Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (247245 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2015 Warri Wolves
Salami hat-trick dims Sunshine Stars
[/size]
[img]http://africanfootball.com/news/573282/Salami-hat-trick-dims-Sunshine-Stars[/img]
Gbolahan Salami scored thrice for Warri Wolves to dump Sunshine Stars in Warri
Gbolahan Salami scored a treble to help Warri Wolves beat Sunshine Stars 3-0 and cut to three points Enyimba’s lead at the top of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) table on Saturday.
Wolves are now second on the league table with 55 points from 32 matches, while Sunshine Stars dropped to third place with 53 points.
Enyimba, who are guests of regional rivals Heartland on Sunday, remain top of the pile on 58 points.
After a number of misses, Salami broke the deadlock in the 42nd minute, when he turned in Joseph Osadiaye's pass.
He doubled Wolves lead with his second goal of the game in the 52nd minute.
The Nigeria international completed his hat-trick with in the 90th minute.
He has now scored 13 goals.
The former 3SC forward fired wide in the fifth minute from inside the 18-yard area after Stanley Dimgba's pass.
Five minutes later, Stanley Dimgba's again sent a cross for Salami, who couldn't meet it.
In the 13th minute, Salami fired over the bar from a very promising position.
Both sides had chances to score in the second half but Sunshine goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa for one denied the home team on several occasions.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/573282/Salami-hat-trick-dims-Sunshine-Stars
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2015 South Africa U23
CHAN Eagles face South Africa U23s Oct 13
[/size]

Nigeria vas South Africa in a friendly earlier this year
Nigeria’s home-based Super Eagles will now take on South Africa U23 team on Tuesday, October 13, after the test game was moved by some days.
AfricanFootball.com first broke the story that South Africa U23s will take on the home-based Eagles who are preparing for a 2016 CHAN qualifier.
Both the NFF and SAFA have now finalised the game will be played on Tuesday, October 13 in Port Harcourt.
The home-based Eagles are top open training camp on Monday, October 4, ahead of a CHAN qualifier against Burkina Faso in Port Harcourt.
The match has been fixed for October 18.

africanfootball.com/news/572888/CHAN-Eagles-face-South-Africa-U23s-Oct-13
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Yul Edochie: Mikel Must Leave Chelsea, Costa Should Calm Down
[/size]

Chelsea on Saturday continued their slump in the Barclays Premier League as they were defeated 3-1 by Southampton at Stamford Bridge. That made it the fourth defeat by Jose Mourinho’s men in eight league games this season. The Premier League champions are just above the teams in the relegation zone in the table but Nollywood star Yul Edochie, the son of veteran actor and former broadcaster Chief Pete Edochie of Things Fall Apart fame, exclusively tells Comple tesportsnigeria.com’s IZUCHUKWU OKOSI that the poor run of form currently suffered by the Blues will come to an end. Chelsea fan Edochie also spoke about Super Eagles midfielder Mikel Obi’s lack of playing time at the club. BACK FROM THE POOR RUN OF FORM “I think Chelsea will bounce back. The results so far have been disappointing really. “But you can’t be flying high all the time. So I believe they’ll bounce back and still be title contenders.” MIKEL OBI AT CHELSEA “Our brother Mikel Obi is a great player. I wish he would get more playing time. Since that’s not happening in Chelsea, I feel he should go elsewhere and play. “Mikel is currently one of our most celebrated players in the Super Eagles. I feel really bad seeing him on the bench all the time. “Its’ not good for the image of Nigerian football. He should be playing regular football.” DIEGO COSTA “Diego Costa is a great player but I think he has a temper problem which he needs to work on. “We need him (Costa) to play constantly, that’s what he’s paid for. Not to be banned all the time.” JOSE MOURINHO “We have a great coach, Jose Mourinho, and good players as well. Jose is going through a bad period but its only normal to experience setbacks in life, that’s what makes us human.” WATCHING CHELSEA GAMES “Its not easy though. But when I’m free I watch their matches. I don’t get to watch all Chelsea games because of my schedule. Sometimes I watch only their highlights.”
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/yul-edochie-mikel-must-leave-chelsea-costa-should-calm-down/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles Get New Venues For Congo, Cameroon Friendlies
[/size]

