Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:03 PM

Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets (41266 Views)

Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets / Top 5 NIGERIAN Owned Brand Phones And Tablets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by iamord(m): 6:31pm On May 15, 2015
debbie:
I heard of the hope city project.But i was told that they company doesnt have a standard structure.....well from a staff.
well u know normal African organisational problems. For me the main problem for them is the government. And the owners involvement in some shady deals
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by mechtakesover: 6:56pm On May 15, 2015
Jayboi:
shey na those local phones we wan chop. Abeg, make the ogbeni pay Money and stop wasting resources on frivolities. Different phones wey correct and even cheap plenty for market. I wonder what this so called innovations are about. All their opon imos etc are no more working.
must u talk because u won talk.. u know the amount of phones wey them dey sell everyday for this same poor country?
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 15, 2015
The Op here is a bloody propagandist I was initially thrilled at the fact we are progressing as a nation the next thing his talkin about party..this are the kinda people that are not allowing this country to progress with thier feable mindedness mtcheeewwww

niyisky:
12 PICTURES FROM THE SILENT TECHNOLOGY REVOLUTION AND MIRACLE IN OSUN

ADDRESS BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF OSUN, OGBENI RAUF AREGBESOLA, AT THE RLG PRODUCT DISCOVERY DAY HELD AT RLG ADULAWO TECHNOLOGY CITY, BOLORUNDURO AREA, ILESA-AKURE EXPRESSWAY, ON THURSDAY MAY 14, 2015

Protocols,

The fruit of vision

It gives me great pleasure to be present at this momentous occasion of RLG Product Discovery Day.

On January 30 last year, we were here to commission this company, RLG Adulawo Technology City, a historic monument to the power of vision. But today, we have come to present to the whole world, the fruit of that vision.

When we came here last year, critics and naysayers were quick to allege that we were doing it for the purpose of the election that was to come up later in the year; that the whole idea was mere window-dressing and once the election was over, the idea would lapse into oblivion. We thank the Almighty God today that they have been proven wrong once again.

On what have they not be proven wrong? They predicted that O’YES would fail, they predicted that O’MEALS would fail, they even predicted that O’REAP would fail. Then of course, they predicted that we would not win re-election. They also predicted that the alliance that produced the All Progressives Congress (APC) would collapse in six months. Then, they predicted that the APC Presidential Candidate would not win the election. But we are here today celebrating the goodness of God for the success of our programmes and our electoral aspirations; and we can now laugh at their puerile and malicious predictions that are doomed to failure ab initio. When their predictions fail, their next move now is to cowardly attack our families.

This plant, a public-private partnership arrangement between RLG Ghana and our state is the biggest in Africa and the first of its kind in Nigeria. Given the potential of the electronic market in Nigeria, a firm like this is a necessity. When fully operational, it will be able to assemble all kinds of electronic gadgets starting from mobile phones, LCD televisions, desktop computers, laptops, palmtops, tablets, air conditioners, refrigerators, deep freezers and any electronic device imaginable.

From a recent release from the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), as at February this year, there are 142.5million active mobile telephone lines in Nigeria. Every year, not less than 10 million lines are added to existing ones in an ever expanding national teledensity. This means that if a mobile phone has an average lifespan of three years, in the next three years, there will be a demand for 142.5 million phones, in addition to the new lines that would have been activated then. While it is practically impossible, in a capitalist world, for one manufacturer to corner this humongous market, we have the comparative advantage to capture a sizeable portion of it. No country in Europe, except Russia, has a market this big. This was our vision when we went into talks with RLG and we are happy today that the effort is bearing fruits.

A significant breakthrough for the company is that GSM service providers have also partnered with it. RLG has and has delivered an order for 50,000 phones from Airtel Nigeria. It has received the same order from Globacom. This company has provided direct employment for 150 workers. In the next phase of its operation which it has just entered into, it is providing indirect employment to 1,500 salespersons who will man the kiosks and other sales outposts for RLG products as it enters the mobile phone markets, first in Osun and then the South West and ultimately other parts of Nigeria.

The workers at this factory are graduates of Osun Youth Empowerment Technology (OYESTECH), trained by RLG, and are the ones who assembled the beautiful products on display here.

