Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal (7463 Views)

Female Needed in Urgent Vacancy 4 self-employment role in sales outlet / How Do One State Self Employment Or An Unregistered Company On Cv. / Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by waywardpikin: 6:52am On May 17, 2015
Gotta book this space. Make I dey learn small small

EDITED: Chai na second page I con end up. Izzay pity! angry
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by anonimi: 7:17am On May 17, 2015
waywardpikin:
Gotta book this space. Make I dey learn small small

EDITED: Chai na second page I con end up. Izzay pity! angry

If you are still concerned about landing on second page of a thread on NL, then it is doubtful you learnt anything from this thread talk less of putting any of the ideas to use embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by codedruns: 7:21am On May 17, 2015
It is the realest and bestest deal!

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 7:33am On May 17, 2015
misreal:
please I am an undergraduate that thinks business.how do I register my business name.
Google "CAC" bro.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 7:38am On May 17, 2015
deltateam:

Any graduate that tells you he isn't into any business because of capital probably has ego issues or lacks foresight. How do I mean? Okay read on.

Truth is not every graduate has someone to offer them financial assistance yet if you tell yourself the truth there are businesses you can start with #1000 or less. Pure water, gala etc Name them. You can raise enough capital with this and diversify into another business.

In a place like Lagos or any location like stadium, convention arenas, rallys, market etc where crowd is gathered can form your location.
A bag of pure water is #60 distribution price. Selling at #10×20 sachets nets you #200 . #200-#60=#140. Selling 10 bags in a day is #1400
#1400×20 days = #28000 gross profit.
Assuming your expenses are #200 per day× 20 days= #4000 in a month

Final net profit = #24,000

With time you can add gala to your purewater.Did I mention the water must be chilled cold and you should leave house at 6:00am to return by 6:00 pm. Ensure you are armed with enough money for change and expend it with wisdom.What I gave is just an estimate. Its very possible to sell even 20 bags of pure water in a day as long as its cold and your location is crowded with people. In that case #48000 or more is yours per month. Do this within a year and omo you can start another business and become the next Dangote.

Now it's on record some graduates are being paid #10000 or less as monthly salary.Compare it with my analysis and that of op and tell me why this topic hasn't made front page yet.
You're right to a point but bro, business is not mathematics where u can just add up profit and loss. There will be challenges and setbacks. You should know that.

3 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 7:41am On May 17, 2015
anonimi:
Lalasticlala, Ishilove & Seun FYI too.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by anonimi: 7:49am On May 17, 2015
Bolade005:

You're right to a point but bro, business is not mathematics where u can just add up profit and loss. There will be challenges and setbacks. You should know that.

Yes there will certainly be challenges and setbacks but one can, with a lot of DISCIPLINE and forebearance, always turn any obstacle to a stepping stone of opportunity.

The main challenge most of us face is the temptation to start spending our profit [and even small capital] instead of contiuously ploughing back at the initial stage till we get gradually comfortable.

Resisting that temptation, in the form of social pressure, is the greatest challenge!
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 7:59am On May 17, 2015
anonimi:

Yes there will certainly be challenges and setbacks but one can, with a lot of DISCIPLINE and forebearance, always turn any obstacle to a stepping stone of opportunity.

The main challenge most of us face is the temptation to start spending our profit [and even small capital] instead of contiuously ploughing back at the initial stage till we get gradually comfortable.

Resisting that temptation, in the form of social pressure, is the greatest challenge!
I opened a thread to educate people but it turned out I'm the one getting educated by intelligent people.

A young businessman has to disciplined in the beginning, he has to be frugal and not just spend money as it flows in. I read a quote somewhere that "Anybody that cannot save, such a person is not ready for greatness".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by anonimi: 8:02am On May 17, 2015
Bolade005:

I opened a thread to educate people but it turned out I'm the one getting educated by intelligent people.

A young businessman has to disciplined in the beginning, he has to be frugal and not just spend money as it flows in. I read a quote somewhere that "Anybody that cannot save, such a person is not ready for greatness".

Bro we are all getting educated via this your inspirational thread. Is it not said that-

- Iron sharpens iron.