The venues for Super Eagles friendly matches against Congo and Cameroon have been changed, according to latest reports from the Nigeria Football Federation official website.
The coach Sunday Oliseh-led side will now play in Vise (Municipality located in the Walloon province of Liège) and Dendermonde (Municipality located in the Flemish province of East Flanders in the Denderstreek) against DR Congo and Cameroon respectively as against Mons and Denderleeuw as earlier scheduled.
The Super Eagles play the Leopards of Democratic Republic of Congo on Thursday, October 8 and will then confront the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon on Sunday, October 11.
The home-based players and team officials for the matches are now expected to travel on Tuesday after visa hitches prevented them from departing for Belgium on Sunday as earlier scheduled.
Meanwhile West Ham United winger Victor Moses has pulled out of the fast approaching friendly engagements of the Super Eagles against the Democratic Republic of Congo and Cameroun.
Moses, in a letter to the Nigeria Football Federation through the Super Eagles’ Administrator, Enebi Achor, said he was pulling out in a precautionary move against injury and this is seen as a setback according to the head coachSunday Oliseh.
Moses was in action on Saturday in West Ham’s 2-2 Premier League draw with Sunderland, setting up one of his side’s goals.
He was taken off early in the second half.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/eagles-get-new-venues-for-congo-cameroon-friendlies/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ighalo Thrilled To Remain 2015 Top Scorer In England
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo, has expressed delight after scoring his 21st goal in 2015 in Watford's 1-1 draw against Bournemouth on Saturday.
Ighalo remains the highest scoring player (21 goals), in all top four tiers of the English football in year 2015.
In a chat with Brila FM, Ighalo said he will keep on working hard for his team.
"Scoring my 21st goal of the year, to me, it is a wonderful record," the former Granada star said on Monday.
"But I am not going to get carried away, I will continue to work hard and help my team for us to do well in the league."
Ighalo however expressed sadness that Watford didn't secure all the three points against Bournemouth.
"Though we got a draw, I am disappointed that we didn't win the game because we missed a lot of scoring chances," he added.
He is expected to feature for the Eagles in their international friendly games against DR Congo and Cameroon in Belgium this week.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/ighalo-thrilled-to-remain-2015-top-scorer-in-england/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ideye, Chrisantus Open Goal Accounts; Musa, Dauda On Target
[/size]
—Ekong, Oboabona, Igboun In Action
By James Agberebi:
Nigerian striker, Brown Ideye, opened his goal account on Sunday for Olympiacos in their 2-0 away win against PAOK Thessaloniki in the Greek Super League.
Ideye scored in the 27th minute to put his side 1-0 ahead. He was later replaced by Alfred Finnbogason on 68 minutes. Olympiacos’ second goal was scored by Luka Milivojevic.
Still in Greece, former junior international Macauley Chrisantus was the hero for AEK Athens, as he scored his first goal in their 1-0 win against Atromitos. Chrisantus scored three minutes after coming on for Ronald Vargas in the 79th minute.
In Russia, Ahmed Musa continued his goal scoring form for CSKA Moscow as his 77th minute strike sealed a 2-0 win against Dinamo Moscow. The goal was Musa’s sixth in 11 appearances for CSKA this season. Pontus Wernbloom opened the scoring for CSKA in the 47th minute.
Former Midjylland forward, Sylvester Igboun, was instrumental in UFA’s 1-1 draw against Krasnodar at home, as he provided the assist for their first goal scored by Semyon Fomin. Igboun has scored two goals in nine outings for UFA.
In Norway, Eagles defender, William Troost-Ekong, was in action for Haugesund but couldn’t prevent them from losing 2-1 at home to Odd. Troost-Ekong was in action for 90 minutes. Odd did not parade their Nigerian forward, Chukwuma Akabueze.
Godfrey Oboabona was in action in the Turkish league and featured for 90 minutes for Rizespor but still went down with them in their 3-2 home loss to Bursaspor.
Former Flying Eagles player, Michael Olaitan, featured for FC Twente in their 3-1 loss to AZ Alkmaar in their Eredivisie clash. Olaitan later made way for Thomas Agyepong in the 76th minute. MeanWhile, Chinedu Ede featured for 90 minutes.
Nigerian striker, Abiola Dauda, was on target for Vitesse as they thrashed Groningen 5-0. Dauda was introduced for Chelsea on-loan player, Dominic Solanke, who was also on target.
In Serie A, Ogenyi Onazi was overlooked for selection for Lazio as they beat Frosinone 2-0. Onazi has only seen action just once for Lazio this current campaign.
Super Eagles winger, Moses Simon, was on for 90 minutes in Belgium, as Gent defeated Club Brugge 4-1. It was Simon’s 10th game of the season but he is yet to score.
One-cap Super Eagles forward, Imoh Ezekiel, was replaced by Matias Suarez in the 65th minute, as Anderlecht played out a 1-1 draw against Mechelen.
Also in the Belgian league, Nigerian player, Wilfred Ndidi, was on for 82 minutes in Genk’s 3-1 win against Standard Liege. Ndidi was replaced by Byram Heynen.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/ideye-chrisantus-open-goal-accounts-musa-dauda-on-target/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Mikel, Ighalo Land In Belgium For Congo, Cameroon Friendlies
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-to-recall-moses-mikel-ighalo-for-cameroon-congo/[/img]
By Adeboye Amosu:
England-based duo, Mikel Obi and Odion Ighalo, are the earliest arrivals at the Super Eagles camp in Verviews, Belgium ahead of the international friendlies against DR Congo and Cameroon, reports comple tesportsnigeria.com.
The two players who missed the Eagles’ opening two games under new coach Sunday Oilseh stormed the team’s Verviews Hotel base on Sunday.
They are expected to be joined in camp by the other foreign-based players on Monday.
The six home-based players, Femi Thomas, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Austin Oboroakpo, Prince Onobi, Prince Aggreh and Chima Akas, will link up with their overseas counterpart on Tuesday.
The Super Eagles will confront DR Congo in Vise, Liege on Thursday, October 8 and will then confront the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in Dendermonde on Sunday, October 11.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-ighalo-land-in-belgium-for-congo-cameroon-friendlies/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Moses Withdraws From Eagles Friendlies Against Cameroon, Congo
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-recalls-mikel-enyeama-moses-ighalo-for-cameroon/[/img]
West Ham forward Victor Moses has withdrawn from Nigeria’s friendlies against Cameroon and Congo billed for next weel in Belgium.
The Super Eagles face their African rivals in Belgium on 8 October and 11 October to prepare for upcoming qualifiers.
The Nigeria Football Federation announced on their Twitter handle late on Sunday night that Moses had withdrawn, but gave no further details.
Moses was in action on Saturday in West Ham’s 2-2 Premier League draw with Sunderland, setting up one of his side’s goals.
He was taken off early in the second half, although it is not clear if this was due to an injury.
The friendlies in Belgium would have been Moses’ first games under Sunday Oliseh, who met with the former Wigan star in London in the early days of his (Oliseh’s) tenure.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/moses-withdraws-from-eagles-friendlies-against-cameroon-congo/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Pinnick: Oliseh’ll Win Eagles Trophies, Falcons Will Get New Coach
[/size]

