Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

DIRTY GAME - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DIRTY GAME (40171 Views)

Read: +18 Story – My Dirty Friend Cynthia / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 3:07pm On May 22, 2015
Donphemmzzy:
Can't wait!!
you like gist alot o... Winkz... Oya let's go
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 3:16pm On May 22, 2015
Donphemmzzy:
Can't wait!!
you like gist alot o... Winkz... Oya let's go
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 3:24pm On May 22, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 42
She picked it up and started crying immediately which got me scared...
Me: What is the issue? How far about her health? I waited for her for some seconds to say something but she didn't utter a word, she was only weeping instead which got me annoyed.
Me: talk now! (I yelled).
I dropped the call with anger when I couldn't hear anything from her than crying. I got confused more because I couldn't reason and understand Taiwo's reaction.
"Is it that Zainab is dead or why was she crying? No, she must not die! Never! She is too young to die. God, where is your face? Why am I passing through all this? Come to my aid" I cried bitterly and I was petted by my sister. We were expected to resume back to school that very week but due to the situation on ground, I couldn't and all my efforts to get in touch with Zainab were futile.
After some days, Taiwo called and told me that she had been flied out of country...
Me: How can I get her father's number?
Taiwo: He is out of the country as well, so you can't reach him for now except if he calls you. Me: I know you will not give the number to me and that is unfair, but Taiwo, what has she done for you to deserve that? The ingrate you claimed you didn't wanna be then, is now what you have turned to. Are you trying to punish me through her or what? Because, I don't understand.
Taiwo: (crying) my threat was just an empty one now. Can't you just trust me that I couldn't do such? You are my family and you are the ones keeping me alive, so how would you think killing or wounding you guys would be the best for me? What would I gain from that? It was just a coincidence and that my utterances were out of anger. Please and please, stop alleging me of what I know nothing about.
Me: (I sighed) I am not convinced with your actions and words. Don't worry, God shall expose and punish whoever is behind this issue. I said and dropped the call.
I tried to motivate myself and move on. I went back to school after two weeks and my school fees was sent to me by my sister a week after. Though, it was difficult for me to put away her feelings, but life must continue. I managed to write my industrial training report and also forced myself to read because I must not have any delay. I tried her number every successful day but never gone through, but I never for once tried that of Taiwo because her action has made me created phobia for her...
After three months, my first semester exam was around the corner and I've started preparing to put in my best so as to come out with better result, I got a reggae call from Taiwo which spoilt my blues... TO BE CONTINUED...

1 Like

Re: DIRTY GAME by oceandivee(m): 3:53pm On May 22, 2015
This one is strong ooo, kudos to u boss @ OP
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2015
oceandivee:
This one is strong ooo, kudos to u boss @ OP
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 43
“Hello, how far? Have you heard from her?” I asked anxiously. “No jawe”, she replied soberly.
Me: What about daddy, did you hear from him?
Taiwo: Not at all. I even tried his number yesternight, but didn’t go through and he didn’t call me too.
Me: O ga o. All is well.
Taiwo: Ameen. (Trembling) I got an information for you…
Me: Good or bad?
Taiwo: (she sighed), it depends on the window through which you view it, but to me, it’s good. I’m not supposed to inform you about this, but I still have to tell you at the same time due to one reason.
Me: I’m listening!
Taiwo: I threw up twice some days ago which prompted me to go for test thinking it was malaria but the result showed it that I’m three months pregnant.
Me: Preg what? Did I hear you say pregnant or what?
Taiwo: Of course yes. Is it new to you or what?
Me: You must be joking. Perhaps, you go for another test because I have not done anything with you and besides, I’m not ready to settle down with you unless you find me Zainab.
Taiwo: (raised voice) Listen and listen good Afeez, I’m not calling to trade words with you but just to get you informed and again, I’m not forcing you to bring anything but to know that very soon, you are gonna become a father. She lamented and hung up the call.
I was shocked and confused.
This lady with her problems all the time.
What should I do now? I was disturbed throughout that day. Though, it was difficult to do, but I later discarded and got over the problem, and then managed to write my first semester exam and left the school to our family house in Ede.
My room was dusty and there were hanging cobweb everywhere in the room. I couldn’t stay long in the house because it was scary though, I tided up everywhere before I tried to locate Demola and thank God I found him.
We exchanged pleasantries by hugging each other and shared life experiences together where I told him about my problems with Zainab and Taiwo… “Ore (friend), you are going to meet Zainab again but I will advise you to move on with Taiwo pending the arrival of Zainab”, he counseled.
I was confused with his words and seek for enlightenment…
“But what gave you the assurance that I’m still gonna meet Zainab again? And if you are very sure of that, why did you ask me to continue with Taiwo since Zainab will be back?” I questioned anxiously.
He cleared his throat and replied, “Since Taiwo claimed you have impregnated her, you will have to confirm her pregnancy and if it is true, there is nothing you can do to it than to accept. On Zainab’s issue, since she was the architect of the problems, she must be ready to accept defeat and be the second wife if and only if she is ready to be. That’s my own view”, he concluded.
I took a deep breath as I reasoned along with his argument, but it’s easy said than done. I appreciated him for his outstanding support. In fact, Demola was a friend indeed. We exchanged our new numbers before he took me out for fun. I stayed with him till the second day before I zoomed off to Oshogbo where I also disclosed all what has happened to my sister. She blamed all of us for playing politics and alleged Taiwo and I for betraying Zainab. She felt pathetic and shared from Zainab’s feelings despite the fact that she was not there and advised me to move on as Demola counseled. Since, Taiwo is always available throughout the weekend, then I decided to pay her august visit which got me shocked on getting there…
TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIRTY GAME by mubzay(f): 10:20pm On May 22, 2015
And d action starts...
Maybe both girls are playing u #mythots
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 5:36am On May 23, 2015
mubzay:
And d action starts...