In the 1960s up till the 70s, only one or two houses would have a black and white television set in a whole street. Today, the story has changed. It is possible for a single house to have five. Our country is saturated with finished electronic products imported from all over the world, mostly from Asia, costing us billions of dollars every year and constituting a huge drain on our foreign exchange.

Our vision is that this company will bridge the gap, not only to assemble electronic gadgets locally but also to increase local content until it becomes manufacturer of finished products and suppliers of basic components like panels and semi-conductors to other manufacturers.

It is from this company that we will begin the assembly of our flagship e-learning device, Opon Imo. Our plan is to fulfil the needs of the public schools in Osun after which we will start taking orders from other states. Indeed, we have received multiple requests from many states of the federation and it stands to reason that more requests will come the moment we start taking orders.

Do not look down on small beginnings. Though this place looks small, but our vision is big. That is why we named this company RLG Adulawo Technology City. It is a city in the making. We have only planted the first seed, we are going to nurture and water this mustard seed and watch it grow into a mighty tree.

When we came into office, we advertised our intention to make Osun the ICT hub in Nigeria. It looked like a tall order then, but today, it is fast becoming a reality. Once again, we are grateful to the Almighty that we have fulfilled every promise we made to our people because God is with us. Any other promise we made that has not yet been fulfilled, we are going to fulfil it. We will not disappoint the people who trusted us and keep giving us the mandate to govern. It is not in our DNA to disappoint. Whatever challenges we are facing can only be temporary. Our commitment and passion to serve our people is undiminished. We remain resolute to lay a solid foundation and preside over the most peaceful and the most prosperous era in the annals of this state. We shall fulfil our mandate because our best is yet to come.

It is pertinent to thank profusely our partners. First, I must thank Mr Roland Agambire, the chairman of RLG Global, for his unwavering confidence in us. While we were negotiating the partnership for this joint effort, he stoutly resisted the formidable attempt of an oil rich south-south governor to hijack the project into his state.

I also thank Airtel for the company’s confidence in the products of RLG. I am especially grateful to the company’s CEO, Mr Segun Ogunsanya, for boldly identifying with RLG and agreeing to do business with us. Airtel is the fourth biggest telecommunications company in the world and must have considered RLG’s products capable of competing with global brands in the market and is willing to stake its reputation with us.

I will not forget Mr Bola Oyebamiji, the MD of OSICOL, the investment and business arm of the State Government that has been our representative at RLG.

Finally, I will like to thank every other person or organisation that has been involved in the success of RLG Adulawo Technology City. Your effort has not been in vain.

To this distinguished audience, I thank you for your kind attention.
Osun a dara!
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by adeA1(m): 7:04pm On May 15, 2015
maggilove:
I am a proud citizen of Iwwo in the State of Osun. Osun adara o.
Iwo lawaoo we shall make it great
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 15, 2015
Hmm
Osun State phone for this Nija?

I suggest let the phone be examined by their producers because there might be bombs hiding inside the phones.......

I know my country can do silly things.
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by BushidoBlue(m): 8:35pm On May 15, 2015
This is awesome news!!!! More like this
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by SilverSurfer: 8:47pm On May 15, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Wow, Big Thumbs up! Am impressed. Haters gon' keep hating.
Guy you're funny sha. All you could deduce from all you read is HATERS. By the time you realise nobody really cares about you or what you think,.................!!!!
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 15, 2015
OduaVanguard:

You are just a hater, pure and simple. Shey no be people dey work for there? At least give the state government credit for creating jobs through the initiative, considering that the state is largely a civil servant state. Smh.
What the guy said is correct! A lot has been going on here on NL.
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by emiye(m): 10:06pm On May 15, 2015
kudos to Aregbesola, even though he has failed to pay salaries for 6 months for which he deserves a knock, it is easier to see what he has done in 4 years+, currently osun state is no 36,on the fg allocation table , I.e the state with the least allocation from fg, one can say aregbe was trying to bite more than he can chew with his projects like airport, fg/state roads, mega schools, school feeding, learning tablet e.t.c for a state with a meagre allocation, he assumed and planned on the assumption that allocation will remain at worst stagnant, things went the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by molas02: 11:01pm On May 15, 2015
ahaz:
made or assembled in Osun. Well good move by Aregbe but pls oga pay ur state workers
And mak him son Kabiru explain how d #187m tak waka reach Muritala air port lagos
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by BabaIbo: 12:00am On May 16, 2015
I wonder which kind of app this one go collect... E go just be like calculator...#lol
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by onusam: 12:15am On May 16, 2015
cool grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by allenadeola(m): 1:04am On May 16, 2015
The phone will be able to compete with other small phones of its class in the market if the battery is good and it doesn't sound like chinco otherwise, Cresting Made in Nigeria " on it will quickly spell doom for marketing
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by Texasquare(m): 11:19am On May 16, 2015
I cnt blame u coz u dnt have father '' eni ti ko ba ni iru eni ko le mo iyi eni''. You slow poke.
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by OduaVanguard: 5:07pm On May 16, 2015
Jayboi:

