Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) (56923 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
agborodun:
please how can i integrate the type of payment in https://lifetimecaringfoundation.org/donate1.php in a dreamweaver/wordpress site?

looks like a custom script.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by agborodun: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
hostkobo:

looks like a custom script.
How can I achieve it?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Dani4tech(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2015
I want to upload a file and make it available for visitors to download.
I can see the form to upload it but I don't understand how will I connect the file with my post.
I have seen on other blogs "Click here to download"
How can I do this?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2015
Thanks for the help on changing fonts.

I also need help here. So the link below is the demo of the theme I used.

http://pwtthemes.com/demo/honma/

1. I cant get the same theme to change colours on my blog. I tried using Background colour option but it did not work.
2. I want my site layout to look like that of the demo especially with the way the posts are shown on the main page of the site (scrolling option and images for each post)
3. Unlike the demo, opening pages on my site is slow. I don't know why.
My blog thefutureisolive.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dani4tech:
I want to upload a file and make it available for visitors to download.
I can see the form to upload it but I don't understand how will I connect the file with my post.
I have seen on other blogs "Click here to download"
How can I do this?

Image 1 -> How to upload, i think you should know that already

Image 2 -> Copy the link in the URL box

Image 3 -> Paste the link in the first box and type CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD in the other box.

Thats all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
salsera:
Thanks for the help on changing fonts.

I also need help here. So the link below is the demo of the theme I used.

http://pwtthemes.com/demo/honma/

1. I cant get the same theme to change colours on my blog. I tried using Background colour option but it did not work.

To change colors, you might have to look through your theme options carefully

2. I want my site layout to look like that of the demo especially with the way the posts are shown on the main page of the site (scrolling option and images for each post)

Save yourself the stress, install the dummy posts provided by the theme designer and follow the theme documentation,(you should have these if your purchased the theme legally)

3. Unlike the demo, opening pages on my site is slow. I don't know why.
My blog thefutureisolive.com

If your website is slow , look at your images and optimization generally, and remember your server is alos a huge factor

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Dani4tech(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
kombo:

Image 1 -> How to upload, i think you should know that already

Image 2 -> Copy the link in the URL box

Image 3 -> Paste the link in the first box and type CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD in the other box.

Thats all
God bless u bro
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
kombo:

-Kombo

How do I get the theme documentation?
It was a free theme from WordPress
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by SenatorPope(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2015
Good day bro, please i don't know if you can help me with the links for downloading these plugins for free or at a reduced price......though you said you like coding.
1. Soliloquy
2. Visual composer
3. Any other plugin you feel my wordpress site will need.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2015
salsera:

How do I get the theme documentation?
It was a free theme from WordPress

How did you get the theme?

Do you use a Bleep. account?

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2015
SenatorPope:
Good day bro, please i don't know if you can help me with the links for downloading these plugins for free or at a reduced price......though you said you like coding.
1. Soliloquy
2. Visual composer
Thanks in anticipation

Tell me what you want to achieve, I might have some shortcuts or alternative plugins for your use...

Be explicit. What do you want?

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
I INEED HELP, CREATED A WORDPRESS BLOG ON MY LOCAL SERVER , AM BROWSING USING SIMPLE SERVER AND WANT TO UPLOAD IT TO MY IPAGE HOSTING
ACCOUNT BUT THE FTPS AM USING; FILEZILLA, IS NOT INSTALLING, I TRIED, SMART FTP, WINSCP BUT THEY ARE NOT CONNECTING EVEN FIREFTP MOZZILLA ADDON, I TRIED CHANGING THEIR PROXY SETTINGS
BUT AM NOT REALY SEEING ANY RESPONSE, WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by SenatorPope(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for your response @ kombo.
The soliloquy is a picture slider plugin whilst that of the visual composer is used in adding elements in different ways to a webpage like in columns and rows easily.
Thanks again Boss.

kombo:

Tell me what you want to achieve, I might have some shortcuts or alternative plugins for your use...
Be explicit. What do you want?
-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
SenatorPope:
Thanks for your response @ kombo.
The soliloquy is a picture slider plugin whilst that of the visual composer is used in adding elements in different ways to a webpage like in columns and rows easily.
Thanks again Boss.

My opinion, there should be a ready made theme that does this, look for it and spend money on theme rather than plugins.

My opinion tho

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by azeezakande: 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
Please I'm new at this. But I recently opened azeezakande.com. I have the contents to upload but I want to the design/theme to be nice before uploading the content. Please can u help.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by deedat205(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2015
Good day guys. Please I want to design a website about wallpapers and I need a theme that can make me achieve this. Thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 10:03am On Jun 12, 2015
azeezakande:
Please I'm new at this. But I recently opened azeezakande.com. I have the contents to upload but I want to the design/theme to be nice before uploading the content. Please can u help.

yes, I can help.

what kind of site are you planning to launch, as in will azeezakande.com be about the person(azeez akande), a company, religious , an NGO, a political blog, etc

what is the focus of azeez akande?

send me a message, ill contact u back.