Maybe both girls are playing u #mythots
let's see how it goes wink
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 6:45am On May 23, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 44
I couldn’t just believe she was truly pregnant. I wondered why her pregnancy was crystal clear even visible for the blinds to see. She was also shocked and flabbergasted to see me. She was confused and didn’t know whether to embrace me or run away. She just stood motionless with her mouth wide opened. I moved closer to her and hugged her tightly while she embraced me too and tears started rolling down her cheeks. I fought back the tears and we sat down. She stood again “just a moment please” she said and later came back with a bluish bottle of wine with a glass in a tray and put it on a stool in front of me… “Thanks for that, but I will to be able to take anything. I only came here to check on you and know about your welfare” I said in a weak tone.
“Thanks for that, but why are you taking nothing? Are you still not happy with me?” she replied like a beggar looking for Samaritan.
“I must be frank with you, I am not happy with what is going on and my conscience has not been allowing me to sleep.
Assuming Zainab came around now, what are we gonna say? What do you think she would say? I want you yourself to think about it and put yourself in her shoes. If you were to be Zainab, what would you do?” I confessed and inquired.
She sighed; her head was bent down and buried it in her right volar while her left hand was placed on her left thigh. She stood up after some minutes and started wandering in the room while soliloquizing…
“If I had known that this is what will happen, I wouldn’t have engaged myself in such dirty game in the first instance. It’s a big slap on my face but I don’t have any other alternative than to accept it the way it has happened since I can’t abort. I’ve once made an attempt of aborting it, but I was told in the hospital that I was just fortunate to conceive because there is fibroid in my womb and my chance of getting another one if I abort this is zero. I’m not happy about this too. In fact, I felt like joining my family because I’m tired of my life. I’m ashamed of my stupidity. Afeez, what do you think is the way out?” she confessed sadly and busted into tears.
I was short of words. What a dilemma! I stood up after some minutes and petted her to take heart…
“You mistakenly cut your fingers with knife and then threw away the knife, what has happened has happened. We were all at fault and guilty of our acts and there is nothing we can do than to accept our faith and learn from our mistakes. Take heart dear, everything is gonna be okay. I’m very much ready not to let you down, to be responsible for the pregnancy, to stand beside you and also ready to bear whatever risk that comes out of this even when Zainab comes around”, I said calmly while she hugged me so tight…
“love you so much”, she appreciated with tears tricking down her cheeks. We both accepted our destiny and decided to move on till when we hear from Zainab… TO BE CONTINUED
Re: DIRTY GAME by queenbetsy(f): 11:11am On May 23, 2015
op...the story's going good....buh,wait o!....u no go serve popcorn
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 1:54pm On May 23, 2015
queenbetsy:
op...the story's going good....buh,wait o!....u no go serve popcorn
lolz... Still on process o... Make i add groundnut?...wink
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 7:17am On May 24, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 45
I introduced her to my sister who gave her some word of advice and encouraged her not to give up on the condition she found herself. The counsel brought her back to life and rekindled her lost hope.
I paid her regular visit to play and chat with her before I left back for school after three weeks of vacation. Her love started increasing day by day in my heart but yet, I couldn’t let go two days without dialing my first love’s number which was always not going through. The life that was once like hell was then getting lovely and cozy and my relationship with Taiwo was then becoming perfect which made me concentrated on my studies without any problem. Elders say a child that knows how to wash hands will surely eat with elder. My generous attitude to her also made her increased in good deeds to me. What surprised me most about her was that she sent me cash whenever I was broke and least expected as if I informed her. It was always coincided.
To God be to glory, I completed my B.sc program and I was posted to River State for my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) where I was fortunate to work with an Oil company. I was well paid and at the same time I did some kind of runs which yielded me more money. I sent money to my sister to get me a bungalow in preparation to settle down as a family man with Taiwo which she did without any stress with the help of her husband who was an agent. I seldom visit home to check on my wife (Taiwo) as a result of the distance but never let go of a day without hearing from her… Blood is thicker than water. May God bless my sister beyond her expectation because she really tried for both of us. In fact, I would have said she was my mother but since I didn’t grow up to know how mother cares, then I would rather say she was my grandma because she stayed and care for her since I was not around.
One fateful night, I could remember vividly, it was Thursday around 1:45am when I got a call from my sister telling me that she was in a hospital and prayer was needed just because my wife was about to deliver and she had been carried to the labour room. On hearing that, my body system changed and I became restless. It was not less than fifty minutes when I heard my phone ring again, my sister calling. I picked it up without any delay… “Hello sister, has she put to bed?” I asked anxiously with tremble in my voice.
“I learnt that she can’t put to bed herself and she needs to go through CS (caesarean section) and as a result of that, she has been moved to the theatre. Just keep your mind at rest and keep on praying. By God’s grace, she will deliver safely and we shall hear from both the mother and the baby”, she explained rendered words of encouragement.
“A a ameen” I responded with great fear in my voice and she hung up the call.
It was a big blow on my face and my heart started pounding heavily while I kept on repeating “CS” like a kindergarten student reciting ‘A for Apple’ along side with his or her teacher. I kept on moving up and down in the room for some minutes before I later picked up a kettle and performed ablution, and then started praying. After some minutes, I heard my phone ringing again which made me broke the prayer. And I was shocked and confused when I saw who was calling me… TO BE CONTINUE.
GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL
Re: DIRTY GAME by Idrhas(m): 8:41am On May 24, 2015
Morning Monsieur
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 9:38am On May 24, 2015
Idrhas:
Morning Monsieur
French man smiley... Thanks
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 9:40am On May 24, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 46
It was Taiwo, “how come? Has she given birth or what?” those were the questions dangling in my mind while I was still looking at the phone ringing till I lost the first call and finally picked it up when it started ringing for the second time.
“he e ello dear”, I said stammering when she cut in “it’s me, mummy Ope. Thank God o, she has put to bed” she broke the news happily. “Ope o o o! Ha! God, you are wonderful. You are indeed the greatest. You are worthy to be praised. Sister, wait o, a boy or a girl?” I asked anxiously in exited mood.
