Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value (8142 Views)

Bisola: "I Have Done Things On This BBNaija That My Daughter Shouldn't Watch" / See The Film That No One Remembers The Title Even The Producers / Interesting Facts About The Film "The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-AUvljhhFcEA/VVQmoa2KiVI/AAAAAAAAAPo/eu4_spauo3Q/s1600/exodus_gods_and_kings_movie.jpg[/img]
As I settled to watch Ridley Scott's cinematic rendition of a biblical myth titled Exodus: Gods & Kings a fog of dismay encroached on my jolly mood as the epic-movie progressed on. It was as a mind liberated off religious falsehood wrestling with yet another instrument of propaganda, it got to a stage I couldn't bear the whole misinformation and just had to excuse myself. Two Islam-dominated African countries banned the theatrical viewing of the movie over what they deem as offensive to their faith which is the depiction of prophet Moses (Musa in Islam) interacting with Yahweh (Allah) as represented as a male adolescent.

To start with - if the Jews, as the movie implies was responsible for the laborious construction of those great monuments and pyramids in ancient Egypt as has been portrayed in Hollywood flicks such as the mishmash 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter', the question is why isn't it much referenced (if not detailed) in the Christian Bible or Torah ?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-PJ7WinkW80Q/VVQm69-1pFI/AAAAAAAAAP0/iIxj1O-Oxx0/s400/exodus-gods-kings.jpg[/img]

Let face it, was it really during Pharaoh Rameses period the Jews were tyrannized ? Why isn't there any information available to substantiate this accusation ? Even to offer a benefit of doubt is still ponder why would Egyptian scribes decide to omit the documenting of a significant and enormous event where years of forced servitude is imposed on a special set of people known to us today as the Jews, whose offense for been persecuted was to acknowledge a God which differs from that which their host believed in, well...no archaeological data exist to concretize this, no cenotaphic records and hieroglyphic evidence of hundreds of Egyptians pharaohs provide the littlest of clue that can attest to such concocted claim knowing how well negrotic Egyptians are reputable for record keeping. Christian scholars and notable theologians keep mute on these pointer same way the Arabs who now occupy Egypt prefer to remain silence when questioned about the original owners of Egypt.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-mcFpZ1Iwwoc/VVQuokOO7tI/AAAAAAAAAQM/WvjnS5dZd7o/s1600/john_stewart_egypt%2Bcopy.jpg[/img]

Regardless of the historical fact that several groups sojourned in Egypt at various Pharaonic reign, even if a proof exists [or is provided by those who hold on to this parochial argument] to validate the claim that cruelty was meted on the Jews, hence would not it be sensible for an omniscient Yahweh (Jehovah) to have put his omnipotent powers into use by magically transited his 'chosen' people away from a land of oppression and strife rather than laying Egypt to waste and destruction through plagues, famine and upsetting of its natural condition as graphicalized in the film, all because of a macho struggle between a mad King and a foreign God ? It beats me I'd say. Secondly, the level of euro-centricism displayed ceaselessly in the high-budget flick only corresponds to one truth - 'the victor rewrites history' or as George Orwell once articulates; "those who control the present can, to some extent, control knowledge of the past". This can only shed credence to the factoid that Hollywood is controlled by the Jews for I see no reason why the movie script should jump scrutiny so as to be consistent with historical facts.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-BEsNWSDLKPM/VVQmIUmzURI/AAAAAAAAAPg/xvSj_23Rru4/s400/77bd07e6-36ca-457c-ae41-aab3ccdef76c-620x372.jpeg[/img]

Christian Bale (Moses) and Ridley Scott (Director)
Director Ridley Scott's excuse for whitewashing the casts with Caucasians is flimsy on his weight scale of either conforming the project with a pro-Jewish angle else wouldn't have seen daylight of funding. This is equivalent in insult if a movie which intentionally depicts Asians as terrorists responsible for 9/11 attacks so far it fuels an impression, if distorting the facts can yield money who cares of it verity if certain interests remains satisfied. If bible-believing Africans are lost about their collective true origin and history other than the version Euro-arabs slave masters hammered down their minds like that of the Adam & Eve myth for instance - why shouldn't anyone proceed to shoot spurious motion pictures such as this one. The sponsors of Exodus: Gods & Kings are cognizant of the fact that the mindset of majority of Africans still function in ways that subconsciously place the pale-skin people as superior to them in all matters, including historical authority.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-rtfFanqkjJg/VVVp8YrmsNI/AAAAAAAAAQk/JjaYP2PrKEw/s1600/cdn.indiewire.com.jpg[/img]
This scene implies lots of things...for instance, there was never a time Egypt belonged to negrotic Africans

