Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee (12179 Views)

PDP, Not APC, Killed Alameiseigha‎, My Husband - Magareth Alameiseigha / APC Insists On Its Original List Of NASS Leaders / President Elect Buhari's Transition Team [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by dre11(m): 1:38pm On May 14, 2015
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has insisted that the Jonathan Administration is not cooperating with the party’s Transition Committee, while describing the Peoples Democratic Party’s spokesperson, Olisah Metuh, as a man with an incurable disdain for the truth.
”We say, with all sense of responsibility, that as of today, May 14th 2015, just about two weeks to the May 29th handover date, no shred of information as to the status of governance from any Ministry, Department or Agency of government has been given to our Transition Committee,” the party said in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday by its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed.
”If that qualifies, in Metuh’s lexicon, as cooperation, then there is a problem somewhere. We dare Metuh or anyone for that matter, to controvert the fact that not a line of handover note has been handed over to our Transition Committee. Until then, Metuh has egg on his face,” it said.
APC restated its earlier advice to Mr. Metuh to urgently undertake a crash course in how to be an opposition party spokesperson so he won’t talk or write himself into avoidable trouble in the days ahead.
The party admonished the PDP spokesperson to always cross-check the information available to him in order to separate rumours from facts, saying had he done that, he would not have issued the statement in which he tried to cast aspersion on the APC by accusing it of ”fabricating lies” over the issue of the Jonathan Administration’s non-cooperation with the APC’s Transition Committee.
”Metuh decided to put his foot in his mouth when he latched on to the statement made by our Transition Committee Chairman, forgetting that in making his statement, the Chairman was only acting the statesman that he is by not saying anything that will put the federal government
in bad light.
”A discerning party spokesman, rather than a rabble-rousing one, would have understood the elder statesman’s stand for what it is instead of using it as a peg to issue a needless, hollow statement that puts his party and government in bad light. We had decided to allow sleeping dogs to lie, but now that Metuh has stirred the hornet’s nest, it is time to put out the facts for Nigerians to judge.
”What happened was that, following the request by our Transition Committee to meet with them, they invited us to what was the first formal meeting between both Transition Committees. But the meeting was a mere photo-op, as it yielded nothing concrete as far as handover notes are concerned.
”In fact, what we met at the so-called meeting was far worse than what we had thought. Whereas we had hoped to get their handover notes on May 14th (the date they had indicated to us informally), they told us point blank that the notes won’t be ready until May 24th. Because this date falls on a Sunday, that means we won’t be getting the handover notes until May 25th, just four days before the May 29th handover date ”How do they honestly expect us to peruse thousands of pages of handover notes, ask pertinent questions and seek necessary clarifications within four days? Because we want a smooth transition,
we asked if we could meet with some of the ministers pending the release of the handover notes, but they said no. When one of their members even suggested that the whole process be fast-tracked, they did not budge.
”Despite this set back, we decided not to put the whole issue in the public domain, until the babbling Metuh decided to look for trouble, describing the deliberate stonewalling by the Jonathan Administration as cooperation,” it said.
APC assured Nigerians that whether or not the Jonathan Administration cooperates with it during the transition, the party will live up to expectation by providing purposeful governance.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182940-apc-insists-jonathan-pdp-not-cooperating-with-buhari-transition-committee.html

5 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by samutd4u(m): 1:39pm On May 14, 2015
Really?
Dis is serious oh
God will help in this country

Ftc thk God once again today

3 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by nwafuluozoh: 1:39pm On May 14, 2015
APC too complain. Wetin sef? Maybe it's because they are used to playing the opposition.

23 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by SHARIAREPORTERS: 1:40pm On May 14, 2015
Huh I smell lies on dis thread Apc! Lies!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Acisky(m): 1:40pm On May 14, 2015
Most people in my shoes will start bragging about been the first to comment but I am too proud for that.

2 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by kodded(m): 1:41pm On May 14, 2015
undecided
Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by SHARIAREPORTERS: 1:41pm On May 14, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by seunlayi(m): 1:41pm On May 14, 2015
either way, he is leaving that office in few days time.