“In fact, God is really great o. Both nio, a boy and a girl (giggling)” she said joyfully.
I couldn’t just believe what I heard, so I tried to confirm to be sure… “Please, can you just recap what you just said now? Do you mean twins?” I asked anxiously while I stretched my ears in an attempt to hear clearly. “Yes o o o, you are now baba ibeji”, she re-affirmed her statement joyfully.
“Allahu Akbar!” I praised God with surprise which means “God is great”… “I’m so happy to hear this good news o. In fact, if anyone rides horse in my belly, he or she will ride smoothly without any hindrance. Thank you so much sister, I’m gonna join you as early as possible tomorrow, but may I speak with her?” I said joyfully and inquired.
“No for now, she is asleep” she replied.
“No problem then, later”, I said.
“Alright o, baba ibeji. Journey mercy in advance and take care of yourself”, she replied excitedly and hung up the call…
I was so happy and felt like I was on top of the world and decided to spread the good news without minding that it was mid night. I put call to Demola but he didn’t pick up which gave me an instinct to delay spreading the development to everyone who deserves to know about it till morning. I couldn’t sleep till the dawn because I was just full of joy forgetting that there was a challenge before me…
The next morning, Demola called me back and I told him about the news which got him exited as well. When it was around 8:15am, I prepared for home but branched at office to get my boss informed and simultaneously took permission which he granted satisfactorily. I got home safely and checked on her at the hospital…
She was discharged after four days and people came from every nooks and crannies to greet her…
I thought I was dreaming when I saw Sophiat who also came around to rejoice with us. I was shocked and confused, we stared at each other with horror face, then she made an irritating and elongated hiss which sent signal to everyone on seat and got them surprised, and then set eyes on her at a time. She stood up immediately,
“Taiwo, I need to see you in camera. Would you join me outside?” she stepped out while our eyes followed her and Taiwo followed…
After some minutes, Taiwo came in with strain written all over her face and everyone on seat started looking at her with worried wondering what could have happened but couldn’t say anything.
“Where is Sophiat that you followed?” I asked so as to emanate the unfavourable situation on ground because most of them (well-wishers) were in darkness.
“She has gone, but promised to come back later”, she replied in sour tone.
In the evening of that very day, I asked her about what Sophiat told her but she didn’t open up.
“Don’t mind her jawe. It was all about your past which I’m less concerned about. Though, I’m not happy but I have no option than to accept my fate”, she responded while her eyes were saturated with tears.
Though, I was not satisfied with her stance and response but due to her present status, I needed to take things lightly with her which made me changed the topic to naming ceremony plan.
“Dear, what are the names you would like to give the babies”, I asked with smile on my face while expecting her to reply in an excited mood but my expectation turned otherwise.
She looked into my eyes with sympathy and shook her head left and right, I was expecting her to say something, but nothing came out from her mouth. Her action got me scared, then I move closer to her and petted her
“Dear, what’s the issue? What happened? This look is nothing to write home about, please, tell me something”, I pleaded with strain all over my face. Then, the babies started crying which made my sister came around to assist her. She breastfed them but yet they refused to stop crying till around 3:05am. And around that time, I got a call from my boss telling me that my attention is needed and I needed to report as early as possible. I left my sister and wife very early in the morning… TO BE CONTINUED
Re: DIRTY GAME by mubzay(f): 10:35am On May 24, 2015
Hmmm! Hope itsnt wat am thnking? Zainab is coming back? U arnt d father of dos babies?
Wetin b sophiat's own sef?
Lovely day to y'all.
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 12:29pm On May 24, 2015
mubzay:
Hmmm! Hope itsnt wat am thnking? Zainab is coming back? U arnt d father of dos babies?
Wetin b sophiat's own sef?
Lovely day to y'all.
could it be true? Let's find out
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 12:32pm On May 24, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 47
I was about to enter Ore town when I saw a man in the pool of his own blood almost lifeless struggling to come out from a devastated jeep that ran into the bush. I felt care less about the incidence and drove off, but my mind couldn’t just allow me to do so. Then, I stopped but didn’t kill the engine of my car and tried to rescue him. The driver has joined his fore-father, then I carried the man into my car not minding any implication that could come out of it and drove him to a nearby hospital in the town and he was urgently carried to A&E (Accident and Emergency) unit first and later transferred to ICU (Intensive Care Unit ) just because he was unconscious.
I did the necessary things and my number was collected by the doctor in case of any assistance while road safety officials was called before I proceeded with my journey. I Joined my colleagues at work and when I asked of the boss, I was told that he just left the office as a result of a call he got, then I decided to move out and put call to him but he didn’t pick up…
Then, I decided to call my wife so as to know about her well being and that of my twins but she also refused to pick up which made me called my sister and the story was the same. I called both of them several times but no response. My mind was disturbed and I didn’t know what to do “these people are not matured enough to be using mobile phone, where have they kept their phones now?”, I murmured.
I went back to the office where Emeka, a colleague at office challenged and delivered a message to me “where did you go before?” he asked inquisitively.
“Just to make calls”, I replied.
“Alright, Oga said you should work on this and submit the report before 6:00pm”, he handed a file to me and winked me with smile written all over his face.
I collected the file from him and started the assignment immediately with no time wasted. Though, the work shouldn’t have taken more than three hours but due to the pressure on me which made me spent additional two hours but yet, it was ready some minutes to 6:00pm and that was when my boss came around and the work was handed to him.
He went through it and said “in you I trust. Kudos for the work well done. How was your family at home? I wouldn’t have disturbed you but just because you are the best to carry out this assignment for me. Next tomorrow is the naming ceremony right?”
“Yes sir.” I replied and shook my head in affirmation with smile.
“Good! Be expecting me and my people” he said.
“Alright sir. Thanks a lot sir”, I responded.
“You are free to go back home, the family man”, he said in a jokingly and left the office and I replied “thank you sir.”