From purely an entertainment point of view, of-course it's just a movie but I can tell many Nigerians would rather relish in seeing in a miracle-working foreign deity defeating that which is closer to theirs without even realizing the error in the story and how the whole setup further destroys them like the book they so guide their reality by has done for years. I have no qualms with Hollywood nor with those who adjust history and reality to suit their movie tale like The Interview did, but the danger lies in the sort of mindset movies such as 12 Years A Slave and this one shapes. Mentality that can be counter-productive and at most destructive to foreign and local interest. The way majority of Euro-americans know one or two things about the Tarzan legend is not the way everyone here understood the various dynamics that fueled trans-Atlantic and sub-Saharan slavery or who Cheikh Antah Diop and Naiwo Osahon are, these two among others African scholars debunked years of misinterpreted findings on Africans history and origin, these authors looked at the same piece of evidence and data and set things straight from the rather euro-centric framework of non-African scholars and researchers. Reasons such as this is why movement were even setup on twitter to enlighten others of the misinformation besieged the movie.

Like every other civilized world were flourishing in various parts of Africa so was Kemet (ancient Egypt) which was inhabited by negroids who constructed and build the pyramids and other monumental structures with their sweat and blood, or whatever means was used to construct those mega-structures. Not only were they culturally influential to other neighboring non-Africans, not only did the ancient Kemet founded the great civilization Egypt is credited for today, where before the mixture and invasion of various foreigners.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2015
Original source here
Sign the petition to stop Ridley Scott Racist Casting

Modertor ijebabe and nex do the right thing...front page please
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by Jayboi(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2015
well. its not as if all the stories documented in the movie are true. yet the message there is obvious and as a Christian, I know my they are. Op definitely is not a Christian. sorry if you feel offended by the movie.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 1:47pm On May 15, 2015
Jayboi:
well. its not as if all the stories documented in the movie are true. yet the message there is obvious and as a Christian, I know my they are. Op definitely is not a Christian. sorry if you feel offended by the movie.
I don't feel offended by the film nor the director but sometimes feel upset by Abrahamist negro converts like you who can't see what's wrong with such production and how books such as The Jewish Phenomenon is a propaganda from an African POV.

1 Like

Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by Jayboi(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2015
ghostofsparta:
I don't feel offended by the film nor the director but sometimes feel upset by Abrahamist negro converts like you who can't see what's wrong with such production and how books such as The Jewish Phenomenon is a propaganda from an African POV.
now its obvious who you are. The bible is at your disposal. I'm not saying all accounts in the movie are correct, but its still on point. Read the book of exodus again.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 2:32pm On May 15, 2015
Jayboi:

now its obvious who you are. The bible is at your disposal. I'm not saying all accounts in the movie are correct, but its still on point. Read the book of exodus again.
What has the obviousness of who am I got to do with anything ? Not saying I haven't read the book of Exodus but why should any true African person be concerned about an account of the Jewish people in the first place, why not also be equally concern about those of the Balto-Slavic people or Saxons ? their accounts is also as interesting as that of us Africans. Why the fixation on the semitic Jews ?

@Gatiano I can see you on this thread and I'm not saying you can't drop your comment but PLEASE, PLEASE and PLEASE not any of those drivel of yours.

1 Like

Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by musicwriter(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
@ghostofsparta.

Always like your views as it concerns Africa and the black race. The only thing I disagree with you is on worshiping carved woodwork that you advocate for as well (correct me, if this assertion is wrong)

What you need to understand is the original Jews were black people and they started Judaism as a religion not white people. The modern whites in Israel today are Polish immigrants who adopted Judaism as a religion, and dominated it. What the bible called gentiles.

It's such a pity blackman remains blind to his own history, even when Israeli scholars are now coming out in the open to say they're not the real Jews.

So, this movie as you said is nothing but an entertainment. But I wonder why black actors and directors there in Hollywood just sit and wait for black history to be told by whites.

Who are the real Isaelites?