abeg. never quote me if you don't av a point. do you know how much and even if those pple working there are paid? I guess not. I av friends among them paid peanuts. Good innovation. that's right. but learn to do the right thing and at the right time.
after they launch their phones, tell me how many Nigerian ll patronize them. when better and cheaper ones full market

Abegi make I hear word. I will quote you and heaven will not fall. Your arguments smell like bullshyt, talking about "who will buy them". Na spirits dey buy China phones? No be humans dey buy fake/imitation ibo-made products? Do you even know whether the state government has plans to promote its use.

And about the wages, oh pls! At least some people are getting paid SOMETHING Dammit!! Something Naira is greater and better than zero naira. Besides those people can quit those jobs if unsatisfied with those wages and watch and see how many others will jump at it. Why don't you set up your own business and pay them better wages?

Any how, bad belle is allowed.
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by PrinceVictorE(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2015
Point of correction 'Coupled in Osun' not 'Made in Osun'

Besides if you say he's creating job, its fine but what is the meaning of Job without Pay?
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by PrinceVictorE(m): 9:24am On May 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Abegi make I hear word. I will quote you and heaven will not fall. Your arguments smell like bullshyt, talking about "who will buy them". Na spirits dey buy China phones? No be humans dey buy fake/imitation ibo-made products? Do you even know whether the state government has plans to promote its use.

And about the wages, oh pls! At least some people are getting paid SOMETHING Dammit!! Something Naira is greater and better than zero naira. Besides those people can quit those jobs if unsatisfied with those wages and watch and see how many others will jump at it. Why don't you set up your own business and pay them better wages?

Any how, bad belle is allowed.

Please you are the one to shut your trap you call mouth....
Work without pay is equivalent to Zero naira.
Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
Rlg is a Ghana company that did open imo thing it is never an osun firm.....I know the firm well and I do pr for them ...they have office. at Maryland.

People should stop lying .....I was at their assembly plant the day they inaugurated it ....the RLG is even going down .....

PEOPLE SHOULD CONFIRM STORIES ....BEFORE THEY PUBLISH ..WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN OSUN IS COUPLING OF PARTS NOT EVEN ASSEMBLED