Then, it was already past 6:00pm and I decided to call the mother of my kids again which I expected her to pick up but picked by my sister…
“Hello dear, where have you put…?”, I was about to query her when she cut in, “it’s me, your sister. Mama Ibeji is not in good condition, she is bleeding and she has been taken to hospital. In fact, she is in a critical condition and she said she needs to see you. Therefore, you will have to show up as urgent as possible”, she said with tremble in her voice.
On hearing this, I was shocked and felt sad…
“I will join you very soon”, I replied in sad mood and dropped the call.
I quickly got the car key and started the car, I got to the hospital after six hours journey…
“Where is she?” I curiously asked my sister who lead me to the doctor’s office and we went to her together…
I met her on bed looking very sick and started wondering what could have been the issue.
“Welcome dear”, she said and she started struggling to get up in order to rest her back against the wall which I assisted her in achieving that.
I sat beside her while the doctor and my sister stood looking at her…
She looked into my eyes passionately and tears started trickling down her cheeks.
I wondered what brought about that and quickly wiped off the tears with my right volar.
“Dear, what’s the issue? What happened?” I asked out of worried while the doctor stood looking at the drama.
She sighed and kept on staring at me passionately before she spoke out…
“I’m very sorry dear. I love you so much and care for you a lot, but it pains me a lot and wound has been created in my heart as a result of the medium through which we met and the silly mistake I made where I served as a stooge. Hope you will forgive me when you read through a letter I’ve written to you which I kept in the wardrobe? I’m gonna miss you a lot.” she said and smiled while still looking into my eyes.
“Why all this dear? I also love you and care for you as well”, I responded out of tension.
“Take care of my babies very well dear” she said and took the last breath…
TO BE CONTINUED…
Re: DIRTY GAME by daprincel(m): 1:11pm On May 24, 2015
ajodem:
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 47
I was about to enter Ore town when I saw a man in the pool of his own blood almost lifeless struggling to come out from a devastated jeep that ran into the bush. I felt care less about the incidence and drove off, but my mind couldn’t just allow me to do so. Then, I stopped but didn’t kill the engine of my car and tried to rescue him. The driver has joined his fore-father, then I carried the man into my car not minding any implication that could come out of it and drove him to a nearby hospital in the town and he was urgently carried to A&E (Accident and Emergency) unit first and later transferred to ICU (Intensive Care Unit ) just because he was unconscious.
I did the necessary things and my number was collected by the doctor in case of any assistance while road safety officials was called before I proceeded with my journey. I Joined my colleagues at work and when I asked of the boss, I was told that he just left the office as a result of a call he got, then I decided to move out and put call to him but he didn’t pick up…
Then, I decided to call my wife so as to know about her well being and that of my twins but she also refused to pick up which made me called my sister and the story was the same. I called both of them several times but no response. My mind was disturbed and I didn’t know what to do “these people are not matured enough to be using mobile phone, where have they kept their phones now?”, I murmured.
I went back to the office where Emeka, a colleague at office challenged and delivered a message to me “where did you go before?” he asked inquisitively.
“Just to make calls”, I replied.
“Alright, Oga said you should work on this and submit the report before 6:00pm”, he handed a file to me and winked me with smile written all over his face.
I collected the file from him and started the assignment immediately with no time wasted. Though, the work shouldn’t have taken more than three hours but due to the pressure on me which made me spent additional two hours but yet, it was ready some minutes to 6:00pm and that was when my boss came around and the work was handed to him.
He went through it and said “in you I trust. Kudos for the work well done. How was your family at home? I wouldn’t have disturbed you but just because you are the best to carry out this assignment for me. Next tomorrow is the naming ceremony right?”
“Yes sir.” I replied and shook my head in affirmation with smile.
“Good! Be expecting me and my people” he said.
“Alright sir. Thanks a lot sir”, I responded.
“You are free to go back home, the family man”, he said in a jokingly and left the office and I replied “thank you sir.”
Then, it was already past 6:00pm and I decided to call the mother of my kids again which I expected her to pick up but picked by my sister…
“Hello dear, where have you put…?”, I was about to query her when she cut in, “it’s me, your sister. Mama Ibeji is not in good condition, she is bleeding and she has been taken to hospital. In fact, she is in a critical condition and she said she needs to see you. Therefore, you will have to show up as urgent as possible”, she said with tremble in her voice.
On hearing this, I was shocked and felt sad…
“I will join you very soon”, I replied in sad mood and dropped the call.
I quickly got the car key and started the car, I got to the hospital after six hours journey…
“Where is she?” I curiously asked my sister who lead me to the doctor’s office and we went to her together…
I met her on bed looking very sick and started wondering what could have been the issue.
“Welcome dear”, she said and she started struggling to get up in order to rest her back against the wall which I assisted her in achieving that.
I sat beside her while the doctor and my sister stood looking at her…
She looked into my eyes passionately and tears started trickling down her cheeks.
I wondered what brought about that and quickly wiped off the tears with my right volar.
“Dear, what’s the issue? What happened?” I asked out of worried while the doctor stood looking at the drama.
She sighed and kept on staring at me passionately before she spoke out…
“I’m very sorry dear. I love you so much and care for you a lot, but it pains me a lot and wound has been created in my heart as a result of the medium through which we met and the silly mistake I made where I served as a stooge. Hope you will forgive me when you read through a letter I’ve written to you which I kept in the wardrobe? I’m gonna miss you a lot.” she said and smiled while still looking into my eyes.
“Why all this dear? I also love you and care for you as well”, I responded out of tension.
“Take care of my babies very well dear” she said and took the last breath…
TO BE CONTINUED…

Dammit! but why did Taiwo have to die nau.......a pity i'd av loved them to get married n live happily.

Ride on boss!
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 2:12pm On May 24, 2015
daprincel:

Dammit! but why did Taiwo have to die nau.......a pity i'd av loved them to get married n live happily.