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja:
President of Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick is confident that Super Eagles will win many trophies with Sunday Oliseh as coach.
Pinnick told Complete Sports that with what the NFF under his leadership has been able to put in place these past 12 months, Nigerian football will thrive again and that the Super Eagles will dominate Africa for long.
The former boss of Delta Football Association said that he is least perturbed by the recent dip in the fortunes of the national teams, stressing that the NFF has set up the machinery that can only take the country’s football back to the top.
“We are aware of the high expectations of Nigerians and we are confident that the Super Eagles will win a lot of trophies with the way we have set up things in the NFF,” Pinnick said.
“We are emulating the Germans who after an awful period went back to the drawing board and came out with a 12-year plan.
“That 12-year plan has culminated in Germany winning the World Cup. We are optimistic that our football will return to the top.”
The NFF boss said they are laying a solid foundation for a brighter future, adding: “Nigerians love winning all the time and I can assure them that Oliseh and the Eagles will give us plenty of trophies.”
On the Super Falcons, Pinnick said the federation has put up an advert for a world-class coach to be hired for the national women team, noting that the coach that will be hired is expected to turn around the fortunes of women’s football in the country.
“We are not restricting any local coach from applying if they have the requisite qualifications to coach Super Falcons. I can assure you that we shall hire a coach that will make the Falcons a world-class team,” he told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/pinnick-olisehll-win-eagles-trophies-falcons-will-get-new-coach/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Wolves Fans: Salami Is Our Lionel Messi
[/size]

By Adeboye Amosu In Warri:
Fans of Glo Premier League side, Warri Wolves have described the club's forward, Gbolahan Salami as their own replica of Argentine superstar, Lionel Messi following his impressive showing in Saturday's 3-0 win against title rivals, Sunshine Stars, C ompletesportsnigeria .com reports.
Salami who has missed the Seasiders' last five games due to injury, mark his return to the starting line-up by grabbing a hat-trick against his former club.
"In my opinion, Salami is the best player in the Glo Premier League. He is our own Lionel Messi and he proved that by single handedly wrecking Sunshine Stars," Sam Omonigho, a club supporter told C ompletesportsnigeria .com.
Another fan, David Ugavah also eulogized the erstwhile Shooting Stars Sports Club of Ibadan goal getter for his goals-scoring prowess and quality.
"With Salami back in the team, I believe we can win the title.
"He is important to this club just like Messi is to Barcelona. He is a quality striker and is also skilful too."
Salami has scored 13 goals for the Seasiders in the Glo Premier League this season.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/wolves-fans-salami-is-our-lionel-messi/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: I Want to Play for Super Eagles - Olugoal
[/size]
interview
By Mansur Abubakar
Najeem Olukokun a.k.a Olugoalis one of the strikers presently making the waves in the Glo Premier League. The Shooting Stars FC forward has netted 12 times this season to help the Ibadan club to keep up their push for a continental ticket.SHOT!caught up with the former Kwara United player for a chat.
Tell us about yourself and how you got into football?
My name is Olukokun Najeem. I was born and brought up in Oyo town and got into football in the usual way like most Nigerian footballers. First, I started playing on the street before appearing in some school competitions and fortunately for me, I have been able to achieve my lifelong ambition of playing at a professional level.
What was your personal target in terms of goals for Shooting Stars this season and can it still be achieved?
At the start of the season, I did set myself a personal target in terms of goals which I didn't declare publicly and now with seven matches to go, I can tell you that it is still achievable. This is because I know that with God all things are possible.
The NPFL has been hailed for its massive improvements this season. Do you agree and what other areas do you feel the LMC can still do more for the top flight league?
Without doubt, there have been a lot of improvements in our league this season and I will like to personal thank the League management Company under the leadership of Shehu Dikko for its efforts. Like most players will say, if there's one area everyone would like to see massive improvements, it is in the area of welfare of the players. If you compare our packages with those of other leagues around, you will see that we still have a long way to go.
Shootings Stars played out a goalless draw away to Lobi last weekend, how would you describe the game?
It was a good result for us considering that we had to play with ten men from the beginning of the second half. I will like to commend the effort of my teammates for that important point gained especially our defence which were much disciplined on the day we needed them most.
Can Shooting Stars still push for a continental ticket?
Yes, of course. If you look at the league table and point obtained by teams above us, it is clear that if we can still work hard, it is something we can achieve. However, it is not going to be easy considering all the other teams are also targeting those positions.
Your former club Kwara United is in the relegation zone, any feelings for them and what do you think is the problem considering they just won promotion to the top flight?
I strongly believe Kwara United will not go down because they are a good side. They have just been unlucky in some games but as the season draws to a close, they need to start amassing away points which would really help their cause and I'm sure they will get it.
Your stint with R. Union Saint-Gilloise in Belgium didn't go according to plan, what really happened?
A change of the coaching staff was what affected my stint with Gilloise. It wasn't long when I arrived that a new management was put in place, coming along with new ideas and philosophies on how the team should play. This really affected me but I thank God for everything that happened at RUSG because some hard lessons come as blessings for people.
What is the number one thing you'll like to see in Nigeria's domestic football?
The biggest thing I would like to see in our domestic football is for us to have teams travelling to away matches by flight. I think it's high time we started doing that considering all the issues associated with players travelling by road to match venues in Nigeria. We all saw what happened to Kano Pillars earlier in the season when they were attacked along Abuja-Lokoja road. Fatigue is another issue.
What is your impression of the present make up of the senior national team?
I believe Nigeria's Super Eagles are in good hands with Sunday Oliseh who I have always admired as a player and coach in charge of the team. He is just starting and needs time to actualize his vision but I believe our national team will get there.
How did it come about the nickname Olugoal?
My friends gave it to me after some exploits in front of goal and also because I have strong affection for former international Obafemi Martins who is popularly called 'Obagoal'.
What is your ultimate ambition as a footballer?
My Ultimate ambition is to get a good foreign club where I would excel. Also, I want to play for my country's national team, the Super Eagles.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201510050667.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Disu questions Martins omission
[/size]

