Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa (37161 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 15, 2015
The project is done by LADOL, the shareholders are institutional investors, foreign investors and Lagos state government. FG came into project in the last minute through NPA, when they saw how viable the project will be due to the scrambling by foreign investors for ownership in LADOL.
LADOL means Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics.

From the fact given above, it is clear that there are many projects in Lagos Free Trade Zone. Had it been that the proposed Dangote Refinery is completed, GEJ can also give order to its relocation to Bayelsa or any oil producing states. What happens to various ports fabrication facilities in many industrial cities of the world and many refineries in many cities of the world. The study of botany is quite different from deep and analytical thinking that brings development of mind and good reasoning and judgement

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 5:37pm On May 15, 2015
Most people commenting have no idea what they are talking about saying it must be fabricated where there is oil. This is as logical as saying weapons must be manufactured where there is war

The main input into the Platform is STEEL. Specializesd steel that will stand in the ocean for years without corroding. We do not make such steel in Nigeria. Such a job has to be done in an environment of safety and technical suitability

The other inputs are several not least is skilled manpower which we do not have and of course entrepreneurial vision and drive in a Nigerian person. Asari dokubo and Tompolo decided they were more interested in the education and security sectors of the economy. There is now a local content law and on the basis of that law LADOL have developed their company to operate in LAGOS . The law says Nigeria not Bayelsa. In the past the platforms were assembled in Korea and then shipped to Nigeria so why is it controversial if a business decides to manufacture in Lagos. Lagos has an attraction obviously because there is a port there that an handle the tonnage of steel involved and is relatively safe for expatriate staff.The business decided to operate from Lagos that is their choice and it is petty in the extreme for government to get involved at all. To do so at this time and in this way is simply churlish and childish

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by superstar1(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
Most people commenting have no idea what they are talking about saying it must be fabricated where there is oil. This is as logical as saying weapons must be manufactured where there is war

The main input into the Platform is STEEL. Specializesd steel that will stand in the ocean for years without corroding. We do not make such steel in Nigeria. Such a job has to be done in an environment of safety and technical suitability

The other inputs are several not least is skilled manpower which we do not have and of course entrepreneurial vision and drive in a Nigerian person. Asari dokubo and Tompolo decided they were more interested in the education and security sectors of the economy. There is now a local content law and on the basis of that law LADOL have developed their company to operate in LAGOS . The law says Nigeria not Bayelsa. In the past the platforms were assembled in Korea and then shipped to Nigeria so why is it controversial if a business decides to manufacture in Lagos. Lagos has an attraction obviously because there is a port there that an handle the tonnage of steel involved and is relatively safe for expatriate staff.The business decided to operate from Lagos that is their choice and it is petty in the extreme for government to get involved at all. To do so at this time and in this way is simply churlish and childish

You are just wasting your time explaining all this.

GEJ is a joker and a clown.

His order is as empty as his cluelessness.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Jesusloveyou: 7:13pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Jonathan fuccked up the Niger Delta people but we love him despite that and that won't change at all.
so u believe gej fucck up big time and u stil love him for that, what an hypocrate and a bigot u are, i am ashame of our youth and d future of dis country

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Truckpusher(m): 7:26pm On May 15, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
so u believe gej fucck up big time and u stil love him for that, what an hypocrate and a bigot u are, i am ashame of our youth and d future of dis country
I never knew I was your role model.

Shift abeg, until you arraign Tinubu,Fashola and Obasanjo , the randy old farmer from Ota before a competent court of law , void of any ethnocentric sentiment.

Thunder fire your mama. grin
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Jesusloveyou: 7:37pm On May 15, 2015
Sunnymatey:
Sorry sir, you woke up when ur head is know longer on ur shoulders, u misused a whole 5 yrs given to u to developed our neglected Niger Delta but u decided to sleep over it. It's not ur fault, a spell was cast on you. But faaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! toooooo late now.
not only spell, gej is a curse to nigeria

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by toseen29: 7:57pm On May 15, 2015
Another wrong move by GEJ, by now he ought to have discover himself but it seems every steps GEJ takes ends up been a wrong one. You cannot use a private business location to appease to your community unless you owns the business itself. The FPSO will end up in Egbina after completion but not the production facilities itself. The company has an existing facility which they are also expanding so as to accomodate the volume of materials that will be use in this project so why other them to relocate to a new place. this should purely be a business decision by the business owners not executive fiat.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Imokay: 8:27pm On May 15, 2015
meccuno:
seriously...I agree with your submission. I blame GEJ for these miscalculated steps....since the North has decided that we cannot have true federalism,the best thing to do is site projects where they are supposed to be.....imagine kaduna having a refinery and they do not produce a single drop of oil.......we have major ports in Nigeria like onne,calabar and warri ports....but they are not functional to reasons I do not understand......lagos and abuja have gotten a large share of federal assisted projects and I think these development should be spread across.....lagos is being congested......dangote is about to build a new refinery in lagos......that is concentrating too much there....I think another move is to return all head offices of the oil firms back to where they belong....that is the Niger delta.....at least when things are done how they are supposed to be done,I doubt if there would be shouts of marginalisation.......and I heard that the letter to this effect was dated 30th april....so the decision was made before the elections

You people reason from your ass i swear, what is the problem with Kaduna having a refinery? The countries we sell crude oil to must they produce oil before they have a refinery? Liberia and Ivory Coast have refineries do they produce oil?