Ride on boss!
let's see what happen next... I commend you for devoting your time in reading this junk of mine. You are blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 2:18pm On May 24, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 48
I quickly held her and shook her vigorously calling her name Taiwo, Taiwo, Taiwo while my sister started jumping up and down, “excuse me”, the doctor said in an urgent tone. He quickly brought out a stethoscope and examined her. He shook his head left and right, looked at my face and that of my sister and then said, “I’m sorry, she is dead.”
“Dea what? Doctor! How do you mean? Taiwo! Taiwo!! Please, just look at my face, please just answer me for a moment” I pleaded while shaking her but she refused to answer which made me busted in to tears while my sister was also rolling on the floor crying bitterly.
Taiwo’s body was covered with white cloth while we were dragged out of the room.
It was really a sad day for me. Arrangement was made for burial by contacting those that were concerned, but unfortunately for us, Taiwo’s guidance who happened to be Zainab’s father was also in a hospital. It was confirmed that he had accident when he was coming home to check on Taiwo who gave birth.
She was finally buried on the day that should be the naming ceremony through the help of daddy Ope (my sister’s husband) who help spoke to the elders in Zainab’s family.
I couldn’t stay in my house but with my sister who was taking care of the twins.
Life became misery for me. I blamed myself for lack of self control “had I know, I wouldn’t have slept with her”, I regretted my actions, “Afeez, why did you lose your sense of reasoning? You are endowed with knowledge, but you didn’t make use of what God has bestowed in you. You Impregnated Zainab and it landed you in trouble, were you supposed to indulge in such act again with that family?” I was soliloquizing while tears were tricking down my cheek and that was when daddy Ope came around and consoled me to take heart…
Her death came as a shock to me which taught me a lesson that no one is too small or too old to die and this made me move more closer to God and asked for forgiveness for my shortcomings.
After three weeks, I was called at office to scan a document and send it through my email which forced me to go home. While looking for the document, I saw the letter written to me by late Taiwo and I read through; “it is sadden that we won’t leave together for long. I never thought it would be like this: if I had known, I wouldn’t have agreed with her: the stigma is too harsh and unbearable for me to endure; my conscience is disturbing me everyday for betraying someone like Zainab. Though, she has to be blamed as well but why did I accept to be a stooge? I think the only way to pay for my stupidity and also to let peace reign in your life and that of Zainab is to leave.
Don’t be sad about my exit; remember, I promised to deliver my kids for you which I’ve done and the names you requested for from me to give the twins are here: the baby girl should be named Zainab while the boy should be named Abdulafeez. I named them as such because I loved both of you (you and Zainab).
NOTE: You must marry Zainab and she must be the one to take care of my babies because I know you love each other and help me plead to her to forgive me because I have betrayed her trust in me and cheated on her.
You will have to forgive me too because Zainab asked me to drop you eighty thousand naira into your account for your School fees and some other things needed before she left for Ede to meet her dad. My ATM pin is 1212. I hope I’ve satisfied my conscience and I should be able to rest in peace.
Warning: don’t marry any other person except Zainab and take care of my babies very well if you don’t want trouble and you must not try to trace the cause of my exit…
Till when we meet where we shall depart no more. Taiwo cares.”
I read the letter with sadden heart and her words touched me. I felt guilty and pathetic for her exit and cried bitterly but later consoled myself when I thought of her last statement where she stressed that I must marry Zainab and also to take care of her babies if I didn’t want trouble. The question is where and how will I get Zainab who has disappeared for more than a year?… TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DIRTY GAME by drtwist(m): 8:17am On May 25, 2015
I love your story because it has good morals.....alot to learn in life.....though life is not easy like words but if i was afeezs i will marry again. Just take care of my kids. Keep it up
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 49
I took the letter to my sister and his husband when I couldn’t reason on the way out and they were also shocked when they went through it and got the content of the letter.
Though, it was not that strange to my sister, but it got her husband lost which made him went crisome and lashed me with irritating words without minding my present status and that, I was also a father. My sister couldn’t utter a word because she dare not say anything when the man is around while I bowed my head in acceptance of the defeat…
“You are not trustworthy and I’m totally disappointed in you. In fact, we have to leave you to dance to the beat of the trouble you have played” he said angrily and flung the letter while he left us on seat and worked briskly into his room.
I never expected such reaction from him and his reaction gave me the instinct of the strength and the intensity of the offence I committed…
I brushed my hair with my volar to and fro when my eyes were filled with tears and I nearly busted into tears which made my sister moved closer to pet me, “all is well dear. Don’t worry, I will speak to him and justice will be done to it”, she said and went in to join him…
I couldn’t get myself right throughout that day not until the following day when the man called on me, sat me down and fed me with words of virtue and we later sketched out the plan on how to go about the issue…
My sister was asked to monitor the home while her husband and I went to Ede in order to see Zainab’s family. We called on Demola, who also informed his father about the scenario and we all went there together.
The elders that we consulted during Taiwo’s issue were met and they told us that only Zainab’s father could tell us about Zainab and he was still in hospital and promised to keep us informed when he is alright. In fact, I couldn’t just believe they could be lenient and so generous to us on such issue.
We appreciated them and left the place. Demola’s father also gave us hope about the issue due to his relationship with Zainab’s father.
The following week, I got a call from my boss to come but it was not urgent. I prepared for the journey and informed my sister. Though, her husband was not around, but I managed to put the call to him as well so as to get him informed about my movement.
When I was about to enter Ore town, then I remember that I carried a man to one hospital and my mind asked me to check on him to know about his welfare, but I rejected it and zoomed off to my destination.
My boss and colleagues sympathized with me on the issue of my wife and asked about the twins which I also thanked them for showing concern and for their supports through text messages and calls.
It was a great challenge for me to get over the issue most especially when I thought about Taiwo’s words in the letter and the emphasis she made on Zainab’s issue. Assuming I was opportuned to get in touch with Zainab, will she forgive me? If she does, what about her rigid father who has lost Taiwo through me and almost lost his life in the process of checking on her? When I thought about those questions, my heart vibrated and I was tired of myself.
