good to know
Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 15, 2015
@steeze congrats on your new job. I am happy for you

As regards the current situation You are trying your best under the circumstances and your gf is overdoing things. She is angry, which is understandble but she needs to understand that its not just about her anymore.

My advise to you is to give her time to reflect and think about the whole thing.

Take a step back from the whole issue for a bit. Dont send her Text messages that will cause further beef and if phonecalls are always ending in screaming, then dont call for a while.
if you have her account number put some money in her account every month towards looking after the baby or find another way of getting the money accross to her.

Give her space and give her time; You are laying the foundation for delveloping a civil relationship with her in the future for your sons sake. It will not always be hot like this. Things will eventually calm down and even if you never get back together again, at least you can still both have a civil relationship. A civil relationship is in everyones best interest cos the thing is that you are all linked together for life.

Please dont follow the advise of walking away with the hope that the kid comes looking for you in years to come. The child will be the only one to suffer if that happens.
He may also never look for you. You are not dead. You are alive and well, so your son should enjoy you as a father and you should enjoy your son too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Onegai(f): 5:18pm On May 15, 2015
OP, you are young and that girl is young. The level of immaturity from both of you is pretty high (those your texts almost made me smile. Almost).

I'm going to say this to you. I have 3 friends, and some cousins whose dads left as children. None of them bothered to look for them. I have several people I know, the only reason they looked for their father was financial. So far, it is only in movies children dream off reconciling with their absentee parent and that dream remains till adulthood. They wonder, but they get older and realise they would not have left in their parents' shoes. We will not be there to help you when the day the boy doesn't show up comes.

Are you willing to take that chance?

Don't go there alone next time. if I were advising your girl, I would mention my concern that so far, it seems your entire family don't want the baby so they cannot be bothered to show up with you. That has always been glaring since the whole thing started so you can't blame her that she may have been fed that thought by someone and is listening to bad advise from her mum.

That child has 2 sets of grandparents and one set has to step up if the other set isn't. I don't know who will dare stop a grandmother from caring for a baby.

I will add that when my bf pulled kinda the same stunt you pulled and walked away mid-pregnancy, he sent a humble apologising message which I did not reply. Then his mother called me. Today we are married. So learn what you will from that.

As for the man acting possessive or not, that is not your immediate concern. Your immediate concern is your son. And btw picture yourself (all cocky and pluck-ful of childish bravado, swaggering in half-scared after running out on a pregnant gf) in the eyes of a much older experienced man. That's why that fellow bullied you. Lack of Self-assurance is very easy to spot. A self-assured guy would have entered that compound calmly, with some humbleness and strength and that man will have felt like a fool and left a situation which is none of his business.

I'm being honest and tough with you. You have growing up to do and it is more dire because now there's a child involved.

So please sit down and think. And make some decisions based on that. If you still wish to go to court no problem. But this situation can be solved easier than that.

I will repeat, none of those kids whose fathers left ever bothered to look for their dad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Finally Letting Go! by Ewuro4: 5:33pm On May 15, 2015
Abeg don't tear the baby into two oh Na God I take beg una... Carry una quanta for one side jare sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija / Children Educational Tablets Now Available!! / Pregnancy And Agression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.