Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,034 members, 7,803,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB (19292 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Second Edition Winner::FUNAAB -Congratulations- / Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Two :Abu Zaria vs Funaab WINNER: FUNAAB / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Fynestboi: 9:23am On May 18, 2015
Do I need to announce the winner. Lol
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Fynestboi: 9:34am On May 18, 2015
All is down and set, as the result is out and well. The battle was fierce and the brawl was severe as UNILORIN and FUNAAB threw literal swords at each other after the battle line was drawn by US. Lots of word will not full a bushel, getting straight to the point. The winner can be obviously fathomed out of the previous posts but it needs to be officially done.

Therefore, I use this medium to declare FUNAAB as the WINNER of this duo contest after summing up a total score of ,67.5 defeating its very competitive counterpart, FUNAAB who summed up a total score of 28.75Thumbsup to both teams, you all made sense but this is a competition, there's no two winners.

WINNER : FUNAAB
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Smhart1(f): 10:04am On May 18, 2015
olu4life:

I was about saying that. Nice to see our students reppin us. Proudly Alumni of Unaab now Funaab #TeamFunaab. I hope oyewole is treating u guys well cos d report about him so far isnt impressive.Pls someone should mention me when the winner is announced. Thanks
And the winner is.....

........FUNAAB......
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by segxes23(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2015
I hear o, 16 days to leaving BBF fa
whizqueen:
Segxes23,, come n rep BBF university o
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by segxes23(m): 10:25am On May 18, 2015
Thumbs up Neyoor, good place to start. You are not alone brov
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by olu4life(m): 10:27am On May 18, 2015
Smhart1:
And the winner is.....

........FUNAAB......
Wooooow!!!! Dats my Alma Mata... Always Leading... Ilorin na just hype tongue

Thanks dear for d alert
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Nunushokoto(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2015
Wow. Happy......Funaab all d way
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Nunushokoto(m): 10:53am On May 18, 2015
Fynestboi,hu are we facing next
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by whizqueen(f): 11:39am On May 18, 2015
segxes23:
I hear o, 16 days to leaving BBF fa
It's still gonna be your Alma Mata na
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Nobody: 11:53am On May 18, 2015
Congrats to the winner, my co-debaters from FUNAAB. I appreciate and salute both of you for ur intellectual display, it's really been an interesting and educative duel. One way or the other, I have learnt from both of you. Wish you all the best.

To the Judges and the cordinator. I appreciate you for making this task a success, thanks for pointing out my flaws, for I have definitely learn a lot from this competition.

Though, there is no excuse for failure, I can't start blaming my shortcomings on anything for now, but I believe I can do better. Just that this period and the time frame tells a lot on me.

To the better by far students, I'm indeed very sorry for failing you guys. I appreciate the support and encouragement given to me by you people.

Thanks and God bless!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Champion01(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2015
Neyoor:
Congrats to the winner, my co-debaters from FUNAAB. I appreciate and salute both of you for ur intellectual display, it's really been an interesting and educative duel. One way or the other, I have learnt from both of you. Wish you all the best.

To the Judges and the cordinator. I appreciate you for making this task a success, thanks for pointing out my flaws, for I have definitely learn a lot from this competition.

Though, there is no excuse for failure, I can't start blaming my shortcomings on anything for now, but I believe I can do better. Just that this period and the time frame tells a lot on me.

To the better by far students, I'm indeed very sorry for failing you guys. I appreciate the support and encouragement given to me by you people.

Thanks and God bless!
I love ur courage nd maturity bro. #muah. iRepFunaab tho.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Nunushokoto(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2015
Neyoor:

Thanks and God bless!
Its a privilege to hv competed with u bro,learnt alot also.....hope to meet u again in d nxt edition. God bless u nd one more tin-keep writing.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by adeniyi00(m): 3:32pm On May 18, 2015
greatest funaabite.
i want to congratulate all funaabites for this sucess, to d debaters, u are welldone. i so happy to b an Alumni of this great institution.
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Fynestboi: 3:41pm On May 18, 2015
Nunushokoto:
Fynestboi,hu are we facing next

Relax bro.
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Richiez(m): 5:41pm On May 18, 2015
Fynestboi:
All is down and set, as the result is out and well. The battle was fierce and the brawl was severe as UNILORIN and FUNAAB threw literal swords at each other after the battle line was drawn by US. Lots of word will not full a bushel, getting straight to the point. The winner can be obviously fathomed out of the previous posts but it needs to be officially done.