Watch video below!

Whited Out Documentary, The True Israelites were Black, Asians & Native Americans were also Black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX0DtMiYxEM
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by adexsimply(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2015
I think I'm dyslexic, as I don't understand what's racist in the screenplay. Could the OP be kind enough to explain in simple terms ?

The movie has been lying in my HDD for weeks now, I think it's time I watched the "racist" part of it.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by gatiano(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2015
This white people are still in vigorous search of an identity. They just want to nail themselves as a people that worth a real creation, yet they are not created, they were made.
If they had succeeded in wiping out the whole of the red race (mongolians+Black people), thered/native indians, We would simply have just thought that the continental america was european. Perhaps, The Blacks there were able to saty the history of that region intact.
Nomatter how hard they try, Egypt,Mecca, even Greece was not civilized by them. We can't call people that go from one country to another causing murder, theft and mischief civilized, except a particular black person has completely lost his/her mind.

Moses never got fake jews or white people out of Egypt, the truth is Moses was sent by the Black Elder (Yahweh) to go raise them up from the cave of europe, which is why we know of the history of pythagoras, aristotle, merlin etc coming to Egypt/Sudan/Africa/Mecca/Jerusalem to get what is called 33 degree knowledge.

is 33 degree complete?

as they produce their fantacies called movies, it is very good that we can understand the truth of it and decipher the lies from the truth. Good one op.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2015
musicwriter:
@ghostofsparta.
Always like your views as it concerns Africa and the black race. The only thing I disagree with you is on worshiping carved woodwork that you advocate for as well (correct me, if this assertion is wrong)
Thanks. A way of thinking which emphasizes the term 'worship' is fallible when used to underscore that which our believe system entails. First of all, it is important to understand that we don't worship anything much less of a wood carving or stones. What those who stand by the ways of their ancestors do is to contactivate various forces of nature personified into that which is close to the concept of entities called deities (Orisha/Irunmole) in English language in order to aid interaction, control and directing of the natural world.

That is to say it is not those wood carvings or monolith you see that they believe in as your colonialism made you think, but it is the force they represent that they provide an act towards, now the acts can be misconstrued as worshiping of idols and demons, but hey don't Christians and Muslims converts in Nigeria bow down to crucifix, rosary, tesubiu and books made from the same natural object our ancestors are condemned of resting their believe on, so-believed holy books that used to swear oath by the rulers in Nigerian government only to loot the treasury dry for none of the two prophet will descend to strike, the same can't be said of ours, and if you doubt, kindly read here. To have an introductory understanding of what I'm trying to explain, you can start by reading my piece on (ṢANGÓ)---here--->BLOG or NL.

In any capacity, there's more to all the subject which I shall be expressing in my far from completion book. In all capacity, Someone who is genuinely grounded in it may use such fallible words such as 'worship', 'spirit' when describing some things about it to you in English without knowing he/she is wrong. For years now, I have studied and am still studying what was it our ancient fore-fathers are into which parts of still survive today, and in my studies so far, the best it can be described with is 'believe system' not even religion, or animism or idolatry etc those terms incorrectly describe it. " Like I was telling someone yesternight..."what you keep saying about about our ancestral believe system is nothing short of what you've been made to think of it by those Christian and Islam clergies who are hellbent on demonizing through the tactic of inspiring fear on you so as to part with your givings in respect to tithes, offering, alms which are used to acquire expensive houses and jets.
musicwriter:

What you need to understand is the original Jews were black people and they started Judaism as a religion not white people. The modern whites in Israel today are Polish immigrants who adopted Judaism as a religion, and dominated it. What the bible called gentiles.
I know and also know that those original Jews have a connection with the Falasha Jews of today. But I don't get your gentile aspect. Do you know this body of information serves as the basis to which The Afrocentric Bible was constructed on?
musicwriter:

It's such a pity blackman remains blind to his own history, even when Israeli scholars are now coming out in the open to say they're not the real Jews.
I was telling some folks the same but only to see these ignorant Jew-loving fellows refuting it the same way they'd defend the slavemaster religion even when scientific and archaelogogical reports are coming out with irrefutable information that contradicts popularly held believes about Abrahamic faiths.

musicwriter:
So, this movie as you said is nothing but an entertainment. But I wonder why black actors and directors there in Hollywood just sit and wait for black history to be told by whites.
The Jews who pays the piper dictate the tune, do you know that BET is owned by Jews ?

musicwriter:

Who are the real Isaelites?