Former Nigeria international Tajudeen Disu is perplexed by striker Obafemi Martins' continued absence from the Super Eagles squad despite his prolific form.
Martins, who plies his trade for the Seattle Sounders in the American Major League Soccer, has already helped himself to 14 goals in 18 games this season but, apparently still hasn't done enough to impress head coach Sunday Oliseh.
"Martins remains the highest scoring Nigerian player anywhere in the world but we have refused to invite him," Disu toldPunch. "I often wonder why he has not been invited.
"Some say the MLS is not as tough as the leagues in Europe, but we have players from Arabian leagues in the Eagles. Which league is tougher between the two? The MLS is no longer as it used to be, it is now very big and top players from Europe are moving there.
"At this stage, the coach should know who has the quality to play for the national team. Not every player is good enough for the national team. Oliseh should only invite the best players because he has just two friendlies to build his team," he concluded.
[/b]

www.football411.com/story/0,22162,14340_86029,00.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
.....Continue from the las t article
[b][size=14pt]
Super Eagles: Where's the next Joseph Yobo?
[/size]

Could Oboabona still be the natural heir to Yobo?
The malaise following his retirement shows no signs of letting up, worryingly enough.
The invitation of William Troost-Ekong, who joined Norwegian side Haugesund in the summer after getting relegated from the Eredivisie with FC Dordrecht, has essentially added another variable rather than a proper solution. He is not a better defender than a peak-Oboabona, and his pairing with Omeruo against Tanzania did little to inspire confidence.
He has admirably attempted to be the more assertive of the pair, but possesses neither the experience nor the finesse to truly lead the backline; both against Chad and in Dar Es Salaam, he headed a throw-in down into a dangerous position inside the Super Eagles’ penalty area. With Omeruo needing to have his hand held, it is no surprise the defence looked more secure in Tuesday’s friendly against Niger - albeit in a less competitive fixture – with Oboabona restored to the side.
This buttresses the fact that what the defence really needs is an in-form Oboabona. The former Sunshine Stars’ defender has the potential and ability to become the team’s defensive leader, but must find the consistency his predecessor had in spades.
Whether or not Omeruo himself offers enough to be undisputed first-choice is another matter entirely. What is clear is that the dearth of leadership at centre-back cannot be ignored. What is also clear is that we may have grossly underestimated the influence Yobo exerted—as the saying goes, you never know what you have till it’s gone.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4082/editorial/2015/10/05/15227832/super-eagles-wheres-the-next-joseph-yobo
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria International Friendlies Nigeria
EPL Award: Mahrez beats Victor Moses, Ighalo
[/size]

Leicester's Algeria international Riyad Mahrez
by Samm Audu
Algeria’s Riyad Mahrez of Leicester City has beaten West Ham’s Victor Moses, Watford’s Odion Ighalo and Stoke City’s Mame Biram Diouf to the September edition of English Premier League African Player of the Month.
In a release by the organisers and signed by the CEO ‘Tunde Adelakun, it was a really close call as Africans, for the second month running, showed "exemplary quality in the highly competitive English Premier League”.
Continuing, Adelakun said, “the quality was there in September, and anyone who says Africa does not contribute enough to the Premier League just needs to see the stats from August and September. It was great to see our stars’ names popping up in every angle”.
He also said that the turnout for votes was unprecedented, as people really got involved.
“What we stand for is celebrating our stars. There is too much negativity that gets highlighted out of Africa, so much so that there is the need to show the world that football contributes a lot of good to the world at large,” he said.
“And we are happy for the players who are doing the continent proud, and of the people - colleagues in the media, as well as voting public for getting involved so much that it makes us feel satisfied that we are doing a good thing with these awards.”
He used the opportunity to encourage the players to keep doing what they are doing, saying, “their efforts are being noted, and we believe that more and more accolades will come their way if they continue in this manner”.
Adelakun extolled the virtues of Africans in other leagues, as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Borussia Dortmund set a record in the Bundesliga, scoring in eight consecutive matches in Germany; as well as former Chelsea star Didier Drogba in the MLS in America, who, in his words, has “rolled back the years, making many a Chelsea fan wonder if their team would have been in 16th place in the Premier League if he had stayed at Stamford Bridge”.
Drogba has netted six goals in five appearances for Montreal Impact which he only joined recently, and has won the MLS Player of the Month for this feat.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/573836/EPL-Award-Mahrez-beats-Victor-Moses-Ighalo
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Dele Alli, the super talent lost by Nigeria
[/size]

