Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse (1043 Views)

Son Grabs His Mother's Boobs While Posing For A Photo / His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Nobody: 10:44am On May 15, 2015
My guy needs help right now. we've been friends from childhood to graduating from the same school and reading the same course. Now he wants to marry the lady he fell in love with back then in the university. The guy is now a practising engineer while the Lady is a computer scientist both doing well. The mother said he must not marry the lady, he must marry a nurse cus she likes nurses. This is a serious battle for the guy because he has no siblings and his dad died when he was in yr 2 so he is left with the mother who worked tirelessly to see him through school.

what should he do?

My fellow nairalanders your advice is strongly needed. I will get back to him through your advice cus even me don't know what to tell him.
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by xpac01(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2015
The guy should try convincing the mum that nurses are saucy. If she doubts it, he should take her to any hospital for a Nurses Attitude Overview.
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by AndreRose(f): 10:52am On May 15, 2015
Is the guy not man enough to stand his grounds? I know its not proper for there to be an antipathy between us and our parents during marriage but our parents need to be talked to; they need to understand things are not the way they envision. They can't just push their children around all the time and expect them to always bow to their decisions even during marriage. Parents should refrain from doing such, it at times breed trouble and unhealthy marriage.
Again, is the mother going to live with him after marriage? The answer is in the negative. Marriage is eternity(not to all though: divorce) and you need to be with someone you love and wish to happily spend the rest of your life with.

2 Likes

Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Nobody: 10:56am On May 15, 2015
I am of the opinion that parents should not under any circumstances, dictate who their children finally decides to marry. Their role in the decision making process should be advisory and nothing more.

He is a matured young man and should be capable of making his own choices irrespective of what his mum has to say or wants.
It is his happiness not his mothers. She has no right whatsoever to force him away from the woman he truly loves. This is gross selfishess on the part of the mother.

If the mother loves him, she should respect his choice. Why try to persuade him against his decision just because she likes nurses. This is utterly absurd.

The young man should tell his mother to her face that he loves this lady and he is marrying her. . . Period!

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Fabdedon(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2015
its is somehow preparing you for something.. Delay a lil bit and watch how she would beg you to marry anybody
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by VintageCocktail(m): 11:24am On May 15, 2015
xpac01:
The guy should try convincing the mum that nurses are saucy. If she doubts it, he should take her to any hospital for a Nurses Attitude Overview.
For a FTC!!! you suck. !!!l
Your friend should've been trained as a nurse if mum is that desperate to have one, it is not too late, your guy can still buy direct entry form for either his fiance or himself. Saves both of them the hassles of finding a nurse-fiance -stranger.
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Nobody: 11:33am On May 15, 2015
gbam !

AndreRose:
Is the guy not man enough to stand his grounds? I know its not proper for there to be an antipathy between us and our parents during marriage but our parents need to be talked to; they need to understand things are not the way they envision. They can't just push their children around all the time and expect them to always bow to their decisions even during marriage. Parents should refrain from doing such, it at times breed trouble and unhealthy marriage.
Again, is the mom going to leave with him after marriage? The answer is in the negative. Marriage is eternity(not to all though: divorce) and you need to be with someone you love and wish to happily spend the rest of your life with.
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Nobody: 11:38am On May 15, 2015
See fine story wey I suppose take troll for romance section mtceew
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 15, 2015
xpac01:

not all the nurses. at least I once dated one
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 15, 2015
Since your friend is the only one she has, she doesnt want to gamble with just any dil that wont care for her. She is looking for a dil that will care and nurse her into and in her old age. Tell your friend to make her see that his gf will always care, be there for her and that it is not a surety that everyone with title nurse is a nurse at heart. More importantly your friend should ensure his love will care about and for his mum. He can also introduce her to his mum to see for herself.
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 15, 2015
Floodgater:
Since your friend is the only one she has, she doesnt want to gamble with just any dil that wont care for her. She is looking for a dil that will care and nurse her into and in her old age. Tell your friend to make her see that his gf will always care, be there for her and that it is not a surety that everyone with title nurse is a nurse at heart. More importantly your friend should ensure his love will care about and for his mum. He can also introduce her to his mum to see for herself.
noted
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by AmiLaHoit(f): 12:20pm On May 15, 2015
If he listens to his mother like most cases I know, he will end up with a broken home.
He should get ready to;
Disappoint his mum
Protect and stand by his girl
Make his mum understand she may be wrecking his life in the future, without fighting her with words.
Be a man he should be.
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by veave(f): 7:24pm On May 15, 2015
Kai!
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by pheyhi(f): 9:51pm On May 15, 2015
wow!!! is dis still happening? in d 21st century ?
y do pple tell their probs to humans who will nt solve it for dem?
when u av d holy spirit n gat d best frnd eva y shud u worry?
Re: His Mother Said He Must Marry A Nurse by Richy4(m): 10:05pm On May 15, 2015
It's not that she liked nurses. The thing is that the woman has worked tirelessly to see him through school and apparently, nurses are not always unemployed like other profession.

I suggest he sit his mum down like a man and ask the main reason why she wanted a nurse even if the nurse was a devil wearing white uniform and cap on her head.

When he gets the Genesis of the matter, then he can proceed to exodus which is the way out, or better still the solution. This is what anyone can do/ achieve without a shouting match.

(1) (Reply)

Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring / See What A Little Child Wrote Just For Her Dad To Stop Smoking (photo) / I’m A Virgin; Mother,daughter Want Me In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.