Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,760 members, 7,798,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

How Can I Password My Removable Disk - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Password My Removable Disk (3970 Views)

Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T / "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help / Please Help: My Laptop Does Not 'see' Removable Media Except Cds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Password My Removable Disk by Toyatc: 8:07pm On Feb 09, 2009
Please, can anyone in the house tell me how i can password my flash drive and external disk. I've tried severally to no avail. using the security and sharing in does not jst wrk at all. Thanks for helping me out.
Re: How Can I Password My Removable Disk by edamijo: 6:56am On Feb 22, 2009
hello brother, if u wanno know how to pass word ur removable disk. got the solution. reach me on 08069011122.
email me edamijo@yahoo.com
gud luck
Re: How Can I Password My Removable Disk by Cactus(m): 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2009
1. Go to google

2. Search for TRUECRYPT

3. Download and install TRUECRYPT for the drive

4. Voila, flash drive secured

I am assuming you are only using one computer with the flash drive. if you use multiple, this wont work.

There are several options just go to google and search for SECURE FLASH DRIVE, FLASH DRIVE LOCK DOWN, PASSWORD PROTECT FLASH DRIVE

google
Re: How Can I Password My Removable Disk by Mackee50: 10:51am On Feb 23, 2009
Here's what you have to do to Password Protect your USB Flash Drive:

Step 1.

Start with an empty Flash Drive. Download and install TrueCrypt from www.truecrypt.org Click 'create volume' to create a standard TrueCrypt volume. Click 'select device' - choose your USB flash drive, click it, then choose OK.

Step 2.

Click 'next' to see the encryption options (algorithms) you can use, click 'next' to accept the volume size, then enter a password. (Make sure its something easy for you to remember, yet
virtually impossible for others to guess!)

Step 3.

Move your mouse over the 'next dialogue' to set a random starting point for the TrueCrypt encryption, then click 'format' to format the flash drive. (If you have any preexisting data on the flash drive copy it to your hard-drive right now).

Step 4.

To access the Flash Drive click 'select device' in TrueCrypt and chose the flash drive. Select 'mount' enter your password and the Flash Drive will now appear in explorer Click 'dismount' to
remove the drive.

You have now password protected (and encrypted) your USB Flash Drive to stop others from accessing your sensitive data.

(1) (Reply)

Sold / Networking Three Computers, Can U Help?. / Plz: Help Me Setup A Lan Of 10pcs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.