Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa (37162 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by superstar1(m): 8:49am On May 15, 2015
segend:
I think GEJ did most of his projects outside SE and SS because he expects them to vote for him. Doing the projects in other zones is to win their support. That's where I think he got his campaign wrong, most people aren't aware of most of these projects. Instead of making noise with what you did, you were busy attacking your opponents, making it look like you did nothing, and the online campaigners didn't help matters, I know more about GEj's accomplishment and projects than them.

Please show us his quality achievements and not propaganda noise making.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:49am On May 15, 2015
Reverse it and touch the oil in delta? This is a big trap set for him.
teeowl:
what of if buhari reverts it back...
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by activefibre1(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2015
the prsident was a good man before, now him din turn badooo, nice guys get dumped..
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by M4gunners: 8:56am On May 15, 2015
Chiaka:

Oil production is in Bayelta, Rivers , Warri area etc and service is miles away. The first time I learnt about this project it really got me wondering but its better now, it should be close to base of operation. That's the right thinking thing to do
You are right,but did they have to award it first to that miles?Anyway all i care is the project should completed no matter where it is.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Greatidonis: 8:57am On May 15, 2015
Slow motion president, for 8 years 2 years as VP he did nothing for the South South region that was crying of maginalization long before he got there even with the agitation he got there and forgot all that. See no one will welcome this man back. He should remain in Abuja. Even the road leading to Otuake is very bad. Yeye dey smell

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by proxillin(m): 8:59am On May 15, 2015
owobokiri:

Jonathan should have learnt from Ironsis generational blunders. Honestly, I can't believe that a president from the east will make the same mistakes Ironsi made after witnessing the monumental consequences. Politically, the former eastern Nigeria is what it is today not necessarily because of Nzeogwus putsh, but because of Ironsis gross mismanagement of the aftermath.. , bending backwards just to accommodate a group that are politically insatiable and can only be happy when the incharge.

Nigerians did not benefit anything for Jonathan. ALl these useless tribal chest beating. North south west east. Noone benefitted from Jonthan.

The only group that benefitted from Jonathan are OPC, Niger-delta militant.

" politically insatiable" - Did these politically insatiable people get stable electricity more than other tribe? Did they get special security.

Is Madueke (Igbo woman who is responsible for the missing 20billion dollar part of the politically insatiable?)

Lets reason with our brains.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by superstar1(m): 9:01am On May 15, 2015
meccuno:
seriously...I agree with your submission. I blame GEJ for these miscalculated steps....since the North has decided that we cannot have true federalism,the best thing to do is site projects where they are supposed to be.....imagine kaduna having a refinery and they do not produce a single drop of oil.......we have major ports in Nigeria like onne,calabar and warri ports....but they are not functional to reasons I do not understand......lagos and abuja have gotten a large share of federal assisted projects and I think these development should be spread across.....lagos is being congested......dangote is about to build a new refinery in lagos......that is concentrating too much there....I think another move is to return all head offices of the oil firms back to where they belong....that is the Niger delta.....at least when things are done how they are supposed to be done,I doubt if there would be shouts of marginalisation.......and I heard that the letter to this effect was dated 30th april....so the decision was made before the elections

Oil companies siting their offices in a particular place is not the decision of the government, but of the company. They can even site it in Accra and be controlling their Nigeria business from there. Ecobank's HQ is in Togo, Stan Chart HQ is in Uk, Stanbic is in SA, Citibank is in NY. Which government can force them to relocate to Nigeria?

They are a private entity. When OBJ tried to forced banks to relocate their HQ to Abuja, it never worked.

It is left to the coalition of states in a regional presentation for them to appeal to the companies, making them to see the merits.

Investors will be in a place where they are guaranteed of safety of lives and their properties, non-militancy and no piracy activities. All these will have to form a key part of the presentation and selling points to the oil majors by the SS Regional Community.

How many times have you heard the Indigenes of Lagos State marching to Chevron or Mobil, demanding employment or making stupid demands on such companies. I am sure, Warri has learnt its lessons, they will never tow the line of war in a long time to come. All the oil servicing relocated from there, during the dark days of Warri War. It has been an herculean task, getting those companies to come back fully. Most of them still have their HQ in Lagos and Field Office in Warri with minimal assets.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Chiaka(f): 9:01am On May 15, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Jonathan wants to turn Bayelsa state to Dubai from now till 29th.

Too late Mr. President,too late!

Better Late than Never!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Chiaka(f): 9:04am On May 15, 2015
jomoh:

Who says those militants are ready to work? They are bunch of lazy criminals who's only interest is scooping the oil and selling it. Just because it is located in their backyard.