As day goes over day, I started getting over my troubled mind when I mixed with my people at work because they were all friendly and jovial.
I never let go of anyday without putting calls to my sister and asked about how the kids doing.
One Saturday evening, around 9:15pm, I was in bed and about to sleep when I heard my phone ringing and when I looked at the screen, it happened to be a strange number which I pick without any delay…
“Hello o, who is this?” I curiously asked.
“This is Dr. Apan. Am I speaking with Mr. Afeez?” he asked calmly.
“You are very much on his line. Any problem?” I intoned without fear.
“Good! Thanks for the other day. In fact, more of your type are needed in our society. Here is the chief you saved his life and he is interested in speaking with you” he said (trying to handle the phone to the man)
“hello Mr. Man, how are you doing?” he intoned in big man voice.
“I’m very much okay sir. How is your body now sir?” I responded
“I’m now very much okay and I will be discharged probably tomorrow. Thanks so much. I really appreciate you and I will like to know you” He said and requested.
“I’m very happy to hear this sir. You are my father sir, and therefore command me which ever way you like it sir”, I replied.
“You are blessed. That’s my number, I will get you inform when I’m available. Thanks alot”, he said.
“Alright sir”, I replied and he hung up the call…
TO BE CONTINUED
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2015
drtwist:
I love your story because it has good morals.....alot to learn in life.....though life is not easy like words but if i was afeezs i will marry again. Just take care of my kids. Keep it up
I realy appreciate your words... Thanks alot smiley
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 4:07pm On May 25, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 50
I was surprised to hear from him and at the same time happy to be the one whom God used to save his life. I quickly stored his number with “Chief” and later slept off.
I was expecting him to call me the second day
but I didn’t see his call. Then, I decided to follow the adages that says “if mountain refuses to go to
Muhammed, Muhammed should go to mountain” which made me put call to him but which he refused to pick up. On Tuesday of that very week, I got a call from Demola…
“Hello Ore, you know what?” he curiously asked.
“I don’t know jawe, just yan me wetin happen ni jawe”, I replied anxiously.
“I pray gobe shouldn’t happen nio, because
Zainab’s father is now around and fainted when he heard about Taiwo’s death. He is now in my father’s clinic and he hasn’t recovered from the shock. Though, my dad should be able to know how to handle his case, but you still have to be very prayerful”, he broke the intimidating news.
“Thanks for the information sir”, I replied out of tension while my heart started pounding heavily and I didn’t know the next line of action to seek redress.
Then, I decided to inform my sister’s husband who told me to keep calm, saying in as much the man lives and Zainab is also alive, there will be solution. He also asked me to join him at home on Saturday.
Sequel to the issue, I requested for permission from my boss to spare me the whole of the coming week which he granted without any stress.
I got home lately on Friday and branched at my sister’s house, but her husband was not yet around.
I really pity my sister for the trouble I put her
into. Her beauty has faded and she has lost
weight due to the stress of the babies. I even wondered how she managed to cope.
Daddy Ope came around on Saturday and he told
me to prepare myself that we were going to Ede on Sunday to sort things out. I put call to Demola to get him informed and he also told me that his
father is working on the issue by telling Zainab’s father not to get mad at anybody due to his health status irrespective of what could have happened or what is happening ******
Coincidentally, my sister’s husband got a call from an uncle to Zainab’s father asking us to show up on Sunday which was our target day.
It was Sunday morning, we prepared ourselves
and called Demola to get set for the challenge ahead of us. That time around, my sister and her small boy Ope went with us likewise the twins.
On getting there, we met his uncles on seat and he was called upon to join us…
As he was coming down gently through the stairs case i kept on staring at him wondering if he was the one or not. “Could this be true? I don’t think Its possible!” I kept on debating in my mind till when he finally be on a seat.
We exchanged pleasantries while he was staring at my sister but he didn’t utter a word. Then, my
sister’s husband stood up and asked me to
prostrate while Demola also joined me… Zainab’s father (Cut in) “please o, I’m confused. Is this not Demola, my doctor’s son?” he asked anxiously.
“Yes sir, it’s me”, Demola replied and put on a smile.
“What do you have for us?” Zainab’s father
asked.
“It will be presented to you by daddy sir”, he
replied gently while my sister’s husband started the presentation…
Daddy Ope: I’m Mr.Abdulwasi, an uncle to Abdulafeez whom your daughter, Taiwo, (may her soul rest in perfect peace and may God take care of her children) delivered the twins to. May the
God Almighty in his infinite mercy give us
fortitude to bear the loss. We are really sorry for taking you to such bitter experience and all we have caused your family. Please, forgive us. We glorify God and give all adoration to him for sparing your life for us despite all the challenges you have gone through. We are very sorry once again. The issue on ground is seriously tough and
tedious for me to table, but I still have to say it
and please, I will really appreciate if you could
accept it which ever way I presented it…
In that course, a man from Zainab’s family took over from him…
First uncle: Have your sit sir (he told my sister’s husband) Thanks alot. We have told our brother
eighty percent of what you came here for and
everything has been settled, it’s only that he needs to know the deceased’s husband and how you will be
taking care of her children because we are now in-laws and we need to take care of the twins together. Where is baba ibeji? He asked and that was when I stood up for recognition…
“Are you the husband”, Zainab’s father asked
anxiously while looking at my face and that of my sister interchangeably…
TO BE CONTINUED
Re: DIRTY GAME by queenxey(f): 8:25pm On May 25, 2015
Gbam! e done happen! You are really a great writer o, more ink to your pen joor.
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 9:44pm On May 25, 2015
queenxey:
Gbam! e done happen! You are really a great writer o, more ink to your pen joor.
Hmmm! Thanks dear
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 51
“Yes sir” I replied with tremble in my voice.
He paused for some minutes while he was staring at my sister, “Iya ibeji, your face looks familiar to me. Have we met before?” he curiously asked while my sister nodded her head to affirm his question. “Where have we met” he questioned further.