Watch video below!

Whited Out Documentary, The True Israelites were Black, Asians & Native Americans were also Black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX0DtMiYxEM
Definitely will, I shall post you some videos as well soon as I complete their subtitling in English.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by Eeser: 4:41pm On May 15, 2015
Make I go watch the movie first.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by gatiano(m): 5:39pm On May 15, 2015
You won't believe i went to go check the meaning of drivel, you should have just made it simple. There is no drivel in what i said, after a lot of observations, experiences and what i have come to learn, They were brought out from the caves. Moses made them stand upright to what you now see today. Most of them are still today born with tails from their behind. That is a truth, it is not atall racism or hate or anything, just the truth.
Moses had to deal with that things in the lord of the rings. what is that creature degenerated being in the lord of the rings? That was who Moses had to deal with.

ghostofsparta:
What has the obviousness of who am I got to do with anything ? Not saying I haven't read the book of Exodus but why should any true African person be concerned about an account of the Jewish people in the first place, why not those of the Balto-Slavic people or Saxons ? their accounts is also as interesting as that of us Africans. Why the fixation on the semitic Jews ?

@Gatiano I can see you on this thread and I'm not saying you can't drop your comment but PLEASE, PLEASE and PLEASE not any of those drivel of yours.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by cutelover19(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2015
I was really disappointed in the movie, so many misrepresentations and misinformation. Please don't take the message to heart!
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 7:37pm On May 15, 2015
cutelover19:
I was really disappointed in the movie, so many misrepresentations and misinformation. Please don't take the message to heart!
Tell 'em again cos they indoctrinates here won't listen.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by Nobody: 4:29am On May 16, 2015
ghostofsparta:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-AUvljhhFcEA/VVQmoa2KiVI/AAAAAAAAAPo/eu4_spauo3Q/s1600/exodus_gods_and_kings_movie.jpg[/img]
As I settled to watch Ridley Scott's cinematic rendition of a biblical myth titled Exodus: Gods & Kings a fog of dismay encroached on my jolly mood as the epic-movie progressed on. It was as a mind liberated off religious falsehood wrestling with yet another instrument of propaganda, it got to a stage I couldn't bear the whole misinformation and just had to excuse myself. Two Islam-dominated African countries banned the theatrical viewing of the movie over what they deem as offensive to their faith which is the depiction of prophet Moses (Musa in Islam) interacting with Yahweh (Allah) as represented as a male adolescent.

To start with - if the Jews, as the movie implies was responsible for the laborious construction of those great monuments and pyramids in ancient Egypt as has been portrayed in Hollywood flicks such as the mishmash 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter', the question is why isn't it much referenced (if not detailed) in the Christian Bible or Torah ?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-PJ7WinkW80Q/VVQm69-1pFI/AAAAAAAAAP0/iIxj1O-Oxx0/s400/exodus-gods-kings.jpg[/img]

Let face it, was it really during Pharaoh Rameses period the Jews were tyrannized ? Why isn't there any information available to substantiate this accusation ? Even to offer a benefit of doubt is still ponder why would Egyptian scribes decide to omit the documenting of a significant and enormous event where years of forced servitude is imposed on a special set of people known to us today as the Jews, whose offense for been persecuted was to acknowledge a God which differs from that which their host believed in, well...no archaeological data exist to concretize this, no cenotaphic records and hieroglyphic evidence of hundreds of Egyptians pharaohs provide the littlest of clue that can attest to such concocted claim knowing how well negrotic Egyptians are reputable for record keeping. Christian scholars and notable theologians keep mute on these pointer same way the Arabs who now occupy Egypt prefer to remain silence when questioned about the original owners of Egypt.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-mcFpZ1Iwwoc/VVQuokOO7tI/AAAAAAAAAQM/WvjnS5dZd7o/s1600/john_stewart_egypt%2Bcopy.jpg[/img]