Dele Alli - A huge talent Nigeria have lost to England
by Samm Audu
Nigeria will lose a box-to-box midfielder and a far bigger talent than Jordon Ibe of Liverpool when England cap Tottenham Hotspur ace Dele Alli this week in qualifiers for the 2016 Euros in France.
Many were disappointed when Ibe chose the Three Lions of England ahead of the Super Eagles, but the loss would be greater when Alli steps out for England this week because he is far a much bigger talent than the Liverpool winger.
Alli, whose father is Nigerian, has taken to the English Premier League from England’s third-tier league like duck to water and after 321 minutes of action in the EPL he is now knocking on the door of England as many had widely predicted.
He is a gifted player who has scored goals from midfield for MK Dons to win promotion to the English Championship, the country’s second-tier league.
He may be only 19, but his maturity and versatility have caught the eye as he could play as a holding midfielder, a playmaker, an attacking midfielder as well as on either side of the wings.
He plays a simple game even though he is very comfortable on the ball and mobile.
He is most certainly the missing piece in the midfield Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh is sweating to assemble after the laboured outings against Tanzania and Niger last month.
Last week, a top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) told AfricanFootball.com that they had reached out to Alli last year and he promised to take his chance with the Super Eagles this year, just as Shola Ameobi and Victor Moses had done even after they represented England at various age-group teams.
Little wonder therefore that England boss Roy Hodgson will gush about his latest call-up.
“We know enough about him. (Assistant manager) Ray Lewington had watched him 15 to 20 times and between us we have seen him play seven or eight times this season. We like what we see,” Hodgson said.
“I don’t know about his ancestry or his background but what I see is a very talented footballer who has the qualities I’m looking for.”
He added: “With the current situation in the Premier League where there aren’t that many English players playing every week, unfortunately I can’t turn the clock back to the 1960s, 70s, and 80s when you know for the centre-forward position there were 10 candidates. In the press there was an enormous debate about which of the 10 should the national team coach choose.”
Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino has praised Alli’s maturity both on and off the pitch.
“I'm very happy for Dele, it's important to look after him. We have a great relationship with [England manager] Roy Hodgson and his staff," he said after the player was called up by the Three Lions.
"We have to keep his feet on the ground but he's very mature on and off the pitch."
Former England international Danny Murphy predicted Alli will before long establish himself as an England international.
"With games against Lithuania and Estonia, it is a good chance to get someone like him in and just be around the place,” Murphy said.
“Even if he isn’t going to get any minutes, just to see what it is like to be on the big stage, be around the big players and just to get an experience because it is inevitable he will become a regular in a couple of years’ time.
“He is a superb athlete so physically he is capable.
“Obviously he has a lack of experience, but the way he has played in the last month for Tottenham has been nothing short of incredible.
“He has played with a confidence and a strut that you wouldn’t expect someone so young to play with and that says a lot about him.”
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/573475/Dele-Alli-the-super-talent-lost-by-Nigeria
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Friday Ekpo Hails NFF Over Congo, Cameroon Friendlies
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
Former Nigeria international, Friday Ekpo, has applauded the Nigeria Football Federation for giving the Super Eagles the opportunity to play Cameroon and Congo in the upcoming FIFA international week.
The Eagles will take on Congo on Thursday and will face Cameroon on Sunday in Belgium.
In a chat with comple tesportsnigeria.com, Ekpo stated that what should be focused upon should be how the team performed and not the outcome of the games.
"It is good quality friendly games and these are the type of games we should be playing anytime opportunities like this comes up and I will say kudos to the NFF," the former Super Eagles midfielder said.
"We should try to be playing the big nations, which we are doing now, in order to know how strong and weak we are, so that we can start to build our own team, so as not to be found wanting. So I am glad about it, it is a nice thing.
Whether we lose, win or draw, it doesn't matter, all we should focus on is areas to strengthen in our team."
The 1992 Cup of Nations bronze medalist however predicted tough encounters.
"Playing against the likes of Cameroon and DR Congo, as we all know, it is always a very tough. But like I said, we shouldn't focus on the result, we should focus on how our team played, what are their strengths and weaknesses.
"So for me, these are what we should be looking out for and I believe playing these countries will give us a true reflection about the team," Ekpo told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/friday-ekpo-hails-nff-over-congo-cameroon-friendlies/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:37am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Moses Unhappy To Miss Congo, Cameroon Friendlies
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
Victor Moses has expressed sadness that he will not be able to play against DR Congo and Cameroon in the team's upcoming international friendly games.
Moses, in a letter to the Nigeria Football Federation, through the Eagles administrator, Enebi Achor, said he was pulling out in a precautionary move against aggravating an existing injury.
The West Ham player however stressed that he will always give his best whenever he is invited to the Eagles.
"Unfortunately I'm not fully fit and so can't go with Nigeria this week but want to say I'm proud to be Nigerian and love my country," Moses tweeted on Monday.
"I will always give 100% whenever I play for my country and thanks for all your support."