Therefore, I use this medium to declare FUNAAB as the WINNER of this duo contest after summing up a total score of ,67.5 defeating its very competitive counterpart, FUNAAB who summed up a total score of 28.75Thumbsup to both teams, you all made sense but this is a competition, there's no two winners.

WINNER : FUNAAB

Congrats FUNAABITEs

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Temmi001: 8:46am On May 19, 2015
olu4life:

Wooooow!!!! Dats my Alma Mata... Always Leading... Ilorin na just hype tongue

Thanks dear for d alert
look at this One oo,'Ilorin na just hype' because ur school won the NAIRALAND Interschool debate Quaters?lol!is this a competition??to start with How many Unilorites even know there's anything like this??we're just too Occupied for stuffs like dz...when guys are seriously preparing for exams??''NAIRALAND'' debate??lol!
When Unilorin is busy crowing various Inter-UNIVERSITY quiz contest,you're talking of one behind-closed-doors online and not-even-renowned debate!plz jawe!
#iLoveThermo!

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 9:47pm On May 19, 2015
lacreamieboie:
good... U in school? Mind getting my contact or u dropping urs?

Yup,I'm in school
....No p
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 9:49pm On May 19, 2015
lacreamieboie:
U don win Miss Nairaland! What dept n level?

I celebrate u jare....I feel u die.....remember I still need u o.....Wen u Dey come skul.
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Aminat508(f): 9:49pm On May 19, 2015
dadebayo1:
FUNAAB...... Greatest FUNAABITES I hail o
Bro Abeg your fellow FUNNABITES need your help tomorrow, 500L food science, pls kindly read my signature
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 9:50pm On May 19, 2015
Ajibam:
Wow,
Funaabites are many on nairaland oo
Can't you guys create a thread to know ourselves better?
We plenty baje...... grin
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 9:55pm On May 19, 2015
I'm so proud of my school ....#dancing
cheesy

Funaabite, awooooo..... we Re funaabites!!!! Louder!!!! cheesy wink cheesy
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 9:57pm On May 19, 2015
Fynestboi:
Do I need to announce the winner. Lol

U Dnt aff to.... wink cheesy

Tnx anyway kiss
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by lacreamieboie(m): 12:26am On May 20, 2015
subbieD:

I celebrate u jare....I feel u die.....remember I still need u o.....Wen u Dey come skul.
I'm in school.
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by 0micheal735: 4:23pm On May 20, 2015
Fynestboi:
REPRESENTING: FUNNAB

Religion and Ethnic Diversities in Nigeria: The reason we still stand

We are stronger with our diversity.

Nigeria is a diverse country with about 150 Million people; it is multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-religious; hugely pluralistic and clearly heterogeneous. In fact, the beauty and strength of its existence as a nation lie in the variety and unity of its set up. Imagine the complexities and divergences that exist in the stretch from Port Harcourt to Sokoto; from Lagos to Maiduguri, or from Enugu to Yola. The geographical landscape of the country varies, stretching from the Sahel Savannah in the far North to the rain forest down South, just like the people who are also remarkably unique in their individual outlooks and orientations, but united in their humanity. These diversities are evidently manifested in the citizens’ cultural and religious practices. For instance, there are more than 400 documented ethnic groups across the land comprising of millions of people who are adherents of the two major religions of Islam and Christianity and, to a lesser extent, the traditional religion (Albert, 2002). The citizens are religious in profession and even the Constitution is religious, as it begins with the words “UNDER GOD”, though the Nation has not adopted any religion as a State Religion. God is centrally considered in the affairs of the people.

It has been established that no significant differences in human neurobiology exist to justify the preoccupation with human differences. An evaluation of the perceptions of ethnic identity among people in developed nations show that ethnic affiliation is a transient phenomenon; that people attach less importance to ethnic or cultural identity as their circumstances change. There is no reason to believe this evolutionary phenomenon will elude Nigerians since no organic differences exist between Nigerians and other human species.

