Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? (1703 Views)

8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 3:18pm On May 15, 2015
Seen quite a number of Beetle restorations of recent here on NL cheesy and also noted some of us were looking for a Beetle to restore. This one looks far gone down the road lipsrsealed, but I still decided to share here just in case someone fancies it...
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 3:20pm On May 15, 2015
Pics loading...
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by loomer: 3:21pm On May 15, 2015
Still loading?
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 3:22pm On May 15, 2015
Side view...

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 3:24pm On May 15, 2015
Rear view...

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 3:26pm On May 15, 2015
Piyke:
Rear view...

Unfortunately, I didn't try to open the engine bay. Python fit dey dia grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:26pm On May 15, 2015
Pike you wicked o! grin
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 3:29pm On May 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Pike you wicked o! grin

Wait until I post the interior pics grin, you must be boxed up to undertake this cheesy
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 3:34pm On May 15, 2015
Front view...

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 3:47pm On May 15, 2015
The interior...quite gutted.

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by eminikansoso(m): 4:08pm On May 15, 2015
I HOPE IT IS V8 ENGINE
CHILLING AC grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Denn(m): 4:35pm On May 15, 2015
Hnmmm...*sipping vitalo choco drink and watching tales by moonlight*

Why is this 'Dr Pepper' not cold?

1 Like

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by DGD1(m): 5:54pm On May 15, 2015
diz one na resurrection not restoration

5 Likes

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2015
DGD1:
diz one na resurrection not restoration

Word! cheesy

You might be shocked engine is still prestine! There was no thermostat for tonychristopher to remove grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by kablooee: 6:05pm On May 15, 2015
Only siena can undertake this kind of restoration grin
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 15, 2015
The rear view can cause the death of a new born baby. Looks like a masquerade mask from Oshogbo.

1 Like

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 7:37pm On May 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Word! cheesy

You might be shocked engine is still prestine! There was no thermostat for tonychristopher to remove grin

I'm really considering a revisit, to attempt getting a shot of the engine bay. Hope I won't have an animal jumping at me Just hope it's not locked undecided

1 Like

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by DGD1(m): 9:06pm On May 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Word! cheesy

lolz, DAT guy matter no b 4 here

2 Likes

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by samir101ng(m): 9:08pm On May 15, 2015
Piyke:

I'm really considering a revisit, to attempt getting a shot of the engine bay. Hope I won't have an animal jumping at me Just hope it's not locked undecided

Don't even bother. tonychristopher has tropicalised that car finish. And the award for the Honorary Grand Master Of The Order Of The Kazeems goes to tonychristopher. Lol grin

I can see why some James Bond villains want to wipe out the earth and refresh the gene pool.

1 Like

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Nobody: 8:26am On May 16, 2015
Una wickedt o! Lwkm grin
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Readonee35L(m): 11:15am On May 16, 2015
Piyke:

There lots of sound beetles out there ,with cheap price... you cn gt.. this one is condemed
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Lexusgs430: 9:02pm On May 16, 2015
Piyke:

We are still waiting for engine pictures. Abi black mamba don capture you?
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Chibzee2: 11:49pm On May 16, 2015
Ghan Ghan Ghan!...... ezigbote resurrection.
Its all about the drive man....., have you got that inner drive to get it done, if yes, then its very possible to make that bug bang, but if no , then you fit start but might give up along the road or end up with something okay.
waiting for the engine pics though.
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by samyan12: 1:14pm On May 17, 2015
Pimped beetle I saw a few days ago

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 7:28pm On May 17, 2015
Lexusgs430:

We are still waiting for engine pictures. Abi black mamba don capture you?

Chibzee2:
Ghan Ghan Ghan!...... ezigbote resurrection.
Its all about the drive man....., have you got that inner drive to get it done, if yes, then its very possible to make that bug bang, but if no , then you fit start but might give up along the road or end up with something okay.
waiting for the engine pics though.

Pics still coming, haven't gone that way yet but hope to do so tomorrow.
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by billy187(m): 11:47am On May 18, 2015
samyan12:
Pimped beetle I saw a few days ago
A Baja modified Bug! Don't dare offroad race your Highlander with this beast grin
Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by xerotop(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2015
Piyke:
Side view...

2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

2 Likes

Re: Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration? by Piyke: 9:24pm On May 19, 2015
Engine pics at last. No animals were encountered but 'fear no gree me remove the cement bags to the right of the engine'

(1) (Reply)

Leaking Radiator / HELP: Please Suggest A Relatively New Car Model That Is Not Front Wheel Driven / Suggest Very Good Car Air Freshner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.