The Eagles will take on DR Congo on Thursday before facing old foes Cameroon on Sunday.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/moses-unhappy-to-miss-congo-cameroon-friendlies/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:54am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Friday Ekpo Hails NFF Over Congo, Cameroon Friendlies
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
Former Nigeria international, Friday Ekpo, has applauded the Nigeria Football Federation for giving the Super Eagles the opportunity to play Cameroon and Congo in the upcoming FIFA international week.
The Eagles will take on Congo on Thursday and will face Cameroon on Sunday in Belgium.
In a chat with comple tesportsnigeria.com, Ekpo stated that what should be focused upon should be how the team performed and not the outcome of the games.
"It is good quality friendly games and these are the type of games we should be playing anytime opportunities like this comes up and I will say kudos to the NFF," the former Super Eagles midfielder said.
"We should try to be playing the big nations, which we are doing now, in order to know how strong and weak we are, so that we can start to build our own team, so as not to be found wanting. So I am glad about it, it is a nice thing.
Whether we lose, win or draw, it doesn't matter, all we should focus on is areas to strengthen in our team."
The 1992 Cup of Nations bronze medalist however predicted tough encounters.
"Playing against the likes of Cameroon and DR Congo, as we all know, it is always a very tough. But like I said, we shouldn't focus on the result, we should focus on how our team played, what are their strengths and weaknesses.
"So for me, these are what we should be looking out for and I believe playing these countries will give us a true reflection about the team," Ekpo told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/friday-ekpo-hails-nff-over-congo-cameroon-friendlies/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Musa, Emenike, Ikeme Join Eagles Camp In Belgium
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:
Ahmed Musa, Ogenyi Onazi and Emmanuel Emenike and several other players arrived in Belgium on Monday for the Super Eagles’ friendlies against Congo and Cameroun.
The additions bring the number of players at the team’s The Verviers Hotel, Verviers camp to 15.
The matches are billed for the stadia at Vise and Dendermonde respectively.
England-based duo Odion Ighalo and Mikel Obi were the earliest arrivals at the team’s camp and were joined by Elderson Echiejile and William Troost-Ekong before noon on Monday.
Also in camp are Slyvester Igboun, Carl Ikeme, Leon Balogun and Alex Iwobi.
Others include, Moses Simon, Rabiu Ibrahim and Obiora Nwankwo.
Still being expected as at the time of filing this report are Vincent Enyeama, Shehu Abdulahi and Godfrey Oboabona, who is doubtful as a result of visa issues.
Comple tesportsnigeria.com reports that the home-based players are officials are likely to travel on Tuesday after visa hitches delayed their trip earlier scheduled for Sunday.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/musa-emenike-ikeme-join-eagles-camp-in-belgium/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
17 Players In Home Eagles Camp For CHAN Qualifier
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:
The home-based Super Eagles camp for the African Nations Championship (CHAN) opened in Port Harcourt on Monday, ahead of the first leg clash against the Etalons of Burkina Faso at the Adokiye Amesieamaka Stadium on October 18.
Assistant coach, Salisu Yusuf, will take charge of training in the absence of Sunday Oliseh who is in Belgium with the main Eagles for this week’s international friendlies against Congo and Cameroun.
Comple tesportsnigeria.com can report that as at 10:50pm Monday night, 17 players were at the Presidential Hotel in Port Harcourt, with other players expected in on Tuesday.
Confirmed players in camp are: Tunde Adeniji (Sunshine Stars), Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars), Stephen Eze (Sunshine Stars), Abdulrazaq Abdul (Enyimba FC), Idris Aloma (Enyimba FC), Solomon Kwambe (Warri Wolves), Ezekiel Bassey (Enyimba FC),Kalu Orji (Enugu Rangers),Osas Okoro (Enugu Rangers),Jamiu Alimi (Shooting Stars), Gbolahan Salami, David Obiazor, Samson Gbadebo, Bright Onyedikachi and Godwin Obaji.
Usman Mohammed and Ifeanyi Matthew were still being expected on Monday night.
The return leg fixture comes up in Ouagadougou on October 25.
Meanwhile all six home-based players who were picked for the two friendlies in Belgium with the mainstream squad, against Congo DR and Cameroon, on October 8 and 11 respectively, will join the 19 players on their return to the country on October 12.
These are goalkeepers Femi Thomas (Enyimba FC) and Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Sunshine Stars), defenders Chima Akas (Sharks FC) and Austin Oboroakpo (Abia Warriors), midfielder Paul Onobi (Sunshine Stars) and forward Prince Aggrey (Sunshine Stars).
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/12-players-in-home-eagles-camp-for-chan-qualifier/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Belgium Denies Home Eagles Visas Again For Congo, Cameroon Friendlies
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/cameroon-congo-friendlies-belgian-embassy-delays-home-based-eagles-visas/[/img]
By Adeboye Amosu:
The six home-based Super Eagles players and their officials failed to travel to Belgium on Monday as planned as they are yet to receive entry visas into the European country, comple tesportsnigeria.com can report.
The players and their players were originally scheduled to leave Nigeria on Sunday to join their foreign-based counterparts in camp in preparation for the friendly games against DR Congo and Cameroon.
But they failed to secure visas to Belgium on Friday and were also not successful on Monday.
One of the players who pleaded anonymity informed comple tesportsnigeria.com that that they were still in Nigeria as at 21.30am Tuesday morning, but are still hopeful the issue will be sorted out so that they can travel later on Tuesday.
“We are yet to get our visas,” he divulged to comple tesportsnigeria.com.
“We are hoping things will be sorted so that we can travel on Tuesday.”
The Super Eagles will take on Congo Democratic Republic on Thursday in Vise, Liege, before facing perenial rivals Cameroon on Sunday in Dendermonde.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/belgium-denies-home-eagles-visas-again-for-congo-cameroon-friendlies/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles Begin Training For Congo, Cameroon Friendlies
[/size]