Regardless of the historical fact that several groups sojourned in Egypt at various Pharaonic reign, even if a proof exists [or is provided by those who hold on to this parochial argument] to validate the claim that cruelty was meted on the Jews, hence would not it be sensible for an omniscient Yahweh (Jehovah) to have put his omnipotent powers into use by magically transited his 'chosen' people away from a land of oppression and strife rather than laying Egypt to waste and destruction through plagues, famine and upsetting of its natural condition as graphicalized in the film, all because of a macho struggle between a mad King and a foreign God ? It beats me I'd say. Secondly, the level of euro-centricism displayed ceaselessly in the high-budget flick only corresponds to one truth - 'the victor rewrites history' or as George Orwell once articulates; "those who control the present can, to some extent, control knowledge of the past". This can only shed credence to the factoid that Hollywood is controlled by the Jews for I see no reason why the movie script should jump scrutiny so as to be consistent with historical facts.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-BEsNWSDLKPM/VVQmIUmzURI/AAAAAAAAAPg/xvSj_23Rru4/s400/77bd07e6-36ca-457c-ae41-aab3ccdef76c-620x372.jpeg[/img]

Christian Bale (Moses) and Ridley Scott (Director)
Director Ridley Scott's excuse for whitewashing the casts with Caucasians is flimsy on his weight scale of either conforming the project with a pro-Jewish angle else wouldn't have seen daylight of funding. This is equivalent in insult if a movie which intentionally depicts Asians as terrorists responsible for 9/11 attacks so far it fuels an impression, if distorting the facts can yield money who cares of it verity if certain interests remains satisfied. If bible-believing Africans are lost about their collective true origin and history other than the version Euro-arabs slave masters hammered down their minds like that of the Adam & Eve myth for instance - why shouldn't anyone proceed to shoot spurious motion pictures such as this one. The sponsors of Exodus: Gods & Kings are cognizant of the fact that the mindset of majority of Africans still function in ways that subconsciously place the pale-skin people as superior to them in all matters, including historical authority.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-rtfFanqkjJg/VVVp8YrmsNI/AAAAAAAAAQk/JjaYP2PrKEw/s1600/cdn.indiewire.com.jpg[/img]
This scene implies lots of things...for instance, there was never a time Egypt belonged to negrotic Africans

From purely an entertainment point of view, of-course it's just a movie but I can tell many Nigerians would rather relish in seeing in a miracle-working foreign deity defeating that which is closer to theirs without even realizing the error in the story and how the whole setup further destroys them like the book they so guide their reality by has done for years. I have no qualms with Hollywood nor with those who adjust history and reality to suit their movie tale like The Interview did, but the danger lies in the sort of mindset movies such as 12 Years A Slave and this one shapes. Mentality that can be counter-productive and at most destructive to foreign and local interest. The way majority of Euro-americans know one or two things about the Tarzan legend is not the way everyone here understood the various dynamics that fueled trans-Atlantic and sub-Saharan slavery or who Cheikh Antah Diop and Naiwo Osahon are, these two among others African scholars debunked years of misinterpreted findings on Africans history and origin, these authors looked at the same piece of evidence and data and set things straight from the rather euro-centric framework of non-African scholars and researchers. Reasons such as this is why movement were even setup on twitter to enlighten others of the misinformation besieged the movie.

Like every other civilized world were flourishing in various parts of Africa so was Kemet (ancient Egypt) which was inhabited by negroids who constructed and build the pyramids and other monumental structures with their sweat and blood, or whatever means was used to construct those mega-structures. Not only were they culturally influential to other neighboring non-Africans, not only did the ancient Kemet founded the great civilization Egypt is credited for today, where before the mixture and invasion of various foreigners.
The movie is more interesting than the original story from the bible. grin grin grin grin. Those christian fanatics should come and get me if they can! Bwahaha...
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by cutelover19(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2015
ghostofsparta:
Tell 'em again cos they indoctrinates here won't listen.