“I was the one who came to you some years back as regards my grandmother issue who was arrested and later hanged to death” she replied and busted into tears while tears started tricking down my cheek as well. The whole room became silence as graveyard while Zainab’s father was short of words. He looked at us with pity and then took a deep breath…
“What goes around always comes around, that is life. I’m very sorry for my harshness then. Please forgive and forget about the past” he pleaded while my sister nodded in affirmation and the man asked further, “hope this man (referring to me) was not the one who got my precious daughter impregnated then?”
I was shocked and my heart started beating very fast while those on seat kept on watching the drama he was acting.
“I’m very sorry sir” I uttered, which made him look at me with hatred and that was when an elderly man from his family stood up to talk. He cleared his throat and started “hun hun! You see, this issue is just like when mosquito pearches on ones scrotum which needs alot of patience. If we refuse to forget about yesteryears saga, we won’t get a friend to play with. In the light of this, I will want us to forget about the past issue and accept them as part of our family”, he said which rendered Zainab’s father sober.
Though, he was not totally satisfied, but he accepted and later embraced me…
“Thanks alot for these great opportunity you have given to us to be part of your family. We really appreciate it sir. But, is not over until it’s over. We have a letter written by the deceased to her husband which also has something to do with the twins and Zainab. We will appreciate it alot if you could be of help on the issue sir”, said daddy Ope and I was instructed by Zainab’s father to collect the letter for him which I did without any time wasted. He went through the letter and felt like crying while his family members on seat were wondering what could have made him reacted that way, he then gave it to them to go through it as well.
They were all short of words and started looking at one another.
Suddenly, the cry of the twins rented the air, which caught the attention of everyone and my sister quickly attended to them but they kept on crying which made Zainab’s father stretched his hands so as to carry them. Everyone got astonished when they stopped crying. He was very happy and put on a smile…
“For the sake of these twins, I shall do justice to the letter. But the issue is just this, she shouldn’t be informed about Taiwo’s death because I can’t afford to lose her”, Zainab’s father confessed.
When I discovered that Zainab’s father has calmed down, then I used the opportunity to ask about her movement, “sir, is she back to Nigeria?” I asked like a samaritan.
“No, she is abroad managing my business. Any problem?” he asked with no sign of anger which made me inquired further, no sir, only…
I paused because I was scared to say what was on my mind.
Everyone kept on looking at me…
“Young man, speak your mind, there will be no problem. Only that what?” Zainab’s father intoned in a calm manner which made me gained confidence and spoke out.
“I received a call more than I year now from the state hospital through Zainab’s number telling me that she was involved in a car accident and I later heard from Taiwo that she was being flied out of country”, I said while blinking my eyes like analogue clock.
He looked at me and smiled, “it must be a dream Mr. man and you should have woke up from your slumber immediately. God forbid! Nothing of such has happened to my one and only treasure and it will not happen while I’m still alive. I was the one who had accident and thank God I survive it” he responded without any reaction which got me confused. Then, many questions started bubbling in my mind, but my instinct told me to keep mute which I obeyed.
Then, the elderly man left his seat to discuss with Zainab’s father in camera…
“We salute your courage for this giant step you have taken. Infact, you are very lucky because the person you are playing game with is not an easy type.
Sequel to your request as regards to the letter, you will have to give us little time to get intouch with Zainab and prepare her mind on the issue. We will contact you as soon as possible if and only if she is ready to take the responsibility”, said the elderly man…
TO BE CONTINUED
Re: DIRTY GAME by uthman305(m): 10:34pm On May 25, 2015
Lovely story u got here ajodem,and what I like Bout you is DAT u don't delAy updates.more ink to ur pen. grin
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 12:48am On May 26, 2015
uthman305:
Lovely story u got here ajodem,and what I like Bout you is DAT u don't delAy updates.more ink to ur pen. grin
thanks for the commendation my bro... smiley
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 12:50am On May 26, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
EPISODE 52 (SEMI FINAL) WRITTEN BY ADEBIYI DEMOLA (AJODEM)
We thanked them and left the place with peace of mind.
A month after, I was in the office when I heard my phone ringing and when I looked at the screen it happened to be the chief which made me pick up without hesitation…
“Hello sir” I said happily.
Chief: How are you Mr.Afeez
Me: I’m fine sir. How about you sir?
Chief: I’m very much okay as well. Thanks for the other day. Hope you are not annoyed at me for just calling you since I’ve promised?
Me: Not at all sir.
Chief: I’m very sorry for that, it was just because I’ve been busy. So, where are you?
Me: I’m in the office in River State where I’m serving.
Chief: That’s good of you. So, you are still a corp member?
Me: Yes sir.
Chief: That’s good of you! Hope you will not mind to be managing one of my companies when you are done with your service?
Me: (happy) I will highly appreciate it sir.
Chief: Good to hear that from you. When are we meeting in order to talk better?
Me: I will feed you back on that sir.
Chief: Alright dear, I would like to hear from you soonest. He said and hung up the call.
I was very happy to hear the good news from him and fed him back that I would be paying him the visit at the weekend, Saturday to be specific.
Though, I’ve once thought he should be the one while receiving his call but I later confirmed it when he described where he resides. It was same place where Zainab’s father resides.
It was just like a dream when I got home on Friday and daddy Ope told me that he just got a call from Zainab’s father who told him that we should show up on Sunday of which I have promised him to be in his house on Saturday…
When it was Saturday, around 10:45am, I received a call from Zainab’s father…
“Hello Mr. Afeez, how was your night?” he asked.
“I’m fine sir”, I replied.
“When will you be around because my daughter is eager and intrested in knowing you”, he asked inquisitively.
“I’m on my way already sir”, I replied.
“That’s good! Journey mercy”, he said while I replied with, “thank you sir” before he hung up the call.
“Zainab is now around”, I said to myself. Then, I started experiencing mixed feeling of happiness and sadness and later got to my destination.
