Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

How To Create Wap Sites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create Wap Sites (1811 Views)

A Thread For Teenage Wap/webmasters/bloggers / To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? / Get A Wap Site Like Sharemobile/waptrick For N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create Wap Sites by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 10, 2009
We are now going to do a small workshop on how to create wap sites. Visit www.winwap.com to download a wap browser emulator.

Course materials can be found on: http://www.w3schools.com/wap/default.asp

An example is my site: wap.mwebng.net (a very light version) which you can browse with your mobile phone.
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by kehers(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2009
For a little bit of advanced mobile site design here is a tutorial link: http://www.developershome.com/wap/xhtmlmp/
It features designing with a lighter form of xhtml other than wml. Some of the main advantages of this over wml is dat it is accessble on web browsers and allows for better design capabilities. e.g use of CSS, more content etc
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by yawatide(f): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2009
Yep, with web standards in the back of your head as you code and come up with a solid site architecture, you don't technically need to use wml. Code with web standards in mind and it is a 99% certainty that your sites will show up consistently across a myriad of devices. I speak from experience cool
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 13, 2009
Sure, your can use wap 2.0 which seun is using for nairalist mobile - but think of some pangolo phones that can only browse wml sites? What will happen to them - but i agree, most new phones are now wap 2.0 compliant.

And google have this service for converting your site to wap 2.0 - i cant remember the link to that service now

Which will now lead me to ask that - what is the proportion of phones now using that wap 2.0 standard?

And by the way, i happen to know the web standards and code by them - but when i design for desktop, i make use of desktop technologies such as ajax, and when i code for wap 2.0 - i strictly use xhtml and css
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by yawatide(f): 3:34am On Feb 13, 2009
dhtml,

So they are no longer called "pew" water phones? tongue
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 13, 2009
They are actually called pa-la-sa phones (formerly pure water) these days - i just prefer to call them pangolo - at least you get the message.
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2009
2 bad i cant test this, my phone is a new one with palasa features.

some even call it gbogbo ero, cos every household has a copy
it's nokia something something (dem no write am 4 d bodi) grin
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2009
Err, since i am very careless with phones, i have stopped buying expensive phones. I dont even know the name of the nokia i use. I only know it is also called torch light (because that is the only distinctive feature) and yes it has an FM radio and is coloured screen. but it cannot even browse even wap 0.0 sef.
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 19, 2009
lol, that is "gbogbo ero". with 3 primitive games, soduko, bounce and soccer league

my own games are still virgins, too busy to play it, even lazy to compose simple sms
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 20, 2009
Yeah, you got it right. But i do play the soccer league on it - it is a very big contrast to PES 9.0 or Fifa '09 for that matter.
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by NothingMeg: 11:58am On Feb 20, 2009
Please i need a step by step procedure for a novist on wap site creation
Re: How To Create Wap Sites by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2009
I suspect i have already given a very good introduction at the begining. Get the winwap emulator, and go to w3schools, links given in my first post.

(1) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Google Adense Earners / Where Can I Learn Graphics Design And Animation? / Optimize Your Website For Mobile Platform (SEO For Mobile Technique)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.