don't mind dem

http://www.rlgglobal.com/about-rlg

COMPANY PROFILE
Rlg Group of Companies Limited started in Ghana with the
incorporation of ROGAMS LINK now Rlg Communications
(Ghana) Limited, as the leading Ghanaian computer and
handset manufacturing company. The company is the first
indigenous African company to assemble laptops, desktops
and mobile phones and offer ICT training in computer and
phone repairs. The Accra-based company is modeled to
generate mass, high-skilled employment for thousands of
African youth and meet the rising demand for computers
and other ICT devices.
Besides the product range, Rlg is also engaged in capacity
building and training programmes in collaboration with
Ghana's Ministry of Youth and Sports through the Ghana
Youth Employment Entrepreneurial Development Agency
(GYEEDA) at the Rlg Institute of Technology. Under the
programme, Rlg has successfully trained over 30,000 youth
in mobile phone servicing, repairs, assembling, sales and
service delivery, computer programming, hardware,
software and entrepreneurship. Another 30,000 are
currently being trained in the application of ICT in mobile
telephony. These trainings are undertaken at more than 46
centres established in Ghana alone. Similar training centres
have been established in Nigeria and the Gambia.
Rlg seeks to develop best quality technology in the
electronic products they assemble in Ghana and elsewhere,
and to deliver quality and value to their customers, clients
and other stakeholders. The company holds an Original
Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) partnership status with
Microsoft.
Rlg Group of Companies Limited has affiliates and offices in
Ghana, China, Nigeria, Dubai, Kenya, South Africa, Angola,
Rwanda and the Gambia with far advanced plans to expand
into the entire West Africa market and subsequently to the
rest of the continent.
The Group Products ranges from low end, mid end to the
high end. These are mobile phones, desktops, laptops with
our latest being the Uhuru tablet which is a laptop and
tablet combined, ear piece, and other accessories.
Rlg has won a number of awards and recognitions. It is
currently ranked 1st on the List of Top 100 Companies in
Ghana, known as the Ghana Club 100. It was additionally
adjudged the Fastest Growing Company in Ghana and the
Leader in Ghana ICT Sector for 2011 by the Ghana
Investment Promotion Center (GIPC).
The company's Founder and CEO, Roland Agambire was
adjudged Ghana's Marketing Man of the Year 2011 by the
Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) and one of
his products, Rlg Phones, were also named Product of the
Year 2011. He had previously been awarded by ECOWAS,
The Ghana Chamber of Commerce and Industry and many
others.
Mr Agambire is currently the 2nd Most Respected CEO in
Ghana and Rlg, the 3rd Most Respected Company in Ghan a,
according to the global audit and accounting firm,
PriceWaterHouse Coopers & the Business & Financial Times
newspaper.
Rlg is a proud member of the Association of Ghana
Industries (AGI), Ghana Chamber of Commerce & Industry
(GCCI ) and corporate member of the Institute of Public
Relations, Ghana (IPR).
HISTORY
Rlg Communications Group started operation in Ghana in
2002, first as a small internet cafe and later a mobile phone
repair and sales outlet known as Roagam Links. In 2006,
the company was rebranded under the name Rlg
Communications Limited, then as a subsidiary of the
Agams Group of Companies Limited (now Agams Holdings
Limited) as a limited liability.
In 2012, the company became a separate entity from the
Agams Holdings Limited to form the Rlg Group of
Companies with its subsidiaries being Rlg Communications
Ghana Limited, Rlg Institute of Technology Limited, The Rlg
Foundation, Rlg Security Services Limited, Rlg
Communications JLT (Rlg Dubai), Rlg Communications PYT
(Rlg South Africa), Rlg Communications Nigeria Limited, Rlg
Communications Kenya Limited, Rlg Communications China
Limited, Rlg Communications Rwanda Limited, Rlg
Communications Gambia Limited and counting.
Over the years the company has evolved to become key
entity in the ICT industry and is on its way to becoming a
global ICT gaint.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Made Osun State Phones And Tablets by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
niyisky:
12 PICTURES FROM THE SILENT TECHNOLOGY REVOLUTION AND MIRACLE IN OSUN

ADDRESS BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF OSUN, OGBENI RAUF AREGBESOLA, AT THE RLG PRODUCT DISCOVERY DAY HELD AT RLG ADULAWO TECHNOLOGY CITY, BOLORUNDURO AREA, ILESA-AKURE EXPRESSWAY, ON THURSDAY MAY 14, 2015

Protocols,

The fruit of vision

It gives me great pleasure to be present at this momentous occasion of RLG Product Discovery Day.

On January 30 last year, we were here to commission this company, RLG Adulawo Technology City, a historic monument to the power of vision. But today, we have come to present to the whole world, the fruit of that vision.

When we came here last year, critics and naysayers were quick to allege that we were doing it for the purpose of the election that was to come up later in the year; that the whole idea was mere window-dressing and once the election was over, the idea would lapse into oblivion. We thank the Almighty God today that they have been proven wrong once again.

On what have they not be proven wrong? They predicted that O’YES would fail, they predicted that O’MEALS would fail, they even predicted that O’REAP would fail. Then of course, they predicted that we would not win re-election. They also predicted that the alliance that produced the All Progressives Congress (APC) would collapse in six months. Then, they predicted that the APC Presidential Candidate would not win the election. But we are here today celebrating the goodness of God for the success of our programmes and our electoral aspirations; and we can now laugh at their puerile and malicious predictions that are doomed to failure ab initio. When their predictions fail, their next move now is to cowardly attack our families.