Rubbish! lots of intelligent vibrant guys from SS, hard working you think everyone is a militant there.....
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Chiaka(f): 9:04am On May 15, 2015
jomoh:

Who says those militants are ready to work? They are bunch of lazy criminals who's only interest is scooping the oil and selling it. Just because it is located in their backyard.

Rubbish! lots of intelligent vibrant guys from SS, hard working you think everyone is not a militant there.....
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by fkaz(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Reverse it and touch the oil in delta? This is a big trap set for him.

Which mumu trap are you talking about? The project is private public partnership, jonathan has fifteen(15) days to go, if buhari assume office may 29th and the company insist that they don't want to go to bayelsa. Buhari has know option than to reverse the project back to lagos, since the project is run by a private company. Jonathan should go and look for a private investor that will build that of bayelsa.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Ellashow: 9:09am On May 15, 2015
dewstar:
I guess he has just realised the ONE NIGERIA he was trying to promote by pleasing only the North was just a farce after all.

At eleventh hour? I now understand why people called him........
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Ellashow: 9:15am On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:
My friend Preye Aganaba will be delighted with this new development but never late than never. This is to show the GEJ knows exactly what to do, but was deceived by greedy Niger Deltan politicians who cost him his 2nd term. That project was never meant to be in Lagos, but just to buy the south west votes, he foolishly took it there, another hurdle will be taking it back.

An ongoing projects can not be moved within 13 days. So, basically, he failed already.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by klax(m): 9:15am On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
And you had to open that your gutter you call mouth to abuse your parents just to make a silly point? undecided

Yes ,he didn't do anything for us but we love him and that is what matters - Now you can go hang yourself by the balls.

Oloriburuku.

Don't mind that dude may be he is one of those bastards like Amaechi. I wonder some Niger Delta saying Gej did nothing go and check yourself very well and beside he is your brother stand by him by the way all the Almanjiris that has be ruling since time immoral pls show me one good thing they did for the North I mean one good thing kindly show us And yet their people stood by them. Guys wake up especially people from South region of Nigeria to date how many of these Almanjiris have we seen criticizing their past leader how many please It's only we the South who carry things on our heads, I'm tired abeg.

If Gej has turn Niger Delta to dubai I bet it these same people will not satisfy. Gej has done the little he can do all over the country I remain on the fact that he had better record in term of development than any past president ever rule Nigeria take it or leave it.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 9:22am On May 15, 2015
gratiaeo:

The letter read: “Please, be informed that Mr President has via PRESS/S9/MT/212 of April 20, 2015 approved that the FPSO (Floating Production Storage & Offloading) project can be located at Agge, Bayelsa State when the facilities to handle such operations are developed. In addition, the project can be conveniently located at any dedicated Oil and Gas Terminal”.

Please choose the appropriate response

A. Not going to happen
B. Can happen
C. May Happen
D. Will happen
E Will nearly happen

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:22am On May 15, 2015
Next time you are quoting Captain, always abstain from from insult, not everybody here is your mate
fkaz:

Which mumu trap are you talking about? The project is private public partnership, jonathan has fifteen(15) days to go, if buhari assume office may 29th and the company insist that they don't want to go to bayelsa. Buhari has know option than to reverse the project back to lagos, since the project is run by a private company. Jonathan should go and look for a private investor that will build that of bayelsa.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by jaybee(f): 9:24am On May 15, 2015
dearpreye:
Good one there. We have been shouting on this Agge Port Project for years. Move it there ASAP.

It's now finally dawned on him that every President must make their states a viable place.

Move it there.

IF ITS THIS ONGOING LADOL PROJECT, THEN BE PREPARED TO KEEP SHOUTING COS IT HAS COME TO STAY IN TAKWA BAY.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Ellashow: 9:28am On May 15, 2015
dearpreye:

It's shocking. He got carried away with the phantom ONE NIGERIA project.

Now he knows better.

He's not carried away with One Nigeria because GEJ is the most divisive president we ever had in Nigeria.

What I see is that, Gej doesn't have mind and balls of his own and believe whatever the people he thinks are experts and intelligents without giving it thought of his.

Why do you think they ranked him 5th position of people currently ruling Nigeria because he's clueless of the Country he governed.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 9:29am On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:
My friend Preye Aganaba will be delighted with this new development but never late than never. This is to show the GEJ knows exactly what to do, but was deceived by greedy Niger Deltan politicians who cost him his 2nd term. That project was never meant to be in Lagos, but just to buy the south west votes, he foolishly took it there, another hurdle will be taking it back.
It is a private business not a government project repeat the word BUSINESS .Government did not take it anywhere. Who wants to put their money in the middle of kidnappers and militants and people always threatening to blow things up?. Why should government get involved in where a business is located. If company making tinned sardines decide that the best place to site their factory is Jigawa state and they do not break an law that is their problem

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by porka: 9:33am On May 15, 2015
Sibrah:
This man left the whole ND to focus on Bayelsa alone. Fed Uni Bayelsa too

[size=16pt]That's not true.

