Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:13 AM

How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin (23611 Views)

In The Face Of Recession, Lets Remember "Our Oga At The Top" - Video / Battle Field Photos Of Nigerian Army CT COIN Operations In The North / Do You Still Remember This Wonderful Woman? Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2015
i cant forget spending these Nigerian currency

especially the 50kobo

that's usually the break money

how many of you spend this sweet coin money

CC: lalasticlala

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by GboyegaD(m): 9:51pm On May 15, 2015
I love the 1kobo, 5kobo, and 10kobo pre 1991 more.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by cleatoris: 9:56pm On May 15, 2015
Inflation rendered them worthless. How sad!

But still can't imagine having to burden my pocket with some coins added to my phones.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2015
GboyegaD:

cant forget the day i took 2naira to school

like say d money no want finish

i con dey form big boy

15 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by bossOD: 9:57pm On May 15, 2015
chio ice cream n chewing gum
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 9:59pm On May 15, 2015
cleatoris:
Inflation rendered them worthless. How sad!

But still can't imagine having to burden my pocket with some coins added to my phones.

grin grin grin grin grin

we for no dey fit enter banks oo

especially banks like first bank

maybe we will have to ensure our belt is well tight if not the shokoto go just dey fall

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by GboyegaD(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2015
jamex93:

cant forget the day i took 2naira to school

like say d money no want finish

i con dey form big boy

Your own better. The day I steal N5 wey I wan go buy food of N1.50k and the woman ask me who give me money to buy such and say she go follow me go house. I stylishly escape and for many months I avoid the close like plague.

18 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Kingpinukecy(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2015
chaiiiiiiiii my nairalanders,i really flex dis kobo's and 1naira.hw many of u rememba dos day will go 2sch it jux 1naira coin. Hw many of u also use it 2play canter game, i even use it 2make canter football players.... I also rememba a gal dat almost swallow one naira dos days, only dat God helped her it was remove quickly....do u experience dis also Wen coins come 2mind i recall d past old sweet days.........quaaquaquaquaqua grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Tolexander: 10:04pm On May 15, 2015
GboyegaD:
including the 25k coin. Very lovely and valuable then.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Tolexander: 10:07pm On May 15, 2015
Kingpinukecy:
chaiiiiiiiii my nairalanders,i really flex dis kobo's and 1naira.hw many of u rememba dos day will go 2sch it jux 1naira coin. Hw many of u also use it 2play canter game, i even use it 2make canter football players.... I also rememba a gal dat almost swallow one naira dos days, only dat God helped her it was remove quickly....do u experience dis also Wen coins come 2mind i recall d past old sweet days.........quaaquaquaquaqua grin grin
baba open eye wella o!

No be the coins wey dey inside the picture you rock o. na only the 50k coin wey dey below you rock.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 10:10pm On May 15, 2015
GboyegaD:

Your own better. The day I steal N5 wey I wan go buy food of N1.50k and the woman ask me who give me money to buy such and say she go follow me go house. I stylishly escape and for many months I avoid the close like plague.

grin grin grin grin

bros 5 naira na soup money by dat time o

why u too no steal 1 or 2 naira na

lwkmd

5 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by cleatoris: 10:11pm On May 15, 2015
jamex93:

grin grin grin grin grin
we for no dey fit enter banks oo
especially banks like first bank
maybe we will have to ensure our belt is well tight if not the shokoto go just dey fall
grin grin
That period Wey hole no dey finish for pocket.
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2015
Kingpinukecy:
I also rememba a gal dat almost swallow one naira dos days, only dat God helped her it was remove quickly...

lwkmd

shay coin con turn sweet ni

that gal funny o
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jantofubu(m): 10:13pm On May 15, 2015
back then, 50kobo = 10 big sticks of kulikuli buh 2day d rest na history., there was truely a country

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 10:14pm On May 15, 2015
cleatoris:

That period Wey hole no dey finish for pocket.
cheesy grin

lwkmd

yes ooooo

all dos sweet days

how this post want take enter fp make ippl put mouth for this mata

cant stop lafing sha

grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 10:15pm On May 15, 2015
jantofubu:
back then, 50kobo = 10 big sticks of kulikuli

hahahahahahaha

lwkmd

bros u don get am all

grin grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by bettercreature(m): 10:17pm On May 15, 2015
Remember ke? the coin i spent almost everyday and i still have over 100 naira in my car
those shoprite sales girls can't stop giving me coins
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by cleatoris: 10:21pm On May 15, 2015
bettercreature:
Remember ke? the coin i spent almost everyday and i still have over 100 naira in my car
That's the only place you can use it. It's as worthless as that.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 10:23pm On May 15, 2015
bettercreature:

shocked shocked shocked

bros for which state??
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 15, 2015
bettercreature:
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by oluwatosin2015: 4:07pm On May 18, 2015
shocked
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by BarryX(m): 4:07pm On May 18, 2015
Fair enough, I used everything as regards coins including the recent $anusi coins jamboree
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Sweetguy25: 4:08pm On May 18, 2015
Obasanjo destroyed usage of coins in Nigeria
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by seunlayi(m): 4:08pm On May 18, 2015
GMB is about change and Coins are also about change(e). Therefore, watch out for the return of coin

Glo 20k - 350mb per month
mtn 15k 260mb per month

Lagos to Ibadan N5.50k

etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by maum: 4:08pm On May 18, 2015
I really spent there things then. The 25k coin too. Oh those days...
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by tejpot(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2015
My grandma was so lovely. She gives me 2 of those 50k coins out of her sweet to school in those days. And used to feel it was small. But now I know better. Exactly two years now since she went to the great beyond, may her soul RIP.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 18, 2015
Downright nostalgic shii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 18, 2015
GboyegaD:
damn, I wasn't even born by 1991
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by olu77(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2015
I spent the older version
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Ddonoflife(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2015
d good ol days .not d era of this ugly white wahsed money
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by nickyvil: 4:09pm On May 18, 2015
Lol....How time flies

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ishaq Hadejia To Suleiman Adamu: Resign Now! / See Moment Kwankwaso Mocked Ganduje Over Dollar Bribery (WATCH) / Impeachment Crisis: Fubara, Rivers PDP Leaders Depart For Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.