Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! (50192 Views)

GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government / Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away / Why Are Banks Not Opened Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by LKO(m): 2:41pm On May 15, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
Bros na we we, the truth of the matter is that the name Warri is a strong name already and areas like around Uvwie and Udu L.G.As will still be referred to as Warri in a larger perspective. I also recognise that Uvwie is the most developed part of Warri metropolis with modern structures and institutions like Warri refinery Ekpan; FUPRE Effurun, PTI Effurun, classy hotels and event centres and lately Shoprite. I'm based in Odion sir, #Oneblood

Meanwhile, FUPRE is not in Effurun. FUPRE is in UGBOMRO, a town in Uvwie Local Govt. U see the gist na. All small nearby towns in Warri can be referred to Warri when u are outside Delta State.

Even the guy quarrelling, would also tell his friend in Abuja that he leaves in Warri, meanwhile he stays in Effurun. Funny. Proudly a Waffarian.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Abugab(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2015
No be only Okere Market, Na Igbudu market.
I learnt Akpos is the Manager and shoppers be ready for 24/7 jokes.
Warri no dey carry last as all my men go soon turn shoprite to the boozing joint in town as the beer will surely come cold and cheap. Boys go sell empty bottles tire for area soon.
My people wa do; eh

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Orina(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2015
rumomonga:
South Africans taking over our country and our business bit by bit undecided undecided

lol don't worry 10 years time they will start complaining that south africans own the economy like how people are about MTN. Will you tell me that no Nigerian has the capital to start a retail store the size of shoprite? Most Nigerians just feel reluctant. There are very rich Nigerians but they won't use their money to do better things later they will say pooh abt SA businesses in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:58pm On May 15, 2015

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You can take an individual from the lowlands but you cannot take the attributes of the lowlands from the individual.

No insult intended; just making an observation.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Felibaby(f): 2:59pm On May 15, 2015
That place will be a kind of mecca for the next days to come.
I do not blame them.
What is seen as a necessity in a civilized society is being celebrated here as development.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by BlissB(f): 3:01pm On May 15, 2015
mayorkyzo:
Una too do know know..which one be warri which one be effurun..mtschewwwww
My guy...nor be know know....he is very right
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:01pm On May 15, 2015
Orina:

lol don't worry 10 years time they will start complaining that south africans have over the economy like how people are about MTN. Will you tell me that no Nigerian has the capital to start a retail store the size of shoprite? Most Nigerians just feel reluctant. There are very rich Nigerians but they won't use their money to do better things later they will say pooh abt SA businesses in Nigeria

It's not as if we do not have people to built and run this kind of retail stores but truth be told, Nigerians lack maintenance culture. In years to come, the business will run under.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by LKO(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
shut the f.uck up if you lack knowledge of the place. Effurun is different from warri just as sapele is different from Oleh and abraka from ukwani.
While Effurun is under uwvie local government, warri is under Warri South. If that is not distinction enough, then you really should have you pea-brain checked.

Not necessary. Na so u dey insult people for real life? Too bad. Outside Delta State, Agbarho, Effurun, Ekpan Udu are all referred to as Warri. The last time I checked, it is Warri Airport and not Osubi Airport. U probably would tell ur friend on phone that u stay in Warri, but u leave in Effurun. U would also claim to be a Warri boy, but according to u, u stay in Effurun. So leave that matter. Proudly Effurun/ warri.

5 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 15, 2015
Bwahaha... We need to civilized the people of that nation. Too many primitive human beings living there. Jeez!
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Yabaleft: 3:10pm On May 15, 2015
so the people for that area razz like this? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by tunnary(m): 3:11pm On May 15, 2015
Young03:
So a whole warri no get shoprite b4
I suprise o

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by chibas: 3:20pm On May 15, 2015
This one wey them dey carry basket so,hope no be xenophobic oo,because i no fit shout oo!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by christee(f): 3:22pm On May 15, 2015
THEY DON TURN AM TO IDUMOTA MARKET

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 15, 2015
kennygee:
Na Starch and Owoh soup them they sell there?

See as people plenty.

grin grin

Babe how u dey?
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 15, 2015
wristwatch:

grin grin

Babe how u dey?

I dey fine o.

How u dey?
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 15, 2015
kennygee:

I dey fine o.

How u dey?

I dey fine. U neva comot d scarecrow 4 ur face? embarassed
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 15, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
Bros na we we, the truth of the matter is that the name Warri is a strong name already and areas like around Uvwie and Udu L.G.As will still be referred to as Warri in a larger perspective. I also recognise that Uvwie is the most developed part of Warri metropolis with modern structures and institutions like Warri refinery Ekpan; FUPRE Effurun, PTI Effurun, classy hotels and event centres and lately Shoprite. I'm based in Odion sir, #Oneblood
sure 'na we we' chairman.
You can be rest assured i was not being tribalistic in the least when i said warri is quite distinct from effurun. It was little more than saying oleh and ozoro are two different towns. You get?
The emboldened in your post is very correct. But it still, you will agree, doesn't derogate from the fact that they are different towns, cities if you like.
At any rate "We all na one" (even if we have to feign it)

i've heard of Odion. Where exactly is it?.
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 15, 2015
wristwatch:

I dey fine. U neva comot d scarecrow 4 ur face? embarassed

No.
I never see replacement
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by buchilino(m): 3:33pm On May 15, 2015
one question, y shoprite no dey open market 4 bauchi, gombe, yola, minna katsina etc, y na only 4 south they like open shop. abey north no dey sweet?
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
@OP shoprite is not in warri. It's actually in effurun, a stone throw from where i stay.