The multi-billion dollars NLNG headquarters was relocated to Port Harcourt.[/size]
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by jaybee(f): 9:33am On May 15, 2015
ALL OF YOU JOINING ISSUES WITH THE DUMBOS ON NL, LET ME ASK YOU THESE QUESTIONS:

1. IS THE PROJECT JONATHAN'S PROJECT?

2. WAS THE PROJECT ESTABLISHED BY PRESIDENTIAL ORDER?

3. IS IT THE PRESIDENT THAT DECIDED THE LOCATION OF THE PROJECT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

4. IS JONATHAN'S ORDER FINAL?

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by TopHand: 9:34am On May 15, 2015
GEJ stop revealing your stupidity, just a $500million project which by the way is mainly funded with private money, where is Nigeria's $20billion, you are fighting like a dog over scraps becos when you look around you it dawns on that you did nothing tangible, even your own state nothing to show, you and your ministers reinvented corruption to a new level stole, fleets of private jets, fleets of bullet proof cars, millions of dollars worth of masions and properties in the united states, europe and dubai, now when it is too late you theives are crying fake monkey tears, you tell your people a storm is coming you are all going to be persecuted, how much is your annual salaries? now explain the millions dollars and pounds in your overseas accounts, some people have been crying out GEJ forever, GEJ my hero, fools and idiots, your hero spent 6 years and lacked standard basic sense to establish just one simple stragegic industy in his state, mumu people GEJ for life! standing there in ya pant opening ya parrot mouth GEJ your hero, you people always insult the northerners they are throw away children etc, who developed nigeria? asaba bridge built in 18 months by northern prime minister, your man GEJ 6 years trillions of dollars and still no 2nd niger bridge, if this is going to offend anybody sorry but this is the truth, south-south never again will you get the opportunity to produce the president never ever ever again. So let me just say goodbye Goodluck goodbye mama piss, thank you for nothing, may God almighty never let an abomination like you befall nigeria again Amin.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Truckpusher(m): 9:35am On May 15, 2015
klax:

Don't mind that dude may be he is one of those bastards like Amaechi. I wonder some Niger Delta saying Gej did nothing go and check yourself very well and beside he is your brother stand by him by the way all the Almanjiris that has be ruling since time immoral pls show me one good thing they did for the North I mean one good thing kindly show us And yet their people stood by them. Guys wake up especially people from South region of Nigeria to date how many of these Almanjiris have we seen criticizing their past leader how many please It's only we the South who carry things on our heads, I'm tired abeg.

If Gej has turn Niger Delta to dubai I bet it these same people will not satisfy. Gej has done the little he can do all over the country I remain on the fact that he had better record in term of development than any past president ever rule Nigeria take it or leave it.
I got your drift bro
Let them keep crying more than the bereaved . grin
The message is simple ,we love our leader in the person of Jonathan, the rest of the country can make us a long noose and hang themselves.
They should be thanking Jonathan I swear.
people like me would have killed my way into Aso Rock after considering how they looted my resources and messed up my homeland.
Obasanjo would have been my first target after helping him during Yaradua's issue ,with enough money in the hands of Bode George and oil well deals in the hands of South West leaders, Tinubu would wind up in jail with lots of facts and trumped up charges and finally Timipre Silver would have been my first example to every SS and SE Governors that refused to fall in line.

Of course Buhari would have been taken care of with the menace of Boko Haram.

Jonathan is just a good man. cool

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by porka: 9:43am On May 15, 2015
Greatidonis:
Slow motion president, for 8 years 2 years as VP he did nothing for the South South region that was crying of maginalization long before he got there even with the agitation he got there and forgot all that. See no one will welcome this man back. He should remain in Abuja. Even the road leading to Otuake is very bad. Yeye dey smell