The Super Eagles on Monday evening commenced training for the two international friendlies in Belgium, with 15 players at the R. Battice FC training ground.
Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi led goalkeeper Carl Ikeme, defenders Elderson Echiejile, Efe Ambrose, William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun, midfielders Sylvester Igbonu, Rabiu Ibrahim, Ogenyi Onazi and Obiora Nwankwo and forwards Odion Ighalo, Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Emmanuel Emenike and Alex Iwobi at training on Monday evening.
The Nigeria Football Federation official website reported that the team will train twice on Tuesday (10am and 4pm) at the same venue.
The team are still hopeful that the six home-based professionals yet to be issued visas in Abuja will depart Tuesday night.
The players are goalkeepers Femi Thomas and Ikechukwu Ezenwa, defender Chima Akas and Austin Oboroakpo, midfielder Paul Onobi and forward Prince Aggrey.
The Super Eagles take on the Leopards of Democratic Republic of Congo in Vise, Liege on Thursday before playing the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in Dendermonde on Sunday.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/eagles-begin-training-for-congo-cameroon-friendlies/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Dele Alli - Will History Repeat Itself?
[/size]
[img]http://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00038936.html[/img]
Super Eagles.
opinion
By Mansur Abubakar
It is no longer news that Super Eagles hopeful and Tottenham Hotspur forward Dele Alli has opted to represent the English three lions instead of Nigeria's Eagles and has already been called up for England's next game against Estonia in a EURO 2016 qualifying fixture.
For students of the game, this surely brings back memories of the John Fashanu situation of the late eighties and more recently that of Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor who also took the same path.
In both cases, the aforementioned players chose England over Nigeria and came to regret their decisions, Fashanu has on several occasions admitted to this while Agbonlahor's frustrations has also been well documented.
The former Wimbledon player only got two appearances under late Bryan Robson and was never called upon again while his Aston Villa counterpart was only able to amass three caps.
Many are predicting that Alli who started his Spurs career in an amazing fashion (scoring a vital goal against Leicester City and providing assist against Crystal Palace) could find himself in the same situation as Fashanu and Agbonlahor.
Over the years, the three lions have been in dire need of heroes on the pitch given their dismal performances in tournaments which meant their managers run helter-skelter for new talents whenever they sniff something special as in the case of Alli.
In essence what this translates to is that there are countless players who have only been able to earn a cap or two for England in their entire professional playing career. A player (especially non-Caucasians) is only given 45 or 90 minutes to prove himself and then after never gets another call up again.
Leaving such a player with a massive burden of what should have been assuming he took a different decision.
Fashanu had earlier said he will attempt to persuade Alli to boycott England at full international level and feature for Nigeria considering his bitter experience with the side.
By then highly-rated teenager had played a pivotal role in MK Dons' bid to return to the Championship and had signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with Tottenham Hotspur on winter transfer deadline day but was immediately loaned back to the League One side for the rest of the season.
"I sincerely believe in years to come he will be a top prospect and Nigeria, from what I will tell him, will be his best bet at being a global international star," Fashanu who ended up with only two caps, told ITV in an interview.
The problem is these players get lost in the moment and not thinking about their international futures on the long run, the English fans and media who play an immensely vital role in team selection are never patient and it takes only takes few minutes before they form an opinion about your game and it will stick with you for the rest of your career.
There have been various factors that have proved influential in ensuring that some of these players spread across the Nigerian diaspora return to play for the Eagles.
A key reason, perhaps, is the decision made by Victor Moses to choose Nigeria over England. Moses, starring in the Premier League, receiving interest from major clubs, having worked his way up through the England youth set-up to become an U21 international, was exactly the kind of player that many African players are losing to European nations.
He could have been an archetypal 'lost' son of the continent.
The forward, however, opted to represent the Nigeria, and only months after making his debut, became the darling of the nation as Nigeria won the 2013 Cup of Nations.
While the road has been long and winding for Moses, he has gone on to represent Chelsea, to win the Europa League and to demonstrate that he can influence high-profile matches in the Premier League-the latest example being West Ham United's 2-1 away triumph over Manchester City.
Moses has become something of a beacon for U21 players across Europe who may now be considering-more so than they might have done five years ago representing their lands of birth/origin overseas.
I wonder what influence Moses's switch had on someone like William Troost-Ekong, who would subsequently opt for a future with Nigeria rather than with the Netherlands, for whom he competed at U19 and U20 level.
Alex Iwobi looks set to be the next player to follow in the West Ham striker's footsteps, everyone silently hoped Alli would see the light and follow Moses' example but now that he has committed to England, all that can be done is to wish the best in his career while Nigeria make do with those on its books.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201510052148.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Customs Impound NFF's Consignment
[/size]
By Jude Opara
Abuja — The inability of the Nigeria Football Federation to clear a consignment of kits from its sponsor Nike at the Apapa port, Lagos has resulted in acute shortage of kits for the various national teams, a Sports Vanguard investigation has revealed.
For instance, the national U-17 football team, The Golden Eaglets, presently in Argentina camping ahead of the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile have made a passionate appeal to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to provide them with more kits.
The team who are the defending champions of the trophy they won 2 years ago in United Arab Emirates are hard hit with acute shortage of kits and they have asked for kits before the commencement of the tournament that is to take place from October 17-November 8 in Chile.
Our investigations further revealed that the shortage of kits was due to the long period it took NFF to engage another kit sponsors, following the withdrawal of Adidas after the 2014 World Cup.
The team which arrived in Argentina camp last Friday was said to have left Nigeria without adequate Nike kits for players and officials.
It was further learnt that the failure of the NFF and the Customs to agree on what is to be paid as import duty for the consignment is responsible for the seizure of the kits.
There are fears that the acute shortfall of kits supply could likely hamper the team in its quest to defend the FIFA U-17 World Cup it won in the United Arab Emirates, two years ago.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201510060240.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Chikatara replaces Obaje in Chan squad
By: Sammy Wejinya
[/size]