The part that really upset me was at the crossing of the red sea, in the Bible God asked Moses to strike the water with his staff and the winds parted the water on either side and they crossed on 'dry' ground. Watch the movie to see how this scene was ill-depicted. BTW, I'm a Catholic Christian so I know what I'm saying.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 1:20pm On May 16, 2015
all4naija:
The movie is more interesting than the original story from the bible. grin grin grin grin. Those christian fanatics should come and get me if they can! Bwahaha...
I think the movie is a silly as the Biblical Exodus itself because why couldn't an omnipotent Yahweh just have done something better than causing mayhem to innocent Egyptians all because 'he' wants to prove he's mightier. WTH!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 12:10am On May 17, 2015
cutelover19:
The part that really upset me was at the crossing of the red sea, in the Bible God asked Moses to strike the water with his staff and the winds parted the water on either side and they crossed on 'dry' ground. Watch the movie to see how this scene was ill-depicted. BTW, I'm a Catholic Christian so I know what I'm saying.
I see you want us to discuss the film as it relates to the book wherein contains biggest lie ever told. Alright by me, but if I get you correctly cutelover, you're telling me your sensibility as a concerned or melanated Afrikan shouldn't be affected if the film was made to conform with Biblical description ? Unless you aren't a negro Afrikan I bet you don't know what that makes you? Well, I've only watched the film twice and I can say that particular scene is well depicted to the effect of asserting the intervention of a divinity as in its case Yahweh (Jehovah), however there are religious critics who expressed their displeasure over the movie's clever approach to proffer a rationale behind a receding sea that ensured the safe passage for the mass moving Jews. In respect to that particular scene, the religious critics interpreted the scene to be that prophet Moses became so pissed off on co-operating further with an agent that appeared in his hallucination so much that he threw away his sword out of vexation towards the sea which sank and struck the bedrock so much that it brought about seismic action that led to the parting of the sea.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by tpiaT: 12:24am On May 17, 2015
Its not meant to be a Christian film, same as Noah.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by Nobody: 12:28am On May 17, 2015
ghostofsparta:
I think the movie is a silly as the Biblical Exodus itself because why couldn't an omnipotent Yahweh just have done something better than causing mayhem to innocent Egyptians all because 'he' wants to prove he's mightier. WTH!!!
You didn't get the sarcasm in my post though!
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 12:32am On May 17, 2015
all4naija:

You didn't get the sarcasm in my post though!
No I didn't

tpiaT:
Its not meant to be a Christian film, same as Noah.
If it's not among the intention of the movie-maker to make it appeal to Christian masses, how then does a christian film play out ?
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by Nobody: 12:34am On May 17, 2015
ghostofsparta:
No I didn't

If it's not among the intention of the movie-maker to make it appeal to Christian masses, how then does a christian film play out ?

Good for you!
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by tpiaT: 12:53am On May 17, 2015
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by kay9(m): 1:34am On May 17, 2015
I think your topic says it all - the movie was purely for entertainment - no need to go into all that about religion and stuff. The internet is there for anyone who wants to know the true-true. The sad fact is 90% of Nigerians (even the so-called educated ones) will most like react with derision if they saw a black Moses. So dont blame it all on Hollywood, they are just feeding us what we want - we who should know better.

And hey, while we are at it, I didn't hear anyone (=non-Caucasian) complain when Idris Elba was cast as Heimdall in Thor.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by tpiaT: 6:42am On May 17, 2015
cutelover19:

The part that really upset me was at the crossing of the red sea, in the Bible God asked Moses to strike the water with his staff and the winds parted the water on either side and they crossed on 'dry' ground. Watch the movie to see how this scene was ill-depicted.

yes, that scene was depicted differently from what people were expecting.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by purplekayc(m): 8:24am On May 17, 2015
Dont wNt to say nagetive about this guy hes one of th e best film makers along with his late brother.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 8:39am On May 17, 2015
kay9:
I think your topic says it all - the movie was purely for entertainment - no need to go into all that about religion and stuff. The internet is there for anyone who wants to know the true-true.And hey, while we are at it, I didn't hear anyone (=non-Caucasian) complain when Idris Elba was cast as Heimdall in Thor.
Firstly, Thor bears no correlation with any active religious movement today as many in the modern world know better that Thor and all things relating to Norse myths remain mythological so in that sense characters could be cast as the movie-makers deem and aside from that liturgical angle, a film-maker from Scandinavia will never cast a dark-skinned character to represent Heimdall in a non-comic-based Thor movie as it would be misrepresentation of the actual account which will definitely offend the sensibility of their majority because unlike us, they care how such things may tell on the psyche of their younger ones who has taken interest in that aspect of their culture. Also, Hollywood (Marvel Studio) reserves the creative rights to readjust comic characters and story such that it doesn't conform to the familiar comic setting and depiction. For instance the Nick Fury I know in the Avenger comics is a Caucasian and not an African-american as portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson in the Avenger movie. I don't have any issue with that, I hope you get my point, and if you do then let me ask - do you think the whole Asian world would take it lightly if Buddha or Confucius was portrayed in an high budget Hollywood movie as purely bred Caucasian or dark skinned African ?