The Ministry of Niger Delta was created as a result of Jonathan's influence then as the VP.[/size]
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by porka: 9:47am On May 15, 2015
TopHand:
GEJ stop revealing your stupidity, just a $500million project which by the way is mainly funded with private money, where is Nigeria's $20billion, you are fighting like a dog over scraps becos when you look around you it dawns on that you did nothing tangible, even your own state nothing to show, you and your ministers reinvented corruption to a new level stole, fleets of private jets, fleets of bullet proof cars, millions of dollars worth of masions and properties in the united states, europe and dubai, now when it is too late you theives are crying fake monkey tears, you tell your people a storm is coming you are all going to be persecuted, how much is your annual salaries? now explain the millions dollars and pounds in your overseas accounts, some people have been crying out GEJ forever, GEJ my hero, fools and idiots, your hero spent 6 years and lacked standard basic sense to establish just one simple stragegic industy in his state, mumu people GEJ for life! standing there in ya pant opening ya parrot mouth GEJ your hero, you people always insult the northerners they are throw away children etc, who developed nigeria? asaba bridge built in 18 months by northern prime minister, your man GEJ 6 years trillions of dollars and still no 2nd niger bridge, if this is going to offend anybody sorry but this is the truth, south-south never again will you get the opportunity to produce the president never ever ever again. So let me just say goodbye Goodluck goodbye mama piss, thank you for nothing, may God almighty never let an abomination like you befall nigeria again Amin.

[size=16pt]Update yourself.

The 'whistleblowing' Emir has reduced the figure to $18.5b

For the fifth time.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by ENZOSCIFO1: 9:48am On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Jonathan fuccked up the Niger Delta people but we love him despite that and that won't change at all.

Abeg speak for yourself for my household (Niger deltan family) calling Jona name is a taboo that how much we "LOVE" the goat!

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by NsikanMoses: 9:50am On May 15, 2015
Some times I am compelled to accept the general name given to him by some idiots in the social media as 'CLUELESS'. What was he thinking for the past six years. I think some of us in the Niger Delta are not happy with his Government.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 9:51am On May 15, 2015
porka:

The multi-billion dollars NLNG headquarters was relocated to Port Harcourt.[/size]

What is multibillion dollars about ANY HEADQUARTERS in the whole world. We are not in a village market.? There was nothing special about NLNG headquarters

The Niger Delta is more than Ijaw land. What did he do for Ogonis? Did he succeed in cleaning their land,stopping flaring of gas? Wht about the Efiks,Isokos,Urhobos and Itsekiris ?What did he do for them.
The fact is he is conflicted in his mind toward the SW. He is not very good at hiding his true feelings.The SW read him clearly and booted him out.It is clear what he had in stock for the SW if he had won

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by disumusa: 9:54am On May 15, 2015
Goodluck jonathan may your soul R.I.P
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by babestella: 9:59am On May 15, 2015
I think it's late, but if he said it maybe he feels it's not late yet.

BTW, I thought Tinubu and uncle Fashola told Nigerians that the federal government have no interest in building infrastructure in Lagos. Hypocrites.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by kel4soft: 10:00am On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:

It is a private business not a government project repeat the word BUSINESS .Government did not take it anywhere. Who wants to put their money in the middle of kidnappers and militants and people always threatening to blow things up?. Why should government get involved in where a business is located. If company making tinned sardines decide that the best place to site their factory is Jigawa state and they do not break an law that is their problem

You should know about a topic before commenting. That project, I repeat, was never meant to be in Lagos State, it was just a ploy to win the votes of the SW that made Jonathan to site the project there. What BUSINESS are you talking about my friend? I doubt if you know the nature of the business before typing this gibberish. Mind you, I voted for Buhari.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by meccuno: 10:00am On May 15, 2015
superstar1:

Oil companies siting their offices in a particular place is not the decision of the government, but of the company. They can even site it in Accra and be controlling their Nigeria business from there. Ecobank's HQ is in Togo, Stan Chart HQ is in Uk, Stanbic is in SA, Citibank is in NY. Which government can force them to relocate to Nigeria?

They are a private entity. When OBJ tried to forced banks to relocate their HQ to Abuja, it never worked.

It is left to the coalition of states in a regional presentation for them to appeal to the companies, making them to see the merits.

Investors will be in a place where they are guaranteed of safety of lives and their properties, non-militancy and no piracy activities. All these will have to form a key part of the presentation and selling points to the oil majors by the SS Regional Community.

How many times have you heard the Indigenes of Lagos State marching to Chevron or Mobil, demanding employment or making stupid demands on such companies.

the siting of these headquarters where a political decision.......I think that regions should be aware of their characteristics and the govt should work on the strengths of these regions.....the north has solid minerals they should work on that. The oil exploration and management should be done in the region that creates that......we should even think of relieving lagos of some stress....because lagos is getting too congested.....let development go round so that there would be less calls for division if things are done right.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs / Edo: Heavy Security, As INEC Begins Distribution Of Sensitive Materials (Photos) / APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.