Funny pics though.

Modified:
A great many folks tend to confuse effurun for warri and very often inter-change both. Maybe, because both cities have close proximity and are actually commutable from one another.
Fact is they both are two compeletely different cities, sitting on different local governments. While Effurun is under uwvie local government, warri is under Warri South.
Warri is not effurun no more than Abraka can be called ukwani.

Your explanation is irrelevant, There is Warri and there is Iwarri. Ask well
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by gamaliel121(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2015
After a while, the crowd will reduce...maybe its because der just opened it..
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 15, 2015
effurun is fast developing than Ekpan .. nice 1

Urhobo OvworVO, God bless SS
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Orina(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

It's not as if we do not have people to built and run this kind of retail stores but truth be told, Nigerians lack maintenance culture. In years to come, the business will run under.

Transcorp hotels are maintained well it's Nigerian, Nigerian banks are well maintained, anything private will surely be maintained properly. The problem i have with most Nigerians (with money) is that they don't try anything at all they just sit and look around. If Adenuga didn't create Globacom MTN would have had 98% telcomm market control. Shoprite will grow like MTN, dominate the retail market (remember all profits are taken outside Nigeria) they are not listed on the NSE same with MTN. I just like the way things are going buhahaha ;->
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by vikyno(m): 3:56pm On May 15, 2015
gabriel212:
BUT SOME PEOPLE SAID IBADAN INDIGENE WERE LOCAL SO WHAT SHOULD WE CALLED THIS( CARRYING BASKET ON THE HEAD)

Na Yoruba woman she be.. look am well...

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
shut the f.uck up if you lack knowledge of the place. Effurun is different from warri just as sapele is different from Oleh and abraka from ukwani.
While Effurun is under uwvie local government, warri is under Warri South. If that is not distinction enough, then you really should have you pea-brain checked.

Yea u re correct bt we all are one so its not wrong calling Effurun warri

We re 1

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 15, 2015
mayorkyzo:
You are just a big fucking idiot..I've lived in warri all my life..i know bout uvwie and warri but right now both places are practically called warri..so stop forming I too know..fucking slowpoke...
I'll not stoop to call you a mentally r.etard fellow even though you clearly reason like one.

Look at the emboldened in your post and see how silly you sound! Are you just dumb or you just elected to be one today?

Now listen! Uvwie and warri south are two different local governments legally recognised in delta state.

Let me ask you.
if uvwie and warri south are one, how come they both have two different local government chairmen? I know you will want to inanely tell me that warri has two local government chairmen. ('e no hard u do'). You now see how much of a fatuous i.mbecile you are.? You have not seen it? Ok.

If uvwie and warri are one, how come they get different allocations from the state government? Is that not enough proof you are silly?

If uvwie and warri are one and the same cities, how come they have two members in the state house of assembly? I guess you obviously don't know there can only be one representative from which each local government.

for the fact uvwie and warri are speciously often referred to as one by a few ignorant folks doesn't mean they actually are. They remain two different local government ovwie local government and warri south local government.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by baybeeboi: 4:05pm On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:
Happens in warri, sharp guys
Same happens in enugu, money spenders
Happens in ibadan, they are bush people
Hypocrisy
meanwhile

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 15, 2015
kennygee:

No.
I never see replacement

No way! Pls nau.

Am expecting u on this evening miss NL 2015 interview by 6.00pm
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 15, 2015
wristwatch:

No way! Pls nau.

Am expecting u on this evening miss NL 2015 interview by 6.00pm

I was copied.
How does it work?
How do I get on the panel o
What I'm I to be doing there?
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Bamz(m): 4:46pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
@OP shoprite is not in warri. It's actually in effurun, a stone throw from where i stay.

Funny pics though.

Modified:
A great many folks tend to confuse effurun for warri and very often inter-change both. Maybe, because both cities have close proximity and are actually commutable from one another.
Fact is they both are two compeletely different cities, sitting on different local governments. While Effurun is under uwvie local government, warri is under Warri South.
Warri is not effurun no more than Abraka can be called ukwani.

Wow insightful
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by omarhlichanwa: 4:47pm On May 15, 2015
See disgrace! Tufiakwa! Dey can't even funkify demselves,diz kant hapen n lag.
booqee:
Shoprite opened in warri yesterday! look at the pictures.. shocked

chai...na wa oo.. shocked grin

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Lm0gFBAEYic/VVXQwq0JPJI/AAAAAAACEx4/BXlYi9_bThk/s400/Image-1.png[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-HA0sKbxh9zA/VVXQwHoWPyI/AAAAAAACExo/fAGu33dpMQs/s640/Image-1.jpg[/img]

source; http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/05/shoprite-opened-in-warri-yesterday-see.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Floating Naira: Importers Abandon Tokunbo Cars At Seaport / Dangote Attends Wedding Of President Nana Akufo-Addo's Daughter, Edwina / Bar Manager Walks Out Underage Boys Who Came To Drink Beer In His Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.