Your type will be comfortable with the current moronic situation where refineries in Ecuador, Brazil, Ghana, Honduras, Mexico and other nameless countries supply our fuel, yet complain about one refinery in the north even with 3 in the Niger delta

Tribalism has so finished your thinking faculty, You can as well say Lagos should not have chocolate factory or abattoir because they don't grow cocoa or have raise cattle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Imokay: 8:31pm On May 15, 2015
Chiaka:

Oil production is in Bayelta, Rivers , Warri area etc and service is miles away. The first time I learnt about this project it really got me wondering but its better now, it should be close to base of operation. That's the right thinking thing to do

From your hell hole cave you are wiser than the investors who are staking $500 million and you can dictate the location to them without staking one penny. With this clueless order watch the investors withdraw and take away the jobs to a saner country. They will do the logistics job from there and get their margin in any case, that will make you happier i guess.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Imokay: 8:43pm On May 15, 2015
porka:

[size=16pt]That's not true.

The multi-billion dollars NLNG headquarters was relocated to Port Harcourt.[/size]

See this yeye one, them use multi-billion dollar build ordinary headquarters in Port Harcourt. You people just type without thinking
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by mickey45: 8:47pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Jonathan fuccked up the Niger Delta people but we love him despite that and that won't change at all.

I've been meaning to reach you o bro! How's all?
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Imokay: 8:56pm On May 15, 2015
victorels:

What do you think the project is?
The letter said the president approved the relocation of the project to bayelsa. That means their had been negotiation already. This woman is only attracting public sympathy because she felt the project is going to be removed from her region. Besides, she is an employee of the federal government. The government is not asking them to relocate their company to bayelsa but the project they helped the federal government execute.
From my understanding, the project is a floating object. Its not something they are going to start rebuilding. And every instruction from government is an order that must be obeyed.

Olodo, where did you pull this fake story from? Amy Jadesinmi a Federal government employee? you better stop smoking that evostic, stick to just sniffing

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Touchforfree(m): 10:27pm On May 15, 2015
ideykwum:
Honestly, Goodluck failed the Niger-Delta!!!

He failed everywhere but woeful in South-West.

He only satisfied individuals and groups of people.

He's now running here & there @ d eleventh hour.

Sai anjhima......
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by tomakint: 10:59pm On May 15, 2015
This is a belated move to subvert the business empire built over the years by a hardworking couple by Presidential fiat......by my own understanding, Jonathan is trying to create an impression for his people but I don't think this is the way to go ....14 more days to go he can bring his Presidential influence to bear by raising South-South and other faithful industrialists of high repute simply by making them arrow heads of reputable industries in the textile and steel section.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Kingspin(m): 11:16pm On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
Lagos remains the cheapest and therefore the most logical place for a port. The access into Lagos is unlike the swamp,mangrove or inland waterways elsewhere which pose a risk in terms of depth and cost of dredging with environmental impact and compensation costs and the more recent security risks or inland waterways i.e kidnapping and piracy. Unfortunately the road infrastructure in Nigeria has been built around Lagos as the main port from the perspective of the NW,NC and SW and also NE . To have a competitive port in the SS is a very good idea but I do not see private investors doing it from a business perspective for the reasons above and the absence of EVACUATION infrastructure i.e roads/rail. Government does not have the money
Yes, but nothing last for ever.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by agabusta: 1:07am On May 16, 2015
babestella:
I think it's late, but if he said it maybe he feels it's not late yet.

BTW, I thought Tinubu and uncle Fashola told Nigerians that the federal government have no interest in building infrastructure in Lagos. Hypocrites.

Help urself, read the story comprehensively pls. It is not a sole Federal govt project. It is more of a private business.

In fact, the proponents have already picked holes in the presidential directive. Me as an investor, u cannot mandate me to site my business where my feasibility study did not recommend.

The project is already ongoing, they will just ignore Jona for the next 2 weeks and through the influence of the VP elect, GMB will withdraw the clueless directive from the gazette and feed it into a shredder.

Feed on this additional information. Stop beefing Lagos. Task your leaders to be creative and to have foresight.

manie:

The project is done by LADOL, the shareholders are institutional investors, foreign investors and Lagos state government. FG came into project in the last minute through NPA, when they saw how viable the project will be due to the scrambling by foreign investors for ownership in LADOL.

LADOL means Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics

http://www.ladolfreezone.com/
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by richeso: 3:12am On May 16, 2015
teeowl:
what of if buhari reverts it back...

he has no power to do that.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 6:15am On May 16, 2015
Imokay:

Olodo, where did you pull this fake story from? Amy Jadesinmi a Federal government employee? you better stop smoking that evostic, stick to just sniffing
You are funny. Did she decided to do the contract on her own. Was she not contracted or entered an agreement with the government.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by manie(m): 8:10am On May 16, 2015
richeso:

he has no power to do that.

https://www.nairaland.com/2317051/
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Chiaka(f): 9:14am On May 18, 2015
Imokay:

From your hell hole cave you are wiser than the investors who are staking $500 million and you can dictate the location to them without staking one penny. With this clueless order watch the investors withdraw and take away the jobs to a saner country. They will do the logistics job from there and get their margin in any case, that will make you happier i guess.

The investors stand to gain a lot anyway. Let them risk to say the aint no more going with the project/contract and tens of other investor line up to pick the job, so no biggy!. Nearness is a key factor to be considered when siting industry, it was politically motivated in the first instance, its only common sense to sit industry near as much as possible to the raw material. You don't have to cause to make a point 'From your hell hole cave you' - very uncivil way to communicate
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 11:53am On May 07, 2021
Going NOWHERE
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by aribisala0(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2022
Dem done relocate?
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by aribisala0(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2022

This yoruba woman does not know what an order is. She is playing intelligence because it is being moved out of south west area. She is not even telling us why it should be onTakwa Bay and not in Bayelsa. She has done well for herself but her company is firing her very soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs / Edo: Heavy Security, As INEC Begins Distribution Of Sensitive Materials (Photos) / APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.