This plant, a public-private partnership arrangement between RLG Ghana and our state is the biggest in Africa and the first of its kind in Nigeria. Given the potential of the electronic market in Nigeria, a firm like this is a necessity. When fully operational, it will be able to assemble all kinds of electronic gadgets starting from mobile phones, LCD televisions, desktop computers, laptops, palmtops, tablets, air conditioners, refrigerators, deep freezers and any electronic device imaginable.

From a recent release from the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), as at February this year, there are 142.5million active mobile telephone lines in Nigeria. Every year, not less than 10 million lines are added to existing ones in an ever expanding national teledensity. This means that if a mobile phone has an average lifespan of three years, in the next three years, there will be a demand for 142.5 million phones, in addition to the new lines that would have been activated then. While it is practically impossible, in a capitalist world, for one manufacturer to corner this humongous market, we have the comparative advantage to capture a sizeable portion of it. No country in Europe, except Russia, has a market this big. This was our vision when we went into talks with RLG and we are happy today that the effort is bearing fruits.

A significant breakthrough for the company is that GSM service providers have also partnered with it. RLG has and has delivered an order for 50,000 phones from Airtel Nigeria. It has received the same order from Globacom. This company has provided direct employment for 150 workers. In the next phase of its operation which it has just entered into, it is providing indirect employment to 1,500 salespersons who will man the kiosks and other sales outposts for RLG products as it enters the mobile phone markets, first in Osun and then the South West and ultimately other parts of Nigeria.

The workers at this factory are graduates of Osun Youth Empowerment Technology (OYESTECH), trained by RLG, and are the ones who assembled the beautiful products on display here.

In the 1960s up till the 70s, only one or two houses would have a black and white television set in a whole street. Today, the story has changed. It is possible for a single house to have five. Our country is saturated with finished electronic products imported from all over the world, mostly from Asia, costing us billions of dollars every year and constituting a huge drain on our foreign exchange.

Our vision is that this company will bridge the gap, not only to assemble electronic gadgets locally but also to increase local content until it becomes manufacturer of finished products and suppliers of basic components like panels and semi-conductors to other manufacturers.

It is from this company that we will begin the assembly of our flagship e-learning device, Opon Imo. Our plan is to fulfil the needs of the public schools in Osun after which we will start taking orders from other states. Indeed, we have received multiple requests from many states of the federation and it stands to reason that more requests will come the moment we start taking orders.

Do not look down on small beginnings. Though this place looks small, but our vision is big. That is why we named this company RLG Adulawo Technology City. It is a city in the making. We have only planted the first seed, we are going to nurture and water this mustard seed and watch it grow into a mighty tree.

When we came into office, we advertised our intention to make Osun the ICT hub in Nigeria. It looked like a tall order then, but today, it is fast becoming a reality. Once again, we are grateful to the Almighty that we have fulfilled every promise we made to our people because God is with us. Any other promise we made that has not yet been fulfilled, we are going to fulfil it. We will not disappoint the people who trusted us and keep giving us the mandate to govern. It is not in our DNA to disappoint. Whatever challenges we are facing can only be temporary. Our commitment and passion to serve our people is undiminished. We remain resolute to lay a solid foundation and preside over the most peaceful and the most prosperous era in the annals of this state. We shall fulfil our mandate because our best is yet to come.

It is pertinent to thank profusely our partners. First, I must thank Mr Roland Agambire, the chairman of RLG Global, for his unwavering confidence in us. While we were negotiating the partnership for this joint effort, he stoutly resisted the formidable attempt of an oil rich south-south governor to hijack the project into his state.

I also thank Airtel for the company’s confidence in the products of RLG. I am especially grateful to the company’s CEO, Mr Segun Ogunsanya, for boldly identifying with RLG and agreeing to do business with us. Airtel is the fourth biggest telecommunications company in the world and must have considered RLG’s products capable of competing with global brands in the market and is willing to stake its reputation with us.

I will not forget Mr Bola Oyebamiji, the MD of OSICOL, the investment and business arm of the State Government that has been our representative at RLG.

Finally, I will like to thank every other person or organisation that has been involved in the success of RLG Adulawo Technology City. Your effort has not been in vain.

To this distinguished audience, I thank you for your kind attention.
Osun a dara!

aregbesola and propaganda. kudos for attracting foreign investment to your state. but quit claiming you spent state money to establish it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else / Why Do People Buy & Sell Old Social Media Accounts? / Star W450 MTK6582 Android 4.2 Smartphone - Spec & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.