Zainab’s father was shocked when he saw me, he looked at me with wonder…
“Why are you here today? You are to appear tomorrow, not today”, he intoned in shock.
“I’m the Afeez you called some minutes ago sir”, I replied.
“You!” he said pointing at me, “no, no, no, its not possible”, he said while shaking his head left and right in disagreement and quickly dialled a number which rang in my pocket. He dropped the call and redialled the number and the same thing repeated itself. This made him got shocked and confused, “so, you were the one who saved my life?” He asked out of shock and I nodded my head in affirmation which made him dissolved into tears and embraced me.
We were on this drama when Zainab came out of a room and was shocked as well to see me. She didn’t know what to do neither did I know…
“Daddy, is this the Afeez you said he helped you?” she asked curiously.
“Yes dear”, he replied with his eyes saturated with tears.
“Ooh no! I don’t think it is possible! It shouldn’t be this wicked guy who has betrayed my love. Oh my God!” she confessed bitterly and busted into tears.
I felt sad and guilty of my action with Taiwo. I made an attempt of petting her but she shouted at me, “if you dare touch me! You, the betrayal”, she said out of anger, then she stood up and worked out on me which weakened me and made me looked helpless. I busted into tears which made Zainab’s father spoke out…
“Be calm my son, you will have to go and come back tomorrow as speculated before, while I help you speak to her”, he said and hugged me before I left the house.
It was really a big blow on my face. Though, I didn’t expect least from her, but I never thought she could go up to that length. After all, she was the architect of the whole issue.
I checked on Demola and updated him about the new development before I left for Osogbo and I also informed my sister and her husband about the scenario which got them shocked.
Though, the incidence was paradoxical, but they bought all what I told them and also gave hope to me by saying “the case has been settled since her father has promised to speak with her”.
In the evening of that very day, I got a call from Zainab’s father…
TO BE CONTINUED….
Re: DIRTY GAME by ajodem(m): 1:52am On May 26, 2015
***DIRTY GAME***
(GRAND FINAL EPISODE) WRITTEN BY ADEBIYI DEMOLA
“Hello Afeez” he said.
“Yes sir”, I replied.
“I’m very happy for you because she has promised to take the responsibility.Though, you all have to be blamed for the dirty game you have played but yet, you have to take the larger percentage of the blame due to your lack of self control. I believe this is how God has planned it and nothing could be done to dispose it. Therefore, we will be expecting you tomorrow for proper resolution of the issue”, he confessed.
“Thank you a lot sir. I really appreciate your kindness and generousity. May the Almighty Allah in his infinite mercy be with you and your family sir. I have learnt my lesson in a hard way and therefore, I promise not to disappoint you. Thanks once again sir”, I replied with greatful heart.
“It’s a great pleasure for hearing such from you. We will be expecting you tomorrow”, he said calmly.
“Alright sir”, I replied and he then hung up the call.
My mind was filled with joy for the good news and I spread the gospel to my people who have been standing beside me through the hard time and they were all excited to hear.
I couldn’t sleep well just because I didn’t know how I was feeling. I felt like hearing from her but her number didn’t go through…
Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing and it happened to be an unknown number which I was not scared to pick it up…
“Hello Afeez”, she said and since her voice is unique to me, her name escaped from my mouth, “Zainab” while she giggled and then asked, “how did you know it’s me?”
“Your voice is unique to me, even if I hear it while sleeping I will know it’s you” I replied
“You and your sugar coated month. Thanks for that anyway. While are you not sleeping by now?” she asked inquisitively.
“I don’t just know jawe”, I intoned soberly which sent her a signal and that was when I confirmed that ladies are feable minded most especially when they are in love…
“I guess you are thinking over my reaction to you yesterday. I’m very sorry, I reacted in such manner out of anger because I was seriously hurt with what both of you did to me, but I later blamed myself for my mistake. I’ve forgiven you and ready to forget about the past and I hope you will do the same”, she confessed.
“Forgiveness is divine. Thanks a lot for everything. I’ve forgiven you as well and I vow to be trustworthy to you”, I replied soberly.
“Good to hear this from you”, she said.
“Zainab, I have a question for you and will appreciate it if you could open up to me”, I intoned gently.
“I promise to provide the right answer to what you wanted to ask me”, she replied courageously.
“Thanks for that. I got a call through your number some years before now when I was told that you were involved in a car accident and I later heard that you were flied out of country for treatment. How true was that?” I asked.
She sighed and later spoke…
“I’m very sorry to have done that to you. It wasn’t true. It was a planned work with the doctor that called you that very day. And the reason behind that was that a fortune teller told me to avoid you and leave this country if possible for like a year so as to avoid an untimely death and since prevention is better than cure, then I decided to subscribe to his warnings. I know I’ve gone wrong in some ways. Just forgive and forget for the sake of God and love”, she confessed soberly.
I was short of words for some seconds before I later spoke out, “I’ve forgiven you”, I said gently.
“Thanks so much dear. Love you so much”, she replied joyfully.
“Love you too”, I replied and she hung up the call…
My mind was at rest after the call and later slept off.
I took my bath very early in the next morning and prepared myself just because I was eager to see her. We later got there with my family and the case was settled.
Zainab’s father and his family handed Zainab to me when Sophiat came around which made my heart vibrated. She went on her knees in the presence of everyone and asked for forgiveness from both
Zainab and I for serving as obstacles which later resulted into Taiwo’s death.
Though, it pained but one just have to forgive and forget which we both did.
We appreciated everyone and left the place together with Zainab and she was trained by my sister how to take care of the babies and also became an expert.
After my NYSC, Zainab’s father fulfilled his promise by making me the managing director of one of his companies.
Zainab became a good mother by taking good care of the twins and she later had her own bouncing baby boy when the twins were two years of age and the all world graced the occasion and we live happily….
****THE END****
Share your views and thoughts about this story and what you have learnt so far.
I appreciate you all for your comments and commendations. You are blessed…

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Love & Wisdom / Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.