kay9:
The sad fact is 90% of Nigerians (even the so-called educated ones) will most like react with derision if they saw a black Moses. So dont blame it all on Hollywood, they are just feeding us what we want - we who should know better.
It's because those people that believed themselves Nigerians are either incapable of conducting critical analyses about these Abrahamic religions banged down their mind by missionary agents of Euro-arab colonialism and jihad or are choose to be ignorant on how Abrahamic religions came to West Africa. They are indeed suffering from mental slavery, Stockholm syndrome and all types of inferiority complex.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by macof(m): 8:54am On May 17, 2015
kay9:
I think your topic says it all - the movie was purely for entertainment - no need to go into all that about religion and stuff. The internet is there for anyone who wants to know the true-true. The sad fact is 90% of Nigerians (even the so-called educated ones) will most like react with derision if they saw a black Moses. So dont blame it all on Hollywood, they are just feeding us what we want - we who should know better.

And hey, while we are at it, I didn't hear anyone (=non-Caucasian) complain when Idris Elba was cast as Heimdall in Thor.
You make a good point with the bold but the movie Thor was pure comic based and holds little reference to the actual Norse Spirituality
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2015
tpiaT:
yes, that scene was depicted differently from what people were expecting.
How do people know what to expect, oh you mean Christians and Jews. Have you watched Nativity story ? If you haven't then please do...
purplekayc:
Dont wNt to say nagetive about this guy hes one of th e best film makers along with his late brother.
...understand that Ridley Scott, an excellent director is very careful when researching his film project such as Gladiator where certain elements complies with historical fact but seems to care less this time around if his recent work offends the sensibility of any group of people so far it seeing the light of the day is guaranteed. The same goes with other famous and unpopular directors, producers, writers etc in Hollywood who are tend to be considerate when making movies on sensitive subject races that borders on racial, ethnic and active religion sometimes especially when not to offend the Jewish people, why don't they pay that respect to the negroid race the same way writer Mike Rich and director Catherine Hardwicke ensured their story abides by available historical record by casting dark-skinned African Eriq Ebouaney to portray King Balthazaar, one of the three wise men in the movie Nativity Story.
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by VoteOutPDPJona: 2:28pm On May 17, 2015
Religions, conspiracies, hidden messages, brain washing.......

We shall know the truth one day....
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by purplekayc(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2015
ghostofsparta:
How do people know what to expect, oh you mean Christians and Jews. Have you watched Nativity story ? If you haven't then please do...
...understand that Ridley Scott, an excellent director is very careful when researching his film project such as Gladiator where certain elements complies with historical fact but seems to care less this time around if his recent work offends the sensibility of any group of people so far it seeing the light of the day is guaranteed. The same goes with other famous and unpopular directors, producers, writers etc in Hollywood who are tend to be considerate when making movies on sensitive subject races that borders on racial, ethnic and active religion sometimes especially when not to offend the Jewish people, why don't they pay that respect to the negroid race the same way writer Mike Rich and director Catherine Hardwicke ensured their story abides by available historical record by casting dark-skinned African Eriq Ebouaney to portray King Balthazaar, one of the three wise men in the movie Nativity Story.

where and which scenes does not cpmply with historical lines,?
He was only trying to explain it in his own ways.for example when moses(xtian bale)was leading the people and needed to cross the seA,the water body instead of being parted was taken up into the clouds and suspended and was later rained down as heavy water destroying pharaoh's army.
God too was portrayed through a child.
I
Re: Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value by ghostofsparta(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2015
purplekayc:
where and which scenes does not cpmply with historical lines,?
He was only trying to explain it in his own ways.for example when moses(xtian bale)was leading the people and needed to cross the seA,the water body instead of being parted was taken up into the clouds and suspended and was later rained down as heavy water destroying pharaoh's army.
God too was portrayed through a child.
I
according to displeased religious critics-->sword=earthquake=tsunamic effect

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download:jenifa’s Diary Season 5 Episode 1-13 / Watch Singam 3 Tamil Full Movie Online / What The Cast Of History's 'vikings' Looks Like In Real Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.