Chisom Chikatara
Abia Warriors striker Chisom Chikatara has been called up as replacement for Wikki Tourists forward Godwin Obaje ahead of Nigeria’s 2016 Africa Nations Championship (Chan) qualifier against Burkina Faso in Port Harcourt.
Obaje has gone for trials with an unnamed club in the Middle East and Chikatara was promptly called up as replacement for the Wikki Tourists striker.
Chikatara has been in stunning form in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) and did not hurt his chances of a call-up when he scored a hat-trick for Abia Warriors against Enugu Rangers in a match day 32 NPFL clash in Umuahia on Saturday.
The attacker, who has already netted 13 times in the league, has since arrived in Port Harcourt where he has joined the rest of the squad.
Chikatara is one of six strikers called up for the game against Burkina Faso.
The others are Ezekiel Bassey (Enyimba), Gbolahan Salami (Warri Wolves), Tunde Adeniji (Sunshine Stars), Bright Onyedikachi (FC Ifeanyiubah) and Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars).
[/b]

ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/151006/Chikatara_replaces_Obaje_in_Chan_squad
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria International Friendlies Nigeria
Eagles defender Oboabona battles visa problem
[/size]

Oboabona
Defender Godfrey Oboabona is grappling with visa issues in Turkey ahead of Super Eagles friendlies against DR Congo and Cameroon in Belgium as his international passport is yet to be released by the Belgian Embassy in that country.
Also, Super Eagles’ officials on ground may need to secure the services of a temporary physiotherapist for massage and medical matters if by Tuesday, the team’s medical crew (part of the delegation that is held up in Abuja) is not issued visas to join the group in Belgium.
Six home-based professionals are in the delegation yet to be issued visas in Abuja.
They are goalkeepers Femi Thomas and Ikechukwu Ezenwa, defender Chima Akas and Austin Oboroakpo, midfielder Paul Onobi and forward Prince Aggrey.
The Super Eagles take on the Leopards of Democratic Republic of Congo in Vise, Liege, on Thursday, before playing the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in Dendermonde on Sunday.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/573962/Eagles-defender-Oboabona-battles-visa-problem
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Enyeama, Oboabona, Shehu Yet To Report At Camp
By Biyi Akangbe
[/size]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-IYvg75eM-Tk/UDe_bjaPgNI/AAAAAAAACw4/Dr2z2K4Ad4c/s1600/super_eagles_in_training_149t.jpg[/img]
Lille goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, União da Madeira’s Abdullahi Shehu and Rizespor stopper Godfrey Oboabona were the only players being expected to hit the Super Eagles camp in Belgium as at 1730 hours Nigerian time on Monday, bearing in mind that Victor Moses has withdrawn from the squad.
This past week, Nigeria skipper Enyeama was permitted by his French club to travel to his homeland to bury his late mother but the Nigeria Federation are keeping their lips sealed on whether he has been excused from the two games.
On the other hand, ex Sunshine Stars captain Godfrey Oboabona is still in Turkey as the Belgian embassy has not released his international passport three days before the Super Eagles first game against Democratic Republic of Congo.
15 players, including Academica midfielder Obiora Nwankwo who arrived camp last, trained at the R. Battice FC training ground on Monday evening.
The team will have two training sessions on Tuesday, at 10 am and 2 pm, at the same venue.
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/enyeama-oboabona-shehu-yet-to-report-at.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria National Teams Schedule For October
By Biyi Akangbe
[/size]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-oNj68RJ_HyU/VCRKFM5MtJI/AAAAAAAAGeM/2AOQmkEY6UM/s1600/Football-is-made-in-Nigeria.jpg[/img]
October, the Month of Nigeria's Independence will be an eventful one with regards to Football. Here is Nigeria's Football schedule for the Month of October.
FriendliesThe Super Eagles of Nigeria will be playing two friendly games in the month of October. Congo in Belgium, Brussels on Thursday, 8 and Cameroon three days later on Sunday, October 11.
CHAN QualifierThe final CHAN qualifier was scheduled for October 18 in Port Harcourt with the second leg in Ouagadougou a week later. However, the current security situation in Burkina Faso caused by the coup has now forced CAF to postpone the fixture until further notice.
FIFA U-17 World Cup ChileThe 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup hosted by Chile will kick-off on October 17. Team Nigeria who was drawn in Group A and is up against the host Chile, Croatia and USA. A difficult group it is. The competition is to end on 8th of November, hopefully the Golden Eagles will still be in he competition by then.
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/nigeria-national-teams-schedule-for.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Official: Alex Iwobi signs long-term Arsenal deal
[/size]

The forward has committed his future to the club, owing to the prospect of breaking into Arsene Wenger's first teamArsenal have confirmed that forward Alex Iwobi has signed a new long-term contract with the club.
The 19-year-old, a graduate of the Arsenal Academy is a spine of the Gunners’ U21 team where he got nine goals in nine matches last season and this term boasts of two goals from five appearances.
He got his first senior goal for the senior side against Lyon in the Emirates Cup after impressing during the team’s tour to Singapore.
“Iwobi has signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal,” read a statement on the club’s website.
“Everyone at Arsenal would like to congratulate Alex on his new contract and we look forward to his continued progression in the season ahead.”
The forward would be hoping to make his international debut when Nigeria face DR Congo at the Stade de la Cite de l'Oie on Thursday.
The 19-year-old, a graduate of the Arsenal Academy is a spine of the Gunners’ U21 team where he got nine goals in nine matches last season and this term boasts of two goals from five appearances.
He got his first senior goal for the senior side against Lyon in the Emirates Cup after impressing during the team’s tour to Singapore.
“Iwobi has signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal,” read a statement on the club’s website.
“Everyone at Arsenal would like to congratulate Alex on his new contract and we look forward to his continued progression in the season ahead.”
The forward would be hoping to make his international debut when Nigeria face DR Congo at the Stade de la Cite de l'Oie on Thursday.
Happy To Announce That I Have Signed A New Contract With @Arsenal pic.twitter.com/o0pIgzlnAW— Alexander Iwobi (@alexiwobi)
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2015/10/06/16071502/official-alex-iwobi-signs-long-term-arsenal-deal

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (161) (Reply)

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.