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2015
deedat205:
Good day guys. Please I want to design a website about wallpapers and I need a theme that can make me achieve this. Thanks

suggestion:
platform: wordpress
theme: Wallpaper - Multi-Purpose Wordpress Theme
preview: http://themeforest.net/item/wallpaper-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/9517036

p.s: i can help set things up for you!!
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by azeezakande: 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
hostkobo:

yes, I can help.

what kind of site are you planning to launch, as in will azeezakande.com be about the person(azeez akande), a company, religious , an NGO, a political blog, etc

what is the focus of azeez akande?

send me a message, ill contact u back.

regards,
HK

The site will be about me(Azeez Akande) everyday things I encounter. I want to be able to upload audio, videos. Pictures.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
azeezakande:

The site will be about me(Azeez Akande) everyday things I encounter. I want to be able to upload audio, videos. Pictures.

Ok, send me an sms, then I'll contact you. My # is below:

pls mention azeezakande.com in the sms

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by aristosoft(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
kombo:

Hi Pal,

I am not the regular plugin guy, I like tweaking and going deep into the codes... LOL (Plugins occupies disk space and increases CPU usage... call me old school... I like it like that) grin

What I will advise (Depends on how COMPLEX your website is).

TO BACKUP

There is an Export option that comes with every wordpress, Dashboard-> Tools-> Export

- Click on Export
- Select All Content
- Download Export File

- Next, go into your website control panel (CPanel) via your host provider or using FTP applications like Filezilla
- Copy out the folder wp-content

TO RESTORE
- Dashboard -> Tools -> Import
- Select downloaded file and Import
- Open FTP... add the backed up files in wp-content folder to the new/empty wp-content folder

And you are good to go

My assumptions
- You know about wordpress already
- You have CPanel/FTP access to your host account
- You are backing up and restoring to same website with same domain name.

-Kombo

Na lie! It's either you no wan tell am or you no know.
Dem plenty which handles lots of things for you cleanly.
Me too wont tell you but google is there.
Even some security plugins handle that too.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by azeezakande: 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
Please I didn't see your number o.

This is about azeezakande.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
Aspireahead:

thanks for that review but please how do i deal with the security tip?

here: http://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess_for_subdirectories
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hulega(m): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2015
hello kombo, how do I fix WordPress site showing internal server error.thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
Thanks for this thread.
I'm creating my portfolio. But recently, whenever i try installing premium themes, it gives me an error message. "Are you sure you want to do this?"
The only available option is try again but still no success.
I would have given you links to see what i mean but i'm working on my localhost.
I've googled for solutions but nothing worked. They said i should unzip the downloaded theme and i'll find another zipped folder inside and that's the one to use. But no such thing.
Has anyone encountered and fixed such issues? Please help a sister out.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
hulega:
hello kombo, how do I fix WordPress site showing internal server error.thanks

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 9:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
veegirl:
Thanks for this thread.
I'm creating my portfolio. But recently, whenever i try installing premium themes, it gives me an error message. "Are you sure you want to do this?"
The only available option is try again but still no success.
I would have given you links to see what i mean but i'm working on my localhost.
I've googled for solutions but nothing worked. They said i should unzip the downloaded theme and i'll find another zipped folder inside and that's the one to use. But no such thing.
Has anyone encountered and fixed such issues? Please help a sister out.

q1) is your theme compatible with your wordpress version?

q2) if you have control panel access to your hosting DIR, try increasing your max_execution_time, your max_input_time, and your memory_limit, via your php.ini file.

If you do not have a php.ini file, install one using the PHP Config icon in the cPanel.

setting that could work:
max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 64M

if the above seem "like rocket science" to you, buzz me, ill help you out...

cheers
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
hostkobo:

q1) is your theme compatible with your wordpress version?

q2) if you have control panel access to your hosting DIR, try increasing your max_execution_time, your max_input_time, and your memory_limit, via your php.ini file.

If you do not have a php.ini file, install one using the PHP Config icon in the cPanel.

setting that could work:
max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 64M

if the above seem "like rocket science" to you, buzz me, ill help you out...

cheers
HK
Thanks for d response. I'm using localhost....not hosting any yet. Its just for portfolio purpose.
The theme is compatible wit the wordpress i installed and i have done all that adjustment to my php.ini file but none of that worked.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
veegirl:

Thanks for d response. I'm using localhost....not hosting any yet. Its just for portfolio purpose.
The theme is compatible wit the wordpress i installed and i have done all that adjustment to my php.ini file but none of that worked.

what is the name of your portfolio theme?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by aristosoft(m): 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
veegirl:

Simple thing you can do is this. Extract the theme folder, copy and past it into your theme directory. It will automatically show.
You can locate your theme directory at c:/www/wamp/wordpress-folder/wp-contents/themes or c:/xamp/htdocs/wordpress-folder/wp-contents/themes for wamp and xampp respectively.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by aristosoft(m): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
SenatorPope:
1. Soliloquy
2. Visual composer
Thanks in anticipation

Each premium plugin is like $20 - $40 at themeforest but I can give you a collection of 10-20 recent premium ones you will need at a reduced price, DM me for details.

T & C applies.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
aristosoft:

Simple thing you can do is this. Extract the theme folder, copy and past it into your theme directory. It will automatically show.
You can locate your theme directory at c:/www/wamp/wordpress-folder/wp-contents/themes or c:/xamp/htdocs/wordpress-folder/wp-contents/themes for wamp and xampp respectively.

Wow....thanks. I'll give that a trial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

How To Open And Verify Paypal Account In Nigeria Using Bank Atm Card / Mark Zuckerberg Is In Nigeria! (CC Hub, Yaba Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Writes On His Meeting With Buhari And Osinbajo In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.