Thanks, bro.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Nobody: 8:40am On May 17, 2015
I have learnt one or two things from the posts from and exchange between bolade005 and anonimi

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 8:42am On May 17, 2015
Bolade005:

Well I did mention those challenges and even offered solutions. If anyone start looking at challenges then nah to grow gray hair remain.

If not that you have something already I would have told you to put to test my analysis.

The only challenge I see is in not starting or even making attempt. #200 is less than beer money, recharge card money or even monthly data subscription Money not to talk of betting money yet these youths don't have anything doing.

Just carry a bag of cold pure water to the busiest market in your town and see if selling 10 bags between 6:00am to 6:00pm is not more than achievable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Nobody: 8:57am On May 17, 2015
Bolade005...please send your contact to my email address...mtygodwin@yahoo.com....I need your assistance about something
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 8:57am On May 17, 2015
Another thing is that sales increases more towards afternoon. Nobody who is being beaten by that hot Nigerian sun that often leaves one dazed can resist the urge to grab a cold sachet.I have witnessed where someone sold a bag within 20 minutes. The demand was too much.

You need to advertise your product as you move about because a closed mouth is a closed destiny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by dont8(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2015
Nice one OP, this is a break from the norm and source of inspiration to youths that are at cross road on what to do with their lives.

But just like Omotola admonished; silly youths should stop trekking their destiny away (no pun intended) and trek to make money via self employ-ability.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Rooneyboy(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2015
Very inspiring thread .
# front page material .

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Rooneyboy(m): 10:46am On May 17, 2015
anonimi:

U are soo right bro , one of the easiest ways to deal with this problem is to do away with irrelevant friends (drunks) and women.

These two things are big time setbacks.

# I'm a living proof

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 11:41am On May 17, 2015
Rooneyboy:

U are soo right bro , one of the easiest ways to deal with this problem is to do away with irrelevant friends (drunks) and women.

These two things are big time setbacks.

# I'm a living proof

Glad you said women not woman because behind every successful man is a woman. Find the right type that believes in you and your dreams and see profits rise.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 11:45am On May 17, 2015
anonimi:

Bro we are all getting educated via this your inspirational thread. Is it not said that-

- Iron sharpens iron.

Thanks, bro.
smiley

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 11:50am On May 17, 2015
omoteamac:
Bolade005...please send your contact to my email address...mtygodwin@yahoo.com....I need your assistance about something
I would do that.
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 17, 2015
Bolade005:

I would do that.
ok thanks
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by LaurelP(m): 1:10pm On May 17, 2015
@deltateam are you into the purewater business you're advocating? Pls how did u start and wat were the challenges you faced? Pls share
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by anonimi: 1:15pm On May 17, 2015
LaurelP:
@deltateam are you into the purewater business you're advocating? Pls how did u start and wat were the challenges you faced? Pls share

What is there to share beyond what he wrote already?

If there are SPECIFIC aspects you do not understand, point them out so he/someone else can clarify!

Simple!!!
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by LaurelP(m): 1:27pm On May 17, 2015
anonimi:

What is there to share beyond what he wrote already?

If there are SPECIFIC aspects you do not understand, point them out so he/someone else can clarify!

Simple!!!

Oga if you're into the business tell us how u started and the challenges you encountered.

If you're not, allow the person to whom the question was directed to tackle it. Or are you deltateam?
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 1:38pm On May 17, 2015
LaurelP:

Oga if you're into the business tell us how u started and the challenges you encountered.

If you're not, allow the person to whom the question was directed to tackle it. Or are you deltateam?
Bro, pure water business is a relatively easy business to delve into and the capital needed to start is also on the small side. All you need do is to find a pure water factory and then find market for the product. Locate people who sell it and supply them.

Pure water business is easy. I'm not into it but I know someone who is into it. I'm adding bottled water to my business soon.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by LaurelP(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2015
Bolade005:

Bro, pure water business is a relatively easy business to delve into and the capital needed to start is also on the small side. All you need do is to find a pure water factory and then find market for the product. Locate people who sell it and supply them.