1 Like

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 14, 2015
dey r concerned about the top

what about Amaechi hu has refused to set up a transition committee in rivers state

Eediots

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by SHARIAREPORTERS: 1:41pm On May 14, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by dre11(m): 1:41pm On May 14, 2015
This is APC response to the statement made by Olisa Metuh

“it’s Time To Stop Lying”, PDP Tells APC Spokesman, Lai Mohammed ............

https://www.nairaland.com/2312169/time-stop-lying-pdp-tells by islie.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 14, 2015
BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

6 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by ijustdey: 1:44pm On May 14, 2015
”A discerning party spokesman, rather than a rabble-rousing one, would have understood the elder statesman’s stand for what it is instead of using it as a peg to issue a needless, hollow statement that puts his party and government in bad light. We had decided to allow sleeping dogs to lie, but now that Metuh has stirred the hornet’s nest, it is time to put out the facts for Nigerians to judge.

is it possible for Metuh to understand that.... he is looking for something to hang on that's why he couldn't see through the elder statesman diplomatic answer
Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by luvinhubby(m): 1:44pm On May 14, 2015
Ministers & departmental heads should hand over to perm secs & d.gs let's hear word abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by doctokwus: 1:53pm On May 14, 2015
Thought it curious that PDP was co operating fully and that Lai Muhammed could have been caught in a blatant lie.
I guess Lai has come out blazing to avoid his reputation being tarnished by d statements by Joda and Metuh.
Joda,as Lai said was being diplomatic about it all,with d hope I bliv that his stance would yield better co operation from d PDP committee,but expectedly PDP has never had any intention to make d transition an open and transparent process.
Metuh, over to u.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by temitemi1(m): 1:53pm On May 14, 2015
Cry onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

15 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Ezenwammadu(m): 1:58pm On May 14, 2015

4 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by ijustdey: 1:58pm On May 14, 2015
they told us point blank that the notes won’t be ready until May 24th. Because this date falls on a Sunday, that means we won’t be getting the handover notes until May 25th, just four days before the May 29th handover date ”How do they honestly expect us to peruse thousands of pages of handover notes, ask pertinent questions and seek necessary clarifications within four days?

they don't want to be exposed more than the ones you have already know..... because the more you know, the more exposure the get, the more corrupt the populace see how corrupt this government is

check out the subside money..... NOI says the government have paid and the marketer say no money was paid to their account.... so, this government is so deceitful and lies a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Gboliwe: 2:00pm On May 14, 2015
Didn't I see a headline earlier this week saying they had no problem with the committee?
http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/we-have-no-problem-jonathan-%E2%80%94buhari%E2%80%99s-committee

Everyday new attention seeking lies. Don't you guys get tayad?
Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 14, 2015
Great

”If that qualifies, in Metuh’s lexicon, as cooperation, then there is a problem somewhere. We dare Metuh or anyone for that matter, to controvert the fact that not a line of handover note has been handed over to our Transition Committee. Until then, Metuh has egg on his face". See finishing statement here.

Metuh sef

4 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by steppin: 2:09pm On May 14, 2015
Wait o! This party(APC) keeps confusing and playing Nigerians.
One side says one thing and the other says another.
I thought Buhari and his team said everything was going on smoothly?

2 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Archilouis(m): 2:09pm On May 14, 2015
Uhm...
Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 14, 2015
Jklue007:

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

Amaechi ur role model?

i pray u betray ur master

i pray u owe ur fathers mate(pensioneers) for 6 months

i pray u and ur successor be taken power by an ordinary man who's not on seat

i pray u become d judas of ur community and b rejected by ur ppl

i pray dat after working very hard to get a VP portfolio from ur oga and u go home in vain

i pray u will be denied positions SFG, petroleum minister etc.. and b compensated with ambassador of eran/iran

say yes to claim d prayer of ur role model

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by kentosman(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2015
Must we cry out for everything or is this a strategy in APC? Sometimes, one need to act and not necessarily tell the world what he will act. Tomorrow now we will hear that BUHARI cried like a baby when he saw the treasury very empty, APC alleges a plot to buy over tribunal e.tc.

POINT TO NOTE: Who are the moderators that sends some senseless posts to frontpage? they need koboko sometimes

4 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Emphany: 2:10pm On May 14, 2015
GMB complains a lot and so does the APC. "A man who fails to plan plans to fail",this is just the story of a comfused APC. The victory definately took them unaware.

3 Likes

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by eleko1: 2:11pm On May 14, 2015
sad PDP and TOM/JERRY lifestyle.No wonda they kal dem PDP.MAY 29 is just a few days away.Useless pipu

1 Like

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 14, 2015
Lai Mohammed vs Olisa Metuh...Epic!!! cool
Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by changevirus(m): 2:12pm On May 14, 2015
why do i dislike lai( lie )mohammed?
Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by mrphysics(m): 2:13pm On May 14, 2015
after may 29 we will hear the full story
Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 14, 2015
Wetin be GEJ own?

APC sef

1 Like

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by BlackPeni5: 2:15pm On May 14, 2015
Don't worry....only two weeks left.

Whether they transit well or not, you will be in control and the eyes of Nigerians will finally be on APC.

1 Like

Re: APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 14, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust / Senate: 12 Controversies In 12 Months / Attack On Rail Track Confirm Bandits Are Terrorists — CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.