Though some people continue to view ethnic affiliation in essentialist terms in Nigeria, signs of a gradual shift are evident. For example, most Nigerians do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity until their primal sentiments are aroused or their economic or political interests are threatened. In other words, the social architecture in modern Nigeria is no longer grounded on ethnic affiliation, but on the temporal rhythms of the information age. Even among ethnic groups that have historically experienced intense conflicts, cultural diffusion is evident. Ethnic groups borrowed from the language and customs of close neighbors and those along trade routes. In some cases, relations have evolved to the extent that ethnic animosity does not manifest at all in social events: marriage, music and dance, individual relationships and other forms of entertainment.

The question that needs to be confronted is how to make the tough choice between ethnic sentiments and the opportunities offered by cultural diversity in Nigeria. Viewed differently, diversity offers an opportunity for people to re-evaluate how they perceive themselves as well as how they perceive others. This is crucial because tribal stereotypes and preconceived perceptions block out ideas that might benefit the nation.
Think of the richness ethnic diversity holds for Nigeria. People from diverse ethnic backgrounds bring individual ideas, talents and experiences that could be useful in addressing common problems. Embracing diversity will allow us to draw from a pool of talents to meet our developmental needs more effectively. Encouraging diversity in all spheres of our national life; work, sports, schools and colleges; civic and political organizations will empower and inspire all citizens to contribute creatively, and perform to their highest ability.

As a society we are enriched by contributions each individual member brings to the nation regardless of ethnic or perceived cultural differences. What is required in the 21st Century is a new national culture grounded on loyalty to the State instead of ethnic loyalties. We need to foster an attitude of openness in the national dialogue about the challenges confronting the nation and its people; encouraging citizens to express their ideas and opinions, and attribute a sense of equal value to all. Certainly, there will be resistance from those wedded to their primordial mode of thinking. We can ward off resistance with inclusion and by demonstrating positive attitudes toward ethnic diversity in our dialogue, and allow it to permeate our interactions.

Given the dearth of compatriots who could be regarded as positive role models in Nigeria, one would suggest a motivation to embrace diversity that draws from the line in the old national anthem that reads "though tribe and tongue, and religion [the latter added] may differ, in brotherhood we stand”

According to Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar; The Sultan of Sokoto (2007), ”in pointing out that conflict between Muslims and Christians was, until recently, a rare occurrence it is worth in Nigeria; further families especially in the southwest and the north central zones, harbour members of different religious affiliations who had co-existed and continue to co-exist in peace and harmony.”

Are we the only country with ethnic or religious diversity? I want to bring our attention to nations that have embraced and exploited their diversity. Singapore is one country that has flourished with a multi-tribal society. They have been able to give equality to all Singaporeans regardless of age, tribe or religion. America is another country that displays the wisdom of handling complex diversity. A sign of ongoing victory is the emergence of the first black president, Barack Obama. They have an intentional immigrant system that sells “the American dream” – You can be, do or have anything regardless of your race, language, sex or religion.
Our national chaos is caused by poverty and bad governance, not by our religion or ethnic diversity. The Igbos are good in business, The Hausas are known for agriculture, the Yorubas values education, and so on… all these are what makes us a great nation, we need each other, thereby, the reason we still stand.

REFERENCES:
Dr. David Ogula: DIFFERENT LOOK AT ETHNIC DIVERSITY IN NIGERIA
olakunleorisanyablog.com
Religious Diversity and National Integration in Nigeria: Research on Humanities and Social Sciences, ISSN (Paper) 2224-5766, ISSN (Online) 2225-0484 (Online), Vol.4, No.25, 2014, www.iiste.org

WORD COUNT: 959

Your grammar is too bulky consider we dat doesn't make use of dico
Thanks
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by segxes23(m): 8:28pm On May 20, 2015
I hear o, how finals nah?
whizqueen:

It's still gonna be your Alma Mata na
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by crowther15(m): 6:57am On May 22, 2015
some pple will just saying wht de like.....
all unilorites r busy preparing for exams so the preparation for this contest will be minimal......mind we just crowned as the winner of inter university competition on tuesday...... funaab was there, abu unimaid even ui....
anyone can win competition. nigeria education is still notin to write home about
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 10:28am On May 22, 2015
Nunushokoto:
Wow. Happy......Funaab all d way

It's happening now @my signature

Tnx sweet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / 8 Mistakes You Must Avoid While Applying For Scholarships / ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.