Pure water business is easy. I'm not into it but I know someone who is into it. I'm adding bottled water to my business soon.

Thanks bro.
Location matters a lot I know.
So what location is your friend using?
And is he using coolers or freezer to chill the water?
Pls don't mind my inquisitiveness
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 1:48pm On May 17, 2015
I really want people to come in and share business ideas. Some people can raise capital but they need someone to bring up an idea and it won't be a bad thing to help such people. The purpose of this thread is to encourage people to engage in something productive. It's also not a bad idea to learn a craft while waiting for that dream job.

Let's help one another. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 1:53pm On May 17, 2015
LaurelP:

Thanks bro.
Location matters a lot I know.
So what location is your friend using?
And is he using coolers or freezer to chill the water?
Pls don't mind my inquisitiveness
Nah, Pls feel free to ask questions.

I don't know your location but I believe water is an essential commodity everywhere irrespective of location. All this friend does is to find people who sell satchets or bags and supply them. He doesn't store them somewhere, once he receives order, he finds a taxi to help him transport from the factory directly to these people. He sells bags not satchets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 2:33pm On May 17, 2015
Bolade005:

Locate people who sell it and supply them? Oga o. When they can easily get them from the pure water companies themselves who supply with vans.

Am talking about supplying to consumers direct not supplying to someone that supplies to consumers and waiting until they request another supply. Its different from your beer business.

2 ways to go about it are ;

1. Buy from those companies usually when you see them with their vans collect their numbers.Call them when its needed and buy then put in freezer. Finally hawk it around, usually in the market not residential areas where people have refrigerators.

2. Buy from those who buy from those that supply in vans.Option 2 is usually the best where your house is far from market and you don't have constant power supply.Usually price may be a bit higher like #100 but then you are assured of it's coldness and the fact they are usually near to market. You buy, sell, buy, sell off and continues...

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 2:37pm On May 17, 2015
deltateam:

Locate people who sell it and supply them? Oga o. When they can easily get them from the pure water companies themselves who supply with vans.

Am talking about supplying to consumers direct not supplying to someone that supplies to consumers and waiting until they request another supply. Its different from your beer business.

2 ways to go about it are ;

1. Buy from those companies usually when you see them with their vans collect their numbers.Call them when its needed and buy then put in freezer. Finally hawk it around, usually in the market not residential areas where people have refrigerators.

2. Buy from those who buy from those that supply in vans.Option 2 is usually the best where your house is far from market and you don't have constant power supply.Usually price may be a bit higher like #100 but then you are assured of it's coldness and the fact they are usually near to market. You buy, sell, buy, sell off and continues...
Not everybody have the time to go to factory. Some appreciate it when u can do that and just deliver it to them.

It's all good any which way.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 2:49pm On May 17, 2015
Bolade005:

Not everybody have the time to go to factory. Some appreciate it when u can do that and just deliver it to them.

It's all good any which way.

I don't know your location but in my place every pure water factory have vans and they move about supplying to whoever wants to buy in bags. Nobody has to go to any factory, the factory comes to you by transport.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 2:53pm On May 17, 2015
deltateam:

I don't know your location but in my place every pure water factory have vans and they move about supplying to whoever wants to buy in bags. Nobody has to go to any factory, the factory comes to you by transport.
All right, Sir. My question is, how many graduate out there do you think would wanna hawk pure water even if the profit margin in a month is 100k?. Let's be real.

How I explained it earlier is how a friend goes about it and he's doing good so it's not like I'm rejecting your own method, Sir.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 3:31pm On May 17, 2015
As a graduate selling purewater will not take away my certificate or anything. What is important is knowing where one is coming from and where one is going to. People work from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm morning and sometimes night shift 7:00pm to 7:00am and earn less than #10000. These are graduates o. In life its either you settle for something or fall for anything.

Some of these big names we hear of started from humble beginning. TB Joshua once was doing menial jobs, Jonathan was once without shoes.Today we hear their names.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Best Places To Work In Nigeria 2015 / Call Centre Agents Needed! / Ibadan Electricity Company (IBEDC) Plc Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.